Old 04-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #256  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well so far so good today so far i drank about 40 oz of water is in the right direction. did not exercise yet but that is on the todo list.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:00 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can't pick up that elliptical until late next week. But that's OK because by then, it's on sale and I get a refund!

Hi Navywife! Morning everyone!

I had a weird day yesterday with work, the dentist and a meeting. No exercise and just plain skimpy, not nutritious eating. But the scale is OK today and I'll do better.

We haven't had any kind of challenge lately. Let me see ... how about another 15 minutes of vigorous activity today?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 180/161/130

Height: 5'0

Good Morning Ladies

Susan Ill take your challenge! And refunds are ALWAYS nice!

Question: Ive been reading alot about diet soda lately. I must admit, I drink at least around 30 ounces of the stuff a day (sometimes more). Do you guys think eliminating it would help? I've never really wanted to do it but I'm thinking I'm going to have to
aimee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #259  

I unashamedly drink at least one diet coke every day. It makes no difference to me. I have, however, heard that some folks run into sweets cravings. And of course there are folks who just can't do the aspartame. It gives my brother a headache.

I had to go and get yesterday's filling fixed so I half ran back and forth to the dentist after work. It's not 15 minutes tho'. I'll have to do something else later.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Well WI today. I DO NOT feel good in general so I just want to get everything over with! I have no lunch so maybe my mama will make me salad.

Aimee - thanks for the compliment. I can't wait to wear it! I have one diet coke every few days. Supposedly soda (diet or not) makes you hungry. The carbonation stretches you tummy meaning it will take more food to fill like you are full. IDK how true, I just read somewhere. But no matter soda or diet soda ..."everyhting in moderation". Maybe you should cut down to just 2 a day or something ...IDK
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #261  

Yesterday afternoon just went downhill in a hurry! I was weak and tired and just plain blah, but it took forever to fall asleep. I dunno. I feel better today.

I didn't even meet my own challenge. I'll do it today instead.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hello all you wonderful ladies!
here's an epiphany that I've been realizing lately... exercise makes me feel better than junk food! Never would have thought that was actually true. I'm generally an emotional eater and try to find happiness in lots of sweets and treats which of course works for a fraction of a moment and then leaves you feeling nasty in the end. Well, it's amazing how i've been feeling after my workouts lately! They sure take a heck of a lot more effort to do but the rewards are heaped. Now i just have to keep remembering that when I get stressed.

Things are going well here. Have my Jack & Jill on Saturday so that should be fun. It's the true beginning to the wedding season of events that are lining themselves up. fun times! (man, i really have to drop this weight! lol)

susan, hope you're feeling better today and have lots of energy! I totally rocked your challenge from yesterday since i had my personal trainer pushing me. Got to lift and push out that stress and even turn it into a positive for today!

aimee, I know a few people who were able to drop weight instantly just by cutting out pop. I quit it at least 10 yrs ago and barely ever drink it now so my first instinct would definately be to say get rid of that habit. it might suck, but it's just like anything else that comes along with a healthy way of living. I absolutely love my chocolate, wings, beer, and chips but not a single person out there would say "okay you're doing great in your exercise and eating so it doesn't matter that you're having 4 chocolate bars a day"
Woudn't that be awesome though?
(i know diet soda doesn't have a bunch of calories like chocolate but it does have a whole lot of other ingredients that aren't necessarily good for you.)
Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by prepping; 04-23-2009 at 04:30 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #263  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well i am slowly getting back on track after last week. the eating is getting better. the exercising still needs to get there. and i did take a sneak peek at the scale this morning and it was down 1.2 pounds from monday we will see what the rest of the week brings there are still 3 more days until my official WI. i am still trying to get up early and get some exercising before work. anyway i will be back later.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #264  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm up for a challenge. I have gotten in the zone and am TOTALLY motivated. I have a workout buddy so that helps too. I have been working out every day but one for the last 11 days. For the 2 months before that, I did pilates mat class 2-3 times a week. I am counting calories and have only gone over 2 times. I still managed to lose 3 lbs in 11 days. My goals:

Lose 1.5 to 2 lbs a week till I reach my goal weight
Work out 6 days a week
Have a variety of activities (i.e. If I don't get up in the morning to go to they gym, I will take a walk, do a dvd, take a bike ride...anything after work.)
Get defined muscles
Mini Goal #1: Get my daughter started on a weight loss program when she comes home from school in May (she will do boot camp with me - see below)
Mini Goal #2: Lose at least 10 lbs by my son's graduation in June
Mini Goal #3: Do boot camp (outside) for 3 months and ONLY miss because it is raining too hard (will go to gym instead), when my mom has surgery in Aug OR if I am on my death bed!!!

Reasons to do all this:

Feel better
Be healthy
Have more energy
Fit in my clothes
Wear a "real bikini"
Prove, "I can do it"
Be a role model to my kids
Feel sexy
Get a boob job (my reward to myself when I'm done losing)
Not jiggle
Look good
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #265  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I'm super late joining this challenge, but here's my info:

SW: 168.5 (TBA tomorrow of April 24, 2009)
GW: 160 (goal date: June 21, 2009)

Why? I need to get started on a final shot at reaching and maintaining my goal weight.

(starting tomorrow, April 24)
~ 128oz water/day
~ Gym or at-home workout 5 days/week including classes I like
~ Walking for at least 2 miles on 2 days/week
~ Work my way up to 8 mile walks
~ Find a running partner
~ Be binge-free!
~ Non-food related rewards
~ No fast food... only non-fried takeout (i.e. steamed veggies/brown rice) as a very rare treat
~ No soda or alcohol

Last edited by Tamara; 04-25-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!!!! What a great morning! Well I had my WI last night. I lost 2.6 pounds and a total of 37 pounds on the nose! Since I am under 180 pounds I decided to go the first page and see what I set as my goals. I was surprised to find that I am only 6 pounds away from my "Challenge Weight" goal and one of the other goals of running a 5K, I am doing tomorrow morning. IT was just a great motivator to see how far I have actually come! And for the first time in my adult life I am under 180 pounds!!!!

Welcome Tamara and Jacque

Susan I totally didn;t get to do the challenge yesterday because I was totally miserable due to sinuses yesterday. I hope you are feeling better this morning.

Prepping- You made an awesome point about the 10 seconds of euphoria after Junk food and the heaps of euphoria after exercise and I totally agree. Now if like you said I can remember when I feel that way...LOL
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #267  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Ladies...I'm sorry I haven't been around. It's just so hard to even want to post when I am doing terribly. I don't know what exactly happened this week. Hopefully drinking lots of water, hitting the gym the next couple of days and eating right will set me straight once more!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #268  

It's lovely to have new folks! We don't care if you're late. Are you late? Summer's not here yet.

WormwoodDoll ... do you want us to know your real name? Doncha know ... that when you are feeling the downest is when you need us the mostest? Don't shy away from the board just because you're off track a bit. That's when we can help you. We'll cheer you up! We want onederland for you about the same as we want our own goals.
We talked to Stephanie/Augie about sticking with us and look ... she lost 1.2 pounds! Coincidence? I think not!

Go Ashlan! I think the spring weather is bringing out the nose drips
Old 04-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #269  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Welcome, Tamara and Jacque.

Wormwooddoll - I'm totally with you. I'm making such slow progress, I feel like it's not even worth posting about. Try to hang in there!

As for me, I've finally broken my stall and gotten below 168.4 - I hit 168 even last Saturday. The super odd thing is the only thing I changed last week was started the transition from nursing my baby to formula, because he's not getting enough from me. Apprently I'm one of those women who only lose weight after they wean.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #270  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Hey Ladies,

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm back for what I hope is the final round. This is the year to get my weight off and begin maintaining! I really need to work hard, eat smart, and stop allowing temptations to get the best of me.

Today has been a great food day... I just need to get my taebo done tonight. It's such a beautiful day, but I will probably stay inside and clean/declutter and then be out all day tomorrow. Tracking my eating for the past 2 days has made me super aware of my eating habits. I will stay in control... I will lose, lose, lose....
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote