Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #91  

hello my dear ladies, I am baaaaaaaaaaack! lololol that always reminds me of that movie!

I was a bad girl tonight. I went to Aculpolco's! Foodwise and exercise wise, I have been doing quite well, but margaritas again? ay ay ay! I have no good excuse either, none! except maybe that warm weather brings out the troublemaker in me. At least if I did my exercises today, I would have felt better, but no, I took the day off again (2nd day this week). I can clearly see that I am going to have to keep a close eye on myself! Having a few cocktails is ok with me once in a while but I have overdone it this week. I also need to watch that I dont take many days off of working out. I came to a decision tonight and wanted to post my plan to you all.

I have decided on a 3 day fruit and veggie plan! A lot of water and cranberry juice mixed with water, which I will ask about in a moment. I k now such things are controversial, but I am a firm believer in a body cleansing of this sort and it is short term, it surely wont harm me, only help me...........and I just wanted to shake things up and do something a bit different for a few days aside from the plan I have been following the past 3 months. IT will be good for me! I have some fish left over so tomorrow will be fruits, veggies and the fish...........the following days will consist of veggies, fruits, salads, etc. Water and diluted usweetened cranberry juice. Tomorrow I am going to the market to get broccolli, spinach, tomatoes and other salad fixings, my raw broccoli and carrot sticks for snacks, cucumbers, string beans, etc... Given that I am at this phase or stage and accustomed to less food, I don't beleive I will have a problem. Another thing........I absolutely by no means will starve myself. I know that only leads to cravings and/or binges and I plan to eat very frequent mini meals or snack of the foods I mentioned. If anything, I have not been eating frequently enough and I think that this will help my metabolism along, cleanse me, and feel just so good! Wish me luck ladies! I start tomorrow and I will post regularly to let you all know how it's going.

Oh, I wanted to ask you all about the cranberry juice. I cannot find unsweetened cranberry juice??? Can anyone tell me a brand name to look for? Maybe I can look at the nature food center down the street? It has to be unsweetened. I have been reading so much about it lately. If you mix that cranberry juice with water and drink it regularly, there is something (can't remember the name of it?) in the cran juice which binds to fat cells and flushes it out. It can , within a few weeks time, smooth out skin and also has natural diuretic tendenceis. If anyone knows of a brand name of unsweetened cranberry juice or where I can get some, please let me know, okay?

THat is all my news for now ladies. I have the window open here and can hear the leafpeepers, how I love that sound! Tomorrow, I have a long beach walk planned and am very excited about it. Trying on my new suits that i bought 2 years ago on a trip and finding I was bulging out of the tops sent me into a tizzy today! Perhaps it was good for me, although it depressed me at first, somehow it revved up my determination even moreso! I hope you all had a great day and I look forward to hearing from everyone. Let's keep it going : ) ciao for now, Sia
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #92  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Cranberry juice

WOW this is a busy board isn't it!!

All is well here in Toronto...the weather is co-operating anyway. I have been motivated by this warm weather to completely redecorate my house starting with new windows and ending with painting all the rooms to brighten things up. It will be a big job but DH and I love working together on these kinds of projects. I love him sooo much. When it comes to decorating (or doing anything actually) we have the same tastes and can envision what the other is thinking and are open to suggestions so it makes the task lots of fun. He is a really cool guy!

We are thinking of getting new furniture, but I don't know if it’s such a wise idea with the 4 kids still at home...kids can be real slobs sometimes!

FSA - As far as the cranberry thing goes, I did that for a week or so. I had read about it in women’s weekly well over a year ago. I bought the fresh cranberries and juiced them myself. It is messy and costly but the upside is that you are getting the benefit of no additives in the juice which is the best way of course to consume it. It is also better if you get organic cranberries but again that will jack up the price. The problem with commercially bottled juice is the sugar content which will completely negate the healthful benefits of the cranberries. If I remember correctly, the added sugar actually blocks the absorption of whatever it was in the cranberries that delivered the healthy punch so…it may be an idea to see if you can pick up a juicer. (If you don’t want to pay the price for a new one, go to the Goodwill or any other secondhand shop, or look for them at garage and yard sales.) I don’t remember if the cranberries did anything for me, all I can remember is that I didn’t drink it for too long because it was time consuming to prepare and it was expensive for the amount of juice 1 bag of berries yielded. But good luck with it and let me know how it turns out – g2g
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #93  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Weighed in today...down 5lbs from last week! Im really looking forward to weighing in next week already! lol
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #94  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

My weigh in was today as well and despite TOM, I lost 4 pounds!! Bring on the next weigh in!!

I am So stoked!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #95  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

grats Lekhika! Im hoping this time next week I will see the scale go under 170 lol
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Yey! I found you all!! Ok so Im back from my holiday/work thing. I gained a 1lb while i was away, so im pretty chuffed with that, I was expecting it to be so much more!! So im back on the challenge wagon, I would like to lose 4 - 6 lbs this month.

So i see lots of new faces here.. looking forward to getting to know you all !!

Last edited by pigginpodgey; 05-08-2007 at 09:19 AM.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default well ladies even though my weekend was rotten and

I showed a gain, yesterday I got right back on track, was extra careful about measuring and eating well, as well as getting some extra exercise in. Today i stepped on the scale and those 2lbs were gone, in fact I show a new low of 177.6. I won't claim it till next weigh in though, but it was definitely encouraging!
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Good luck for the rest of the week!
Tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #98  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

so i'm apartment hunting in tulsa tomorrow! There are 9 on my list to look at... hopefully i will like something. Tomorrow is also my weigh in... i'm not expecting miracles... but i am going to use this as a chance to start again... a weigh in also means a new week and a new chance to kick *** , which just so happens to be my speciality

Fullsteam: MEXICAN FOOD IS A DISASTER! That's how i feel about that... and here in texas, that's all they ever want to eat! there is no healthy mexican food... it's all fried and covered with cheese... i usually go for a taco salad and hope for the best but add margaritas or mojitas and it is like GAME OVER! but that's ok... i mean if you are going to have a cheat moment, it may be used for something good like tequilla!
as for the 3 day thing, that's ironic, cause my yoga studio just handed out flyers on a three day fruit diet where all u do is eat fruit for 3 days and they are encouraging us to try it in the next two weeks... it seems easy, but with all that fiber, well i leave the rest up to your imagination

wateraddict and lekhika: what an amazing job! keep up the great work!

lytricia: i love furniture shopping!!! Projects are really fun to work on... unfortunately for me, i am still in the Ikea stage of my life...

piggin: WELCOME BACK!
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #99  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Hello ladies how are u all doing??

Well i am doing OK i guess a little bummed but oh well i had a good weekend on friday i worked out on the videos and i did the whole thing so my weekly challenge was conquerd

fullsteam the video is done by tacey mallett and the dvd series is called the method its kicked my butt let me tell u i felt so great afterwards

ok so saturday i woke up extra early and weighed myself and i was soooo happy that i saw 195 on the scale i was jumping for joy then i took a little jog on the tread and then we went to lunch at sizzler for my sisters bday ha ha this is hilarious i ordered the turkey sandwich on wheat bread and the salad bar so when all the food was coming out i was like hey im sure my sandwich is easier to make then a steak and shrimp platter so everyone had their food but me i was like what the ****??? so then the lady comes out and tells me that they are out of turkey but i could order anything out of the menu and shed bring it to me so i got a grilled chicken and shrimp plate it was good but i know it was way more in calories then i wanted to consume

oh well so saturday night we ordered the oscar de la hoya fight (sucked by the way but thats another convo) some friends came over and we drank alot i am a light weight usually i drink 2 smirnoffs and im out the door but this time i drank 6 so ya u could imagine how wasted i was im not proud of being wasted but it was such a relif and i was able to relax and have a fun time with my friends great night

horrible sunday morning i felt like crap i ate alot of mushrooms that night with asparagus and squash i loved it but it made me sick along with the drinks so all day sunday i felt like crap crap crap we got the kids a kiddie pool and went outside later that afternoon then i went on a 20 minute walk with my aunt i felt like crap but i needed to move i felt loafy ha ha ;

ok so then weighed myself this morning and im back at 197 im do disapointed with myself for drinking so much and gaining 2 pounds back so ya im back at 197 so change for me but im done with that im back to my normal schedule and back on track we still got a ways to go till the end of may so i know for a fact ill be at 190 come june 1

hope everyone is doing good i better go get my yourgurt talk to u all later

my new challange is to work out 3 times a day morning will be a 1 hour walk on the tread noon will be 40 minutes on the lateral thigh trainer and night will be 1 hour walk with my aunt i will do this every day for this week

smile

marie

May 1- 197
May 7- 197

Last edited by buttermom; 05-08-2007 at 01:00 PM.
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #100  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey buttermom. The same thing happened to me. I cut loose and drank WAY more than I wanted to and the next day it showed a two pound GAIN up to 212 (I WAS SOOOOOO BUMMED), but today I weighed again and I am down to 209. So just buckle down, and drink lots of liquids. You'll get it back down in a day or so.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #101  
focus creates results

Lytricia

I LOVE cranberry juice and even though it's likely that it's bad for you, I drink the oceanspray diet stuff that's like 5 calories. I would guzzle cranberry juice all day long if I could.

Fullsteamahead
I agree with nosnah1011, Mexican food is a total disaster if eating out. THe destruction begins the moment the chips and salsa are placed before me....

I'm going to be in NYC for Mother's Day and that's my bi-weekly rest day. Still, there's a gym in my Mom's building so maybe I'll manage a brisk walk on the treadmill or something because MOnday is likely going to be a total wash as far as exercise is concerned. I'm trying not to go overboard with the exercise to make up for that future lack of exercise.

GUNG HO with the exercise now. I'm trying to keep going at maximum capacity as long as I can because I know that going Mach10 is not going to keep up all of June....

my summer goal is 120 pounds before summer vacation in July (15th)

Last edited by Lekhika; 05-08-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: edited for spelling
Old 05-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #102  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

i would like to lose 4 lbs by the end of May...
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #103  

Hay Ho.......I'm down 3 tons this week and I think I'll weigh in on the 19th - the scale is making me wacko.

I've been reading the posts and everyone is doing incredibly well!!!! and Sock Monkey is that a new pic....you look like supermodel!

Hey Steamie.........howz it going. I'm getting closer to my relay race for May 30 and I ran my training 5k at 38 minutes.....down from 55!!!!!!!!

I'm also biking to and fro work everyday and eating a lot of raw food, which I totally believe to be the best, for me that is!! I just don't want to be overweight for yet ANOTHER summer. No way!!

Ray xo
Ray of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #104  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! Congrats to all our losses! TOM is here and I'm hoping he won't kill me during next WI.

PIGGIN! OMG where have you been?! I've missed you!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #105  
focus creates results

Just a quick question here....does TOM really have an effect on weight? I mean is it just because of bloat? Or is TOM deadly because of the cravings and general sloth that it brings along....just curious.