3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   Dieting with Diabetes - June '07 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/114045-dieting-diabetes-june-07-a.html)

meowee 06-01-2007 08:49 AM

Dieting with Diabetes - June '07

Here we go -- it's another brand new month -- a whole new start for our continuing journey down that long winding path to better health and fitness.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome2: . . . to our new monthly chat thread. Glad you could make it.

If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well as the new chat thread, and to the Diabetes Support forum. Please drop in to the "Getting to Know You" (Sticky) thread to read a little about some of us and to tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be looking forward to seeing less of you, more often, gang ;) . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . keep doing the best you can, as much as you can, and the rewards will follow. :carrot:

Ellen 06-01-2007 11:56 AM

Had my appointment with the new doctor this morning. They drew blood to check my A1c, and thyroid levels. I really liked the doctor. She is young, listens well, and is willing to work with me on the diabetes and thyroid issues. Her philosophy on the thyroid issues is the same as mine, so we will get along well. :)

My bg was 114 this morning. That is four mornings in a row of good readings. I feel so relieved!

I hope June is a great month for everyone! :grouphug:

Mickey79sf 06-01-2007 01:41 PM

Morning all.
sorry i have been awol lately :) but im back now.. basics first 130 bsl this am. not suprising with what i ate last nite and i haven't been working out the last few days either. but june is a new month and i can start my new work out. i sorta failed on the smoking bit though lol tom is not the best time to try and quit. but that is just about over and if u fall of the horse yada yada yada. hope everyone is doing ok and i will check back in a lil later
ttfn
:carrot:

soiley 06-01-2007 02:20 PM

Happy June all. BG was, well I'll just say very high. Fell asleep in the chair last night, woke up about 2am and stumbled into bed, and never took any of my night-time meds. A big :nono:. Sun is shining brightly here - will be very bright by afternoon, forecasted high is 105 degrees. (I love my cooler.) Summer has decidedly shown up. Today is cleaning & laundry day, preparing for weekend company. Hope everyone has a lovely day, and great weekend.

meowee 06-01-2007 03:26 PM

Glad to see you found the new thread, gang . . . :hug:

Well, not only is it June; it's almost the weekend as well. For those of you still working,especially, that's usually a time to try to catch up on a little sleep but sometimes ends up being a time when we get even less sleep because we are trying to cram so much stuff into such a short period. Here's a D:Life article about how important sleep is to a Diabetic . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...lts/sleep.html . . .a bit of an eye-opener in some ways -- or maybe we should try to make that an 'eye-closer' :)

My BGL was down quite a bit from yesterday's nasty number -- 5.8/105 this morning. Could be connected to better eating yesterday . . . a total of 1600 calories instead of the 2700 I inhaled on Wednesday. :o As usual, no junk food; just was too much good food. This are progressing OP today too. Just hope it continues. :^:

Have a great afternoon and evening, all you 'sweet-ones'. Keep things moving and shaking just as much as you can and here's some :dust: to help us all keep heading in the right direction. See you soon . . . :carrot:

Mickey79sf 06-01-2007 06:34 PM

Meowee: that was an interesting article! according to that i shouldn't be a diabetic and weigh about 130lbs because i freakin hibernate LOL. My room mate knows that waking me up before its time brings out the red queen "off with their heads!" Sleep is one of my fav things in the world to do, don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol thanks for the article again :)

KKitty 06-01-2007 06:56 PM

I'm still here. been busy surfing "diet" sites and gaining useful information on my trek to a healthier me. Blood sugar levels have been pretty close to 110 in the mornings all week and fall nicely to the mid 90's by mid afternoon. I'm finally starting to feel well with that. Until they fall into the 80's. :dizzy: My goal is to eventually get off the meds and into a size 10. Hopefully by this time next year, but I'm realistic enough to take what I can get..

My boys (ages 2 1/2 and 5) are loving my new healthy eating habits. I have to fight them for the raw broccoli and any fresh fruits.:carrot: And hubby is pretty much following along just as long as I make sure to keep some of his favorite foods on the menu. (mac & cheese, grilled cheese and tomato soup) So what I've been doing is subing healthier versions (lower fat cheeses, whole grain noodles and bread).

