Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It's really important to track your weight somehow concrete. On paper or online somewhere. I can get so baffled by numbers! Like we were talking about earlier hover, wobble, drop ... About 2/3 of that can be discouraging

However ... because I do have a graph at fitday (inspite of the hover, wobble, drop and that I'm a few points higher than that <<<<) I know that I'm at my lowest Monday weight since November.

Keep an eye on the general trend gals! Thumb your nose at the hovers and wobbles.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #152  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! I'm at work so I don't really have time to read all your post right now, but I wanted to check in and force myself to be accountable. I was horrible this weekend, I didn't workout at all and ate way too much. Oh well here's to a better week.
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Prepping I love your description of Yoga! Its great that you have found something you really enjoy! And I feel you on the spinning. Its a great exercise! Youll have that bikini body in NO time!

Woormwood Thats awesome! Congratulations

Susan I have the same issue with wanting to eat everything on my plate! Good job on sending it back!

BradleysMomGreat job!

CakeBatter Thanks! All of the encouragement here really is great!

As for me, this weekend was great. Exercised and ate OP! Im taking Susan's advice and getting fitday. I think seeing a general downward trend would really help me. Im an everyday weigher (ok...MANY times a day weigher) and the fluctuations do mess with your head!

Good Luck ladies

Last edited by aimee88; 04-06-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Typo
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #154  

I have no problem with weighing everyday or even several times a day ... as long as you can keep your wits about you. Go ahead and learn the natural fluctuations of your body. BUT ... keep a cool head on your shoulders. The general downward trend over time is what we're after.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Well ladies, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are excited about the potential a new week provides! I didn't do too badly on the weekend. I exercised, took the dog for multiple walks, ate pretty good. I'm still up 1.6 lbs from last monday but I think that's due to TOM and my muscles holding water while they repair. Crossing fingers for a fantastic number next week. I track my daily rollercoaster of weigh-ins daily but I think i'm going to have to completely detatch myself emotionally until my muscles learn how to take the strain. Cakebatter, i took what you say to heart in terms of making good decisions 90% of the time. Do that with exercise and eating and the 10% shouldn't do too much damage. And you get to stay sane.

sjd, i don't know about all this "cute" business, I think the bathingsuit is HOT! I'm going to keep an eye out for one like it myself! I bet it would be a knockout on anyone with hips because the cut out sides would emphasize it even more.

Of course at this point I only feel comfortable in bottoms that tie up so I can guage how much they indent. Counting on the exercise and whatnot to make it so that there's not much to indent anymore!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Susan - I too have to see the actual numbers going down. I can't just keep it in my head. I have to be able to pull my chart out and the watch the patern.
Congratulations on your lowest Monday weight

Preppingbride - I have to use that 90/10 as a basis in order for me to stay sane! I too weigh myself each time I got to the gym (5X's a week) however none of the numbers are "real" until thursday. I just use it as a guideline so I won't be surprised on WI day

Aimee - WTG getting in the workouts.

Wannabeskinny - THis is a new week with fresh days. SO pick yourself up get on the train to Skinny Land!

I have been so hungry today! I ate breakfast, snaack lunch by 11:00Am I get to work at 6:30AM!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope you have a great day!

I have my breakfast and lunch packed and brought it with me to work today so it should be an OP day!

good luck!
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

aimee - I am with you. I am all packed up and ready to be OP

I hope all you ladies are having a wonderful day
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #159  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

Well, I still haven't had time to read all your post and catch up, and I'm sorry for that really, I am, but I did want to check in to be accountable....I did the shred this morning...but I hated it. L2D2 done.
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #160  

Good morning!

I've got nuthin' new. I'm on evenings this week so I have all day to pack my lunch but it'd better have lots of snacky type stuff in it.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I love how everyone here is just so happy about the little things like making sure our lunches are packed. It's a small accomplishment I am proud of every day! no one seems to understand this outside of our healthy world here.

I was FLOORED yesterday by what I learned at my fitness assessment last night. It should have lasted only 45 min but instead it went for 3 hrs. lol We had a lot to talk about! right down to the idiosyncracies of our fiances. haha. It was the equivalent of thinking the world was flat and finding out that it is round.

There's far too much for me to put on here in terms of what I learned but the main points that I'm now going to be adopting are the following:
- absolutely ensure that I eat every 2-3 hrs. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- do weight resistence training 3-4 days a week. Not nearly as much focus on cardio.
- Weekends are never "free days". You can be good all week but if you're not for a day or two on the weekend then it completely destroys the rest of the work you've done.
- Eat more. Have 2 protein shakes a day. (My eating regime is perfect otherwise)

Those are points that I may have already known on some level but the reasons why have now been brought to light and explained so that I understand. I've decided that I need a personal trainer to guide me in working out effectively and have justified the expense. Basically, by taking out the drinking and eating out that i do each month, i can afford a personal trainer.

I can now say with absolute certainty that I will have that bikini body. I may not have a perfect one by this summer because I apparently need 40 weeks to reach ideal.... but it'll be a heck of a lot nicer than what it is right now.

** here's one of the major shockers that I found out....
I'm 40% body fat. Who would have guessed that??!!?! I certainly wouldn't have. I eat right (except weekends), I exercise 3 times a week, I'm not tremendously overweight according to any chart. But based on the computer calculations that were done after using forceps to pinch fat, I have only 107 lbs of lean body mass (anything under 100 is dangerous), and 76 lbs of fat. Again, !!! Women are supposed to be 11%-19% body fat with the exception being pregnant women as 20%-25%.

btw, my yoga and spinning classes are a-okay.yoga for stress relief and spinning for resistence training.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #162  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

wannabeskinnyagain - Today is a new day and a fresh start

aimee88 - WTG on busting through the weekend! Try The Daily Plate also. I think it's a little more user friendly then fitday but that's my opinion.

preppingbride - I hate when TOM comes around. I'm sure you'll see a good loss! And wow! That's crazy. 78lbs? I should do something like that and see. My scale tells me I am 39.7 body fat.

SusanB - I weigh every day. I know how my body fluctuates so I don't get discouraged. I use to get so upset and everything, but I turned that around now that I drink 64oz+ of water daily, my weight doesn't go up 5-10lbs due to sodium anymore. I've grown to love water.

As for me, I made it through the weekend after that semi-bad week. I'm going strong this week also. I ate oatmeal for breakfast and made a salad with baked chicken pieces and cheese. Yum! Have a good day ladies

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 04-07-2009 at 10:36 AM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #163  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't checked in lately... I haven't made any progress, I feel like I'm going in circles. I keep going over the same 2-3 lbs over and over. Meh.

Prepping - Hilarious description of yoga! Congrats for finishing the class.... I wonder if doing a DVD at home would have the same results?

Susan - I agree w/ everyone else, you're always so encouraging. I'm tracking my weight and food on fitday, so I can spot the trends.

What does everyone do on weekends? If I could have a better plan for weekends I think I could kick this stall... I end up messing up my week with 2 days of bad eating. Even when I stay within my calories, I still have more sodium than normal.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #164  

There is so much wisdom and good advice in preppingbride's post but I'm going to jaunt off with this point. I'm sure that if you talk to the Maintainers, they'll tell you that other people's food is trouble. Restaurant, take-out, family dinners, work freebies ... Anything you didn't plan for can be trouble!

Of course we're proud of carrying our lunch and snacks! We're taking control of our intake, taking responsibility and not leaving it to chance. Congratulations to us!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #165  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

booskibabe - On the weekends, I typically allow one meal that I don't worry so much, especially if I go out. I'll put half the meal in a container. But most restaurants have healthy menus these days, so it makes my choices easier if I really want to do good for the day.

I also have a pizza & pierogie night to replicate pizza, wings, cheese fries, etc. I buy Earth's Pride frozen pizzas (350 for half - a decent size) and mini potato & 4 cheese pierogies. For about 500 calories, it's filling and I don't miss all those things.

I also go to Rita's and get a fat-free soft serve (kids size) and go for a 2 mile walk while eating it.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote