Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 06:48 AM   #121  
Meanderer

Hey Carol, hope you are well!

L&Ls Mom - I'm sure your body is still adjusting to the new smaller you.

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:42 AM   #122  
Meanderer

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week!!!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:19 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

KStrong You truly crack me up! Your honesty is amazing! You say probably what many people think like "I wish I didn't get excited about food and adult beverages" , a "numbers (and cheap) person" and the drivers license picture. It's funny how now I see myself in pictures and think who is this older woman? LOL Thanks for the words of wisdom, it does help.

So recently I was as high as 158. It kept going up and up I think due to having 2000 calories vs 1600 and more carby and less fiber filled foods. The good news is I am back down again. Today I was 155.4 Yay! We have a busy month or so coming up. My daughter's dance recital is on Mother's Day (actually she is in two separate recitals on the same day). Then it's her high school graduation and planning her graduation party, etc...Wish me luck getting through all this!
Old 04-29-2023, 06:44 AM   #124  
Meanderer

L&Ls Mom - Best of luck with your upcoming busy month! I like that you can go up and up while staying at a very respectable high of 158, but congrats on getting back down again. You are rocking this new you!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2023, 09:49 PM   #125  

KStrong Thanks for your congrats! Your TMI is fine with me. You paint quite the mental picture of what was going on in your mind and how you handled these pictures. You get two gold stars for putting the chips back and for doing well with the cheese! Did I ever tell you cheese is what holds most vegetarians back from going vegan? It's true, you hear it over and over in vegan groups. It was true for me as well honestly. There is a chemical in cheese that makes it addictive called casein. So now you know there is a reason for the cheese love. I have managed to get back down to 154, so once again back to the wonderful 110 pounds lost. I was thinking today how someone who doesn't count their calories could easily gain one pound in a month just by having an extra measly 100 calories a day. In a year that would be 12 pounds! This made me realize I really will have to keep tracking my calories even when I get to my goal.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:39 PM   #126  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom -
I didn't know that about vegans or habitual properties and cheese, but it is understandable.

I like it when a new month starts on Monday!
Have a great month everyone!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:58 AM   #127  

Good morning all!

I don't know why or how I made my last post font so BIG, but I didn't want to delete and do it again. I am just checking in with of course not much to report...it's been a few days and today I was 154.6. I was thinking that with the upcoming recitals, graduation and parties etc...there will be a lot of pictures taken. I am so glad I won't have to try to stand behind someone or artfully try to pose to look smaller. I know those tactics only did some good and doesn't really fool anyone!

Where is everyone? Checking in does seem to help keep me focused on my weight loss goals, please check in from time to time!
Old 05-03-2023, 11:09 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 267 / 195 / 175

Height: 5'10"

good afternoon all. I have been AWOL from the thread for a little while, but have been making progress. I have just snuck under the 15 stone / 30 BMI milestone so I'm "only" overweight rather than obese now. I have even been out in public in 36" jeans, which are still a <little> snug, but the 38" are just stupidly large now. yay me.

hope everyone is doing well.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:48 PM   #129  

I had to jump back on today to say "weigh to go" to MrBadger!!
It really is quite the milestone to no longer be obese. I remember joking about that when I was getting close to that goal. It sounded funny to say my goal was to be overweight. Congrats also on getting into the 36's. Keep up the good work and before you know it you will be in the healthy weight range.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:09 AM   #130  
Meanderer

Mr Badger on your new milestone! Great job!!!

L&L's Mom - I noticed the font, but with my eyes, I was happy to see how easy it was to read. I am happy that you are happy about the upcoming photo taking.

Have a Great Weekend everyone!!!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2023, 07:44 AM   #131  

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Just checking in to say the scale is moving on down...I have reached a new low. Yesterday it was 152.8 which got me below 153 which was exciting! Today it was 152.6 so maybe this lower weight is sticking around?! So officially I am at 111.4 down. There is something exciting even getting just one more pound down. I know these last few pounds that I want to lose will be hard won and take forever to achieve.

KStrong With pictures I remember when my step daughter was a teen she'd post pictures on facebook and I would always ask her to crop me in pics (like show my upper body vs whole body). It will be nice to not have to worry about that or even think about it. Yes I do agree skin issues can be a thing though. I have learned to buy 3/4 sleeve shirts to hide the arms. I guess that will be the big issue. I remember wearing make up when I was younger to look cute and now it's to look awake and less old. LOL

Congrats on the four months on plan! Even with your planned partying this weekend, I know you will bounce back on plan again after it's over.

No partying for us this weekend...we are going to https://godlovesyoutour.com/ Saturday night. It will be at an outdoor arena. Preaching and contemporary Christian singers. I know this will be good for my soul. I am looking forward to it!

Have a good weekend everyone! Wannabehealthy and RunningRedHead please check in with us soon!
Old 05-07-2023, 06:30 AM   #132  
Meanderer

L&Ls Mom!
Old 05-08-2023, 07:42 AM   #133  

Well, it was good while it lasted. Yesterday I jumped up to 154.4 and today it was the same. I didn't have a weekend full of eating either, just basically keeping it 1900 or so...it's crazy how it can jump almost two pounds in a day! I know not to let it get me down. I now just think of 152's as my recent low and it will be there again soon enough once everything processes internally. I am planning to stay more on plan during this week because this coming weekend is the dance recital rehearsals (Saturday) and the recitals (Sunday). It's harder to stay on plan when you are gone all weekend so hopefully I will do extra good this week ahead with that in mind. Wish me luck!
Old 05-09-2023, 09:33 AM   #134  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - Great Attitude! I'm sure you'll do fantastic and do not need any luck!!! But, I'll send you some positive vibes just in case.

Have a great one all!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2023, 07:59 AM   #135  

Good morning, it's been five days and today I am exactly the same weight as I was on the 8th...154.4. I have to admit my calories have been 1800 or 1900 and not "on plan." For me that would mean to be 1400-1600 if I want to actually lose. The rehearsals are today and it takes up a big part of the day. I am bringing bars with me that have low calories and a good amount of fiber. I figure that's better than getting vending machine food or concession stand food. For inspiration I went back to last year's thread. At this time last year I was 183, so basically 29 pounds more than I am now. That kind of thing keeps me going!

KStrong I'm glad the license came and that you like the picture and there is no weight listed. I don't know how long ours have been black and white, but they are as well. I guess I haven't thought about it? Try to enjoy your off plan time. Does this mean your birthday is soon? Mine is in June. I will be 55. Why does that sound so much older than 54? LOL

Have a good weekend everyone!
Closed Thread