Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 09:10 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

L&L's Mom, I looked up Team Body Project and I like it but I can't do it in my exercise room because I don't have a YouTube app. I could put it on my tablet. I can't do it upstairs,because I don't have room to move around.

On Wednesday, I didn't even get to watch my soaps because we were shopping. But I did all that walking in 3 stores. Today I exercised about 10-15 minutes. It was a start. I intend to continue this.

Hi Kstrong. Hope your eyes are improving.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:03 AM   #227  
Meanderer

Carol - Shopping and running errands definitely count!

L&Ls Mom - YAY for staying under 164!!!
Congrats to both of you working on your exercise! Proud mama here.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 02-03-2023 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:26 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 264/151/under 150

Height: 5'8

Believe it or not I exercised again! What?? It's true! I did the same Body Project video tonight that I did on Wednesday night. Once again just making myself do (just getting started) is the hardest part. I definitely "felt it" more tonight. My reward will be reporting it.

Wannabehealthy Good job on the walking and getting your exercise in! We do quite a bit of walking in stores when my daughter has her dance classes. I intend to keep on doing this as well! It may not be every day but I figure at least every other day is do-able.

KStrong Aww I'm so glad you're proud of us! I am proud of YOU for all your activity, wow!! Thanks for your kind words, I know this is my smallest adult weight and it's really sinking in that I am a size 14 (vs a size 24) and can get into some size 12 jeans..I think even if I never got much smaller I'd be happy enough, but really I would like to try to get a bit smaller. I know it's the day after day watching the calories and getting more activity in that's going to get me there. I'm sorry you are struggling to get back into the 170's. I know you will hang in there and do it though. You've got this!!
Old 10-28-2022, 11:32 PM   #229  

Kstrong, you reminded me that I used to put my Fitbit in my pocket at Walmart so it captured all my steps,but I also got away from that. I'll have to go back to that. I go around 10 am when its not crowded. I go really fast all the way back to dairy and get the things I need there. Then I just go in the aisles where the things I need are, and also along meat. Finishing up in produce then to check out. My husband is amazed how fast I can get done. They don't move things very often like grocery stores do so I know where everything is.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:35 AM   #230  

Good morning all and happy Sunday!
I plan on getting my exercise video today along with normal activity with today being my normal day off. I am happy to report my weight is down to 162.2! So close to my new goal of 160. I think I can possibly do this by the end of the year. It's crazy because this time last year I was hoping to be 199.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:04 AM   #231  

Hi, it's me again~

I said I would report when I exercised, so I am checking in again to report I exercised last night (Sunday night). I did the same Team Body Project 30 minute video. I am OK now with doing this every other day like I have so far (Wed, Friday and now Sunday night). Honestly I still don't WANT to do it, but once I do it I feel some sense of accomplishment. LOL I looked up my calories needed to maintain weight calculator and plugged in the numbers. If sedentary I can have about 1660 calories a day and if I exercise 1-3 times a week I can have 1900. It's not a huge amount more but I figure it can help on those days I have too many calories! I also looked up benefits of exercise. It was a great reminder, its not just weight loss, it seems to help everything mental and physical.

Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2022, 10:54 AM   #232  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom on the new low! Outstanding job, as usual!!! Also, excellent on the exercise! You are really committed and yes, I am so proud.

Have a great week!

Last edited by KStrong; 02-03-2023 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:54 AM   #233  

Kstrong,hope you're eye procedure went well.

L&LS Mom ,good job , scale and exercise.

Here's an article about exercise. I know neither of you is sedentary. This applies to me. It says that low intensity movement all day long is better than 1 hour of intensive exercise in otherwise sedentary people.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23418444/
Old 11-01-2022, 01:25 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 304.2/288.8/124

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I have been working on getting myself back on track for the past month. I got up to my highest weight ever and my A1c is going up again so I have really been trying to get back to consistency. I realized that I joined this thread almost a year ago! I'm nowhere near my goal weight but I have short term goals for improving my mind, body and overall health. I started walking with a goal of 3 times a week and have gotten up to a mile + each walk. My hips and feet are very stiff from too much laying around so I'm working on stretching. I am also in PT for issues with my shoulder, but thankfully my knee is not showing any signs of pain. I found a walking group that walk outdoors at different places around my area and I have even joined them on a couple of their flatter locations. They are a great group of ladies and the are fine with me sticking to my own limitations(they walk 3+ miles in varying terrain). I like having this accountability and hope to walk with them on Monday evenings.
This past week has been the best I have had so far because I was finally able to cook so that I had lots of choices to eat. As far as my goal for the rest of the year, I am hoping to get under my 5% which is only 7.3lbs. I am working on getting there by the end of the month. Fingers crossed, I will stay on track. Need to go prepare some chicken salad for the week so I'll be back! Glad to see some people still on since I left!
Old 11-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #235  

Hey everyone! So happy to see this thread active!

Just checking in to say I exercised again...I didn't exercise last night (which was when I should have to keep up with every other day)...but trying to keep that saying "progress not perfection" is my goal. I did a different Team Body Project video for 30 minutes. I can see how this can begin to become more of a habit eventually. My weight went up some..today was back up to 164. I know my calories weren't that bad (never over 2000) so I am not worried about it..it will be back down again soon enough!

momtopands Welcome back! I remember your username! It sounds like you have great plans in place. I do recommend checking in here when you can. It does help to keep us focused and on track. It's like your own journal you can go to get your thoughts and feelings out. Also, down the road you can see how far you've come.

Wannabehealthy Thank you! That study is interesting. I agree with it, being active throughout the day seems like it would be better for us than being the "weekend warrior" type of person.

KStrong I hope the procedure went well as well as the upcoming one! No real advice since you know your body best..all you can do is know yourself, your strengths and weaknesses and try to plan best with those in mind. I think just not ignoring it is best. Either we are trying or we aren't if that makes sense? If I am trying to lose (or at least not gain) I will count my calories. If I don't care then I eat whatever. I was "whatever" most of my adult life. Holy Cow I saw some pics yesterday like an old passport photo. My face was so full! It's almost shocking to see pics now! If that doesn't keep me on track nothing will. I say this to you since I know you can relate!
Old 11-02-2022, 10:40 PM   #236  

Default Let's lose weight.

let's do it weight lose
Old 11-02-2022, 10:44 PM   #237  

Default We have to be healthy chicks

Let's ,go lose weight in November .
Old 11-02-2022, 10:49 PM   #238  

Default Let's lose weight

It just fat we can lose it and guys I hope you'll get healthy weight. In end of November

Old 11-02-2022, 10:54 PM   #239  

Default Kstrong ,

You are doing well . We moving ahead to lose weight .
Old 11-02-2022, 10:58 PM   #240  

Default lose Weight

We can do this we can be healthy soon .
let's do it.
Closed Thread