3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Spring Season-Long (three months til bathing suits!) Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/167428-spring-season-long-three-months-til-bathing-suits-challenge.html)

kelly315 03-22-2009 08:54 PM

Spring Season-Long (three months til bathing suits!) Challenge

Spring started two days ago, meaning we have three whole months to reach our mini-goals in time for beach season.

:yikes: Let's make this the last time you make this face when thinking about that bathing suit.

Name your goals for weight, exercise, and anything else.
Name your motivator- things you'll do this summer in your cute, slimmer body.

At the end, we'll name a beach queen (or king), so keep posting all season!

ME:

3/22: 210
Goal (6/20): 188

Why? 6/20 is not only the last day of spring, but it's also my 23rd birthday and 188 would mean I have lost 100 pounds so far this year.

Motivators: that 100 pound mark, my birthday, and vacation to Florida 7/2

Other Goals: Cut out (slowly but surely) diet soda
exercise at least 2 hours a week
Add in more nutritious calories, fewer empty ones
Daily calories: 1300ish right now, will probably continue with that number.

OKAY....What about you?

mrsaugie 03-22-2009 09:21 PM

hey i will do this i will get back tomorrow with my goals.

WormwoodDoll 03-23-2009 12:12 AM

I want in!!

---
SW: 208
GW: 185

Why? My birthday is July 16th, I am visiting my mom (the last time I saw her was in August and I weighed 245), and I want to feel good about summer for once!

~ Average 1500 cals per week
~ Drink lots of water! 64oz+
~ EXERCISE! Head to the gym four times a week, plus daily walks
~ Continue to be binge-free!
~ Enjoy certain things in moderation and on occasion
~ Continue to stay away from McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc. I feel so much better without them!

mrsaugie 03-23-2009 10:12 AM

well normally i am at work at this time of the day but my son was sick so i stayed home with him. well my goals are as follows:

sw: 180
gw: 155

that is 25 pounds in three months works out to about 2 pounds a week.

i also want to start drinking more water on the weekend and i will start with that for now i do not know how much because as it is i do not drink any at all on the weekends and i want to start with that for now maybe in a month that will change that we will have to see.

exercise goals: get up and exercise before work and then in the afternoon when i get home from work. maybe start running.

why am i doing this or what is my motivation: i have a 2 piece swim suit that i want to feel more comfrontable in then i do. i also have a nice top that i want to wear more. i will post picuters of the top and suit later.

booskibabe 03-23-2009 02:07 PM

Me too, me too!!!

I'm in! So far this year I've only lost around 6 pounds... maybe being accountable to you ladies will get the ball rolling. :o

Current weight as of 3-23 - 170.6
Summer goal - 155 by 6-13

Reasons:
1. I'm in a wedding and have to get sized for the bridesmaid's dress then. When I tried on the sample on Saturday, I wore a 14. I would loooove to be in a 10.
2. I would be just under my prebaby weight, and I wouldn't have to buy new shorts for this summer.
3. That will be my 26th birthday, and I really want to be able to celebrate and feel comfy in my own skin. I don't right now.

Program:
I'm still nursing, so sticking to 1600-1700 calories a day. Exercise 5x/wk, 30 min on the treadmill and pilates for the mommy tummy.

srmb60 03-23-2009 05:04 PM

I'm in (if you don't mind). Size 4 jeans that I can get most of the way on but not do up. And I won't have to buy new shorts this year either.

Cleaner foods in smaller amounts.

I'll have to do an intentional amount of exercise regularly ... I think I'll make a ticker for that.

shrinkingviolet 03-23-2009 05:27 PM

I could use a challenge. I hope this isn't too ambitious:

Weight: 168 lbs.
Goal Weight: 140 lbs. by the first day of Summer=28 lbs. (130 lbs. by the end of Summer)
Why: To have a glorious Summer in smaller clothes

My Other Goals: To keep calories at or under 1400 a day and make a great portion of them from vegetables
To stay completely away from evil Nong Shim Shin Ramyun and other foods that are just a bunch of chemicals
To walk at least an hour a day, dance for exercise three times a week, and practice yoga everyday

Hold me accountable!

aimee88 03-23-2009 06:28 PM

Im in!!

Weight: 167.5
Goal: 140.0

I cant bear to spend another summer in cardigans because "im cold"....I want to show my arms and feel confident!

Other goals: To exercise at least 4 hours a week and eat more veggies

mrsaugie 03-23-2009 09:11 PM

well i just thought i would let everyone know today was a good one. i was able to exercise twice today once this morning ( maybe not early and by early i mean 4:30 in the morning) and then again for another 45 min. after supper. so i was able to get in a total of 90 min. the water thing though is not going well i have reached a point where i am having a hard time drinking even 24 oz. during the week. the one thing that i have learned most of all is to listen to my body if my body does not want any more water i will not drink it. and i have learned when i am getting ready for more. that i think is the most important thing --- listen to what your body is telling you it knows what it needs, how much and when you need it. well i hope everyone else had a good day today. BTW my normal weigh in is on either friday or saturday.

srmb60 03-24-2009 06:33 AM

I'm simply not getting up any earlier than this ;)

Yesterday was not bad. I ate a couple of things that could have been better choices but I didn't overdo anything. I did exercise.

Today I have good things packed in my lunch bag ... and I'm optimistic.

How'd you do yesteday? What's your plan for today?

booskibabe 03-24-2009 01:43 PM

SusanB and MrsAugie - great job! I'm so glad you both had good days.

As for me, yesterday was the first time I've done any cardio in quite a while.... I am Sooo out of shape. I managed to do 2 rounds of HITT before I fet like I was going to die, so I did the rest of my treadmilling on a solid medium effort pace. (about 4 mph)

Today is shaping up nicely, I'm going to take a long walk outside w/ the baby for my cardio today. I figured pushing a stoller up and down hills will be a decent workout for now. Tonight I plan on doing some pilates.

Oh, and by some miracle the scale dropped A WHOLE POUND this morning.

wannabeskinnyagain 03-24-2009 03:12 PM

OH! Is it too late to join? I really need some motivation.

weight - 179
goal weight - 130 (this is my ultimate goal - 150 by the beginning of summer would be nice)
program - I'm not really on a program. I'm trying to eat less junk drink more water and exercise everyday...this is hard with a toddler at home and working full time but I will do it.

why - I want to look good and feel good in "summer clothes" this year. I would also like to be much healthier so I can actually have the energy to play with my daughter and set a better example for her.

bradleys mom 03-24-2009 03:20 PM

I'm in as well! Hi!!

I am Kimberly, I lost 50 lbs in '07 with LA Weight Loss then gained it all back during my recent pregnancy. I have dropped 10 lbs so far in march and am looking forward to getting back to my pre-preg weight! I am more than capable of losing 2lbs+ each week, I am setting a modest goal, but I hope to crush it!!

Weight today: 268
Goal: 245
Main motivators:
1. My DH told me if I could get back to 230, (pre-baby weight) by his birthday (July 24), that he would take me on a two-day vacation to the same place we took our honeymoon.
2. I start Nursing clinicals this fall and our scrubs are all white.:dz:Not flattering. I dont want to have to buy a 3x!!!
3. I miss my jeans!!!

I am not counting calories, but am doing WW, so my daily points are 39.

I hope to get back to exercising 3 times/week for 30 minutes. I also need to make sure I get 64oz water, I cant believe how much more weight I drop when I get all my water in!

Kelly, you are doing great! You're pics are great motivation! Keep it up girl!

CakeBatter 03-24-2009 03:50 PM

3/24: 186.4
Goal (6/20): 172

Why? I have never been at this weight in my life!

Motivators: I just want to wear a very cute two piece bathing suit WITHOUT a cover-up, on my "weigh" to being normal perosn with a BMI that is not obese!

Other Goals:

Run a 5k
Run a 10k

Camarogirl67 03-24-2009 03:50 PM

Me too! It's honeymoon time come May 7th.