Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning All,
Basics First; 109 bsl this morning.
Let see, the lowest i have every been was in the 50's and it freaked me out because i was at work and my boss was freaking out because i was shaking and looking like a dear caught in headlights . now i keep tabs with me no matter where i am. its funny because i find them all over, in all of my bags and purses lol
An update on my recent NSV (now i know what that means ) I took my measurements last nite and found i lost 3 inches from my midsection, hince the dress fitting better lol
well gotta motor and finish up my work. ttfn
Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #137  

Cool

Hi, all. It's warm here today. Hope it doesn't get too hot tomorrow. I've had this wierd sniffling thing going on and off the last couple of months. I wake up with a runny nose and it just keeps going all day. No other symptoms. It lasts for a few days then goes away. I've tried over the counter allergy pills but nothing works. Has anyone ever had anything like this? Anyway, as to bgl testing, I tend to test only once a day for various reasons. My doctor wants me to test at least twice and i do occasionally. One of the problems is I have to meet a prescription deductible on my brand name meds and with all the meds I take it gets expensive to have to pay for two or more bottles of test strips a month. The other problem is my eating habits. My usual breakfast consists only of a large amount of tea with sugar and milk (tried Splenda but don't like it), which I nurse for about two hours. Then I have lunch. So there's not much "down" time to get a reliable reading. I sometimes take it in the early evening if I remember and before I eat a snack. I eat very late at night so I don't think I have overnight lows, since in the a.m. my bgl is in the 130s to 160s. It's been in the 140s so far this week. Am going to buy some meal replacements today and try to get back on a partial fast.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #138  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi again, gang . . . I'm home from lots of walking around the stores and my ankles hurt . . . whimper, whimper, whimper.

Bought a new little cat toy for the kids . . . Freckle is hogging it for himself, carrying around with him wherever he goes and growling when anybody tries to get in on the act. I swear these Bengals think they are dogs.

ROSEY . . . Know how you feel . . . Frickle still gets "confused" every frew days and pees on the couch (at least the vinyl throw makes it a lot easier to clean up). So far she is not the brightest bulb in the three pack; but she is the prettiest (IMHO, anyway). Sort of the 'dumb blonde' of the group; poor baby.

MONET . . . Good readings after your day of minor indulgences and less than normal exercise. Today's D:Life tip contains a recipe for potato salad. Life is full of coincidences sometimes.

So . . . here's that D:Life . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...li_june07.html . . . basically about making over some picnic classics.

SOILEY . . . Definitely do not want your temperatures. I'm with you . . . the older I get, the narrower my temperature tolerances become . . . somewhere between 20 & 25 C (68 to 77 F) all year long would be acceptable.

MICKEY . . . Oh I am so jealous . . . my middle is the last place I manage to lose inches . . . has taken me 55 pounds to get rid of 3 inches of waistline.

ROSETTA . . . Boy I hope your weather is a bit more cooperative too. Wow the sniffling definitely sounds like allergies, Chickie, except for the fact that it goes away. Maybe you should discuss it with your doctor.

BTW . . . here's another little blurb from this week's d:Life . . . about when to pay attention to the new items about "health discoveries" . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...nd_health.html

Nothing much else going on with me . . . keep things moving and shaking for the rest of the day, gang . . . back later . . .
Old 06-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #139  

Meowee: i think the reason im losing weight there is because of belly dance. i spend like an hour working on technique and isolation of my abs and core. not only is it paying off but it looks pretty hot too lol.
I think you and Soiley need to move to san francisco, we only have one season, foggy! at least where i am in the city that is.
check back in laters! ttfn
Old 06-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #140  

Hi everyone.. while i was getting dressed this am i stepped on the scale..i confess im a scale hopper..and to my surprize id lost 2 #'s..its been three weeks since i had a loss and i was frustrated..but finally tada 2#'s gone so thats a total of 28#'s now.. we just got back from the vets.. daisy got her shots and a clean bill of health..her "potty" manners need work but i suppose being a vets office those things happen..meowee your kitties sound like such fun..if my grdd wasnt allergic to them id probably have one.. ive always wanted a garfield cat..well chickies some very needed sewing projects are calling me..have nice evening everyone (((hugs))) rosey
Old 06-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #141  
Onward and Downward

Mickey . . . I might just have to think about that as a form of exercise.

Rosey . . . Yippee . . . good going.

Okay . . . I am just about ready for bed . . . so here is my food log for today . . .

S: 1 hard candy; 1 apple
B: 2 cups coffee; cereal, skim milk
S: 1/2 apple, 1 cheese stick
L: big salad; diet Italian dressing
S: fudge bar
D: small chicken breast; brown rice; broccoli, cauliflower, carrots;
jello with cool whip
S: Smart Pop

water -- 88 oz / 2750 ml

And . . . since this is the end of my week . . . here are my averaged nutrient levels. Actually a bit of a low calorie week; I try to average 1500 calories. Hey, this one just helps to make up for some of those weeks that are on the high side. For example, the last two have each been over 1700.

Net Calories: 1401
Fat: 43 grams / 391 calories / 28%
Net Carbs: 150 grams / 601 calories / 43%
Protein: 102 grams / 409 calories / 29%

Fibre: 44 grams

Now, I don't want anyone to feel they need to do the same thing. I just happen to have all the numbers anyway for the ongoing log I've been keeping for the past almost 18 months and figured posting it here would help give me an extra little in the motivation to do the right stuff. So far it seems to be working

Anyway, that's it for me . . . see you tomorrow . . .
Old 06-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #142  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

I was sure I had posted earlier today . . . but I must have dreamed it . . . oh well . . . another senior moment, I guess.

Today is almost a replay of yesterday, but with slightly different numbers . . . BGL at 4 am was 3.3 (59) so I had my apple and hard candy "wee-hours" meal and went back to bed. BGL at 8:30 was 5.8 (104). Weather is almost the same too; relatively cool and dreary.

To give you a little giggle . . . here is something that is different from yesterday . . .

As you know, I've been hiding my scale. It was propped up in the corner beside the toilet, face to the wall. Got up this morning and it had fallen over(been knocked over by kittens, probably) and was resting on the baseboard heater, which was going full blast (it has been cold at night around here). Pulled it out to check if it was okay . . . it wasn't. One of the little balancing feet on the bottom was sort of fused solid. Put it on the floor and hopped on . . . 192 pounds (loss of over 37 pounds in two weeks - right). Played with it for a bit and got the foot moving again. Put it on the floor and hopped on . . . now it says 203 pounds.

Bottom line . . . guess I need a new scale. Oh well, it was nice to actually see those numbers underneath me . . . even if only for a minute. Problem is . . . when I do weigh myself on the new one in a couple of weeks, I'll never really know if the number is "real" or not -- even though I plan to buy the same brand of scale again. Hey . . . if the number is 'good'; it's mine. If the number is 'bad'; it will be because of the new scale.

Actually, the incineration of the scale is not the only thing the trio has accomplished this morning . . . they've now decided they like to drink out of the toilet (yuck). More and more dog-like, I tell you. I must remember to put the lid down. Then, I went down to clean the litter pans and discovered somebody had knocked over a small shelving unit in the middle of the night. I do think it probably took one of the bigger cats to manage that and luckily nobody seems to have been hurt. Somedays you just have to keep remiding yourself about how much you enjoy having all these fur-babies around.

Well . . . better get going . . . I'm about to post a new recipe in the Sticky, my very favourite, extra easy, extra healthy bean salad which I will be having for dinner (and then quite a few more times over the next little while, because it's a big recipe).

Oh, and here's a question for today . . . to follow up on yesterday's one about the lowest BGL you remember . . . what is the highest BGL you remember (I know some have mentioned this already, but thought I'd ask anyway). Mine was 22.6 (407) about 6 years ago, just before I had to start using insulin in addition to all the other medications.

See you later, gang . . . hope you all have a moving and shaking day going on.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #143  

Well good morning all
Basics first: 112 this am
my answer for the question of the day.. 300, which was pretty low for what i had actually been eating.
well last nite i skipped my work out thinking that i probably needed a day off to let my body rest.. NO! i felt restless and icky having skipped it. I like to dance way to much to wanna skip it, so back at it to nite.

Meowee: Sounds like u have a lil gang of furry hoods running around the house. . i can just imagine them doing something naughty and then giving you the puss in boots innocent look oh and feel free to mail the busted scale to me. denial may not just be a river in africa, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to going sailing down it

well gotta get going.. take care all
Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #144  

Morning everyone.. another cold morning.. daisy and i out on the deck freezing at 5 am..they say consistancey is the key i had a perfect photo opp this morning and my camera in the house.. daisy is so curious about everything she had her paws up on my big planter and her nose buried in a petunia..so cute.. my sl was 75 again this morning..but i felt fine..meowee those kitties sound like such fun and i hate my scale or the fact that im a scale hopper..mickey i like to dance to but wouldnt do it around anyone..i like old time 50's -60's rock and roll..and its a site to "not " see hope u all have agreat day (((( )))) rosey
Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #145  

Rosey hey i dance like no bodies watching lol. and one of my fav songs to get down to is jerry lee lewis great balls of fire! it always makes me hyper and ready to shake it like a polaroid picture i also have a large collection of time life cd's from 1950 thru 1960. sometimes i just think the music back then had a **** of alot more to say. like the song shot-gun, talk about instructional lol well take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone.. another cold morning.. daisy and i out on the deck freezing at 5 am..they say consistancey is the key i had a perfect photo opp this morning and my camera in the house.. daisy is so curious about everything she had her paws up on my big planter and her nose buried in a petunia..so cute.. my sl was 75 again this morning..but i felt fine..meowee those kitties sound like such fun and i hate my scale or the fact that im a scale hopper..mickey i like to dance to but wouldnt do it around anyone..i like old time 50's -60's rock and roll..and its a site to "not " see hope u all have agreat day (((( )))) rosey
Old 06-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #146  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day. I love dancing at home alone too, and I agree 50's 60's rockers are the best for dancing. When my youngest grand was about 3 we would dance and she would say "shake your bootie grandma". With my joints like they are now I don't do it as much but we still shake our booties most times she is here.

My highest bsl ever was 800+. I was in ketoacidosis and ended up in the hospital on IV insulin. I actually drove myself to the ER in that condition. High bs makes you insane. That was after I'd been diabetic for about 20 yrs. Also, that was when I ended up on insulin. Apparently sometimes your pancreas gives out when you've been type 2 for lots and lots of years.

Meowee - I'm sorry you are having those night-time-lows-blues. Have you ever tried adding protein to your bedtime snack? That sure helped my nighttime lows. Seems like it slowed down the action of the carbs or something. But it may have been just the way my body reacts.

Have a great rest of the day.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #147  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone... was busy today no time to check in,

I made a home made curry tonight, no salt, no sugar, low fat chicken breast, veggies, and brown rice. It turned out pretty good, except I love sweet curries and this was not sweet, also it was not salty. I miss salt in my foods, but I'm getting more used to it.

I made a double batch so I already have dinner for tomorrow

Later tonight I am making homemade spaghetti sauce to freeze in single serve portions - man, I'm turning into Martha Stewart here.

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 06-13-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #148  
Onward and Downward

Thanks for that tip, Soiley . . . I will try that . . .

"It's a good thing" . . . ThinMartha . . .
Old 06-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 230/220/150

Meow everyone!!!

BSL this am: 104

Keeping in mind that I'm still considered to be insulin resistant and not yet diabetic: the highest I've seen so far in my numbers was 250 after a PMS induced chocolate and soda fest. And the lowest occured just the other day (60) when I hadn't anticipated an unusually busy day at work and I forgot my snacks.

Things are going pretty good for me. I finally saw a 3lb drop on the scale this week!!!!

The boys (ages 5 and 2 1/2) are starting to get in trouble so I'll have to cut this short.

Rubs and purrrrrrrrrs for everyone!!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #150  
Onward and Downward

Hi KITTY . . . . . . Good to see you. We missed you. Glad things are going well and congratulations of the SV.

Well, it is that time again . . . time will tell, but I don't think I'll be doing the middle of the night routine tonight. Checked the BGL just before dinner and almost feel off the chair . . . 9.0 (162) . . . then it came to me that i totally forgot to take my 10 am insulin . . . Wow, today has been one senior moment after another.

Anyway . . . here's the food log for the day . . .

S: hard candy; apple
B: protein pancakes and NSA syrup; 2 coffee
S: --
L: 2 cups veggie soup; fudge bar
S: walnuts; tea
D: 2 cups bean salad; romaine; tomato
S: FF/SF yogurt with Splenda and cocoa powder

80 oz / 2500 ml water

Have a good evening . . .
Closed Thread