Old 04-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Wormwood, all the best for a super successful weekend!

SusanB, I'll be sure to remember your challenge when I'm out at a party tonight! Knowing me, I tend to get the munchies late at night when we're at the bar so this time I will force myself to stay away from the deepfried goodies NO MATTER WHAT! I will update for sure.

Bradleys mom, wtg on 2 POP days! that's always encouraging for the next time you hop on the scale.

aimee, oh the wonders of water weight. glad to hear you're feeling in a better mood.

This morning I got up first thing and went to a yoga class where I found that there are certain moves that don't look humanly possible... ever seen the "bird of paradise"? it's where you bend over, reach one arm over your back, the other under your leg, and clasp your fingers. Then you stand on one leg while raising the leg you have your arms wrapped around up as high as you can. ummmm, ya. I used a modified pose and was still trying to stay upright.
After that brilliant yoga session (it is now my new love), I did a spinning class for the first time in 10 years! If nothing else gets me that bikini body, this certainly will! It was the hardest thing I've done in a very very long time. The one thing I focused on throughout the entire hour is "JUST MAKE IT TO THE END". I was sweating buckets and laughing at my own inability to do what the rest of the group was doing. I refuse to get scared off though! I'm going to work even harder so that I can catch up to a respectable level in the class.

Wow, I forgot how good it feels to push yourself so hard and feel that sense of accomplishment.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #137  

Preppingbride, you crack me up! Your description of the yoga pose was hilarious! At least you tried and didn't give up!
sjdphc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Prepping - i was imagining the pose ...and holy crap ...kudos for not giving up and for making it to the end of the spinning class! I love that feeling after you have worked so hard and it just feels like you have just conquered the world

aimee SO glad you are feeling better today! Remember that is what we are here for to support each other and help each other thru the rough times, so that we may continue on our journey.

Susan I accept the challenge.

Bradleysmom WTG on the pound down. You rock!

Wormwooddoll That is okay. Today is a new and all you have to do"Just keep swimming". Brush yourself off and move forward. You can Do it!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #139  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBatter View Post
..."Just keep swimming". Brush yourself off and move forward. You can Do it!

LOL How cute! My 3 year old DS loves Nemo!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
LOL How cute! My 3 year old DS loves Nemo!!
It's my favorite saying! HAHA LOL I love Nemo TOO!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I have so much to catch up on! It sounds like everyone is doing great!
I have been sticking to my routine (kettlebells 3x/week, C25K 3x/week) and tracking my food. Tomorrow is a rest day. I can't wait for it. LOL.

Moving on to week 4 of C25K next week.

Also, I went to my meeting today. I am down 4# (and that is with the wine tasting I went to on Thursday). So I'm now at 219.6.

But I lost a point. Sad face.

Good job, chicks!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I've still been having trouble accessing the site from home so I haven't been checking in as often as I would like. But here is my 'making the best out of a bad situation'. I work nights. So this morning I woke up, went to WW and to the gym (where the guy on the treadmill next to mine FELL OFF, no joke), came home and ate lunch and took a nap. So I woke up, got ready for work and had no time to cook.
First thought? McDonald's.
Second thought? Cookie from Wawa.
So I did go to Wawa. I got cheese/grapes/crackers and a turkey sandwich. Got home and was amazed to see the sandwich was 600 freaking calories. So I split it with my BFF. In retrospect I probably could have eaten the whole sandwich if I swapped out the bread but I didn't think of it. So now I have protein, fruit, and some complex carbs.
I still got the cookie but I count this as a victory.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I didn't really make the best of a bad situation but I did make it some better. In restaurants, I soo feel that I have to eat everything I paid for but yesterday I sent some back. A good bit actually. I'd had enough.

And we walked a lot but no formal exercise.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #144  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

preppingbride - Good job on going to those classes and not getting discouraged! I don't have the courage to do that yet, sadly.

CakeBatter - I picked myself up! I wasn't going to let myself sink into another two months of being so on/off I gain back 3lbs. No, no, no!

Spooky - Congrats on the loss. Surprisingly Wawa's premade wraps aren't that bad for you! I got one for 320 calories and absolutely delicious! Their subs/sandwiches can be high in calories.

SusanB - I know how that is. When I go out to eat I feel like I have to eat everything. But not anymore. I usually eat half and take half home. Most times I don't even touch the leftovers.

The scale finally budged. After TOM and having a bad week, it finaaaaally budged. I'm excited. The last time this happened I got stuck in a rut for TWO months. Not this time!

DF weighed 221 this morning. He keeps telling me he is going to "catch up". I don't think so!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #145  

Ya know ... I thought about a take-out box but just didn't do it. I should have split it before I even started.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #146  

So I think I've found my "goal" bathing suit!:

http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.asp...eek+a+boo+suit

What do you guys think?
sjdphc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #147  

Cute!
Old 04-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #148  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi all, I did well with my points yesterday but had a bad sodium day, so naturally, the scale is UP! But I am drinking tons of water and hoping for a low number tomorrow!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #149  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdphc View Post
So I think I've found my "goal" bathing suit!:

http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.asp...eek+a+boo+suit

What do you guys think?
that is cute.

well this weekend is going and going. yesterday was ok the only problem or issue that i had was i ate dinner at 10:00 last night and did not do any exercising. this afternoon after we where done watching a movie my son who is 5 told me to exercise and went and pick one of my exercise dvds for me to do and it just happened to the one that i am kinda avoiding for now but do plan on doing it some day soon.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #150  

The bathing suit is cute.

I tried mine on this weekend and I am looking pretty good in it. Howeve I wanna look good not "pretty good"!

Everyone is doing well!

Woormwood - WTG and vongratulations

Susan - I do that too. I split it up before I even eat anything!

BradleysMom - WTG youare doing great

Spooky - Just post when you can....you are definitely making the best of it