Old 05-29-2007, 03:10 AM   #241  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Hello ladies its really late i decided to clean a little before i went to bed and do the laundry now instead of tomarrow afternoon conserve some energy ya know

anyways i weighed in at 189 this morning im really proud of myself

yay me

yay all of u!!!

well im really tired and i think im spelling everything wrong im a mess im tired and sleepy and dirty i need a shower

well take care

marie

may 28th 189
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:18 AM   #242  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

good morning everyone.

I can't believe this is the last week for the may challange. I weighed in this morning and down one pound again.

Im so ready for the Junes challange!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:29 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

okay gals i need some advice, anyone ever tried the salt water flush? were the effects good? bad? does it actually make any difference? thankyou
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:44 AM   #244  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hey Mascara,
I have done the salt water flush accompanied with an all fruit fast for 3 days. I ordinarily am not one to react to sodium but have noticed that I feel all woozy and bloated when I do the flush.

I'll break it down for you.

POSITIVE

Your colon will be super clean.
You feel lighter and healthier. (Can't say whether this is due to the fruit and raw veggie intake or the flush...I suspect both)

NEGATIVE

The two hours after the flush are....um...quite explosive. One word of advice, if you think it's gas...it isn't...go sit on the toilet.

The bloating and woozieness are pretty bad following the ingestion of the saline solution.

You are going to feel like you are about to throw up when you do the initial drinking of said saline concoction.

I used to do the saline flush once a week.

Water addict!!

Congratulations on your incredible loss!!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #245  

good morninggggggg ladies : ) so nice to come in and read everyone's news. Congratulations on the losses! kt, I hope your back is feeling better. Hope you all had a super weekend.

It was a very busy weekend for me, I was always on the go and busy getting stuff ready, had company over the weekend. We were lucky the weather turned out great and we able to sit oudoors and enjoy it. I am due to weigh in on thurs, I don't know what to expect at this point, i feel i will be lucky to have maintained! Overall , I did pretty good with the food plan, except for yesterday.... 2 more days left to weigh in, so it's crank down time. dh starts vaca mid june for almost 2 weeks so i plan on cranking the next 2 weeks! Although I was busy and didnt do my traditional ex. sun. and mon. , I was extremely active so hope this helped in my plight. I am looking forward to our new month together ladies! NOw that the holiday weekend and party is over, its back to my routine! I just got a fresh batch of fish the other day.

Congratulations once again on the super work ladies! It's amazing our month is about to come to a close, I feel it went by so fast. I'll start a june thread for us so it will be ready for us to move over there at months end. Hope you all have a super day, keep it rockin
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Bah no weight loss for me this week. Boo! It seems unfair, because i have been working out an watching what I eat. I am going to be very strict and write down EVERYTHING this week that passes my lips, liquid and everything!! If nothing has shifted in a week I am going to see a nutritionist or someone who can give me some advice. I think im still too heavy to have reached my plateau surely?!?
Well done ladies on your loss!! The salt water flush sounds interesting by the way, im not sure the positives are worth the negatives!! What is it meant to do exactley?!? Flush you out?!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:36 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 240/238/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!

Been reading all your posts and have to say I think you ladies are awesome!!!! I know I'm late for May but was wondering if I could join in for the June Challenge (if there is one)?

To tell you a bit about myself - my name is Treasa and I'm a flabby 40. I'm originally from NYC, living in England. (It's all my husband and triplet stepson's fault! )

I recently re-joined WW for the millionth time after an accident wrecked my knee and my DR has told me if I don't shift this weight my knee will probably give out in about 10 yrs. <sobbing>

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Cheers
Treasa

Last edited by nyerinuk; 05-30-2007 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Correct puncuation mistakes
nyerinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #248  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Well, my two week resolve broke this morning and I couldn't believe my eyes!

I am down to 132...that's one pound away from my May goal! I can't believe it!

I can't wait for the June challange...I haven't been down in the 120's in 7 or 8 years! I can't wait!!! Yaay. At least half of the credit goes to this thread and the wonderful ladies I've met here. Together we can do it. I am so giddy with excitement I know this post is going to be all over the place.

Woo woo!! June here I come!

Nyerinuk! Welcome! I"m a formere NYC gal myself. I'm 34 and spent my late teens to my early 30's in Manhattan. HOw I miss it so sometimes! Now I live in NJ with my Hubby and two little kids.

pigginpodgey
I don't really know about plateaus all htat much...perhaps your body has just become accustomed to one way of being...and it's time to shake things up? After I dropped 4 pounds in the first week of this challange, nothing was moving for me...NOTHING!! And now....all of a sudden (it seems like overnight) the weight has come off!! All I can say is...hang in there!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 240/238/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekhika View Post
Well, my two week resolve broke this morning and I couldn't believe my eyes!

I am down to 132...that's one pound away from my May goal! I can't believe it!
Lekhika

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is so fantastic! Keep going as you are and you'll be in the 120's before you know. WOW!!!!!

I've lived in all 5 boroughs of NYC and Rockland County. I got around before I moved to England.

Again well done on your loss!

Cheers
Treasa
nyerinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #250  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

I need to go back and see what my goal was...
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:42 PM   #251  
One Busy Mom!

Okay, just checked... I wanted to lose 5 pounds by the end of May... but I never posted a starting weight!?!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:25 PM   #252  

oh bummer, I just wrote a big post and lost it all!!!!!! I'll make this a quickie as I am not feeling well and want to head over and start our new thread for june before logging out.

Treasa, welcome never too late to join, glad you did.

pigginpodgey, hang in there. For me it's not uncommon for the scale to not move sometimes after losing some weight, but by keeping at it, eventually it moves again. Keep us posted as to how you make out.

Lekhika, I am sooooo happy for you! congratulations!!!!

ok, as for me, I got on the scale today (a day early) and I am the same, not up or down. I am happy at this point that I maintained over the holiday weekend, parties, etc. 25 lbs..mark (feb. -9, march. -5, april. -7, may.-4) so its 4 lbs. lost this month. So glad I started when I did as it's been slower for me more than i thought. Those numbers do add up over time though ladies, so for any of you experiencing a slow loss or a stubborn scale for a bit, keep that in mind and keep on truckin!!!!! okay, ill go start our thread now. Ty once again to all of you for another great month together, for the support and encouragement. hope you all have a beautiful day and good luck to those of you weighing in tomorrow.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:30 AM   #253  
One Busy Mom!

Treasa, welcome! Wow, triplets?? Cool!!

Lehkika, congrats! 120s! How cool!! My goal for May is to get at least to 130, maybe 120s! So I'm right there with you!!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:08 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

okay i maintained this week so mays loss is 6/10 pounds but hey thats good and i usually lose that plateu (sp) after a week or so anyway I'd be more worried if i put on! hope you ladies have great losses for this month and I'm looking forward to june (yay my birth month!! oh wait that means cake damn)
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

So no loss for me this month - but Im due to weigh in on monday, which is June, so bring it on!! Ive been really shaking it up this week, doing different exercise, eating different foods, so hopefully something shifts!! see you in our june thread ladies!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote