Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 06:42 AM   #46  
Meanderer

Quick drive by on my phone this morning.
Have a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:08 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Was sick with Covid for a while so I lost quite a bit but have gained back some due to eating a few too many carbs. Now I'm at work this weekend so I should be able to get back on track. I'm still down overall so I'm happy!

SW: 285.2
CW: 273.8(- 11.4)
Old 01-29-2022, 10:40 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Friday was my weigh in day. Weight is up but down from my highest this week. I wish I had posted my weight last week. Skipping it is not helping me. I cannot hide from the truth. From now on I will report in, good or bad.

Starting wt. 192
Current wt. 190
Goal wt. 142

Pcs to go 48

Since I want to lose 1 lb a week I am 2 lbs behind. If I commit to this seriously I can make that up. All is not lost. (No pun intended!)

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-29-2022 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:05 AM   #49  
Meanderer

Great attitude ladies!

Hope everyone that is dealing with Winter Storm Landon is doing okay!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:01 AM   #50  

SW. 192
CW. 190
GW. 142

# to go. 48

I have no clue as to why its not going down.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 264/151/144

Height: 5'8

Hi! I am here, not too much to report really. I looked at my stats and saw overall I am down 3 pounds from the beginning of January. I was down 6 when I was dealing with bad anxiety and now it's officially minus 3 pounds. My next mini goal is 189 which is 75 pounds.

Wannabehealthy I think sometimes the reason the scale doesn't move when your calories seem fine is sodium and / or needing to get more fiber or "go to the bathroom" and get that waste out. LOL That seems to be it for me. I know KStrong says carbs effect her where it makes her retain water weight. Hang in there!

KStrong Sorry you are dealing with the snow!! Ugg. We say we hardly get snow but this year we've had it twice, but only a few inches and it's gone a day or two. (I am in the Virginia Beach, VA area). I think it's great that you have kept up your strength training!
Old 02-06-2022, 09:19 AM   #52  

I have weighed 190 lbs for 11 days in a row. Its becoming laughable. I could understand it if I went up once in a while. I took the batteries out of my scale and reset it according to the directions. I know its working because the tenths change from day to day. I never realised I was so good at maintaining. BE THANKFUL YOU'RE NOT GAINING! I keep telling myself.

I watch carbs because of my diabetes, but I dont want to lose water weight. Going up and down those few water weight pounds can drive you crazy. That's not to say I think doing low carb is wrong . I know that simple carbs must be controlled for health.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-06-2022 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-06-2022, 08:45 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 176.2/152.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I haven't reported in much this month. I'm trying to maintain the 47 or so pounds I lost last year. So far, so good, but I find maintaining challenging at times. I started 2022 at 118.2 and as of February I'm at 117.6. I've been getting in a bit more walking over the past 2 weeks and I'm trying to be a bit more consistent with my exercise.

KStrong - congrats with your weight loss so far this year. It's tough to get the exercise in when it's snowing - great job with your strength training.

Wannabehealthy - that's frustrating when the scale doesn't move for over a week - be patient it will start moving again

L&L's mom - great job on your weight loss so far this year - it looks like you are close to your 75 pound goal

momtopands - sorry to hear you got Covid - hopefully you're feeling much better now. Congrats on losing 5% of your SW - that is great!

Old 02-07-2022, 08:30 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Thankfully I'm over Covid now but last week was my daughter's 17th birthday, so I had much more cake and ice cream that I should have, but I'm still down overall. Still getting back on track!

SW: 285.2
CW: 272.2(- 13)
Old 02-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #55  

Finally broke through to 180s. Now to stay there til Friday. According to my goal, I should be at 186 by Friday. Need to catch up somehow.

SW. 192
CW 189

GW. 142

Pounds to go 47
Old 02-08-2022, 12:31 PM   #56  
Meanderer

Carol - Yay on the scale moving! I remember the days of my youth when I wrote all my weekly/yearly weight loss goals in INK. I spent so much time scratching things out. We have no control over our crazy bodies. Just be proud that you are keeping at it!

L&L's Mom - I bet your trend line looks marvelous! You are doing so well with finding the right balance for you. We rarely get snow here that sticks, but this is two years in a row now that we've had a major winter storm and then this year had all the ice underneath that has taken days to melt. So many folks had Snow Days as the roads were so hazardous. I couldn't even get to my car without a bobsled for almost a week so I've been way too lazy. I am so scared of falling!

Momtopands - Great to hear you getting over the covid! I've been dreaming about cake lately and it seems like I'm seeing it on every program I watch so I feel you! I'm not much of a sweet eater, but that is something I can never pass up!

Flower - You have really done well with keeping the weight off! I appreciate the congrats, but most of my January losses were water weight and I somehow managed to gain all of it back so I'm back where I started. It is a battle!!! I even had to ignore the scale completely for a few days.

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:25 PM   #57  

I strong you are an inspiration with all you do.

I often feel that I am failing but my new mantra is "I may be a slacker but I'm not a quitter!"

I just got lab results and I'm not happy, but I researched it all online. The changes I need to make are more water, more exercise especially after dinner, and more vegetables and fiber. I hope my doctor doesn't want to add more meds!!
Old 02-09-2022, 07:29 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 264/151/144

Height: 5'8

flower1 Hey there! I am glad you checked in and are doing great!! Maintaining is something we will all will need to learn.

momtopands It's great that you are down overall. The good news is we don't always have birthday cake and ice cream around the house. LOL

KStrong Thanks! You are so supportive! After reading about your snow and ice all I can think is "spring is coming." Good luck on avoiding the Valentine's candy. I know some avoid even going into the stores, they have it delivered or do curbside pick up groceries so they don't have to see it and be tempted.

Wannabehealthy Congrats on making it to 189! Sorry about the lab results. It sounds like the changes you mentioned will lead to more weight loss overall as well. I have read over and over that many type 2 diabetics can get off or greatly reduce their meds just by losing enough weight. It's amazing how our bodies work this way.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:44 AM   #59  
Meanderer

Carol - Thanks, I like your mantra! Sorry about the labs, but good that you have made a plan. My last labs were horrible even after losing 100 pounds and they wanted to put me on all kinds of medicine. I'm trying to avoid that road also. I plan to get a new check up this year with a new doctor to see if things look better now that I've maintained the weight loss for awhile because I'm not going to be happy getting on any kind of daily medicines.

L&L's Mom - We are back hot again. I am on the top floor with lots of natural light so even with the arctic winds/winter storm, I haven't had to run the heat. We may hit 80 today and I'm just trying not to run the AC. It is Feb for goodness sakes! Then another cold front comes through this weekend. It is a roller coaster of temps around these parts.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-05-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:13 AM   #60  

I had a happy weigh-in. I passed right by 188 and went straight to 187. The bad news is, bathroom issues were involved. The good news is I'm going to fight like heck to hold it or drop it!

SW. 192
CW. 187

GW 142

Pounds to go 45
Closed Thread