Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 05:47 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hello all!
Two days in a row of 156.4, so I will count it as "official." My personal mini goal for now is to get to 154, just so I can say 110 pounds!
Old 03-02-2023, 01:06 PM   #77  
Meanderer

L&Ls Mom! We are so similar! I like even numbers in tens also. I use that method in my calorie logs and money transfers. At your height I bet you look gorgeous already!!!

I hope everyone is having a super week!

Last edited by KStrong; 03-20-2023 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-06-2023, 06:29 AM   #78  

It's been a busy past few days and as always the ping pong of my weight continues. The good thing is I am better equipped to expect it. After posting my recent low it went up .8 the next day, stayed the same the day after, and then dropped.again. It dropped even further to a new low yesterday, but today I am up again. LOL So today it was 156.8.

I have another story of family saying they wouldn't recognize me... I was at a 7-11 this weekend and as I was paying I look back and see my aunt walking up to the register. I haven't seen her since I started losing weight. (She knew I was losing because my mom has told her on the phone). I saw her and said "hi Aunt Pat" to her and she was so surprised! She said my uncle was out in the car so I walked out to see him. He hugged me and said he "didn't think he would have recognized me if I just walked by." It's sweet but also a great reminder of how far I've come in 2 1/2 years.

KStrong 15 pounds AND all those inches is pretty amazing! "Weigh" to go!

How are you Wannabehealthy and MrBadger? Hope all is well with you both.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:38 PM   #79  
Meanderer

L&Ls Mom - for the scale and non-scale victories! I know you felt proud getting the kudos from others, too.

Wishing all is well for everyone!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2023, 07:27 AM   #80  

Today I am 157.2, up a bit from the last time I posted. I could post my weight every day and it would be a boring snooze fest at this point. It truly does swing up and down daily. Sometimes it can be up an entire pound in a day even with calories being in check. I keep saying it in case others are reading this. It's normal for it to go up and down daily due to how much fiber you had recently, how many carby foods, how much extra sodium for water retention, etc...A few days ago it went up a pound two days in a row and now it's back to my recent normal range. We did have Mod Pizza the other day and enjoyed it. Yum! Haven't eaten out in forever it seems!

KStrong Thank you! It was pretty awesome to get their reactions! We sort of forget about it when the new lower weight is normal to us. I love the phrase "seasonal arch nemesis." My downfall used to be the Cadbury Eggs. When my daughter asked me to go vegan I have pretty much given them up. If I did have one I would probably just buy one vs the 3 pack I'd get in the past. Now I'd just count the 200 calories and add it in the calorie log if I wanted it vs saying "I can't have this."
Old 03-11-2023, 12:31 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

On Sunday, the 5th I think, DH lost his wallet. We think it fell out of the car when he opened the door trying to reach the screen of the ATM. This is the first time for either of us having to replace all the cards. It has been a week long nightmare. There has been a glitch with everything. There was no cash in it. I'm surprised and disappointed that at least the cards were not returned. Like drivers license. I'm honest, so I expect others to be also. I locked his credit card as soon as we realised it was missing, and there's been no activity on our bank account but I'm concerned about identity theft. I'm too old for this!

My weight is still bouncing 180-182. I just can't seem to stay on plan well enough to get back into the 170s. I want to be like BOTH of you when I grow up, if ever.

I love daylight savings time!

Old 03-13-2023, 07:35 PM   #82  

No updates for me, just the normal up and down the same pound...you two are too cute "being like me when you grow up."

Wannabealthy I am so sorry you had to deal with that. I can't imagine the stress and anxiety of it all! I know you can freeze your credit with all the credit bureaus so nobody can apply for credit in your name. That might be worth looking into.
KStrong I am definitely not smarter than you! I guess I am just semi obsessed with "if the calories are worth it." I am focused on feeling full or satisfied. I try to eat higher fiber so I won't ever feel too hungry before I eat again. But yes, back in the day I would truly chow down on some Cadbury Eggs. The three pack wouldn't last long for sure. Every once in a while now I might have a treat. My daughter will say "live a little mom."
PS We have big news in Virginia...we are getting a Buc ee's! Not until 2027 but it's all the buzz on social media.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:41 AM   #83  
Meanderer

Sending this from my phone so hoping it makes sense. Auto correct is killing me

Carol - I feel you on worrying about identity theft and online and bank security, too.

L&Ls Mom - I agree with your daughter about living a little. The trick is the little part. Your body is more adapted to higher calories so you don't get those huge bumps like I do

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:22 PM   #84  
Meanderer

We have some terrible weather rolling in so I wanted to wish everyone

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY

Last edited by KStrong; 03-16-2023 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:12 AM   #85  

Happy St Patrick's Day from me as well! Is everyone wearing their green? I remember being in school wearing green to avoid being pinched. My weight is hanging in the 156-158 range...up and down the same pound or two. Today it's 158.4. Yesterday 156.6, up and down slightly or quite a bit but always in this range. I am really OK with it but still would like to see 154 eventually.

KStrong I bet the woman in that book was so frustrated to get her metabolism back to a normal range, a year must have felt like forever! I'm sorry you are dealing with it too! And yes the Buc-ee's is the first one for Virginia. Our closest one is South Carolina.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 03-18-2023, 09:48 AM   #86  
Meanderer

Happy weekend all!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:30 PM   #87  

KStrong Hugs to you! I think the drivers license is a good incentive to try a bit harder or at least to keep you focused. I am impressed that you give the correct weight. I bet a lot of people lie about theirs.
Old 03-21-2023, 02:11 PM   #88  
Meanderer

Thanks L&Ls Mom!

Have a great week!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:50 AM   #89  

I have a good update! My weight has been in the 155's for three days in a row (155.4 or 155.6). I was going to post it today that it was 155.whatever and today it dropped to 154.4! This will probably bounce up again tomorrow but I have to post it while it lasts!
KStrong No I haven't seen Siete Foods or the Better Body brand here, you might be right that it's more of a regional thing. Yes I am vegan so I don't eat eggs or food with eggs in it. I was vegetarian for over 20 years. My daughter was the one who challenged me to go full vegan in 2021. Even when I was just vegetarian I never ate eggs. I might have had foods with egg in it (like say a cake), but now I really don't. That's great about the medium sweats!
In Virginia we don't have our weights on our drivers license. Thank God! I can't imagine being the clerk at the DMV having to ask people if that weight is accurate. I wonder how many people go off on them about it.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:29 AM   #90  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR AWESOMENESS!!!

Wow, no weights on the driver's license sounds totally fab!!!

Last edited by KStrong; 04-11-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Closed Thread