Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #61  
South Beacher

Height: 4'10

Hi everyone! I am new to this board. I am a 31yo SAHM to one baby boy. I was diagnosed T2 at the end of March. I saw a nutrionist but, as usual, I didn't stick with it. I have finally made up my mind and I want to do this.

Mr dr said my BS were really good except now, my cholesterol is high also. I also have Hypothyroidism and Kidney problems (not from the diabtes-had them before). I really need some support. If anybody has any helpful information please, pass it my way! I am also looking for easy recipes for me and my family. I don't have alot of time to cook with a toddler but, I know that I am going to have to make time. Anyway, sorry to ramble.

I am so glad that I found this forum. I think it will help alot!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #62  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi NELLA . . .

Just sent you a PM with a link to this thread . . . glad to see you've already found it.

Take a look at the STICKY items at the top of the forum . . . lots of helpful hints in there. Also hope you'll be visiting with us regularly, Chickie. It really helps to be able to chat with others that really know what you are going through.

Have a great day . . . see you later . . .
Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #63  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Nella! welcome to the forum, I am a new member as well, just recently diagnosed with Type 2

COngrats on your baby boy, and I must say hats off to you as I struggle without a baby in the house, you must be exhausted.

Hi everyone Just came back from the doctors, my fasting BG is 8.2 or 147 in US Talk. and my A1c was 7.1/127 which is very good, last time it was over 8.

My cholestrol, iron, calcium,liver enzymes, white blood count - everything was great. He says I am doing super on my new diet. The Dietitian has really helped me a lot - it's like I'm not alone anymore, it's a team effort. I feel the same about finding this forum, it's great to have a place to chat and vent. Nella, you will find being able to post your feeling somewhere will help your stress levels.

Have a nice evening everyone!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Nella!
The best advice i can give you is post here on a regular basis. This is a great group of gals and it helps so much to vent, chat, laugh, cry, or whatever u need to do. I also find posting my bsl every morning holds me accountable for what i eat the night before lol i hate posting a high sugar level because i over ate or ate something i knew better than to eat. but once again, welcome and can't wait to get to know ya
ttfn
Old 06-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #65  
Onward and Downward

Hi MICKEY . . .

Yippee THIN . . .

BTW . . . we all use the same scale for A1C. It is a reflection of the percentage of glucose in your blood over the past 90 days; and, well, a percentage is a percentage ; no matter what measurement scale you are using. As a matter of interest, it is kind of like having an average of everything; all the preprandial and postprandial levels; at every possible moment throughout the entire 90 day period.

Okay . . . Diabetes 101 lecture is over for today . . . Have a great moving and shaking evening, everybody . . . see you soon . . .
Old 06-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #66  
South Beacher

Height: 4'10

Thankyou all for the warm welcome!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Welcome Nellagirl

I'm new here also. There is a wealth of information up in the Sticky notes.

Nice to meet you.

Lynn
Old 06-07-2007, 07:00 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Yesterday I wrote,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
The good news is that my scale read 171.6 this morning - down from 173.8 yesterday! The bad news is that my glucometer read 134 this morning.
Today - The good news is that my glucometer read 134 this morning - down from 134 yesterday. The bad news is that my scale read 172.8 this morning - up from 171.6 yesterday!

I think the BS reading was lower this morning because I took my Januvia late last evening instead of in the morning when I generally take it. I think the wt. was up this morning because I ate 2 meals out yesterday - lots of fat and salt.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

Lynn
Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #69  
Happy New Rears!

Good morning everyone, 8.5 BG (153) this morning, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday
Old 06-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #70  
Onward and Downward

Morning all . . .

Today it is cold and raining . . . yesterday was gorgeous . . . guess that was summer and now it's over again . . . Not all bad . . . BGL was a happy 5.0 (90) this morning. Definitely not all bad . . . my friend LouLou dropped in for and told me she won a dozen lobster in a draw and is going to give a couple of them to me . . . lobster and asparagus for dinner tonight. Yay . . . doesn't get much better than that.

Hey LYNN . . . . . . Think you've got a little typo in there, Chickie?????

Hi THIN . . . . . . Hang in there, kiddo. things will improve again.

Keep things moving and shaking everybody . . . see you soon . . .
Old 06-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #71  
Happy New Rears!

Wow, I love lobster, yummy dinner. Enjoy every bite!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #72  
creations

Wecome newbies!
Never had lobster.
Just back from my stresstest. My dr will have the results tomorrow. From what I could see it looked normal. But who knows.
Still stuck at the same weight. Had to quit WW,couldn't afford it anymore.

Judy
Old 06-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning All,
Basics first 112 this am for bsl. scale 194 still up those two pounds, but im not changing my tracker LOL i'll only change it when it goes down lol gonna start working out again tonite, i went to bed super early last nite after dr. phil. anyone see that btw, it was about a binge eater and her weight taking over her life. it was really interesting. i read something else that was interesting regarding the show the biggest loser. they had an article about it in time magazine and the stuff they do on that show was insane! what made me mad was that the show kinda screws up the average dieters head into thinking why aren't they losing like that or even half that good, but u don't see that they are dehydrating them, putting them on a 500 cal or so diets and working out like 8 hours + a day. heres the link if u are interested. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...627013,00.html

well i think thats all for now. for all of ya and a have good day.
ttfn
Old 06-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #74  

Morning everyone.. sl was 110 this am.. its cloudy today.. the flowers didnt get planted yesterday but the house got clean..have to run errands today..the scale still isnt moving and im so frustrated..i wanted to drown myself in a bag of chocolate good thing i didnt have any..im hanging there tho.. one step at a time..have agreat day everyone ((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #75  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone, tomorrow is Friday!

I was curious, I have more trouble sticking to my routine on weekends, it seems to present some food challenges to me How about you?

creations, what was your stress test like? did you have to run on a treadmill or something?

Have a great evening everyone
Closed Thread