Old 04-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

So this morning's workout was kind of sucky ....but I think i was just tired from the past two days. BUT I got new workout clothes. I LOVE buying workout clothes and sneakers ( well I love buying anything) As with the bathing suits I have a ton of them, except this year they may actually look nice. But I have to get a new because wel...why not???

Prepping - Thanks. I am really trying hard. Woohoo for the skirt! I love skirts especially short ones (I have always liked my legs). I have heard about isometrics but when I read up on them it seemed weird. I think I would have to have someone show me and then I could get the hang of it

Susan - Yay you are in the 140's how awesome!!!!! I am not doing weights today but, how about push-ups? does that count?

Spooky - That happened with me. I was workingout but not eating any extra points. But once I started eating my FP I started losing weight and then that stopped and i had to re-vamp again. Good luck with that.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Susan, LOL at wearing in the back yard. I have a couple like that too... I'm hoping they're just normal scandolous rather than obscene scandolous by the time July rolls around. hahaha

Cake, boo to the sucky workout. But your body is just trying to say it's tired and that's okay! You've worked out your muscles and they need a day or so to recoup. Mine did the exact same to me yesterday -- they didn't really hurt, they just were tired. I also bought a couple workout shirts yesterday! My washing machine broke down and won't be repaired until Monday so I didn't have any clean ones left and refused to wear my fiance's workout shirt (can't be looking like a grub at the gym lol). The good thing is I FINALLY have a couple longer shirts! I always have such a hard time finding them long enough because I have a long torso but wear a medium. They don't expect medium ppl to be tall i guess. And I envy your leg confidence. I certainly don't have it. Which may be surprising considering i love showing them off with high heels. weird, i know.

OH! and to all of you that are exercising and thinking that upping your food intake may be a good idea, i've been doing it too and it's definately worked for me! WAY more energy plus the weight has been falling off. (i guess that only applies if you're upping them with *good* calories like fruits and veggies vs. empty ones.)

Last edited by prepping; 04-09-2009 at 10:56 AM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #183  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Just poppin' in here. Things are going well. I have been slacking exercise wise, but I was exercising every day plus my 9 hour work shifts. Let's just say I don't have an easy sit down job. I have been rather exhausted, so I am taking a few days off to just get some sleep, eat well, and relax. Well, today I did some monstrous cleaning. But that was needed.

I hope all of you ladies are doing good, and from what I can tell, you are! Have a great night. I'll do personals later!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Pushups count. They're hard!

I did good exercise-wise but I think I ate more than usual. It's like that tho' isn't it? Exercise makes you hungry? Especially if it's walking outside in the nice fresh spring air?

OK now ... buckle down for the weekend. Brunch tomorrow, no Easter breakfast at church for me on Sunday (because I work) but Sunday afternoon ... the kids are all coming ....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, I went to the gym today and did my C25K workout (week 4, day 2). It was hard towards the end. I'm thinking that I probably need to slow down a bit and that I should run outside more often. If I'm serious about running in VA beach over labor day (and I'm not sure that I am) then I'll need to train outdoors to get used to the heat/humidity of the season. So my new rule is that it's ok to run at the gym on a day I'm working -- because it's quicker and easier -- but other than that I'm running outside. So Saturday I'll be running in the park.
With the skinny people. Or, rather, behind the skinny people. LOL.
I upped my food intake today. I was about 16 points behind (!!) for the day so I got half a BLT and a cookie. I have a lean cuisine flatbread to eat this morning if I'm hungry but right now I'm not.
Tomorrow I'm looking forward to doing MORE shopping. I need jeans. I'm not sure what size I am anymore. I've been fitting into some 18s here and there so I'll see. I also have a kettlebell workout in the am and maybe some wii fit/boom blox/mindless fun in the evening.
Saturday is a run, WW weigh in, and a manicure.

Susan - Some days I am so hungry I feel like I have a tapeworm. Other days time flies by and I can hardly eat my points for the day. Good luck this weekend, I'm sure you'll do great!

Wormwood - Rest a little! It's so difficult to coordinate food/exercise with sleep and long shifts. It's hard on my 12 hour shift days. We need to do a massive cleaning here, too.

Prepping - I'm interested to hear more about your isometrics! And I can't remember the last time I wore a skirt. I am going to try to find some closer fitting jeans to wear with heels, though, and that's a start.

Cake - You are doing so great! I can't wait to hear your WI. Off workouts happen to the best of us.

Everyone else -- I am so proud of all of us! We rock!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Yay! Today is Friday! So excited! BF still doesn’t know I am taking to Richmond for the bday but his friends do so I don’t have to worry about unexpected plans…hehe. I can’t wait to get outta this biotch!!!! I am a little worried about Saturday because now that am I81.4 (OH yeah because I lost 3 YES 3 pounds) I don’t want to be going the other way. Like it is cool if I go the other through no fault of my own but if I know I didn’t wat well or whatever it is gonna suck…

Spooky - you live in VA beach?? I live in hampton! How cool. You are doing awesome with your running too little lady. We are gonna be so HOT for the beach this year. What kind of run are you doing over labor day?

Susan - Do you haev to make easter baskets too??

Wormwood- WE all have to get in some rest or we won't be any good for the rest of the workouts. I think you made a good decision!

Prepping - HI honey!!!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #187  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

good morning. i had a house guest last night so i did not get any exercising done. my mom spent the night last night because she was having work done on her car and they end up with a broken bolt and where not able to finish it yesterday so she was stranded. ( she lives 45 min away and in her area there are not many choices for car work so she comes down by me.) i am down another pound this morning 177
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #188  

Morning!

No Easter baskets. My kids are all grown. My challenges this weekend are all food someone else is providing
Old 04-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Good morning ladies!

I was completely MIA yesterday. It was a hectic day. But I did wake up early and got my workout of the way (I knew it would most likely be impossible any other time)! Food was also good. Im starting to feel like this way of eating is starting to stick!

Cake & Susan I have been working out more lately. And I have found it hard to stick to 1200. Ive added a few healthy snacks and my totals this week have been around 1400-1500. Good news, I lost a pound so far so maybe thats what I needed? I usually do about an hour of some sort of cardio at the gym (spinning, step, etc) and about 30 min of strength.

Susan Way to go on the 140s!

Spooky Good for you! You'll look great in that bathing suit!

Cake Shopping!!!! Its the best, enjoy those new bathing suits. Im sure you'll look smoking! 3 pounds!!!!!! Thats amazing!!! woot woot

Prepping I agree! Ive been uping my calories for only a few days and already feel a difference! Funny how the body works, huh?
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #190  

I am new here!! But I think that this is a great Challenge. I have recently lost 18 lbs. Which for me is huge. My goal is a total of 40 more. I know that I can do this. My goal is to lose 20 lbs before Memorial Day. I think that I can to it! I am currently 182 and 5'5" and 29. My goal is to lose these last 40 lbs before my 30th birthday!!
werkinonskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

I'm not doing so well. I'm maintaining my weight because I go on and off, one day following my plan, the next day eating spaghetti or whatever... I'm walking half as much as I ought to, and not doing very much else for exercise. I don't believe I'll make my goal by the first day of summer at this point. I'm seriously considering returning to vegetarianism today. I had a gruesome dream last night. I was my very thinnest as a vegetarian, so that may work in my favor. I'm happy not to have gained weight, though.
shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #192  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

So I went to the gym tonight. It felt good. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical and spent 30 minutes strength training (legs & abs). Afterwards DF and I went for a mile walk to cool down. I'll be doing the same tomorrow, just working my arms. I found a machine that will help my "back boobies". I ABSOLUTELY HATE THEM.

Spooky - Shopping is fun. My 18s were getting loose so I decided to grab a fresh pair of 16s and some plain shirts. Little did I know the 16s would fit. I also take an XL shirt now. A little snug but I don't buy clothes that fit perfectly anymore since I will grow out of them too fast.

CakeBatter - WTG on losing 3lbs!!

shrinkingviolet - At least you have been maintaining! I remember when I had more off days then on. Just pick yourself back up and get back into the game! Revise your goal to suit your needs.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:26 AM   #193  

Morning everyone!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Good morning!

I just wrote out a huge bit about my challenge and success regarding my battle with chocolate and an Easter feast but realized that I sounded just a bit too OC.... so let's just say that I was perfectly and wonderfully good yesterday. And i have full intention of being able to say the same after the next easter feast on Sunday.

Unfortunately I am missing my spinning class today because i came down with a cold and have a problem with the whole breathing part. So I'll just be working on my isometrics at least a couple times today. My next spinning class is on Tuesday so I should be okay by then. I have all my workouts planned in my schedule for the next 8 weeks! no excuses

wormwood, Glad to hear you had a good workout after your much-needed break there. I always find it the strength workouts that make me feel the best.

Susan, There's not really a problem over-eating as long as you're over-eating good things! vegetables and fruit are a-ok. My trainer was saying that some recommendations are made to eat upwards of 15 servings a day to get all the nutrients we need because of soil being depleted. (that's how i survived the easter dinner. Especially essential when the dessert tray was put right in front of me. greeeaaaaat. lol) And good luck with the rest of the weekend! At least if you're going elsewhere for food it means it doesn't have to come home with you.

Spooky, sounds like you're rocking the workouts! And have some busy days ahead of you. I especially like the manicure part. I'll have to give myself one today and pretend that I'm in a spa. lol And who knows, you may really find out that you love running outside and it more than prepares you for your labour day run! You have some time About the isometrics, it's hard to explain because I really don't have much experience yet. But a great and simple way to see how it works is stretch one arm out and back as far as you comfortably can. Push your hand against something at that reach (like a wall) for 6 seconds. Then extend your arm out to your farthest reach backwards and you'll find that you just improved your flexibility by quite a few inches. That's a fairly simple example but it's training your mind to connect to certain muscles and turn them on so that they work properly. Definately helps having a professional because I looked online for more information and was utterly confused.

Cake, 3 pounds?!!! that rocks lady!!!! All that work is paying off huge Enjoy your trip with the BF! I'm sure the both of you will have an awesome mini-vaca.

Mrsaugie, wtg on the loss!

Aimee, this whole lifestyle is such a mental challenge and it's awesome when you're able to say this way of eating is going to stick. Sounds like you're doing great

workinonskinny, Welcome!!!

shrinkingviolet, you had a dream that turned you back to a vegetarian???? That'd be a nightmare for me!!!! lol I'm sorry, i like my meat. mmm. But hey, if that's how you achieved your goals last time and it works for you, then why not.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm right on track, 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks! at this rate, I'll be in ONEderland by the end of april!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote