Old 05-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #166  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

wow, i'm so impressed at everyone's successes! It must be the impending memorial day weekend... summer is just around the corner and it is such a motivator! Nothing like the SUN and Spring air to make you feel a live (unless you have really bad alergies, then i guess it just makes your nose run)

This month is not going well so far, it has turned into a mantainence month, but it's only halfway through! maybe i can still turn it around. I really wanted to do the three day fruit flush, but i have to go to houston for work today and they cater meals and i knew it wouldnt be possible. I will def. do it, but i want to pick three days where i know i can. On a funny note, my wisdom teeth are coming out on Monday, so i guess that means i will be doing a mandatory 3 day liquid diet, lol... got to look at the bright side of things. Maybe that will help turn around my month! Ha

Hope everyone enjoyed their mother's day... and is having a great Tuesday!
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #167  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

wateraddict, wow! how are you losing so much so fast?
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #168  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Christine ~ I just had to say a special hello to you since you're from Texas! I love Texas....and no I've never lived there! It's just been my fave state since I was little. I'm weird like that.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

okay this is grrrrrrrrreat (as tony would say) with regards to my weight Gain before, it must have been water weight that hadn't been "processed" yet so I'm down to 144 pounds! you know its great to see the scale move past that little 1/2 stone mark.
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Ok how infuriating is it when you accidnetly eat extra calories?! i got some dried mixture that has cranberries, banana chips, raisins etc in it, it didnt have a calorie content on the packet and i thought it couldnt be that bad. I just looked it up on the net and there is 426 calories per 100g of this stuff!!!!! i would have been better eating chcoloate or something. It makes me really really cross!!!! They must have added sweetners etc into this stuff for the calories to be so high surely. So thats my rant for today!!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #171  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Wow everyone is doing so great and being so positive. it really is what keeps me accountable.

nosnah1011 it is true about the sun...I depend on it to keep me motivated, and we have been getting our share of it here in Toronto.

I had a very filling mother's day and I am trying to recover from all the caloric celebration. It was really easy to convince myself to indulge, not so easy to recognize that the party was over though. But today i am back on track. (Yesterday I was great until the end of the day when I convinced myself that a little microwave popcorn wouldn't hurt...410 calories later I managed to stop myself from liking the bottom of the bowl...what great restraint I show.)

Anyway I'm back to the sensible planning and I know I am going to be happier. I have my daughter's graduation coming up and I want to get something new to wear because we will undoubtedly take her out to a fancy restaurant to celebrate so I'll want to look good for it. So...I'm glad I have all of you here for inspiration and encouragement.

Catch up with you all later,
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #172  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnah1011 View Post
Nothing like the SUN and Spring air to make you feel a live (unless you have really bad alergies, then i guess it just makes your nose run)
If you see a chick with a runny nose, that's me. Everytime I step foot outside,
stand back..There's a Sneezicane coming through.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #173  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

WOOOT Mascara!

Piggin ~ That's why I'm trying to stop eating anything that doesn't have the nutrition label on it.

Ly ~ Congrats on your new grad!

Mary ~ Is that a WWF reference I see there? LOL
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #174  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hey ladies. Glad everyone is doing well! Congratulations on the weightloss! Even though I only lost a little I'm still staying on track. I allowed myself some extra calories today while remaining in target range and will meet my 5pm deadline!

I had a kickbutt work out and am revved up for the next weigh in.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:15 PM   #175  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Sure is Shari! LOL. I loved wrestling until Vince McMahon ruined ECW recently. Now I am boycotting it.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #176  

Hellooooo

It is so great to come in and read everyones posts! : ) I know I said it before many times, but I can't stop saying it! It is so great that we all have each other here, I love it! It feels so good to be abe to come in an d share our stories and the road of our journey together! For me, it makes a world of difference! I am sooooo happy, what a beautiful team! Ladies, congratulations on the weight loss and on the inches lost too! That is so super! It is so inspiring, I feel that we support and inspire one another and that is just so cool!

I had a super day! My mom had the day off and came over, we always have a great time together. It was a beautiful sunny hot day and we layed out in the sun together and then when dh came home we all went for a walk. After, we came back and t hose g uys went in the screen porch on the deck (we put it up this past weekend) and I served them grapes, crackers and cheese. I held off as I was busy in the kitchen cooking dinner. You know, it rai ned quite heavy at one point and we c ould of cared less because we were sheltered in the screen house. I made broiled haddock, string beans, greek salad, and baked potatoes (except no potato for me). A nice healthy dinner! It was so much fun and I actually just sat down now a few minutes ago. I was busy going in and out and making trips back and forth and I love that!!!!!!!! what a great day! okay, ill stop now, hahahaha sorry, I know i tend to ramble sometimes!

To top off a great day, I come in here now and read these great stories! how nice! I feel like we are all kicking butt in one way or another and then some........and also sticking together which is just so great! It is so inspiring to read of your losses and not only......but of the determination, etc. right on! and you know? we still have another 2 weeks and then some! Nosnah, what you said about the SUN, etc. holds so true for me! It makes me glow, I just love it! Everything is just so alive and vibrant this time of year!

water addict, that is super! congratulations on the loss

Lekhika, I think your doing great, really! You not only managed to maintain a large loss last week but go on to lose another 1/2 lb. and an inch off your waist! That's great : ) For me, typically when I have a good loss like that, the following week I maintain or have a smaller loss........I know we are all different but that's how it typically is for me. I see it as my body stabilizing the new weight. Keep up the great work

pigginpodgey, it is not at all unusal for me to gain 4-5lbs. of fluid during or right before TOM. I know that others are not affected the same way as our bodies vary and some woman only may gain 1 or 2, etc. For me, ugh! I typically put on fluids like crazy but have noticed since eating healthier I am not quite as bad as before. I still get bloated, just dont feel it as bad depending on what I am eating. I know it's hard seeing that gain .....even knowing its fluids,,, we just dont like to see that on the scale. Hang in there girl, keep in mind that staying on plan and just keeping with the program will have you losing that extra fluid in no time, and very possibly then some! I n the past, I would get so discouraged and hang my hat up during this time! but you know what? I found that just keep on going would yield a loss of the extra fluid and then a nice drop following that! so keep it up girl THose dried fruits are loaded with sugar! Good for you for reading the nutritional labels......we live and learn! It shows your dedication and diligence to your plan! THey say the fresh fruit is best........my dh loves that dried stuff too! ANyhow girl, as all I can say is, bravo bravo bravo! Your dedication shows 100 percent! keep it rocking, dont let that stupid scale get you down! fight it! TOM can be a real bugger, keep going on plan and those extra fluids will come off.

mascara, way to go!

Hi to you too jasonslea, its nice having you here

Lytricia, I am the same way about the sun! It never ceases to amaze me how affected I am by it verus grey weather! So nice to hear your news, as always! I am glad you had a nice mom's day. As for the popcorn, have you tried pop secret? THey have a light version and fat free version I beleive. It is very tasty and pops better than orville redenbecker, it is quite good and low in cals.....you may want to give it a whirl. It tastes good in and of itself so you need not add anything. When is your daughters graduation? congratulations Lytricia, to you and your daughter!!! this is wonderful.

sockmonkey? was that you I heard sneezing whilst out on my deck? hahaha Oh my goodness, I was sneezing a lot today too! My deck is yellow,literally yellow from the pollen! I don 't have allergeis, luckily, but I swear, pollen makes me sleepy.......how crazy is that??????? lol

Well ladies, what can I say? You guys rock!!!!!! Let's keep it moving. I can't beleive tomorrow is Wednesday already! wow! WIshing you all a great nights sleep and a fabulous happy and successful day tomorrow! Let's keep on truckin ladies, it s our time now! ciao for now
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

morning ladies! well if TOM wasnt enough i now have a streaming cold! Ugh! Im still here though, beavering away! went to the gym last for another hour, i do enjoy the exercise now im into a routine. This month im really hoping for a loss, any loss would do!!! This TOM stuff is getting too me, i got on the scales again today to see if the fluid retention has gone, nope, im still up 5lbs!!! Im so so worried that this ISNT fluid retention and that Ive gained back 5lbs! Fingers crossed ladies! I will carry on really working and wont weigh again til monday because im getting myself a little stressed out about it!!

FSA- sounds like you had a lovely day with your mom, your dinner has my tummy rumbling!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #178  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

piggin i feel you. on sunday i had dessert and i went up 5 lbs and i start tom next week. i weighed myself today even though weigh in is tomorrow and i'm only up 1 lb instead of 5. my husband is threatning to throw away the scale. i told myself extra water today and i won't weigh myself until tomorrow. hopefully by tomorrow i can lose at least the extra pound and some.
50lbs2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #179  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Good day here so far! I had some errands to run, so did some walking. Had a sensible subway lunch... how bad is raspberry iced tea??? I did get chips, but the baked ones.
Looks like the softball game may be cancelled...if so, I may head to the Y!!!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #180  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

FullSteamAhead: That dinner sounds yummy and your day with your mom sounds fabulous too.

Pigginpodgey: Hidden calories suck. THey really do and throw your whole plan off.

50lbs2go: I know it's not rational but that's the very reason I stopped weighing myself obsessively. I put the scale away after weigh in yesterday and now, (after 3 weeks of it being hidden) I don't feel the need to compulsively check my weight. Hopefully it is just TOM bloat!

Treighsie!: I have been craving a Subway BMT FOREVER but god I can't even think about that carb overload bread! Speaking of which, I hate to be the bringer of bad news but I think that Raspberry Iced Tea is loaded with sugar *runs for cover*

I had a great day so far, watched what I ate and had a killer cardio work out this morning! I love how a good workout just sets the tone of the day!

Glad everyone is checking in. It does wonders knowing that other people are commiserating and know exactly what it feels like.

Take care ladies!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote