Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
There is so much wisdom and good advice in preppingbride's post but I'm going to jaunt off with this point. I'm sure that if you talk to the Maintainers, they'll tell you that other people's food is trouble. Restaurant, take-out, family dinners, work freebies ... Anything you didn't plan for can be trouble!

Of course we're proud of carrying our lunch and snacks! We're taking control of our intake, taking responsibility and not leaving it to chance. Congratulations to us!
Exactly

Prepping - ilove preparing my food and take in pride in what I bring. And you are so right no one gets this outside of 3FC becuase preparation is everything! WTG on health analysis. You are doing awesome!

Woormwood- I eat frozen yogurt once a week from Costoc (16oz) that I share with the BF and then walk through the store with it. Maybe we should start eating it at the track...LOL. I like my little treats. Oh I have salad with grilled chicken ...yummy!

Booski- I eat just like I do during the week (every 2-3 hrs) and the same types of things. I still track everything that really keeps me focused. Now of course on the weekends I may have a hiccup ....however one or even hiccups won't undo my whole week.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

Things are going very well here ... I'm happy to report!

Food's good, exercise is consistent. And the scale numbers are dropping (love those decimal points)

It seems that the real motivator for me was to get through a weekend OP (of close to plan). On Monday I felt more like dusting up my plan and less like starting over.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #168  

Susan - I felt the same way. Monday there was no starting over but definitely some straightening.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #169  

What day is it? Is it too early to start a challenge to be mindful on the weekend?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #170  

I don't guess it is. However Idk how the challenge will go for me because I willbe celebrating the BF's Bday out of town! EEEK ! However I do have a plan...that is to pack healthy snacks for the trip up and during the day up until dinner. I will exercise from yesterday thru saturday and watch my portions for the Bday dinner.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #171  

Sometimes at family dinners, my sister-in-law and I go for a walk while a bunch of the others are nibbling dessert. You know that after dinner is done but the food is still there time?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

That's a good idea Susan, to go for a walk. Considering the family I'm going to doesn't even believe in vegetables I think it may be hard for me to get anyone out. lol

And I have no problem with the idea of starting a challenge to be on plan on the weekend! Even if it's a couple days away. Just reinforces it a little more... but if you have another challenge in the mean time, that's cool too.

Ladies, what can I say, I'm feeling pretty friggin awesome right now. You know why? Because my muscles feel like jello. I went spinning last night followed by a yoga class. The spinning was SO MUCH BETTER. I have a feeling that my first time was on a bad bike that had a screwy resistence. I actually had fun last night though! And my efforts have been reflecting on the scale which is WONDERFUL!!!! I've FINALLY gotten into the 170s.
And by doing it the healthy way too! i know for a fact it's not just water weight because I've been perfect with eating, eating more actually, and now working out.

bikini here i come.

How are all of you wonderful ladies??

edit: i just read over my post... seems like i'm a little happy considering the number of 's I used with capital letters and exclamation points. lol love it.

Last edited by prepping; 04-08-2009 at 10:12 AM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Hi ladies!

everything is good here. Exercise and food! Just wondering if I should up my calories? (1200 to 1500).

Have fun on your trip Cake!! You sound like you have the whole situation under control!

Susan and Prepping- Glad youre both seeing results! Thats an amazing feeling!

Last edited by aimee88; 04-08-2009 at 04:05 PM.
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #174  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

today was good i feel so uncordinated after doing my exercising tonight. it has been awhile kinda of like years since i did the kickboxing type. i am hoping that after a week or two it will be like i never stopped doing it. now to get up early tomorrow and hit it again. (walking that is) and the abs one of my slacking areas lately but no more.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #175  

Well what a great day. I am down a good bit and should have a good WI tomorrow evening! I have my food all packed for tomorrow and the gym bag all ready for my morning workout! Yay!

Aimee - Are you adding more actvity? or are you just hungry throughout the day?

MsAugie - Yeah I feel like that every time I do TURBO JAM
Old 04-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #176  

Yes, Aimee, what's up? That you think you need to change something. We'll brainstorm for you.

An inbetween challenge? Hmmm ... How about ... arms with weights? or a band? Do you all have a band? They're great for fiddling with in front of the TV in the evening.

Last edited by srmb60; 04-09-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Things are going well for me. I'm on track with food and workouts. I did skip Monday for no reason besides laziness. Tuesday we were scheduled to go for a liquor tasting but skipped that for some vacation shopping -- ended up going to Applebee's while we were out and I had only one SMALL beer and something from the WW menu, so that was awesome.
I think I'm staying around the same this week. I actually think I might need to eat a little more because I've been staying right around my points target, not using any activity points or weekly flex. So I might eat a little more the next couple days and see if that helps "loosen" anything.
I feel good, though.
I bought a swimsuit from Target. I like it. I'll like it more in about 20 lbs.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #178  

Good morning!

And a good morning it is! I am finally into the 140's. Bless them decimals one more time!

I have several bathing suit pieces that are brown mix and match. Unfortunately they're pretty small ... I should try them on. That'd be a nice goal (along with the jeans). We're going to my brothers' in August and they have a pool.

Is everybody doing arm exercises today?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Good morning! Just thought I'd mention that it's the first time since last fall that I am wearing a skirt. woo hoo! (not due to weight issues... just lazy because it's been cold and didn't feel like it.) hehe Kind of helps that I'm feeling more confident about myself though. excellent.

Also, I went to my first session with my physical trainer and it was completely different from what i expected. She was focusing on isometrics the whole time. Basically it's working from the foundation up in physical fitness and making sure that your muscles are "turned on" -- that the brain is able to speak to the muscle properly. What i got out of the session is that my brain isn't talking to my bum muscles. lol I'll keep all of you updated with the progress. haha

mrsaugie, wtg on the workout!

Cake, look at you being all on top of your game. That's awesome! Such a good feeling to be in control.

Susan, arm exercises eh? hmm... it's going to be a late night tonight so i wasn't planning on doing an actual workout but I'll be sure to do some isometrics and maybe have a go at some pushups just for you. lol That's cool that you have so many bathing suits. I don't think i ever had more than maybe 1 or 2 that I could wear in public throughout my whole life. It's only a month or so ago that i went on a bikini frenzy and accumulated a whopping 7 bathing suits all ready to go for my St. Lucia honeymoon. And there's no way i'd forget to mention CONGRATS on getting into the 140s!

Spooky, i soooo miss going shopping. I promised myself that until the wedding i wouldn't shop for anything unless i absolutely needed it (like the 2 gym shirts i bought yesterday). So maybe in June sometime I'll finally be looking for some summer clothes... probably just in time for them to already be bringing out the fall selection. lol Keep up the good work!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #180  

Some time in May or June we WILL be looking for smaller, nicer summer clothing! We will!

psst psst some of those bathing suit tops are only fit for the backyard.