Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 11:05 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome back, Running Redhead! I have a habit of disappearing, too, usually when things (weight loss) aren't favorable. I want to hide. But this is when we need this group the most. I would love to try Diet Bet but I don't trust myself to follow through. My DIL has done it area times. Good luck reaching your goals.

When I had my open heart surgery it was a shock to me. It was my first time in the hospital. I didn't mess around, went right for the big one. 3 years later my bowel perforated (from diverticulitis) and I had to have surgery with a colostomy bag, which was reversed 6 months later. Believe me, that was a very hard surgery and made open heart surgery look like a walk in the park! You younger girls are smart to work on getting healthy now before things like this happen.

​​​​​​
Old 06-07-2023, 09:30 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Wannabehealthy I love the way you write things saying you don't mess around and go right for the big one! Yes, I think you are right! I can't imagine having the colostomy bag surgery and then having it reversed as well! Thank God you were able to have it reversed. I can imagine the quality of life dealing with that was pretty awful. I also agree that most of us disappear on the site when things aren't going well weight loss wise. We all want to be able to post losses, but that isn't always going to be the case.

I am still at 152.6. In the spirit of posting the good and the bad, yesterday I was lower (again like the last time I posted) but then yesterday I did have 2000 calories so of course it went back up. Wednesday is my scheduled day off at work so I plan on getting a lot of activity in today. On a positive note I had a "hey skinny" from my father in law yesterday. Me skinny? LOL I know I am not skinny but compared to 3 years ago I am a new me (size 24 jeans to lose size 12's).

Hang in there everyone, you are worth it!
Old 06-12-2023, 10:13 AM   #153  
Meanderer

Hi everyone! I'm having eye issues and haven't been online along with limiting all of my reading. I hope everyone is doing fantastic and has a great week!

I know we have a birthday girl this week so I wanted to get in here for a special message to our Queen of Her Royal Badness - L&L's Mom -
Happy Birthday this Friday!!! I hope your birthday week is fantastic, just like you!!!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:36 AM   #154  

KStrong, I don't know,when your birthday was but Happy Birthday! And you too, L&Lsmom!

I have been trying very hard to watch my carbs because I went for lab work this morning. I will get results in a,couple days. Afterwards I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast at Bob Evans then came home and had cheesecake for lunch. For dinner I'm having Chinese with white rice, then back to low carb tomorrow. I was 178 on the scale this morning. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday and hope to stay in the 170s for that.

My next weight goal will be 175. Small increments work best for me. I donated all my size 14 pants and am now wearing the new size 12s. I've been buying them when I see them on sale or clearance, knowing I would be needing them.

Old 06-15-2023, 07:13 AM   #155  

KStrong "Queen of Her Royal Badness" made me laugh!! Thanks!!

It sounds like you had a great birthday yourself! Mine will be busy if nothing else. Olivia's graduation is Saturday and her grad party is Sunday along with Father's Day. My nephew also graduated HS this week and his party is Saturday. Again, I am used to sharing my birthdays with graduations, weddings, father's day, etc...half the time it seems. I am sorry you are having eye issues!

Wannabehealthy Thank you for the birthday wishes! I hope you have good news from your doctor. I do the same thing with my clothes when they are too big, I've been donating them vs. keeping them and think what if I gain it back? Most of my clothes were my mom's bigger clothes before she lost and she had LOTS of great clothes, but too big is too big. Out they go!

I don't have much to report really. Today I was 153.0. Up .4 since a week ago. Of course this varies daily. One day to the next can be a pound or more as we all know.
Old 06-19-2023, 08:34 AM   #156  
Meanderer

Happy New Week!

Carol - I hope all went well with the labs!

L&Ls Mom - I hope you had a wonderful birthday even with so much going on! I know you are a proud mama with your new graduate. Yay on the 153! That sounds so lovely to me!!!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2023, 11:06 AM   #157  

My weight is down to 177 today. I dont understand the appetite changes. Many many favorite foods no longer appeal to me. I used to be a Foodie Compulsive Overeater. Don't get me wrong, I dont want that to come back! I just don't understand. When I eat, I eat much less than I used to. I'm taking half of my diabetes meds. I look at some foods and think "Thats not going to taste as good as I remember so not worth it!"

Clothes. At 217 my clothes fit like sausage casings. I refused to buy a bigger size. If I bought something and it was tight I packed it away for when I lose,weight. So those clothes still fit as I started losing, and I had tons of clothes to shop from as I lost. When I got rid of those bigger clothes they were pretty worn out from wearing them for so long. Donating is a new concept for me. I lose VERY slowly. For me, that means I don't regain. Just fluctuate 5 pounds or so.

Yesterday my 14 year old grandson found and brought out my digital scale. Everyone tried it out. It was interesting to see what everyone weighed. The biggest shock was my menopausal step daughter. She was always thin but is now up to 167. All around the midsection. That's like me, but she's not my child. Her father is and grandmother was built like that. Her mother was 100 lbs. I guess she learned her way of eating from living with us growing up. I want to weigh what my grandson weighs. 137.
Old 06-21-2023, 08:29 PM   #158  

Hi all! It has been one crazy June! We jokingly call June "bad June" since it's so busy. We have our anniversary, a lot of June family birthdays, Fathers Day AND the graduation and grad parties this year. I am looking forward to things calming down soon. I keep reminding myself it might be crazy but we are blessed to have both sets of parents. How many teenagers who have older parents have all four grandparents actually at their HS graduation?

When posting pics of us with Olivia at her graduation on facebook, I got a lot of attention from people not realizing I had lost weight. That was nice getting these messages and reactions. (I am not one to go on fb and post my weight loss along the way like some might).

Wannabehealthy You might want to bring up the appetite issues to your doctor. I wonder if it's just a normal part of aging? With the family all getting on the scale, that is amazing! I know at my previous weight you wouldn't catch me joining in on something like that!

Do you know anything about the website having issues with loading pictures or profile pics? I tried a few times and gave up. I saw someone post they were having issues too.

KStrong I can't get over the 118 heat index!! That is crazy!! Good job on the waist measurement going down. That made me think of my stomach. I wish I could get a tummy tuck just to tighten up my loose skin. I know it wouldn't change the waist measurement but it wouldn't look like a deflated balloon.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:11 AM   #159  
Meanderer

Happy New Week!

L&L's Mom - You are right that you are blessed to have all of the grands still around. I lost most of mine at a young age, but my mom (had me late in life) lived into her 90s.

Carol - Congrats on the 177! I think as we get older that our appetites do decrease. I know that happened with my mother.

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2023, 08:00 PM   #160  

It's been a week since I last posted with basically nothing to report. My weight today was 153.0. It did go up since my last post, but I am glad to report it's back to 153. It went up because I had the lower fiber, higher calorie and sodium days. I had to reel myself back in to more normal eating and my body responded well! My goal is still to be 150 by December 31st. Of course that sounds like nothing ((3 pounds)) but these pounds will be hard won and then I have to keep those suckers off!

KStrong God bless you all in those temps!! Wow!! For me right now it's 77 degrees. (I know you don't want to hear that). It does get hot here in the summer and gets humid, but it's been a super strange spring and now summer. I am sorry to hear you lost your grands at a young age, but that is awesome your mom lived to be in her 90's! That's good news for you too! (longevity). Good luck with your behaving, I know it's not easy to always be watching the calories, etc...

I hope everyone else checks in soon, checking in helps keep us on the right track!
Old 07-02-2023, 12:41 PM   #161  
Meanderer

Happy New Month and Happy Independence weekend also!

L&Ls Mom - You are doing awesome! Congrats on staying in the low 50s! That deserves extra extra kudos after surviving your eventful June. I know you will hit your EOY goal. Believe me I know how hard even maintaining is at this stage much less losing full pounds.

Last edited by KStrong; 07-20-2023 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-08-2023, 08:27 AM   #162  

Good morning, I am shocked to report this morning the scale dropped over two pounds and I was 150.0!! The past few days I have been 152.2 and 152.4, but to go down over two whole pounds in one day is shocking. I had to get on and off the scale three times to believe it. LOL I know it won't stay long and tomorrow it could be up a pound or more, especially because we are going out to eat this afternoon meeting with my parents and my son. We hardly ever eat out at all so this will be a real treat for us.

KStrong Thanks for your encouragement, I truly do appreciate it! I think you are right, the waist staying the same is a win. It seems the waist is the easiest place to gain inches and the hardest to lose (at least for me it seems to be the case). I am still impressed with your exercise! Even your most slacker exercise weeks whip my non exercising self.

Please check in Wannabehealthy, MrBadger and RunningRedHead! I hope all is well with everyone. Well, today I have a Saturday off for once so I will try to make it productive!
Old 07-08-2023, 09:16 AM   #163  
Meanderer

L&Ls Mom -

I bet you feel marvelous! I'm so happy for you! I hope you have a nice meal out as you deserve it. I haven't eaten out in years so I'll live vicariously through you. I'm sure any uptick will be water due to restaurants seasonings.
​​​​​​

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by KStrong; 11-29-2023 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2023, 12:18 PM   #164  
Believe

Height: 5'3"

Hi All.
I am back here. i had problems with logging in and my password. I think I have that all figured out now. I have kept gaining and losing the same 10 pounds. Emotional eating does not work for me. I found a new dietitian who explained to me that I have a skewed view about foods. It is making sense to me and I need to check in on 3FC to make myself accountable. I hope it is okay to post here.
Congrats to Loganandlivsmom. You are doing very well.
Hello to everyone.
Have a great day.
Ann
Old 07-09-2023, 07:19 PM   #165  

AnnC123 It is definitely OK for you to post here! The more the merrier is my motto. Some do come and go, but I do know logging in here does seem to help me. Like you said, it makes us accountable and it helps me get my weight loss thoughts out and share with others going through similar situations. Sort of like therapy really. Thanks for the congrats! It has been almost three full years (this August-September is 3 years). Slowly and surely the pounds have been coming off. I am vegan, but really to lose weight I just count calories and write everything down I eat.

KStrong You are so sweet with all your cheers! I had to think when did we last go to a restaurant and it was the end of January when my parents had a timeshare they stayed at in Virginia Beach for the week (very nearby but they had the oceanfront view). I guess I think people eat out a lot due to my daughter working at an Olive Garden and seeing my friends social media posts all the time when they go out. I am glad you will continue to behave! We basically have no choice but to behave. Once we reach our goal we have to keep doing the same to keep it off.

I knew the scale would go up again and it did. I was 151.6. I just tell myself 150 is my new low and I will see it back within the next week or so. I did a ton of walking today so that should help too.
Closed Thread