Old 03-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Hello Ladies!

I was at 165.5 saturday morning (official weigh-in day). However, this morning I was up to 168.5. My day was pretty much OP (no exercise though). Hoping its just water retention.

good luck everyone!
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

Hi. I was right on track Saturday and weighed 166 on the doctor's scale w/ a small breakfast in my stomach and clothes on. I didn't walk on Saturday, though. Sunday I was a little bad: I had an El Pollo Loco meal of chicken, pinto beans, and two tortillas and later too much homemade vegetable soup, which doesn't sound naughty but I'm a Watery individual and I bloat at the least provocation. I took a walk yesterday, but more like a leisurely (albeit chilly) stroll at the beach. I didn't weigh myself this morning because my swollen eyelids lead me to believe that I'll be weighing water and seeing the # I'll be depressed until I deflate. My son is sick so I'm homebound, I have to do an exercise DVD. I'm going to be so on track and hope to be 163 lbs. by next Monday morning.
shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There! That's a decent workout in.

I do try to do something active each day but a real live structured workout feels much more accomplished!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:49 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't been checking in lately but I've had A LOT of trouble accessing this site from work and home.
I'm doing well so far. I missed the WW meeting on Saturday morning (up too late Friday night), but I'll be going this week and posting my total. I've been doing a wii body test every day and I was down a couple lbs and up a couple lbs. Weighing myself every day drives me crazy.
I'm still sticking with my routine -- I started kettlebells three times a week and this is week 3 of C25K. Food is ok, too -- I didn't eat enough yesterday but I'm trying. It's difficult to figure out points and stuff when I'm working overnight.
But I will do it!
Glad to see everyone else is doing so great!
Maybe we could have challenges within a challenge? So that we can keep active or encourage each other? Like workout challenges or water challenges or something?
Or maybe that's a dumb idea and I'm really tired.
Ha.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 AM   #95  

Morning!

I challenge everyone to be 15 minutes more active than usually today.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:47 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

YAY! This is what I meant. I'm going to go home and sleep because my run after working 13 hours was slow as molasses. So my plan is to get up around 4 pm, take your challenge and spend 15 minutes on the bike before or after my C25K workout and then go to work tonight.
After this I'm off until Saturday. Things are so much more sane when I'm not working. I have to plan everything in advance, transfer it all to clear containers, no silverware, no bottles that aren't factory sealed and clear, and so on and so forth.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Susan - I accept the challange! LOL

Spooky - Seems like you are doing well to me! You have a lot going on but you managing to eat well and get in your exercise....sounds like ROCKSTAR!

Shrinkingviolet - You will be there. Just keep swimming!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #98  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

I gotta tell you ladies. Last night I did W1D1 of c25k and this morning L1D8 of 30DS. I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I'm losing steam and I'm getting burnt out. Yesterday was a bad day at work we had a carry in and there was cake, cookies, cheese balls, crackers....I tried so hard but I pigged out. Then I was misreable. I think dove into all of this too fast, too many lifestyle changes at once....but I'm gonna keep trying!
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #99  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Wannabeskinnyagain - Look at the positive... You have been working out and strengthening your body. Everybody slips up. Just go right back OP. If you feel like you've tackled too much too soon, why not just focus on one of the workouts for awhile, then slowly add the other in?

Sounds like everyone is doing good. I can't wait to hear everyone's WI.

As for me, I'm making slooooow progress. All the extra sodium in my pizza last week made the scale go up a pound or so, but it's coming back down. Yesterday I did HITT and it went much better than the first time I did it. I managed 4 4 min intervals and went for a total of 30 min. This time I stretched after also, so my muscles aren't tight and sore.

My official WI was Friday, so I've lost 1.8 lbs so far. I've also lost another 2.5 inches since the last time I measured. (2 weeks ago)
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Wannabe- I agree with Booksibabe. Just focus on thing at a atime and then slowly bring things back in. That is what I did. First I just worked on the elliptical and the added the treadmill. Then moved to jogging and now adding pushups and situps. I did the same way with food. NO sodas then focus on whole-grains and so on.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:27 AM   #101  
Rowing Mama

S/C/G: 202/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Wannabe- are you getting enough sleep? That's my 'start over' place. When I'm not sleeping enough, I'm more prone to overeat/make bad choices, to not workout, to have problems with overtraining, to mentally struggle through the day, to get discouraged, etc. Sometimes that means I just need to start going to bed early again, and sometimes I have to start getting up earlier first in order to go to be that night on time.

Great job on your WL so far!!! I can't wait until I'm at almost 20# lost!

Thx for the challenge Susan- I started C25K this morning after my fitness class and got my extra time in.
julieofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I'm starting C25K today too I worked my way through most of the program last fall until I pulled a muscle in my back... I will do my "run" after work today! I am down a couple pounds too so that makes me feel happy! I also want to add the 200 sit-up and 100 push-up challenge! I might give them a try today as well.
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #103  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the encouraging words ladies! Julie I think you hit the nail on the head. I am used to (and function best) with 8 hours of sleep. I've been getting about 5-6 lately. I am getting up 45 minutes earlier to get my self moving and get 30DS in before work - because life is just to busy after work. And DD hasn't been sleeping well lately so she's been up later fighting sleep. So if I want to do any workout in the evening it's after she goes to bed (it's next to impossible when she's up) and so it's late when I get done then I need to shower etc.

I know that I really just need to sleep go to bed early and sleep late or something but I feel like I'm just making excuses to get out of it. Weekends used to be my time to sleep in and be lazy but I've volunteered to take on some weekend work to earn some extra cash (we just bought a house and have a lot we want to do to it and I want to buy us all bikes, etc.) So I'm getting up early on the weekends and staying up later.

I also think there are maybe too many changes at once. Its putting me under too much stress. I went from couch potato to exercising at least 1x a day, I am now working weekends, DD is potty training so taking her anywhere is extra stressful with the 5 trips to the bathroom. I quit picking my nails for lent (may not be a big deal to some but for me its like quitting smoking), and now that the weather is getting better we are adding yard/garden work to the evergrowing list of chores. I need a break.

I'm sorry I just re-read my post....rant over.
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi all! I'm always one for a challenge and this seems like a great one!

SW: 181
GW: 160

Why? Because my wedding is a week into summer, and it's about time that I lose the excess.

Motivators: shorts, skirts, bikini's, and liking how I look in them!

Plan: approx 1450 cal/day, lots of water, some type of activity for 30 min a day, and reduce social drinking.

Plus, I'm up for the extra challenge of being 15 min more active than normal. Considering I haven't worked out in a while, that should be an easy one!

Last edited by prepping; 03-31-2009 at 02:09 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #105  

Ya know that channel on TV that scrolls the schedule? Ours plays a local mixed rock radio station. I turned it on and danced for 15 minutes. If a DJ talked, I picked up some dumbells and did arms.

Between work and a meeting tonight, I don't have much extra time but I knew I'd challenged the lot of you. So ....

And I still have to walk to my friends' house to catch a ride to the meeting