Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 04:52 AM   #166  
Believe

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. I look forward to seeing posts from everyone and getting to know you all. I couldn't find this site again.
Yesterday I walked and it was not as humid as it has been so I felt like I could walk further. Has anyone had a problem with shoes being okay and all of a sudden they seem to have stretched out and are causing blisters? I am not sure if it is the type of shoe I have or something else.
I fell asleep early and woke up early and thought it would be good to post as I get busy doing stuff and lose track of time.

KStrong - Yay for doing great with your exercise and intake. That is great you feel better with your eating. I am slowly learning to focus on what I am doing that works rather than focusing on every little thing. I too feel better when I eat better. I hope your arm issue gets better.

loganandlivsmom - I think i do need therapy so I came to the right place . My thoughts about food and it having power over me created negative thoughts with my eating. Instead of realizing food was needed each day, I gave food such power. Work in progress. Thanks for the reminder that slow and steady works. Sometimes I think if I don't lose x amount of pounds each week, I am not successful.

Hello to everyone and have a great day.
Take Care
Old 07-13-2023, 01:22 PM   #167  
Meanderer

Ann - Welcome! Great job on the walking!
I haven't had an issue with blisters since I quit buying walking shoes that were too small. However, because I do walk a bunch, I try to replace my shoes every 6-12 months and rotate between two really good supportive pairs. I normally wear them out before they get too stretched so I haven't encountered "too big blisters" yet.

L&Ls Mom - It sounds like you did minimal damage on your restaurant trip. WTG!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:52 AM   #168  
Believe

KStrong - Thanks for the thoughts on the shoes. I have only had them since June so it may just be the brand. They were recommended as a good shoe for walking. I think I will just stick to the brand I usually get. Wow, waiting until September to weigh. That is great. Nice to measure progress with Non scale victories.

I had to walk indoors to a you tube video due to the weather outside. Felt successful with eating other than the Jujubes I grabbed when the storms got bad. Yikes a trigger for sure. I find I still spend too much time on the computer. I go to post here and then I get carried away looking at other things. I have to figure that one out.

Good morning to everyone and have a great day.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:01 AM   #169  
Meanderer

Ann - Good going on getting those steps in!
It is easy to go down the rabbit hole surfing the internet.

Have a great weekend all!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-20-2023 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:28 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I will have to come back and do a proper check-in. Sorry for being gone so long. I was feeling sick and thought it might be Covid but I tested negative. I'm feeling better now.
Old 07-15-2023, 07:47 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Good morning! Today I weighed in at 150.8 which is good news. I had been ticking up all week. The scale kept ticking up even though the calories weren't that bad. I think mostly it was water retention and slightly higher calories (up to 1900). One day of 1600 and it's back down again. This is the boring (but true) day to day life of weight loss - maintenance and to be expected.

Wannabehealthy Sorry you weren't feeling good and glad you are feeling better. I went back and saw it's been a month! Take care of yourself.

KStrong It sounds like you are doing great with your measurements, keeping your eating on plan AND getting in all your exercise with arm-shoulder issues included. Since you are committed to not pulling out the scale you can tell yourself that that "normal" non weight watching people probably never get on the scale but when they go to the doctor's office.

​​​​​AnnC123 Yes, I really do think this is the right place for you (and us) to be. It really does help me to post here and I have done it along the way for the whole 3 years basically. Yes slow and steady really does win the race. Even if you "only" lost a half pound each week it would still be 25 or so pounds a year. Most overweight folks would be thrilled to be 25 pounds less than they are now. Seeing yourself smaller, needing smaller clothes, keeps you inspired and you keep going. You've got this! Keep writing down all you eat. I always try to judge what is "worth" the calories I am "spending" each day. If I can have 1600 I try to pick what is worthy of those few calories. (I hope that makes sense).
Old 07-15-2023, 07:55 AM   #172  
Believe

Walking was great yesterday. Food was uneventful so that is good.
I was invited to a book club the book is called 'I Thought It Was Just Me' by Brene Brown. It is a very interesting book.

KStrong - congrats for being on plan all month. I too am looking forward to weather changing. Less humidity for us. The temperature in the US have been scary. I laughed at the aches and pains as we get older. When I was younger I thought oh that will never happen to me. As I now know, it does happen to most people as we age.

Carol - That is great it wasn't covid and that you are feeling better.

Waving hello to everyone else, I hope you have a great day.

Old 07-17-2023, 07:45 AM   #173  

Good Monday morning everyone (Trying to pretend I am ready for this week to get going.) LOL
I am happy to report that 150 is back! I decided I would still like to lose more. I changed my goal weight on my profile to 140. That is the mid range of ideal weight for my height. Basically the range is 125-160. I would especially like to lose more from my waist and thighs which we don't control of course but that is the goal!
AnnC123 It looks like we were both posting at the same time on the 15th, glad you are doing well with your food and exercise. Keep up the good work!
Have a good week!
Old 07-17-2023, 06:12 PM   #174  
Meanderer

Carol - I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Ann - Wonderful about all the walking and uneventful food!

L&Ls Mom - Great job on returning to your latest low! I admire your new goal and that you've found a downward trend without depriving yourself. I hope you can lose it where you want. I may have already mentioned that I'd love to give my middle fat to my face then I wouldn't care what the scale said.

Have a great week!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-19-2023 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2023, 07:48 AM   #175  
Believe

Posting first and then having coffee or going for a walk helps me stay on a routine. Always thought routines were not my thing but as I look back success comes to me from having a routine. When I post about walking each day I feel as if it is boring. As I am out walking, exploring my area or places around us, I am mindful and enjoy walking. Being present has helped me keep my eating uneventful. Planning helps with that too. I feel like this can't continue. Knowing this is actually a sabotage thought I will replace it with 'This is my way of eating '
I noticed the air quality is not going to be good today. It is very concerning with all the high temperatures and awful weather. I will need to be mindful and keep an 'Attitude of Gratitude'

loganandlivsmom: Credit for reaching 150. You are doing well. I missed seeing your posting on the 15th. I just looked at the site and saw I was the last to post so I didn't want to reply to myself. This is a lesson that I need to come to the site to check. Thanks.

KStrong: Congratulations for measurements trickling down. You are doing great. 12 days extra good behavior is awesome.

Waving hello to everyone else.
Have a great day.
Old 07-18-2023, 08:04 AM   #176  
Meanderer

Great post Ann! Very insightful!

​​​Have a great one all!

Last edited by KStrong; 11-29-2023 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-24-2023, 11:16 AM   #177  
Meanderer

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone is well!

Last edited by KStrong; 11-29-2023 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:03 PM   #178  

Hi everyone, happy hump day!
Today I weighed in at 149.8. It's kind of cool to say 140 at all. I sort of can't believe it. I even said 240 yesterday by mistake to my daughter...I think my brain is still used to the 200's since I was in the 200's for most of my adult life.
I have some kind of cool updates...a coworker messaged me yesterday asking how I lost weight. We work at home and have since COVID, but she knew me before we all went to working at home. She is overweight herself and about my age. I told her what I am doing and how I wish I actually did this years ago. I remember WW always giving those booklets that you write everything down. That really seems to be the key. Write it all down and try to stay under your calorie goal.
The other update is nothing to most people, but I went with my daughter to the mall recently. We never go to malls, so that alone was an odd experience. The cool thing was going with her in clothing stores and being able to try on normal size clothes. Part of me remembered when I was much younger and bigger. I would never be able to dream of trying on clothes at these stores (like Aeropostale, etc...)
KStrong Thanks as always for your kind words! Your comment of moving your fat to your face made me . Wouldn't that be nice if we could do things like that? I am glad you are still hitting your goals!

AnnC123 Thanks! It's been a long road, but I am so happy to be here at the new lower weight! I like what you wrote about routines and planning your meals. I do plan mine too. Even if it's just to write down some ideas of what I will eat the next day. It helps to see it in front of me vs. being hungry with no plan at all. If I have time I will make some meals for the next day so the meal or most of the prep work is already done.
Old 07-27-2023, 08:19 AM   #179  
Meanderer

WOWEEEEE L&Ls Mom - in the 140s! That is absolutely amazing. I know it feels weird for me to type those numbers so I can only imagine how you are feeling.

Have a great last weekend of July all!

Last edited by KStrong; 11-29-2023 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-29-2023, 08:06 AM   #180  

Thanks KStrong!! You really are strong and it sounds like you really are being excellent! I am impressed with any drop in inches but to me 1.5 is amazeballs!!

So I posted I was 149.8, then the next day it was 149.2, and then back to 150. The normal roller coaster but in my head 149.2 is my new low weight to try to reach again soon. Now that I am 150 I have a memory to share..when I was first pregnant with Logan (born in April of '95) so this was late 1994 I got on the scale at the OB's office. The nurse said "your weight is 150, oops not 150, you wish huh?" (I was 250) and I have never forgotten it.
We have a family party tonight, my brother in law (husband's brother) surprise birthday party. I will see a lot of people we hardly get to see. The fun part will be the shocked faces when they see me. LOL

Have a good weekend everyone! ​​​​​​​
Closed Thread