Now that I'm getting my diet in order, I just need to do the same with my house.:o

akrosey49 06-01-2007 08:13 PM

Hi everyone.. its been a busy day..my sl was 105 this am.. my dh burned up the generator at the cabin so we went shopping for a new one..he took me to lunch and then we went to the green house and got some more plants for my deck planters( mostly petunias and marigolds) becuz of our short growing season we get the plants allready blooming or close to it..i didnt plan on doing any planting this year but those empty flower pots looked to sad..so tomorrow i will be gardening:D .. yesterday we saw a black bear in my neighbors yard about a block from my house..and this morning there was a cow moose sleeping in my rose bushes..ive seen lots of moose but havent seen a bear in yrs..it was exciting as my grdd had never seen a wild one..(((hugs))) for all and hope u all have a great weelkend with nice low sl for us all..rosey :wave:

elainemd 06-02-2007 01:23 AM

Saying hello from a new gal. I just joined the forum tonight, and have found some wonderful information here. I'm struggling to lose weight, and I do mean struggling. I've been losing weight, but it has been soooo very slow, and I'm really wanting to 'goose' it up. I plan on reading alot around here, looking for good advice.

meowee 06-02-2007 07:48 AM

Good Morning, sugar-babies . . . :hug:

Sun is trying to shine again this morning and temperatures are supposed to be 'seasonal' again today -- around 21C/70F. Daylight comes so early these days, I've been getting up about 5:30 and then, of course, I want a nap mid-afternoon.:o

BGL was pretty good again at 5.7/103 this am and I just finished a lovely breakfast of oatmeal with apple and cinnamon.

These kittens are such fun . . . wow they just go and go and go and then suddenly they are all asleep in a heap for a few hours . . . then everything starts over again. :D They drive the old guys (Jazz and Mouse) crazy, but Purrecious (AKA - Squirrel Girl) does her very best to keep up with them. Don't see much of a change in Jazz since his insulin was doubled, but it has only been 3 days so hopefully good stuff is yet to come.

MICKEY . . . :lol: I know what you mean. I like my sleep too . . . trouble is I don't seem to be able to get beyond three hours at a stretch. Luckily (since I'm retired) I can take naps. I'm sure it does your body a lot more good if you get it in one big block. :dizzy:

ROSEY . . . :hug: Congratulations on another good BGL. Have fun with the gardening. If you want a bit longer season, come on down to my place (although this year is a little 'iffy'). :)

KITTY . . . :) Glad to hear from you and glad to hear things are going well. Wow, I wonder if your DH is a long-lost son I didn't know I had . . . I love tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, too . . . :drool:

ELAINE. . . :welcome2: to the group and :wel3fc: as well. I know you will love it around here and we will all be looking forward to getting to know you better as we travel down the long winding road to better health and fitness together. Read your comments in "Getting to Know You" and will go read your "Introduction" entry as soon as I finish here -- hope you will expand on the Getting to Know You information when you get a chance.

Anyway, gang . . . here is a very informative article on Kidney Disease for today's extra reading assignment ;) and a long list of other diabetes-related topics from Harvard Medical School . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...470f8199d4&p=1

Have a good day moving and shaking and doing the good stuff just as much as you possibly can . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx 06-02-2007 08:12 AM

Good morning! Too much is happening lately so I've not been checking in. My weight is still 204 - three weeks of kitchen chaos meant I ate out a lot! On the other hand, I've been moving more with visits to the fitness centre and gardening - all positive stuff. Maybe this will be the month I get back into ONEderland.

BGL has been excellent - 4 to 6 range. (That's 72 to 108 for non-metric types.) My HA1C was just 6 in my January test and I'm hoping to improve it even more when I get tested again the end of June.

Here's a website my friend Linda sent me. I like the meal plan aspect of it.

meowee 06-02-2007 08:19 AM

Oh wow RUTH . . . once again, your Linda in BC and I are strangley in the same place . . . my link in the post above yours is to another section of that same web-site.

PS for everybody else . . . the Linda that Ruth referred to and this Linda (me) are exactly the same age (we share a birthday, and a name, and we are both Canadians) and it keeps getting weirder all the time) :dizzy:

Penney 06-02-2007 08:23 AM

Hi everyone - - - -

Sorry I have been MIA -

This has been the week from Hades...:devil: :devil: :devil:

I bgl have been so so......last night I had some tortilla chips attack me - - - needless to say I woke up to 143 as my number this morning. I did not eat that many - but I think between the stress, missing my work out, the stess and being forced to eat tortilla chips at 1030 pm and oh yeah the stress.

Anyway - hopefully today will be the end of it and I will be back to participating.

Take care everyone!

KKitty 06-02-2007 03:00 PM

ahh the weekend.... blood sugar this morning was 114 not bad for me.

I have been so wanting to try something new and even though I was on a fairly tight grocery budget, I've manage to squeeze 3 new recipes into the weekend. I'll post the ones that turned out really well in the recipes sticky.

I think I was starting to stagnate with my food choices. Who knew, variety really is the spice of life....
:broc: :carrot: :cb:

akrosey49 06-02-2007 03:30 PM

Morning everyone..welcome to the newbies and hello to all..my sl was 134 this am and the reason being is i totaly blew my diet yesterday..it started with a weigh in and i was frustrated as even tho i had been doing what i was suppose to the scale has not budged for a week and 1/2..so what does a food addict do:mad: ate lunch out, chinese, then last night had cookies and chips and hotdogs with the works etc etc..im so mad at myself..but today its a new day.. we all get a fresh start every morning and make it work for us..hope you all are enjoying your weekend((((hugs))) rosey :wave: