Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
thanks all, for your encouragement.

Jeweliek- I am right there with you. my son starts the 6th grade in a few weeks. If they start this early, when do they finish school?

trying to be on plan, no more, no less.
They don't get out until around June 1st. I don't get it....back home in ND they start nearly a week and a half late and end the beginning of May. Not here!

Good Luck being on plan!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Crazymomof4 - You are doing so great. Thank you for the understanding about my baby going to 6th grade (many of you commented, thanks). I know you have had a rough time, but you should be so proud of how far you have come. I'm glad that you found confidence. You could share some with me....I am slowly growing my own!

Me.....the water pound has left me. I am back to 186.5 and ready to lose!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #468  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Jewel ~ on letting go of that water. I have fingers crossed that I can let lose of the huge amounts of water I am carrying around.

MsP ~ on another pound biting the dust. Cheers m'lady!

FSA ~ I'm with MsP on this one..I'm thrilled to see you posting so much. Sounds like you have been keeping busy on and off the web. Take it easy dear.

Inthemidst ~ Me too. I'm glad there is a name for it. I'll have to borrow that one.

Sandye ~ So what's the verdict? Rather, what's the new goal, or will you be setting it per month or what? For me, yeah the painting did me in and I can barely walk today..I don't know what I did wrong, but dammmmmmmmmmmn I feel awful and good golly at all the water I'm retaining due to it. I need to drink more water, but I'm having a hard time doing that these days, with less exercise than I'm used to. Hahaha...I just ducked..you'll have to catch me to get me with your frying pan....hahhahaha! Yeppers, I'm having problems with my water...dunno. I need to readjust my goals maybe for this month to ensure I make myself drink it..eh?

Shrinking ~ Hi
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #469  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Good morning ladies, I see that it is very busy here this morning... I had a very late night last night waiting for DH to get home... I always try to make sure he has a hot meal when he gets home, that can be difficult when we never know how late he is going to working. I made a pork loin roast, broccol-cauliflower steamed for him. I am still at the same weight today so hopefully I will start losing again very soon with the eating habbits getting back to normal and the exercise routine picking back up. Hope you all have a great day, I'll check in later.... Off to do some laundry...
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #470  

Good morning, ladies. I had the same problem as Shasha last night; wrote a huge post and hit the wrong button and it disappeared forever. So annoying.

Anyway, Sandye, congratulations on hitting your goal! It's so exciting and very inspiring.

Well, I had a bit of a whoosh, and I'm down to 191.5, which is super exciting. So exciting, in fact, I decided to take a little money out of my savings account and treat myself to a few things I need. Why is it when you have the money and the time to shop you can't find anything? I need jeans and bras, but no luck on either. I finally just bought a pair of sunglasses, because they fit! I'm right in between sizes right now, so nothing looks right. I think I need to get a professional bra fitting too, because the one's I tried on didn't look quite right. I have no idea what I wear anymore. I used to wear a 40D (with bra extenders) and now I'm swimming in them. Any ideas where I can get fitted where the bras don't cost an arm and a leg?

I'm off to do laundry (so fun).

Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #471  

S/C/G: 189.2/ see ticker /160

Height: 5'7"

CMO4 and SG- The first time I ran 10 minutes without stopping the last time I did the C25K I expected the heavens to open up and angels to sing because it seemed like a miracle. It's a great program though, and it will get you there.
CMO4- Congrats on reaching your goal. It makes me so happy to see others succeed.
Well, today I'm doing C25K week 3 after work. I have a terrific heart rate monitor/GPS tracker. It is a Garmin Forerunner 305. I also have a Polar F11 that I use for indoor workouts. They both rock. I love data. (The inner geek emerges when I work out.)
I'm also going to buy a new scale. I think since I'm getting one anyway I'll get the bf% and hydration measuring kind.
Tomorrow I'm going to the driving range with the boyfriend. I'm so bad at golf, but it's fun anyway. I'm excited already.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning -

Shasha - How was kickboxing? I really enjoyed my class a few weeks ago, hope yours went as well. Oh, sounds like it was great, and pretty soon you won't have so many clothes so it won't be so bad They'll all be too big!

MsP- Holy shrinking lady! 152! What the heck is in your water down there? Good for you. Just send the water weight over here, I won't have a scale for two weeks so I won't even care, I can strap on like two three of bloat for ya, just let me know.

FSA - I look forward to finding exercise minutes done when I get back! Yup, todays the last day and running is done and just some strength training for an hour this afternoon, just have to decide on which body part it's going to be. Sounds like you're doing wonderfully well, I too think that planning is 90% of the battle, each day knowing what I'm going to eat ahead of time takes all the stress out of it and the temptation. I'm looking forward to a glass of wine or two while we're away, FIL makes his own wine, from scratch, no kits, it's nuts but it's the yummiest stuff ever. I'm at 181 today and that's 4lbs to goal so I will weigh on the 27th and let ya know, honestly I'm going be super happy to come home and see any version of 170 something, one pound a week on vacation would be great, but 4 would be better

CMo4 - Your very welcome, I was actually kinda surprised how excited I was reading that yesterday, I actually clapped and bounced in my desk chair, it was rather humourous. But it just felt so long to me so I know it must have felt like forever. I love my Polar too, I find I don't notice the strap either, unless it comes out of the wash and it's a bit tight, can't breathe well then. I took my readings morning to morning too. I have to take my measurements today too I almost forgot so I'll do that and you grab your pictures and we're set. I'll be gone until late on the 26th, 13 days total. I am going to try and check in as fil does have a computer and internet so it just depends on who's sleeping in the office, if it's us then I'm golden and if it's my sil and her bf then somewhat more limited. It depends how difficult I find things out there, the harder it is the more I need to check in, kwim? I'm gonna miss everyone too, it's like my second virtual family, lol. You know I was thinking about what you said about me going through the 180's fast and I thought, maybe but not super fast, but you know you're right, I checked my records, it's been 2 and a half weeks since I hit 189 and down another 0.4 today. That is pretty fast. I have been working out a ton though so that it largely it and I've pulled my calories up to 1600-1800 too so I guess that made a difference. This break will be good to let my body rest a bit and adjust itself. I'm glad school went great for the boys, it's always nice to get those first day jitters out of the way. You're my hero today hun, I think you put it so nicely, it's scarely to see this huge number, like however can we do it, it's soooo big but then you get to a place where you know it's gonna take time and effort and tears but it's yours, you know in your guts that it isn't so big anymore and you've got all that it takes to make it, and you always did, you just didn't know.

Ruth - That sounds beautiful, I love a nice green in a bathroom, my last house had a colour in that neighbourhood, great getting in your workout too.

Delphi - ROFL, naked mirror dancing is all I do these days! If the light is just right and I flex and stand on my hands and twist my legs I can see ab muscles baby! Just the tops one mind you but those are abs too. It's cool how when you get lower you can see the difference so mauch faster, 5 lbs makes a huge difference and 10 is like crazy! At the beginning it must have been 25 down b/f you could really tell. Well we'll have lots of time to catch up when I get back and you're like 179lbs! Crazy we're gonna be in the 170's soon, never mind everyone else, we're gonna be checking our own selves out. Keep fighting the good fight hun and I'll be checking in, LOL, I was just gonna say something about that...I do love the colour though and that bed that's some serious S&M action there.

Shrinking - I so loving running outside too. Also, I find it helpful to move forward and see the movement towards goal, like just make it to that telephone pole or run faster until that tree and so on. And I bet you're just gonna shock yourself when you start running farther, the way they did that program you have a few tougher days but you're body is totally ready for it and in the later stages you get a tougher day then they back you off it for a bit with some easier days before another hard one and so on. Three months ago I was agonizing to everyone over not being able to get up off the toilet after a morning run that was 15 minutes long or something. I try to be upbeat, I have a really hard time with ppl that are down all the time, we all get like that from time to time but you know some ppl are just negative? Ya, don't ever want to be like that so I choose to live out loud and get excited about almost everything. The energy however is something I have sfound recently, good food and 8 hours of sleep! I can't wait to come back and see how you guys are doing on week 4, OMG!

Inthemidst - Any way you can paticipate is exactly how we like it, whatever works, some of us are really long winded chatterboxes and that works for us. Glad you're on track!

JewelieK - Woohoo on the water weight leaving you alone and you're doing awesome!

Mystical - Hey there, glad you're totally in the groove, I'm excited to see how you're doing when I get back, you'll be well into HIIT by then too. That's one sweet wife you are too! I'm like that too, I always make mine a plate and set it aside, I hate to see the man I love eating chips for supper when he gets home at 10.

So I have a few exciting things today, first a weird food related NSV. My dh was eating my fav chips the other day and they smelt weird, not gross but strange and not appealing. I was so excited about this, I stuck my nose right in that huge bag (ketcup chips, those were the best!) and they smelt like chemicals or artifical flavor or something weird. I've had this with diet pepsi now I've been without since July 2 or so and when I had a tiny sip a few weeks ago I spit it out. It's neat that if you stay away from processed stuff long enough it takes like the crap it is! It sure makes it easier to stay on plan when you're old cheat food tastes like rocket fuel!

I ran farther today than I ever have before, I ran a full 6K. This may seem odd given that I run for over 40 minutes but I have a huge hill in the middle of my road, it's about a 30% grade and it really slows ya down, takes about 10 mintues to get over it. So that rocked today too. Yesterday a guy on the street fully cranked his head around to check me out and then winked, cuz after all I turned around to make sure that's what he was doing, LOL, shameless I know.

And last but certainly not least, down another 0.4 today, that's four days with four loses and 2lbs total, as Sandye said, gotta be in it to win it. What a marvelous day, I'm going to finish the packing, (BDay party was cancelled for bday girl illness which was too bad) and just revel in the fantasticness of a delightful day. And most likely dance around naked in front of the mirror a bit. And then get to go and spend a wonderful two weeks with my in-laws who are funny, loving, fantastic ppl in one of the most beautiful places on the east coast.

Love ya ladies, I'll be back later to check out some pictures of Sandye , TTFN
Old 08-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hello Everyone!!

So many people to post to..I will do it en masse!! Sorry I can't do it person by person!

Thanks for the help with the ticker info everyone. Gonna try Jaque's suggestion and change Tickers.

Shrinking Girl.. Thank you for the positive feedback. I think the only way I could lose 5lbs per week is come down with the worst flu ever and never leave the toilette!lol.

For those of you with kids... In school already??? None of the kids up here go back until September 8th!!! Go figure...

The garden is still taking forever to produce any veggies. The tomatoes are so big but unripe they are splitting. I think the peppers will go that way also. Carrots are... ok...not great.. but not overly bad either. Onions are ok also.. Lettuce actually did ok! I'm very proud of my purple carrots tho.. I didn't think they would take but they did!!

Ok.. off to tackle another few articles for the week before I hear from my agent and the editor!

Hump Day ladies!! Weekend is almost here!!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #474  

Height: 6'1

Delphi: I’m still avoiding mirrors clothed, so I think it will be some time before I can do the bday suit dance thing in front of the mirror. Although my stomach does look a little flatter I noticed yesterday while I was getting into the shower.

CMO4: yay! I just knew the scale would move down. Congrats on the further downwards movement. Your 50lbs loss is so motivational for me. I know I have a whole bunch of weight to lose, but seeing others do it shows me that IT CAN BE DONE.

jacquee: I’m the same way. My official weigh in is Friday because I figure if I eat a little more on weekends, I have that extra leeway to make up for it the following Friday. I don’t know if its good or bad, but it certainly works for me.

shrinking girl: kudos to you for working out outside. I’m so self conscious, even though my boyfriend assures me that no one is staring/judging runners. Its funny because when I see runners outside, I don’t judge, I really admire them. Hopefully once I’m happier with my appearance I will be more self confident.

FSM: kickboxing is so much fun. The only thing I struggle with is getting to the class. Once I’m there I love it. I wish my couch wasn’t so comfy, hehe.

MsP: Yay for another pound lost.

jeweliek: I love it when the water weight leaves me. I hate retaining water esp because I feel like my tummy got bigger.

mystical: mmm your dinner sounded yummy . I need to start making pork more to get some variety in my kitchen. Come to think of it, I don’t think I have ever cooked pork.

darby1: congrats on the loss! And I so agree with you about the money thing. Whenever I have the money to spend, nothing fits. Once I start losing weight, I wish I had more money for the cute things I see.

As for me, another fun day on the job. I have packed an awesomely healthy snacks/lunch for myself today. I was kinda spazzy this morning because I was in a rush and I packed my gym bag and left for work. Then I remembered that I forgot to pack my workout shoes. Oh well, will just go home, put my shoes on and leave immediately. Also my ipod is still dead..boooo. But it will be easier for me to do weights without it rather than do cardio without music. So today, weight training it is. Tonight my boyfriend’s old roommate and his gf are coming over. I really like her a lot and she has become one of my best friends. We are going out for dinner, like a little double date. I’m in charge of picking a restaurant (as usual), but that’s good! I’m going to pick one where I can see the menu online and decide before we leave what I’m going to eat.

Last edited by shasha17a; 08-12-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #475  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
my baby going to 6th grade
I missed that one...sorry. Know that is hard when they get older. My baby just got his learner's permit...my oldest will graduate from college and my middle starts college this year...

Enjoy every moment you have with them...it goes sooooooo quickly!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #476  
There is no spoon!

Shasha ~ Haha..well have fun tonight, sounds like you gals can catch up and have a groovy time. Oh yeah, and it's funny what we notice in the shower ..eh?

Hotsplashes ~ Yup, we started back like the 3rd or something..but then again we get out the beginning of May to..so I guess it evens out.

Tummy ~ Wow.. a lot of super duper groovy news from Ms. lookatmerunningI'mhot Tummy. Rofl You go girl...as long as you're not causing traffic to come to a stand still you're alright...You could always dawn a Marilyn Monroe dress and stand on the side of the road, with one of those cheap hand fans....ROFL..hahhahahaha..and when you do.. I WANT PICTURES!!! Too cool. on all the lovely NSV's to. It is nice how those so called "comfort foods" are now repulsive ..eh? It's an excellent NSV. I'm so proud of you...I hope you know that.

jean ~ Have fun at the range tomorrow..Can I go? Enjoy!

Darby
~ on the loss.

Mystical
~ Hey darling how goes it?

Last edited by Delphi; 08-12-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Okay, want to get these up ASAP so Tummy doesn't come after me

First the dreaded 'Before Picture' Ugh...I was so miserable! This was in Jan. of this year weighing in at 200 lbs

Sorry, can't find the individual pics for June so here's the one I posted back then--this is at 31 lbs gone! 169'ish I believe wearing size 14's

And finally, today at 149.2 and wearing size 10's!

Like I said, I have a ways to go, but man am I glad I took pics to see where I've been!!!

There, now I can breathe easy knowing Tummy isn't after me! I'll be back in a few to catch up and post personals!!!!

You ARE drinking your water aren't you?

Last edited by iDream; 08-12-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #478  
There is no spoon!

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN......Crazymomma ****...more like SEXYmomma! Oh wow, you just look smokin' hot. Hot Hot hot! You're my hero! OH MY GOSH, I'm just trippin' out! You look fabulous Sandye. I'm just over the moon lookin' at your smile. Awesomeness!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #479  

Height: 6'1

tummy the class was a lot of fun. Its such a great workout and works out parts of the body in ways that machines don't. Tomorrow I'm going to take a step aerobics class. Those are a lot of fun, but requires a knowledge of the steps. I have been doing it on and off for about 10 years so it should be fun. Oh and you are freaking hot, so better get used to getting winks and catcalls!

cmo4 I'm so bummed my stupid work computer has a firewall and won't let me see the pics. I'm sure you looking amazing. I can't wait to go home and see them.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Okay, now for personals...

ITM (formerly known as Inthemidst )~ hun, don't sweat it! I know what you mean though, I used to write every little thing I wanted to say--but then Jacqui suggested opening up another window and switching back and forth--bless her heart, she saved me so much trouble! And for what it's worth, I CRS either--what with 4 kids sucking all the brain cells right out of my head and all

FSA~ I hope your visit is great today! Thanks for asking about the chili recipe and thank her for letting us have it! I'm looking forward to Fall, it's my favorite time of year! I'm sure I'll hit a couple of snags, but at least I know I'll just hop back up and keep on going now.

MsP~ woo hoo on the extra lb down! And don't fret, there's no way I'm helpin' TOM dish out extra water weight to you! Keep runnin' hun!!!

Jewelie~ thanks hun! I know you'll make your goal--just look at how far you've come!!! You're over half way to your goal! That's just fantastic!!! Confidence sure is a wonderful thing isn't it? Let's never forget to hold on tight to it! Congrats on getting rid of that water weight too!!

dangit...hit the wrong key, posted before I was finished...off to finish now...

Last edited by iDream; 08-12-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Closed Thread