Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #511  

Height: 5'6"

Well, I didn't get any exercise again today, I let myself stay too busy again. I need a good , I definitely need to exercise tomorrow and Saturday because I won't be able to on Sunday.
Not sure of my calories today because I attempted to make sushi tonight and I have not idea how many calories it was, I didn't eat very much of it though because it didn't turn out that good, I used brown rice. I have a thing about not cooking white rice but I think on the rare occasion that I might make sushi, it really needs to be white rice. I also made salt and pepper shrimp with a side of bok choy and spinach. But I also had some root beer with ice cream, but not that much. I don't think my calories were that bad.

Oh, and I think I hate the new bathroom color, I told dh that I would do anything if he would repaint it, lol. It looks like baby poop or something. I think I'll just get a light brown or taupe which is what I was originally going to do. Maybe a little boring but at least it will go with just about any decor.

See you guys tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #512  

Height: 6'1

Hey, just doing a quick check in before bedtime. I did some step aerobics tonight. It felt good to mix things up. Also signed up for some sessions with a trainer. I just know that I will be getting an awesome workout. Hope everyone is as excited for the weekend as I am. Going out of town again to spend the weekend with DBF and his fam for a bbq. My parents are driving down as well to visit. I'm so excited as I hardly get to see them anymore. Well, catch up with everyone tomorrow. Nite!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #513  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Gonna make this quick as my puter shuts down soon after start up. I'm gonna take it apart and clean it today and check my graphics card...some of the problems I'm having can be due to the card pulling to much power due to it being faulty, hence the puter shutting itself down in to a low power mode..or power save mode and not waking up. So hopefully I can get it straightened out today and get back to my regular antics here. Still no change for me, I'm still swollen from painting and my poor hands are sooo bad due to the swelling. At any rate, I hope you ladies have a great day and wish me luck with the puter. I pray that I can repair it myself...I don't know what I would do without my Internet assess...I'd go batty I'm sure.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #514  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning and TGIF Girls!!!

MsP
~ Yes, checking in, even if it's just to say hi is a great way to stay motivated and accountable!! Of course, we certainly don't mind more do we? Hope you're having another great day!

ITM~ "_____ _____ _____" Now what on earth was it you had? I can't figure it out for the life of me! Come on, dish!! Great job avoiding all the bread, entrees and super swamped salads--that's awesome!!

JeanneP~ Oooh, you'd better start guzzlin'! You did see me swinging my at Delphi for not drinking her water right? Don't make me break it out again! Hope you had a nice jog yesterday!!

Delphi~ Noooooooo! Please oh please let your computer fix itself! We've already lost Jacqui to computer issues, Tummy's gone, we've got tons of our girls MIA--we can't lose you too!!! Quick, shoot me an email with your phone number, carrier pigeon route, address, Pony Express trail--anything! We can't lose our Delphi!!! Whew, wow! I'm sounding a little hysterical and needy aren't I? Sorry about that! Yeah, the treadmill is waaaaaay easier on the ol' knees! I'm hoping that once I get through the whole C25K program I'll be strong enough to venture outside and do it for real. However, by then it's going to be Winter and brrrrr...I don't know about running in the snow! Hope your computer rights itself and you don't lose contact with the outside word!!

Jewelie~ Thanks hun! Woo hoo on the loss girlie! Do keep us posted on your WI today to k? Hey, nothing better than a special treat to reward yourself for a job well done! I never paint my nails and I'm forever washing my hands and it starts chipping the first day, plus I have man hands! Lemon Meringue pie! Mmmmm! I love lemon anything! Like, lemon cheesecake! Shhhh! Don't tell anyone I said the 'C' word!

Ruth~ good for you getting all those steps in! Oolong tea huh? I'm trying to drink green tea (I got one with an orange flavor to it) and I'm still forgetting to drink it. Oooh, I just saw you need a !!!! Okay, here it comes...!!!!! Okay, now I expect to see a post from you today saying you got your workout in k? Sorry you don't like your bathroom color, that's a bummer. Hopefully you can find a color that you like better soon.

shasha~ aww, sorry about the dinner mix up! I bet you're just up a little water weight and it'll be gone in no time. I'm proud of you not self medicating with food! That's a big step and one you should be proud of! Oooh, a trainer huh? Now what I wouldn't give to do that! I think I could use some help with my form and it sure would be nice to have someone telling you what to do and keep you motivated! Have a great weekend hun! Nothing big is planned here so I'm not all that excited, just glad to be able to sleep in past 5:00!

Aclai~ Congrats on 2/4 goals made already! That's awesome!! Keep up the great work!!!

Mystical~ Ahhh, it's great to hear that you're doing great!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday! And drinking all your water too...*sniff*...makes me so proud! Tell your ds I'm proud of him too! Hope you're having another great day!!!

jessica~ glad to hear you're doing well! WTG on staying OP with your eating!! Considering what you're going through I think that's amazing! I hope that everything goes smoothly with the custody stuff! Keep up the great work hun!

Well ladies, it's another sunshiny day and it's supposed to be warmer today so no open windows for me It's supposed to be hot and humid all weekend too so I'm not sure if I'll be spending a whole lot of time outside and I really should--I've been feeling like a recluse this week.

I exchanged my shoes yesterday and got the other pair, the left foot is still feeling snug, which is odd because it's my smaller foot...hmm...I'll give it a week and see how it is.

I did my HIIT this morning--decided that, although I like nighttime workouts, I end up staying up too late to get my C25K run in at 5:00 like I want to. So, early morning HIIT it is! I still have my Upper Body ST'ing and Abs to do, but I'm still feeling full after breakfast so I'll wait a bit.

Hmm...other than that, I was up slightly this morning but I knew I would be, I only got in a little over 64oz of water yesterday and it was one of my higher calorie days. Calorie shifting is tougher than I thought it would be! I'm so used to eating around 1250 a day that on the days I'm supposed to eat over 1500 I'm lost as to what to add!

Anyway, that's all for me. I have a mountain of laundry to do, a house to clean, a workout to get done, kids to entertain...ahhh, the restful life of a housewife!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #515  

Hey girls,
Just a quick hello, as I need to get ready to go. My sister and I are going to see Julie & Julie and then going out to lunch. We're going to P.F. Chang's and I've already picked out what I'm going to eat that will fit into my points for the day.

Anyway, good news today! I weighed in at 189.5, which was my goal for the month (to get under 190).

My new goal for August will be to drop 3 more pounds which will put me at 186.5.

ruth-there is actually a rice specifically for sushi. I think it's just called sushi rice, but it makes it much easier to make sushi. I think the regular stuff just doesn't stick together enough.

Delphi- As I just went through a week of computer problems, I wish you lots of luck with yours!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #516  

chickiessssssssssssssss, Happy friday quickie post as im running late and dh is waiting for me, He is on vaca until maybe next thurs. and we may be taking off for some day trips but I will sneak in when I can. I hop eyou all are fantastic and have a super day!

Darby and Aclaia,,,,,,,,,,, congratulations to you both :c heer3:

congrats to all on the losses and on striving towards a healthier us!

Sandye, I will do an edit to the list when I get back and put your new goals down. I'm not taking your red away though, you earned that! I will just add whatever additional loss you like to add. hug. great point about not judging those who post infrequently, absolutely not!!! We get busy sometimes, etc. Also, sometimes people leave the threads for a while and then come back later, a month, a few months down the road, etc. We get busy in our lives sometimes and or for whatever reason we are always thrilled upon our ladies return! I have t o run.....ty for the water reminder, it really helps so much

MsP,,,,, hope your having a wonderfullllllllll time playing golf. I did a 60 min. walk yesterday, I will have to go in later and update my minutes. Ty for the kind words

Ladies, keep up the great work. A big hi to all of you.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #517  

Our August members thus far... We have a sister thread titled "August Exercise Challenge" for those of you who would like to join us over there as well.

FullSteamAhead: get to last lowest weight and drop a couple of lbs.
sstolte: get below 210
jeweliek: lose 12 lbs., run 48 miles, weight training 3x/wk.
crazymamaof4: lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!! try more new recipes, eat my fruits +veggies, try calorie cycling, + include more good fats in my diet.
canadianangel: report here everyday, be 205, minimum 50 miles running on treadmill.
UniquelyNormal: eat healthy + exercise.
TERAPET: lose 6 lbs.
Delphi: lose 10 lbs., maintain a 1, 000 calorie deficit 6 days a week.
inthemidst: lose 10 lbs., eat OP, not get sidetracked on vaca., + not let school freak me out.
dcapulet: lose 6 lbs., maintain good eating habits, start getting some work done for school, 1200 min. ex.
Darby1: lose 6lbs. to get under 190--MET GOAL!! Lose another 3 lbs. ex. 5x/wk, work on a ST program, stay within WW points every day.
nellonello: get to 199
ajowens: lose 8lbs. to get to 158, eat all vegetable servings, + walk everday.
misspiggy408: say "buy-bye" to the 140's, wight training 3x/wk, cardio 4x/wk, + no beer during the week.
UrthWurm: lose 6 lbs., eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 3x/wk, walk 1x/day.
MissMallee: lose 5lbs., eat balanced meals, + start exercising regularly again.
NewShinyMe: eat OP 6 days/wk, journal food intake, keep track of water intake, + stay accountable on weekends.
LateToTheGame: lose 7-10 lbs., 3 days ST + 3 days cardio.
MountainChick: lose 5-7 lbs.
BlueIsis: 2x limit eating out at restaurants, no ice cream or alcohol, reach 120's.
mamatoni: lose 11 lbs. to reach onderland, ex. 5x/wk. No dessert with the exception of elephant ear at fair.
merose: lose 7lbs. to get to 174.
ernurse: lose 2 lbs. per/wk, stay within WW points, 4 bottles water daily, + give support at site daily.
MsPerception: take a multivitamin most days, get into the 140's.
Wifey: lose 10 lbs. +drink a lot of water
Pucedaisy: get down to 145.
wanting2b140: lose 10lbs. to get to 228
chunksoflove: lose 12.5 lbs. to get to 240.
Ruth135: lose 3-5 lbs.
Tummygirl: Lose 8lbs. to hit 177.
bbee: Lose 6 lbs.
Aclai4067: By Aug. 7- no longer morbidly obese--MET GOAL!! By Aug. 13- reach 10% target--MET GOAL!! No candy through Aug.21 (started July 21). Down to 255 by Aug. 31.
princess2323: start exercising again, workout 1 hr. a day, get eating in order, + get into the 140's.
iamren: lose 9lbs.
Shrinking Girl: lose 6lbs, goal weight for end of August is 217.5
Sunny Gee: lose 5.5 lbs. to get to 157.5
Jacque9999: see 125 sometimes in August--MET GOAL!! try new foods...health foods! + tone more and lose more belly fat.
susie martin: lose 10lbs. and do a daily chick check in.
ladyfyre: lose 11lbs, take my lunch to work...no more fast food, get to the gym 3x/wk, at least a 1/2 hr. of daily exercise and never be rushed in the morning.
loriehohlf: no post weight in off plan eating, track what I eat, continue with my activity and keep losing.
HeatherEljohari: goal weight of 169.8, 3x/wk at the gym...60+mins. a pop. 40 15 lb. weights, + 40 sit-ups.
KEmery08: venture into the 150's + get involved in some sort of ex. class.
lookingtobehealthy: goal weight of 225.
nellonello: get into onderland.
khunter: lose 7lbs. to get to 145.
Mystical: lose 6-8lbs.
BKKchick: lose approx. 5 lbs. to get to goal weight of 114.5
gillychicks115: lose 5lbs, keep it off, + start strength training more.
rcrough: drink 2.5 liters of water/day, stay OP, + no mindless snacking.
mars540: lose 10lbs., fit a size 8 by Sep.1, + no excuses.
shasha17a: lose 8 lbs.
naz: lose 10lbs.
75togo: lose 8lbs. + ex. 45 min. 4x/wk.
Phenomenal Woman: lose 6 lbs. + ex. somehow everyday.
sotypical: Lose some weight.
Ja23: Lose some pounds.
Jeannep:
smileydd: to go from 251
echo: lose 8lbs.
glutio: lose 5-10 lbs.
jessicado22: get into the 260's. Fit into small size 20 pants.
twilightfan: Lose 10 lbs.
Lisan1128: lose 5lbs.+ exercise 4-5x/wk.
Hotsplashes: get out of the 180's
MrsVegan00: lose 7-10 lbs., keep up running with DH, stay on fiber and cut out junk food like chips, and drink lots of water.
holamamacita: be 195 lbs.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #518  

If I miss anyone on the list, girls make sure and tell me. hugssssssssss
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #519  

Height: 6'1

jeannep- What kind of scale is it? We have two tanitas at home, one just tells weight and the other one tells fat% and I think water hydration. How does your scale tell you your hydration? I don't use that one because I'm use to mine which just does the weight.

Delphi- Sorry to hear about your computer. My laptop at home is being dumb too. Once I turn it on I have to leave it alone for like 10 minutes before I can attempt to start the internet. Hope you feel better soon from your day of painting.

Jeweliek- I love nailpolish. I used to collect them, but I it took forever to use it up and then they would get wierd. Good for you treating yourself. I think we all need to do that every now and then. Also yay for the loss. Even if its unofficial. Let us know how it goes at the weight loss center.

ruth135- wow! 14,000 steps is incredible. My mom recently started using a pedometer and shes been telling me to get one. I think I will order it off amazon. How was the shrimp? It sounds delicious! Sorry the sushi didn't turn out that good. I love bok choy though, I need to make it sometime.

Aclai4067- Congrats on meeting all your goals so far. You are chugging right along.

mystical- Ugh I hate it when weight goes up for a few days. That happened to me this week too. Glad to hear yours is going in the right direction now.

jessicado22- Congrats on the 2lb loss and making the right decision at subway.

crazymamaof4- yuck, I hate hot and humid weather. I know whenever I go see my family overseas in the summer time, I will take a shower and get dressed and start sweating immediatly. I wish I didn't have weekend plans, it would make it easier to eat OP. But I think I will be fine because I last weekend I kept thinking that I shouldn't mess up and then have to confess here. It will keep me on track.

darby1- I so want to go see that movie. Let us know how it was when you get back. Congrats on meeting your goal for the month.

So I'm annoyed. I was down 2 lbs on Tueday right after Aunt Flo and today I'm back up. So that means I maintained from last week. It frusterates me because I'm still so early in the game. I figured that I would atleast be able to get through 1 month without stalling. I think maybe I need to up my calories. Right now I'm between 1600-1800, and maybe I should be eating that once I get to 220? I don't know. I'm starting training sessions at the gym next week and I will see what the trainer says. I know I already mentioned this, but I'm going to a bbq this weekend at DBF's grandmas house. Its about 5 hours away and we are leaving tonight. Yuck to LA traffic. Usually when we leave town, we eat on the way out. I told him that I'm going to make some salad tonight and he better love it, lol. I'm so excited to see his family and my parents are driving down for the day tomorrow as well. I will get my workout in tomorrow. I looked up my gym in that area since I can go go any of them in other towns, but they closed it down. But his mom is kind enough to get me a 2 day guest pass at her gym so that will help me stap OP atleast as far as working out goes. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday, TGIF everyone!

Last edited by shasha17a; 08-14-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #520  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi all!

just killing a little time before full scale vacation packing and planning happens. Im not having a great week; but not terrible. I think i really need to stick to counting calories... something i hate doing but need to in order to be honest. yarg...

it's almost the weekend!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #521  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

I just had to stop in and share with all of you... I am finally back to the 216 lbs... Where I began the first of the month with but with all the roller coaster rides this month I am just glad to be back down and the scale going down and not up two days in a row Yippee.... I am so excited and really looking forward to a great future of a healthy lifestyle... Thanks for your support you ladies are awesom... Hope you all have a wonderful day... I'll check in later.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #522  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies!

I'm here it's hot and beautiful. We went sight seeing yesterday after we landed from our overnight flight (with no sleep ) and the wedding is tomorrow so we're super busy planning and putting all the food together, it's an outdoor event in the back yard kinda low-key but still 50 ppl after the ceremony for dinner/BBQ. Went for a jog this morning, and 35 minutes here in this humidity and with these hills, OMG that was enough, but great workout none the less.

Foods been pretty good at least on my end when ya can't control the ingredients you sure have to go teeny tiny with the portions! It's been good and everyone has been very understanding as I knew they would be. And the best part, my fil and soon to be mil almost had their jaws fall off when we got off the plane, shocked at how I looked. It was awesome, and now mil wants to go hiking with me on my days I'm not jogging cuz i'm so darn "skinny" was her word, lol.

Gotta run back to help out downstairs with veggie chopping and something or other. TTFN
Old 08-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #523  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Stupid scale was up a little this morning. Not quite a pound though....but still a gain and not a loss....
Oh well, I know it happens to the best of us!
I have made a new goal of not snacking at night....am hoping maybe if I quit doing that, it will help speed things up. Already got in 1 1/2 hrs exercise today, so off to a good start to hopefully see a loss tomorrow!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #524  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Afternoon everyone
Doing a quickie drive bye.

So busy that I didn't take my walk this a.m.

Doing well - but not as OP as I could be.
I skipped my Sunday weigh -in & will weigh in on August 31.

Should keep me in suspense & more OP to see if I make my August goal.
I'm off.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #525  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Well I think I am alright now. Thanks for all the well wishes. The great thing about being a geek, is that you know a lot of geeks. Collectively we all brainstormed and it was indeed the graphics card I installed a few months back. So after I cleaned the motherboard, fans and the card...it was good to go. So I'll be back later or in the morning to catch up on personals and all of your news. I just love reading it. I think people are fascinating. Anywho, I'm doing well, POP...as usual, and just trying to let my poor body heal up. I'm hopeful that I can get back to my routine by Monday...it's killing me not to. I feel so lazy when I'm not exercising myself into the ground.
Closed Thread