Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 01:54 PM   #61  
Meanderer

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-20-2023 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2023, 12:22 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone. Just checking in.

I started the year at 181.6. I was pretty plateaued from mid October through a couple weeks ago, bouncing around between 178 and 182 for months. Of course, I could also say that I maintained through the holidays and a trip to Hawai'i, which is a win. I'm going to take that viewpoint. I also got to go ziplining in Hawai'i, which was amazing, and which I couldn't have done if I hadn't lost the weight. At my heaviest, I was over the weight limit.

My goal for 2023 is to slowly lose down to under 160, which would put me in the "normal" range for the first time as an adult. So only about 20 pounds, which means I'm ok with a slow loss at this point.

Weight today was 176.2, which is the lowest I've seen since pre-pandemic. So I am slowly trending the right direction. I'm less than 9 pounds away from my lowest weight as an adult.

Hope everyone is having a good 2023, and I'll check in again from time to time.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:09 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 264/148.2/140

Height: 5'8

Smile

Hi everyone!

Today I was 157.6, basically the lowest I've been as an adult. It's crazy to me sometimes seeing my hips being 38 vs 52 inches! The 3 in the first number of my waist and hips is right up there with the craziness of seeing my weight being in the 150 somethings. These are the things that keep me from wanting to over-do the calories day in and day out!

Lacerta Thanks for checking in again! Glad you had a great time in Hawaii and did the zip lining. I would be a chicken for sure. LOL It will be great when you can post you are your lowest adult weight. I know mine is because I was 180 graduating HS and a few times I did lose some weight here and there but never got below 175 when I was way younger. You've got this!

KStrong You are doing awesome with losing those inches!! I am super impressed with the waist loss, wow! It seems to be the one place everyone wants to really lose and one of the hardest to lose as well. It will be for sure for me. I am an apple shaped girl for sure

Wannabehealthy I am glad my mentioning your almost milestone number pointed it out to you. Things like this can give some extra motivation! It's great your hubby is now doing his exercises daily and eating better. That has to make it easier for you as well.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:48 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

You are all doing great! Lacerta, you and I are around the same weight but I'm only 5'2". My lowest adult weight was 122. I think I weighed that for a day back in the 60s. I know I will never see that weight again.

L&Ismom , I can understand how your current weight would give you incentive to not overeat and regain. Before I married it was a constant struggle to stay in the 130s. I think when I married Mr Carboholic I just gave up trying. I am an apple, too. My midsection is a mess from 2 abdomen surgeries and my waist measures 40 something. Its not just the surgeries, I have a lot of abdominal fat. I could wear a smaller size in everything if I had a smaller belly. If I was younger I could probably have people believing I'm pregnant.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:55 PM   #65  

Talking

Wannabehealthy "Mr Carboholic" made me laugh! I know it's not really funny to have to live with that, but the nickname is hilarious! When I started losing weight I measured my waist and hips. The waist was 45 and hips 52. That is not easy to admit but since I am not there now I can say it. Now my waist is 33 1/2. I still do want to lose a bit more because even though I am very happy with my size I can see room for improvement. I think I finally get to be one of those annoying people who have to lose the "final 10 pounds." Those people used to annoy me, I admit it...jealousy I guess. I have had the adbominal surgeries too, but only C sections. My hysterectomy at least was laproscopic. I swear one day I would love to have skin surgery if I could afford it!
Old 02-20-2023, 01:17 AM   #66  

L&Lsmom, I used to call him Mr Potato Head because he can barely go a day without them and sometimes his dinner is just a big plate of fried potatoes. The good thing about that is he has turned me off to potatoes. I rarely eat them now.

When I met him I weighed 130 lbs and my measurements were 36-27-36 and it made me so mad that my waist was not 26. I have a skirt and a pair of slacks from back then and I take them out and look at them in amazement that I ever fit in them. I dont think we are ever satisfied with our weight. There's always those last 10 or 5 lbs.

I thought about you when I was reading a book about the health benefits of exercise. It said that movement done daily while living
your life is called ambient exercise, such as going up stairs, walking in the store, walking from your car to the store, running the vacuum, fidgeting, etc. All movement contributes to exercise. We had a chance to buy a house with no stairs but DH was against it. He said we need to do the stairs as long as we can. His brother moved from a 3 story house to a mobile home a couple years ago. Its unbelievable how much weight he has gained and how much mobility he has lost. I remember when he used to run up and down those stairs. Now he drives to the mailbox and that would be a nice walk for him every day.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-20-2023 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:58 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 267 / 195 / 175

Height: 5'10"

morning all, hope everyone is doing well.

it's my 52nd week since I started & I've lost 53.75lb & dropped from BMI 38.1 to 30.5, so I'm pretty happy with that.

I got out for a walk in the sunshine at the weekend, which was lovely - I've spent far too much of this year cooped up inside, really nice now the days are getting a bit longer & it's not dark at 4pm! my knee is mostly healed now, still get the odd twinge if I twist it unexpectedly, but much improved.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:05 AM   #68  

Wannabehealthy Mr Potato Head is another hilarious nickname! I know it must be hard to remember how small you used to be. I never had that problem since I was always overweight to obese as a teen and adult. There are no "I used to be smaller" moments to go back to in my mind. Thanks for mentioning ambient exercise. I will definitely look that up! It does totally sound like my life. We live in an old (built in 1919) house. Like you said it's two stories. We don't have a dishwasher. We are the dishwasher. LOL We do walk around a lot in stores while my daughter is in dance class. She has four dance classes a week. It's killing time and I think of it as my exercise somewhat. I try to keep myself busy in the yard too when the weather is decent. It should be today since we are supposed to be in the 60's today.
Old 02-24-2023, 07:46 AM   #69  

Hi everyone! I just thought I'd check in, no new updates. The same up and down a bit is currently going on. Today I was 158.4. I know in a few days it will be back to the 157's so the mini roller coaster rolls on. My daughter did ask me the other day what my final goal is and what my maintenance plans are. I let her know basically I am just about where I want to be and my plan to maintain it will be to keep doing what I am doing...counting the calories and trying to keep as active as possible. She is on a kick of watching "My 600 Pound Life." Wow if that show doesn't help you watch your weight nothing will.

MrBadger It seems that we were posting at the same time a few days ago. That is awesome that you are down 53 pounds in 52 weeks! I am glad your knee is improving as well!
Old 02-26-2023, 01:22 PM   #70  
Meanderer

Mr Badger - Wow! Over a pound a week average for 52 weeks is an outstanding achievement! I hope your knee continues to feel good!

Lacerta - So much winning in your post! Maintaining through the holidays and your trip and also new lows is so awesome! I bet the zip lining was a blast and also the proud feeling of being small enough to enjoy it.

Carol - That is so good that you still have the stairs to help you be more toned than you would be if you didn't have them.

L&Ls Mom - on the new low! Also WTG on the lower measurements.
Have a great week!

Last edited by KStrong; 07-20-2023 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-26-2023, 02:00 PM   #71  

Mr Badger, congratulations on 53 lbs in 52 weeks. For 2 years in a row I was in a challenge "Lose a pound a week" but I was not successful. If I was it would put me at goal. They changed their format in year 3 and I couldn't follow it. One pound is not a lot, really. Should be easy,but I can just lose the same pounds over and over. That defeats the purpose.

Old 02-27-2023, 08:32 AM   #72  

Good morning all!

Saturday I was down almost two pounds from the day before (to 156.6). It stayed the same on Sunday. Today I am 157.4. I know this is normal with the ticks up and down even with LOTS of activity and watching the calories. It comes down to how much sodium, fiber, carbs we have on any given day. I figured sharing these two pounds down and then one pound up over and over has to help someone see this is going to happen for them too and is normal. It's not a straight sliding board down when we lose weight.

KStrong Thank you! You went to Mardi Gras? That's cool even if it is your home town. My ex lived in New Orleans when he was a teenager. His dad was in the Coast Guard and was stationed there. They loved New Orleans and would go back there even after they moved , to go back and visit.

My waist has always been bigger than it should be. When I started losing weight this time it was 7 inches smaller than my hips and now it's only a 4.5 inch difference. Ironically I never have trouble when buying jeans. They always fit no matter my size. My mom and sister are built more like you and say if it fits in the hips then the waist is too big.

Good luck on avoiding the booze, you can do it! You may start thinking it's not worth "wasting" the calories on it.
Old 02-27-2023, 02:49 PM   #73  
Meanderer

L&Ls Mom - Another on another new low! Fantastic job!
I didn't actually go to my home town but still celebrated last week's end of Mardi Gras season and some other stuff...

FYI: I probably posted this before but I was born in the original birthplace of Mardi Gras (not New Orleans as most folks think):

On Feb. 27, 1827, New Orleans celebrates Mardi Gras for first time. The Crescent City is globally associated with the Roman Catholic festival today. Yet it was actually celebrated for the first time in U.S. 124 years earlier in Mobile, Alabama. Krewes social clubs common in communities around the Gulf of Mexico continue to organize and define Mardi Gras today.
Old 02-27-2023, 04:59 PM   #74  

Kstrong, thank you for the information about Mardi Gras.

It is better to have pants fit in the hips and big in the waist so instead of the other way around. My pants fit in the waist which makes them baggy in the butt. I hate baggy butt! 😡
Old 02-28-2023, 07:58 AM   #75  

Thanks KStrong! You are (as always) an excellent cheerleader! I had no idea about Mardi Gras starting in Alabama! We all just assume New Orleans since they basically market it as a tourist thing and make it a big production.
Closed Thread