Old 05-21-2007, 11:13 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

gonna weigh in on thursday because the month ends on a thursday and then i will be able to tie up nicely (hah that makes me sound SO much like my mother) hope everyones doing well, one of my friends gave me a recipie for low fat mac and cheese (300cals per serving woohoo!) so i may look into it and tell you how it goes... Oh yeah someone else said to use applesauce instead of butter in cake mixes, anyone try this? how did they turn out?
NOSNAH congrats on the medals i may find some charity events around my neck of the woods to try out!
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #212  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Hello all !!!

Hows everyone doing??? glad to hear everyone doing so well !!

I on the other hand had a horrible week last week it all started on tuesday when i was dropping my daughter off at preschool i got in a car accident. Thank god me and my son are just fine he got really scared and didnt want to get out of the car. Some idiot decided to drive 45 miles an hour in a school zone argh!!!! ok ok anyways ya so we are ok my back hurt alot after the fact but a little rest and some alieve worked. Then on wed i went to my moms house and made a sandwich and it was really good but after i ate the sandwich i went back to make my son one and saw that the ham was expierd ewwwwwww!!!!!! so of course later that day i felt like crap and tried to take a nap but couldnt then while watching tv my stomach started making these awful noises and of course i got dierriah (spelling ) and then got dizzy and nauseas and was totally throwing up and pale and clamy and dizzy and felt like i was going to die seriously i hate being sick like that. ok so i made a sick couch and laid down all day while the kids watched cartoons then my wonderful husband came home with cambells limes and saltene crackers and made it for me and boy did i feel so much better i seriously looked like the girl from the excorsist running down the hall spewing i have never been able to not control myself

so thursday i woke up and still felt a little down so i laid low and just walked on the tread not jogged and the same for friday then saturday we went to see shrek 3 really funny movie the kiddos loved it i had a bit of a headache afterwards but the husband wanted to go car shopping cause turns out mines totalled but really i wasnt in the mood to see the prices and warrantys so we went to one car lot then left home

sunday was fun we had the chocolate festival here in oakdale and we went then came home and got taco bell i managed to get a jogg in felt really well this morning i didnt want to step on the scale for fear of gaining weight but im still at 192 so yay for me.

i swear just looking at all the chocolate i thought i gained all my weight back !!!

oh yea i also got my nails done last saturday and slowly they started falling off :-( but the lady saw me at the festival and was like oh no way u need to come in so i can fix those for u score!!

so i guess a bad week can turn into a good one in no time

love u all

thanks for all the support

may 21- 192

goal 190

2 lbs to go

whoa!!!
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

buttermom - poor you, you have really been in the wars recently. Glad to hear your ok after your car accident, some people are such jerks - driving 45 in a kid zone, unbelievable.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #214  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Buttermom ~

How is everyone? Oh god, so much stuff is happening! Just typed a blog about it so check it out! (link in sig)
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #215  

hi ladies so nice to hear from you , as always!

Nosnahhhhhhhhh, congratulations girlllllll!!!!!! way to go! bravooooooooo. I know you had your teeth out today, hope your feeling okay. Tell me something, did you get high? lol my mother took me in when I got mine out and on the drive home I was so high I was giggling, etc. Oh man, lol. ANyways, I bet your releived. That is so cool with the regatta nosnah, congrats again : ). I used to do a walk for hunger, they have it annually here in BOston (20 miles) and I missed the deadline this year. It's something I really wanted to do. anyhow, hope your feeling okay and someone is there to make you some nice soup! : )

Lekhika, aw you, yw, im glad I know what you mean , often times I come in here and read what one of you wrote and gosh , it just makes it more real as you say or reaffirms it somehow. By the way, I have been following your blogs and really enjoy them : ) I think that is so nice that your doing that, perhaps ill drop a line sometime.....never done that but think i can figure it out I hope you had a wonderful time at the zoo, keep on trucking : ) your doing great!

pigginpodgey, right on! TOM typically always slows me down and quite frankly, a maintenence after tom is a godsend I think! great work girl keep on truckin.

hi mascara, I don't know about the applesauce in place of butter because I don't really bake right now, but perhaps others will have some more info. I do know that there is this product out there called z-trim , actually it is , or was, listed on the homepage of this site. It is a fat replacer and you use it to replace half the fat. FOr example, if a recipe called for say 2 Tbsp. of butter, you would use 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. z-trim. It is just a means of cutting calories this way and from the little I read on the topic, many claim there is no taste difference in their prepared meals, etc. I have yet to try it and seeing as I hardly eat butter or fats (very little in my fish recipe), my cal savings would not be very significant but definitely is on the backburner for future reference.

Jeez kid, your mac and cheese sure sounds good right now. Low cal recipe ha? Darn, I think I have only eaten pasta maybe 3 times the past 4 months (aside from rice on rare occassion). THe carbs don't agree with me and I retain fluids from it, but boy do I love it! ANyhow, be weary of the portion size and measure it because that can be tricky. Also , look into kraft fat free cheese (the yellow one), it rocks! It only has 30 caloreis per slice and is by far the best fat free cheese I have found. I have been eating it foryears. It is high in sodium though. ANyhow, if you ever have an inkling for cheese and are trying to keep it healthy, you can make a grilled cheese with whole wheat toast and a few sliced of this cheese. No butter in the pan, use pam butter flavored cooking spray to do it in the pan or put it in the toaster. Jeeeeeeeez, okay enough about this business, hahahaha : ) I am gettin ghungry! anyhow, if you want a low fat mac and cheese, think about trying the cheese i mentioned .....no butter though, just a lil' 1 percent or skim milk. Can I come over for dinner? hahaha

buttermom, my god! I am so happy that you and your boy are okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry you got sick from the h am, darn good thing you saw the exp. date before giving it to your son too! My dh knows how adamant I am about that stuff. Just last night, he went to use some ceasar dressing mix and it was a week past due! I said no way buddy, use the new stuff, this is no good! It is dairy based too and you can get very sick. I clean my fridge out every week and am good about checking dates but my condiments on the side door I dont check as often. I cant beleive it. Dh found a freaking yogurt there and ate it! he called me up today from work and told me i am going to freak out, but he ate a yogurt last night that expired in december!!!!!!!!! omg! It is a miracle the guy did not get sick! He didnt know it until after he ate it. I am glad you had a nice time at the choc. factory and the movies! congrats on getting your nails done what color did you do them? My mom works at a spa and when i lived closer, I would go but I do my own now as she taught me! ummmm, which need to be done! lol I love coral for summer, and also pinks! right on girl, keep up the great work! : ) do you do your toes in the same color? very sexy with open toe shoes for summer

Hi jasons, hug back girl. Hope all is well. I willllll be back to check your blog.

well ladies, as for my news, today we saw the sun for the first time in 5 or 6 days and boy was that a nice present! I managed my toning and treadmill today and that felt great, I am not as sick as I normally get so that's a good thing. We are due for some hot weather wed., thurs, friday. I am thrilled! I am going sea clamming on thursday as long as it's not red tide. Hope you all have a super night, talk soon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I kind of fell off the wagon for a little bit 2 weeks ago and gained 3.2 pounds, but have since lost 3 of that so I'm back on track now. I'm hoping for a good loss next week. I'm not going to make my goal for the month, but as long as I lost something I'll be happy.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #217  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Well I only lost a lb but that is alright..always next week lol. I realy wasent able to exercise saturday or sunday b/c I was sick, then yesterday just didnt have any energy b/c of I was recovering from being sick, so yeah it sucks lol. but im at 165 now.
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #218  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

hey all, wow i had an adventurous day yesterday. I got my wisdom teeth out which went as well as it could be. However, i can't work out for a week! That is crap... anyways, about an hour after i went home i got up for a sip of water and was going to change out the gauze, all the blood got me really light headed so i was trying to go back to bed when i guess i must have passed out. Cause i woke up on the floor covered in blood and i couldn't talk cause my face was swollen and filled with gauze a picture cause i didn't know what had happened and i touched it and there was blood over my hand, and i didn't have a mirror, i just knew it hurt and my face was gooey and runny. Long story short i had to go to the emergency room and got a cat scan and stitches... so now my mouth hole is hurty and my forehead is hurty. Fun day, i'm just going to lay around the house all day today and try not to injur myself anymore... lol

Buttermom: I am so sorry about the car accident! i'm so glad everyone is ok, that's all you can ask for in scary moments like that...

Jasonslea: Cool on all the new goodies, can't complain about a bed, car or computer!

Fullsteam: they gave me laughing gas when they started, and that made me feel loopy but it was good cause i was so nervous before... but after they didn't give me anything so i felt just a little drunk from the anethsetia. I'm guessing that's part of what made me fall.
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #219  

OMG I wasn't gonna post now but Buttermom you have really given me a little perspective now! I shouldn't whine about the little stuff anymore. Hope you and your family are safe and well.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Bobsgal – WTG for getting it back, its hard to lose gained weight and get back on track.

Nosnah – OMG owww!! Everytime I go to the dentist they casually talk about taking my wisdom teeth out. Umm not going to happen until they hurt or are ruining my other teeth! I hope you feel better soon!

So the sun is shining here, i have been super good all day with the food, have fish and a mound of veggies planned for dinner - also going to the gym after work. Was talking to a guy ive known for a while on sunday, and he kind of half offered to kick my butt at the gym - he knows im on a health kick etc, problem is girls, hes much much much too hot to see me red and sweaty!! LOL! Though i think it would be good to have a fitness freak boyf, haha think im getting ahead of myself?!? LOL! This man runs marathons, geez im not sure i could keep up!!!!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #221  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Mascara thanks we are just fine my son is still a little freaked about getting out of the car he holds on to me so tight :-( and myself well i am good and all but i just really dont like to drive anymore i miss my car i wont see it anymore i know we are getting a new one and all but its not the same im not excited about it i hate salesmen and i hate the prices of cars they are just way way too expensive argh!!!!! i told my husband to take care of everything and just bring me home a car that has 4 doors and dosnet crash ha ha lol like if thats ever going to happen.

well anyway thanks for the support i know it sucks to think that we can one day be crying over broken nails like i was on tuesday and then bam wed is a totally different story its just life id rather cry over broken nails then a broken car. ill let you know what we do

on a good note my daughter graduates from preschool today im up early to curl her hair and get her ready we made them little caps with tassles im so proud of her shes getting so big my little princess is about to step foot into kinder and it kinda just flys by after that be sure to check out my pics on my myspace ill be posting some of her later today

i hope u all take care

o and if you guys have a myspace add me so we can talk there too

welp i better go

marie

oh yea p.s. i weighed myself today even though its not my weigh in day and i was 190 im not claming it though till next monday but im extra excited for myself

ok ok im really gone now
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #222  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Buttermom, wow! Glad you all were okay. Poor little guy.

I've been doing allright...so so so busy. Went to the Y this morning, and I'm headed in a few minutes to volunteer at school- my last day of school banking ( a program I run ). I've almost drank 20 oz. of water already today-- that's very abnormal for me!! And this morning the scale went down another .5. But I don't count anything until official weigh in on Saturday morning.
HAGD!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #223  

Goodmorning ladies : )

I feel good today, yesterday was another story! Although I was not supposed to go on the scale during this time, I weighed in yesterday and to my pleasant suprise was down 2 lbs! : ) so I am very pleased. I'm going to take it through to the end of the month now and weigh in last day of the month, giving me about 8 days or so. Despite not feeling well yesterday, I did manage a walk.
I am excited because hot weather is coming our way! IT's going to be a tough one for me this week though ladies, with dh on vaca and it being the holiday weekend. I might be having some company over this weekend. I am going to have to becareful. Dh is taking tomorrow and friday off, mon. is a holiday so it's going to be a nice stretch. We'll def. being going out and planning cookouts. I'm thinking to stick with chicken on the grill as best i can or at least for the majority of the time. I will also need to incorporate my exercise into the activities.

bobsgal, bravo for losing that gain and getting right back on track!

wateraddict, your doing great girl! You already lost almost 10 lbs. this month, which is superrrrrr! I think your doing great! It's natural for the scale to show a smaller loss sometimes or even a maintenance inbetween or periodically after a good loss, of course it varies for all of us but you really are doing awesome so dont let that 1 lb. get you down! keep up the great work! I was losing very slowly past few weeks but i think i got past a set point now! As long as we keep it at, sucess is ours! : )

nosnah, god girl! I felt so bad to hear you fell and all! what a day indeed! Hope your feeling better.

mascara, so true! I know what you mean. When something like that happens or we are not feeling well, etc. , we just want to be well and have our health, first and foremost!

pigginpodgey, sounds like you got yourself a partner there! lol go for it!

HI maria, it's a shame about your car and all but honestly, you and your son are okay, thank god. I'm glad your getting another car to get around and its totally understandable your not wanting to deal with the car thing right now after everything that happened. Just glad you guys are okay : )

congratulationssssssss on your daughters graduation!

oh , I have to run! Have a wonderful day girls and let's keep on truckin, talk soon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #224  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning to everyone!

I have had a terrific two days in NYC thus far, we went to the Central Park Zoo on monday and the kids caught the seal feeding....then we saw the fabulous polar bear and baby colobos.....and then walked back some 30 blocks to my parents' apartment.

THEN we went to see those dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum. Another hit and fabulous day....we walked through central park this time!

Today we're going to Rockefeller center to do some window shopping, I don't know how much of a hit that's going to be with the children. And my Mom's a little tired today so we'll likely be cabbing it most of the time. I'll see if I feel up to it, I'll walk back alone.

I'm sorry for not doing any personals lately. I am with you ladies and commiserate and celebrate with each ofyou.

Together we can do it!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #225  

god the heat the heeeeeeat!! on wednesday it was like a furnace over here! but i still managed to walk home (all of the uphill struggle must be worth something right?) it makes you so tired aswell but at least my craving for sweet stuff goes away in the heat, i dont need any of that gooey sticky mess around when im this hot. anywho my weigh in was due today so i hopped on the scale and it said..............141 woohoop although it looks like im set to lose more like 8 rather than 10 pounds this month thats okay slow and steady and all that jazz