Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

NSM - you're right, you first all the way, you healthy and happy is best for everyone anyway And don't forget to go sweat on purpose! You deserve it!

Mystical - Surpirse HIIT is fun too, lol, I hope you enjoy it and see results as much as the rest of us have. It almost feels like cheating, only 20 minutes yet it sure does the trick. Oh yuck, summer cold, those are gross and completely unpleasant. I'm glad you're heading in the right direction even with all that mucus.

MsP - Congrats on the run, you're almost threre, what, 2 weeks left? That's incredible and look at that 153 sneaking in there, woohoo. And you seem so positive living at the in-laws, lol, amazing! How long until you're in your new place?

CMo4 - You're totally welcome, and I find your determination and attitude infectious, so we're even! I'm just glad that you gave both a go, I really like the HIIT intensity and I agree both complement each other nicely, with running it makes HIIT feel so short and HIIT makes running feel so much easier. Your body will not be able to hang onto that last 0.6lbs, it's just impossible! Have fun sending the boys off, how fast they grow up.
OMG, I just saw!
Now for a song, have I ever told you you're my hero.....Wow, I'm just so proud of you for holding on, that was nearly forever and you only threw the scale once? That's a lesson to us all, you're at that point where you're in the thin normal range and it's so easy to forget why you're sticking to this when you're there and look at you, sticking like glue, or gum in hair even. There are not words hun, so here's a hug now go get a new HRM that works! That blows and totally find one that does what you need. And take pictures!! I'm leaving tomorrow at 5pm so anytime before then is great

Pusedaisy - Glad you had blast this weekend, sounds like an awesome girls weekend. I had to laugh those are the two things that are always in my house, lol, cabbage and lentils, go figure.

Shasha - That's why Sandye's so crazy about it, makes us all skinny! I know what you mean though it does make you feel cleaned out and thinner, it's nice and after the bathroom trips even out, that's not so bad too.

Twilight - When you find the fat melter let me know and I'll get in line I read a funny quote a couple of months ago it was something like 6 pack abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym, I thought it was funny b/c I always can manage the exercise but the food is so hard and makes all the difference. Let us know how everything goes. And soy is kinda controversial right now, there's arguements on either side, some say that unfermented soy (tofu, soy milk etc.) act like estrogens in your body and contribute to holding weight just as the real hormone does and various other increased estrogen problems like reproductive cancers, etc, while others swear by it for the ability to eat less animal protien which is widely thought to be damaging as well. The only consensus I've seen is that fermented soy, tempeh and miso are universally thought of to be good for you. I think depending on your opinion you can probably find evidence to support it either way. Well that may have been TMI, lol.

Delphi - hey doll, oh I hate those mornings, you just never feel like you stop rushing! Hope you're having a great day and that things slow down in a bit. I need a dose of my rock goddess to start my day off right.

Shrinking - I have the unique arrangement of a dh who works seven day shifts then has four days off, then works seven days, has three off and so on, so my "weekends" don't fall on weekends. I routinely think it's Saturday on a Tuesday b/c that's his first day off. And my routine is fairly similar everyday since i'm home with our dd and I don't encounter so many of the challenges of weekday to weekend eating that I used to when I was working full time. I'm so happy you're doing it, running! The pace will come for sure once you do it longer, sometimes it feels like we're shuffling down the road. And congrats on figuring out that schedule, I sure do think that planning is 90% of the equation here.

Jeweliek - so many kids loving the school how nice to see, I'm sure you're right and that will melt away in no time.

I'm just so happy for Sandye I think I'm gonna rent a plane, or maybe go do a HIIT session in her honour! That sounds like a good plan. Oh and I totally forgot another 0.6 down the drain, almost ready to bid the 180's goodbye forever!

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 08-11-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #437  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

thanks all, for your encouragement.

Jeweliek- I am right there with you. my son starts the 6th grade in a few weeks. If they start this early, when do they finish school?

trying to be on plan, no more, no less.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #438  

Height: 6'1

Delphi: Have fun painting the room! Bummer about the power outage, but atleast you got to sleep in a little.

crazymama: Wow school starts today. How exciting! Feels like just yesterday I saw all the kids on my way from work celebrating their first day of summer vacay. And OMG you did it!!! I knew you would break through with all your hard work. I’m so excited for you!! Can’t wait until my BMI is normal.

jeannep: Your boyfriend sounds like a sweet guy. I totally wish I had more access to a computer when I’m out of town because I feel like checking in here helps keep me in check. Sorry to hear about the weight increase. It happens to me a lot to even if I think I ate pretty good over the weekend. For me, I think even if I don’t eat terrible, the food has more salt content, esp if I’m not the one cooking it at home. You will be back down in no time I’m sure.

hotsplashes: Hi there!

mystical: Oooh and ingredient tech. That sounds like such a cool job, but you probably had to try a lot of stuff that you weren’t too crazy about huh? That’s so funny that you had turkey meatloaf last night, that’s what we are having for dinner tonight. I’m not 100% sure about this, but I heard somewhere that turkey is leaner than chicken. I’m personally not the biggest fan of turkey unless its ground up with spices. I see ground chicken sometimes at the store, but its always kinda pricey.

tummy: So true about not being able to tell the difference between ground turkey and ground chicken when its all cooked and spiced up. Those greek burgers sound good. I will have to fire up the grill sometime this week.

NSM: Sorry to hear about your funk. That happens to me from time to time too.

MsP: Great job on getting all your exercise in yesterday. I always love when I can meet my exercise goals. Have fun on your long run today. Oh and I can totally relate to the messy room thing. We try to clean our room and its not the cleaning part that’s hard, it’s the maintaining. (kinda like weight loss, funny how that works)

pucedaisy: on the 13lbs lost. Hope you had a fun weekend in Brooklyn and its good that you walked a lot. I hate TOM too, its so annoying to see the weight gain, but I always tell myself that its only temporary.

twilight: Ya know, I just fill up a nalgene bottle every few hours. Its only 32 oz, so not as cool as the 64 oz bottle. I figure if I can drink atleast 1.5 of those while I’m at work, I’m well on my way to get the rest of my water in for the day.

shrinking girl: When you do C2k5, are you running/walking outside or do you do it on a treadmill? I need to start running, but its annoying because my boobs are still too big and they hurt really bad. Yay for getting into week 2 though.

jeweliek: I’m sure you will be back down again in no time. You are doing so well with all your running.

As for me, I'm just sitting here at work. We are kinda slow right now, and I hope the day picks up soon because I'm here for the next 7 hours. Sigh...

Last edited by shasha17a; 08-11-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #439  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Cmo4 - Way to go hitting your goal! I'm so very impressed!!! And don't be silly, we're not stuck with you... we're glad you're sticking around!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #440  

I'm back! I've been in a funk since Saturday. Yesterday I was up 1.6 lbs and was planning on doing well but I just couldn't get in the groove and didn't feel like exercising. Was going to have grilled chicken salad last night but instead fixed a pizza, ugh. I was sure I was going to be up again this morning and even thought about not weighing but I went ahead and weighed. I'm glad I did because I lost half of what I had gained and now I'm only up a .8. So today I'm back OP and plan to have an active and low carb day to make up for all the carbs I've had over the past three days.

Sandye First of all Congratulations!!!!! That is so awesome!! and Delphi I'm planning on painting a bedroom too, at the same time we do the bathroom. Right now its the school room but its going to be my daughter's room soon, right now her and my son share a room. Currently its a darker pink/peachy color and we all hate it. We are going to paint it a light purple/lavender.

You can put tofu in sushi too. I'm planning on making sushi this week for the first time. DH has been wanting me to make it for a long time. This weekend we picked up the pickled radish for it. I need to get some avocado (I love avocado in sushi) pickled ginger and wasabi. I'm going to cook the salmon instead of using it raw.
You can also use tofu in smoothies to up the protein. I actually never use tofu but my sister used to use it in smoothies sometimes. I can't stand it in stir fries at the chinese restaurants, I would much rather have chicken or shrimp.

MsP I don't trust soy products at all, I don't know everything about it but I've heard and read some negative things. My husband has too and he stopped me from buying soy milk a few years ago. I would buy it (before we had our own goat milk) when my kids had colds because cow's milk produces more mucus. I do buy soy sauce but I try to only buy the Braggs amino acids whenever possible in place of it.

Pusedaisy, Tummy We like cabbage and lentils too, red lentils anyway, I don't really like the other kind that much.

Ok, I haven't made much progress with the bathroom. I have been driving myself crazy trying to pick a paint color. Yesterday I spent most of the day looking at pictures trying to help me decide. I think we've decided on a light goldish/brown. I was also leaning toward a light muted celery green (not sure how to describe it) because it looks so good with red accents. I did find a lucky bamboo plant at Lowe's.

Happy Tuesday to all you chickies!!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

twilightfan Good job on the working out...

Delphi Power outage, we have had a few of those too it has been storming here for about 3-4days now... I hope you got some rest while you had a power outage...

Shrinking Girl Awesome job on the workout keep up the good work

Ms Perception 45lbs wow!!! You are an inspiration to me.. Keep up the good work.

crazymamaof4 on reaching you goal you have done an awesome job.. You are the best.. Thanks for the reminder I really do look forward to the reminders somedays I do forget and when I see the reminders I am off for more water... for the I am doing better today I will do you proud....

jeweliek awesome keep it up.

jeannep Don't worry about the lbs up looks like you have a great plan set for yourself... I am like a rollercoaster.. I do much better if I weigh myself everyday as well... I have a spreadsheet that I enter my weight and my exercising in everyday so I can look back and see how I have done for the month... Keep up the good work you can do it.

Tummy Girl You are doing so well 180 is not far for you keep it up... I am so proud of you... Thanks for the inspiration...

dcapulet

shasha17a I hate slow days at work it sure makes for a very long day...

ok today is a new day for me and I am feeling much better... I made my meatloaf and I had to use lean grnd beef and ground turkey. I used a recipe that had (green peppers, garlic, onion, carrots, celery) it was very good and DH loved it.... Yeah it was full of veggeis and everyone loved it.

I am starting my HIIT today since I was not feeling well yesterday I didn't do any exercising but today I will I am eating POP today. Had oatmeal, and strawberries, salad w/ left over meatloaf, and I am baking chicken for dinner. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Keep up the good work you all are doing great!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good Afternoon Ladies...

Didn't get on the scale today. TO scared to. And I dropped out of the "5pound challenge" because 5 pounds a week is just so unrealistic. I thought it was 5pounds for the rest of August! Silly me.

So I promise I will get on the scales tomorrow and post my weigh in. Weird thing is..I am missing my little ticker number that shows the loss. I have the biginning number, the end number, and the ticker itself... just no middle number... Anyone know the fix for that?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #443  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Sorry ladies no time for personals. I've been painting that bedroom all morning and just now got everything back in order and clean. All I lack is the bottom trim, but I ran out of trim paint and I can't get back out until Friday...so, the boys just come in and it's home work time then some R&R for me. I'm beat..

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS Sandye on MEETING GOAL! That is awesome. You are wonderful my dear and I just want you to know how freakin' proud I am of you. Your hard work and dedication has surely paid off. and on the panties girlfriend. Now go get yourself all sexy and get you some bow chicka wow wow going on this evening.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #444  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Delphi....bet that feels great to get that project out of the way.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies I got back on the scale today and I am back down to 117.5 so just anotehr 1.5 lbs to get back to the 216 then I am hoping for the rest of this month I can lose another 6lbs so I will be down to 210 lbs by the end of the month.... Have a great afternoon I'll check in later.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #446  

girlsssssssss! omg, I missed one day and missed about 3 pages due to that! lol. I need to go jump in the shower and get ready but I did a quick skim for now (will be back tonight) anddddddd saw that crazymamaof4 met goal!

Sandye (crayzmama), congratulationssssssssssssss on having met goal! :chee r::congrat :

Hotsplashes

Tummygirl..............If my memory hasn't failed me, I beleive your leaving tomorrow. Wishing you a safe and wonderful trip, we will miss you much! Have a wonderful time

congratulationssss to all of you on the losses and also to all for keeping at it.

I will catch up with all the news later and also catch you up on my news, lot's to catch up on. Keep up the great work girls A big hug to all.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #447  

Our August members thus far... We have a sister thread titled "August Exercise Challenge" for those of you who would like to join us over there as well.

FullSteamAhead: get to last lowest weight and drop a couple of lbs.
sstolte: get below 210
jeweliek: lose 12 lbs., run 48 miles, weight training 3x/wk.
crazymamaof4: lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!! try more new recipes, eat my fruits +veggies, try calorie cycling, + include more good fats in my diet.
canadianangel: report here everyday, be 205, minimum 50 miles running on treadmill.
UniquelyNormal: eat healthy + exercise.
TERAPET: lose 6 lbs.
Delphi: lose 10 lbs., maintain a 1, 000 calorie deficit 6 days a week.
inthemidst: lose 10 lbs., eat OP, not get sidetracked on vaca., + not let school freak me out.
dcapulet: lose 6 lbs., maintain good eating habits, start getting some work done for school, 1200 min. ex.
Darby1: lose 6lbs. to get under 190, ex. 5x/wk, work on a ST program, stay within WW points every day.
nellonello: get to 199
ajowens: lose 8lbs. to get to 158, eat all vegetable servings, + walk everday.
misspiggy408: say "buy-bye" to the 140's, wight training 3x/wk, cardio 4x/wk, + no beer during the week.
UrthWurm: lose 6 lbs., eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 3x/wk, walk 1x/day.
MissMallee: lose 5lbs., eat balanced meals, + start exercising regularly again.
NewShinyMe: eat OP 6 days/wk, journal food intake, keep track of water intake, + stay accountable on weekends.
LateToTheGame: lose 7-10 lbs., 3 days ST + 3 days cardio.
MountainChick: lose 5-7 lbs.
BlueIsis: 2x limit eating out at restaurants, no ice cream or alcohol, reach 120's.
mamatoni: lose 11 lbs. to reach onderland, ex. 5x/wk. No dessert with the exception of elephant ear at fair.
merose: lose 7lbs. to get to 174.
ernurse: lose 2 lbs. per/wk, stay within WW points, 4 bottles water daily, + give support at site daily.
MsPerception: take a multivitamin most days, get into the 140's.
Wifey: lose 10 lbs. +drink a lot of water
Pucedaisy: get down to 145.
wanting2b140: lose 10lbs. to get to 228
chunksoflove: lose 12.5 lbs. to get to 240.
Ruth135: lose 3-5 lbs.
Tummygirl: Lose 8lbs. to hit 177.
bbee: Lose 6 lbs.
Aclai4067: By Aug. 7- no longer morbidly obese--MET GOAL!! By Aug. 13- reach 10% target. No candy through Aug.21 (started July 21). Down to 255 by Aug. 31.
princess2323: start exercising again, workout 1 hr. a day, get eating in order, + get into the 140's.
iamren: lose 9lbs.
Shrinking Girl: lose 6lbs, goal weight for end of August is 217.5
Sunny Gee: lose 5.5 lbs. to get to 157.5
Jacque9999: see 125 sometimes in August--MET GOAL!! try new foods...health foods! + tone more and lose more belly fat.
susie martin: lose 10lbs. and do a daily chick check in.
ladyfyre: lose 11lbs, take my lunch to work...no more fast food, get to the gym 3x/wk, at least a 1/2 hr. of daily exercise and never be rushed in the morning.
loriehohlf: no post weight in off plan eating, track what I eat, continue with my activity and keep losing.
HeatherEljohari: goal weight of 169.8, 3x/wk at the gym...60+mins. a pop. 40 15 lb. weights, + 40 sit-ups.
KEmery08: venture into the 150's + get involved in some sort of ex. class.
lookingtobehealthy: goal weight of 225.
nellonello: get into onderland.
khunter: lose 7lbs. to get to 145.
Mystical: lose 6-8lbs.
BKKchick: lose approx. 5 lbs. to get to goal weight of 114.5
gillychicks115: lose 5lbs, keep it off, + start strength training more.
rcrough: drink 2.5 liters of water/day, stay OP, + no mindless snacking.
mars540: lose 10lbs., fit a size 8 by Sep.1, + no excuses.
shasha17a: lose 8 lbs.
naz: lose 10lbs.
75togo: lose 8lbs. + ex. 45 min. 4x/wk.
Phenomenal Woman: lose 6 lbs. + ex. somehow everyday.
sotypical: Lose some weight.
Ja23: Lose some pounds.
Jeannep:
smileydd: to go from 251
echo: lose 8lbs.
glutio: lose 5-10 lbs.
jessicado22: get into the 260's. Fit into small size 20 pants.
twilightfan: Lose 10 lbs.
Lisan1128: lose 5lbs.+ exercise 4-5x/wk.
Hotsplashes: get out of the 180's
Old 08-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Just a quick howdy, congrats Mystical on getting down again, HIIT it gonna do the trick too, just look at Sandye she did it last night and ta da! She's past her old goal! Delphi, what colour did you end up going with?

Ok I'm gross and sweaty and in need of a shower and to finish packing. The bathing suit arrived, all of them, and I found one that isn't too bad, I'm not going to jump for joy it's just gonna take some time to get used to it. I can tell it looks good but the idea of wearing one is the hard part. I'll get there though.

And FSA you're right, I leave tomorrow night so I'll pop in tomorrow morning to catch up and say farewell, we then have a bday party over lunch and then off to the airport. Have a great night ladies. And can someone find Jacqui while I'm gone? She's been gone too long, search party time!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #449  

Height: 6'1

So I decided that I'm tired of the machines at the gym for my cardio, so tonight I'm going to take a break and go to a kickboxing class at 6:30. Its going to be hard going home for a few hours inbetween, but my ipod is dead anyways so I don't think I even want to go right after work. Hopefully I can do some laundry before the class starts because I'm going to be dead tired after that. And its so wierd, I have drank about 7 glasses of water today and I'm still thirsty.

Last edited by shasha17a; 08-11-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #450  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Sandye-You did it!!! Congratulations!! I can't get on the last page to read anything, but I had to let you know I was cheering you on here!

I'll hop on later if time permits. Today went well and I'm looking for continued progress on the scale, but alas, TOM looms around the corner...
Closed Thread