Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 08:10 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/150

Height: 5"5'

Thanks for the support L&L's Mom. As to my health, back in 2014, I was diagnosed with something called a meningioma, which is a tumor on the membranes surrounding the brain. That resulted in various difficulties, including the loss of about half my eyesight. As part of my treatments, I was required to undergo surgery and radiation, and was required to take corticosteroids, resulting in a fair amount of weight gain. On top of that, as a side effect to the radiation therapy, I developed something called peripheral neuropathy, meaning I have nerve damage in my hands and feet, which limits my ability to walk/exercise. Long story short, I gained all of the weight I had lost prior to my diagnosis and then some.

It is great to hear about your Mom. Both her experience and yours are very encouraging. I can't exercise much due to my peripheral neuropathy, although my cane and I go for a morning walk for about 40 minutes. Plus, I get up every hour or so, put on my music (my fav 50's & 60's stuff) and dance! Gets me moving a bit. As for my diet...I'm not doing any special/named diet...just reducing my calories and avoiding carbs. Fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, salads for lunch, and chicken or seafood with steamed veggies for supper. No snacking. So far is seems to be working.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:38 AM   #167  
Meanderer

Muffs! I think I remember being in some threads with Tuscany once upon a time.

I hope everyone is doing fantastic!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:00 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I’m not a drop out. I’m still having trouble with the forum so it’s hard for me to find certain threads.

im still bouncing around in the mid 180s but glad I’m at least maintaining and not gaining.

Kstrong, I’m glad to hear you are released to read and hope you continue to improve.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:34 AM   #169  
Meanderer

Thanks so much, Carol! Great to see you and glad you aren't gaining. That is the ultimate battle for me so I'm always happy to see that for others.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:00 AM   #170  

Thanks for the warm welcome, KStrong!! Sorry we have similar problems with eyesight...mine are permanent, but I hope yours are temporary. I don't have any issues with this site, although I work from my laptop. Good luck getting rid of the water weight.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:15 AM   #171  
Meanderer

Thanks Muffs.

Have a great week all!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 12:18 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I am still having issues on the site. When I log in on my iPad I can get into the site but when I click on a thread I can go have lunch while waiting for it to load.

I am happy to be maintaining my weight. I consider it maintaining if I bounce within 5 lbs. I would rather be losing but I have other issues right now. I’ve let things go, such as my house, I need to get back to regular cleaning to be frank! I have to get back to exercising. Haven’t been to the cardiologist since 2019. Call me a procrastinator.

L&Ls mom, I am very impressed with your loss! I think I should be losing too but apparently I’m eating to maintain, not lose. I keep trying.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:34 AM   #173  
Meanderer

Carol - I'm with you on maintaining within the 5 pounds. If I could do that, I'd be so proud! Great job and I understand about having other issues to worry about. You and I are both procrastinating the medical stuff.

Have a great one all!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:35 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

It's great to see this thread so active!
Thank you all for all the congrats, you all are a great support team!
KStrong I am glad you are cleared for reading again, Our fearless leader is back! That was nice to see you say my weight loss is inspiring you, that is what this site is about in my mind...hopefully we are inspiring and encouraging others and of course share the struggles that are inevitable. When you said earlier about being active was important, it stuck with me. I said I don't do official "exercise" but I try to be active (when not working). We live in a two story house and I used to put something near the steps to take when I went up and now I just take it up and think of it as extra activity and calories burned. It's an old house with one bathroom that is upstairs. I used to avoid taking things up unless I had to go to the bathroom and now it's almost a game, just making it a challenge to move as much as possible.
Muffs I am sorry about your health issues, that is so rough! You saying you walk with a cane for 40 minutes was amazing to me. I think that is awesome! Your meal plan sounds good, if your weight loss slows down you can always count those calories. Just writing it down on a sheet of paper like yogurt 150 calories, apple 80, etc..keeps a tally of your calories and if you are in your calorie range goal.
Wannabehealthy So glad that you are not a drop out and that you are maintaining! It sounds like you have a lot to deal with, get to that cardiologist and take care of yourself! I am glad you are maintaining. It's so better mentally to not have to keep re losing the same pounds over and over! I agree with you, this site is something else. Normally I have issues getting pages to load and sometimes just give up.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:53 AM   #175  

My people very soon I will publish how to reduce in 30 min
Old 08-17-2022, 12:55 AM   #176  

Complete 30 Min Abs Workout. Watch as he shows you how to get a super-effective AB workout in only 30 minutes without any equipment or weights to not only get you shredded but to build your 6 pack ABS from anywhere.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:37 AM   #177  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - Thanks for your kind words and great to see you, too! I bet you do get lots of exercise especially with the bathroom upstairs. I work from home and drink a ton of water so I would be exhausted. I also bet your rear is in great shape, too!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:51 PM   #178  

L&L's Mom: Thanks for your advice. As for walking 40 minutes with a cane, it's no problem. My feet and legs work fine, but I can't feel them properly...so the cane is there solely for balance/safety. I agree with KStrong...just seeing how well you are doing is motivation to us all.

KStrong: Oh how I would love to be able to walk four flights of stairs...walking one flight is a challenge for me. Good for you! I hear you on squatting and lunging. Those are things of the past! Congrats on getting back in the 170's.

Wannabehealthy: Good for you having made it to maintenance. I'm pretty sure I remember you from when I was on this site years ago (my username at that time was Tuscany). Great to hear you have done so well.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-19-2022, 09:35 AM   #179  
Meanderer

TGIF!
I hope everyone is doing well and had a good week!

Thanks Muffs!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:02 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!
I am happy to report I am now down to 92.6 pounds! I know the pounds will be hard won now, but really I am only 7 pounds away from 100 and amazingly not officially overweight according to BMI. It's all still sort of crazy and hard to believe!

KStrong That is what I was trying to say...a lot of up and down the stairs (way more than I used to for sure) even though I don't do "official" exercise it seems to be enough. I do purposely try to get lots of walking and yard work in when I can as well. I guess I didn't realize you had to get back to the 170's? I know it must be frustrating since most of it was probably the meds and all. I am sure you will be back to your January weight before the end of the year. Just remember the body achieves what the mind believes. If you think you can then you will! When you said watching too many UK shows it reminded me of my daughter she has been watching this UK show called Supersize vs Superskinny. It's kind of interesting...a very overweight person needing to lose is paired with almost anorexic types needing to eat normally and gain healthfully. They keep them together in a treatment setting to see what the other eats. They learn from each other, get some therapy etc and it's good to see the results afterwards. And you are right..it is super easy to gain without having "fun." Heck just a few hundred extra calories a day is a pound gained in a month.
Muffs Thanks! That's so nice! I am still impressed with you getting out and doing that exercise. Some would think you have the built in excuse to not exercise, but you do anyway.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Closed Thread