Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #211  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Sorry meowee - I guess we were posting at the same time.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #212  

Lynn, I was having trouble getting my morning numbers down until I started taking my meds correctly... I take a half of an Amaryl at bedtime. I was taking it after dinner, but that was not doing any good. Once I moved it to bedtime, my morning numbers dropped ten or twenty points. If you are having a hard time getting your numbers down, talk to your doctor. You might need different meds that work differently to take care of it. I take Metformin at breakfast, and dinner, and Byetta at those times as well. Then right before bedtime I take the Amaryl. I find if I check my bg early, it is better too. If I sleep in an extra hour or two, it always goes up! I have read that the liver dumps glucose in the morning to give you the energy to wake up and get moving. Too bad mine overdoes it!
Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 AM   #213  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

It's another day, gang . . . time to get moving and shaking . . . my BGL was 4.7 (85) first thing this morning . . . my very happiest kind of range. Usually means everything just timed out well overnight. I find that the lower (within reason) I am in the morning, the easier it is to keep myself stable throughout the day.

Just about the same weather-wise around here -- cold and dull, but at least it isn't pouring rain. Forecast is calling for a little sun to break through and boy, I hope they are right. I really have to go out today.

Soiley . . . . . . that's a great D:Life article . . . I'm going to put into both the "Tips and Tidbits" Sticky and the "Tips for the Newly Diagnosed" Sticky.

Monet . . . . . . another good point . . . the right meds at the right time can make a world of difference.

Later . . .
Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #214  
Onward and Downward

Almost forgot . . . again . . .

Today's question . . . What is your most prolific source of information on Diabetes . . .

For me . . . books (I am an avid reader and collector of books) , followed by my DEC, followed by 'trustworthy' internet sources.

Later . . .
Old 06-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #215  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning. bsl 102. You're welcome Meowee for the article. I thought it was funny we were once again posting at the same time about the same thing.

My favorite source of information is a magazine that the American Diabetes Association puts out called "Diabetes Forecast". It is chock full of information on all aspects of living with diabetes. If you join the ADA for $28 a year, you get the magazine along with your membership, as well as discounts on all ADA books, events etc. It's big bang for your bucks. Here's a link for anyone interested. www.diabetes.org/DiabetesForecast
I also use the library to check out books that sound interesting, ada internet site, also d-life and some of the meter company sites have a lot of good information. And of course my medical care team.

Everyone stay cool (or warm, as the case may be) today.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning All,
Basics first: 109 bsl am.
Thank you Meowee & Soiley i really wasn't getting it, but now it makes sense. Learn something new everyday
Let see, as to the question of the day... hmmmm diabetes care team and internet. not all the exciting
not much going on for me today.. just gonna work..blah blah blah.. check back with ya'll later
ttfn
Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #217  

Morning everyone.. its beautiful here today.. sunny and warm..my sl was 109 this am.. to answer the question of the day..i would have to say the diabetic class that i took and books..also, but not least all the nice chickies and rooster that post here..yesterday turned out sunny later in the day and we spent it outside making crowns from dandylions..not sure what the day will bring..but for sure(i swear ) some sewing ttfn rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cellphonepics 023.jpg (38.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monet View Post
Lynn, I was having trouble getting my morning numbers down until I started taking my meds correctly... I take a half of an Amaryl at bedtime. I was taking it after dinner, but that was not doing any good. Once I moved it to bedtime, my morning numbers dropped ten or twenty points. If you are having a hard time getting your numbers down, talk to your doctor. You might need different meds that work differently to take care of it. I take Metformin at breakfast, and dinner, and Byetta at those times as well. Then right before bedtime I take the Amaryl. I find if I check my bg early, it is better too. If I sleep in an extra hour or two, it always goes up! I have read that the liver dumps glucose in the morning to give you the energy to wake up and get moving. Too bad mine overdoes it!

Hi Monet,

Thank you for the advice. I will try taking my Januvia at bedtime and see if that does anything. I have an appointment in September (1st appointment I could get!) with an Endocrinologist. Until then, I'm seeing a dietitian and controlling things with eating, the Januvia and exercise. I figure by September, I will have done all I can to deal with things & will have lots of data for the doctor. If need be, I'm sure he will prescribe other/different meds for me then.

My regular GP has been kind of nonchalant about my diabetes. I had to prod him into prescribing meds and glucometer and class. My A1C was 6.5 and then, 7.0 - it was my Cardiologist who pushed me to do something about it.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #219  
Happy New Rears!

Awww, Dandilion crowns, that is adorable

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I havnet been posting much, I am truly feeling poorly past few days, nausea, sore back, sore stomach, just generally blah.

I am going to do a bit of exercise now, I haven't done a thing in 4 days and see if that helps with my back pains. I think I need a good stretch.

I feel like i've gained weight the past few days too probably those crummy cashews (thrown out now)
Old 06-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #220  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all,,have missed coming and posting,,have been reading some tho,,just kinda been in a funk,,,my bs was at 69 this morning,,and just checked it at 1.55pm and is 96,,having some lows and highs,,nothing much has changed there,,,

Work today and the rest of the week,,,weather is nice,,windy but partly sunny and not to hot yet,,

Well just wanted to say howdy,,,have a good day all,,,oh and Rosey loved the picture,,,later,,jeanne
Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #221  
Onward and Downward

Glad to see you JEANNE . . . Sorry to hear you've been feeling funky. think we all get those blue-mood times occasionally. Come visit with us and hopefully we can helpt to prod you out of them.

That is a really sweet picture ROSEY . . . Dandelions really are a pretty little flower. Too bad they always want to be where we humans would rather they weren't.

Aww gee THIN . . . . . . Hope you are soon feeling better.

Good going LYNN . . . . . . You will really be helping the Endo help you by going to your appointment armed with lots of data.

See you later . . .
Old 06-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi,
I finally lost 2 more pounds.
Numbers better if I really watch what I put in my mouth.
My favorite diabetes info is from Diabetes Self-Management magazine. Comes every 2 months. It costs $!8 a year.
www.DiabetesSelfManagement.com.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #223  
Onward and Downward

Hi Carol . . .

Haven't seen you for a bit and we've missed you. Congratulations on the loss.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Meowee, Good to see you too.
I need to stop here more often. I hope i can keep it moving in the right direction.
How are you? Didn't you have some surgeries coming up?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #225  
Onward and Downward

Yes, Carol . . . I finished up with the second eye of cataract surgery at the end of April (great success) and then decided to postpone the hysterectomy -- just could not face anymore for a while -- so it is now rescheduled for September 20. You definitely need to come and visit with us more often.

So another of my Wednesday to Tuesday weeks has gone by, and it was another pretty successful one for me -- food-wise. Here's today's food log . . . followed by the week's averaged nutrient levels.

B: 2 coffee; HF cereal with strawberries and skim milk
S: celery and LF cheese
L: tortilla wrapped soy burger with tomato; skinny cow bar
S: 1 tea, small apple
D: salmon with mango salsa; big salad
S: FF/SF yogurt with strawberries

W: the usual - 80 oz / 2500 ml

Weekly Average ---
Net Calories: 1491
Fat: 45grams / 408 calories / 27%
Net Carbs: 174 grams / 698 calories / 47%
Protein: 96 grams / 385 calories / 26%

Fibre: 42 grams

Have a great fun evening, everybody . . . see you tomorrow . . .
Closed Thread