Old 05-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default hey ladies, just checking in. been busy lol!

I've been discouraged as the scale has either gone up or stayed the same. ugh! However, I know I am eating well, know that I am drinking water and exercising. I KNOW I am being good, so it has to come off eventually RIGHT?
In the meantime, I tried on the next smaller size this week and it fit, so something is happening. I actually bought a size 16 skirt and a new shirt for a banquet this weekend. So, I am pretty pleased with that and trying to hold onto the positives.
Hope everyone else is doing well, check in ladies!
hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #182  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

to everyone who had a lose, good job... you should share some motivation about how your doing it... i am STRUGGLIN! those of you who have not lost this past week, i'm feeling your pain...
my weigh in this week was a sad +2 lbs. I have been seriously eating TERRIBLY! that's where it's all coming from, i don't have a problem working out, but it is SOOOOO easy to eat back calories you work off... so at least i'm still being healthy by working out.

Man, the worst part about eating bad is you feel it... my stomache has been HORRIBLE feeling, like boaty and just bad... you think that would be motivation enough to eat better... blah blah blah

jasonslea: woohoo Texas... what's funny is work is transferring me to Tulsa, Oklahoma, so i'm kind of in the process of moving... and i'm originally from Massachusetts.. what states have you lived in then?
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #183  
Greeneyz

S/C/G: 243/239/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, May was a tough start, but I think I am finally on track. I found an inspiring web site: http://www.pam-brown.com/transformation.html

She recommended the book Body for Life. I found that at the library as well as a website. There is such hope in looking at others before/after.

I am down 5 lbs. I have walked each day this week. I also took her advice of making promises to yourself and keeping them just as you would keep a promise to another. Each morning I have promised myself that I will make good choices, and so far, so good. In the evening you are suppossed to thank yourself and think about the accomplishments.

Maybe this will help someone else. Good luck!
Greeneyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #184  

Goodmorning ladies,

I'm a little blue but I will be damned if I stay in this state, I am going to turn it around today!!! THe week went great until yesterday, it was just a yucky day all around. I didn't get e nough sleep and was stuck in all day and night due to the rainstorms etc. I was extra hungry yesterday and didn't do well on plan, had a lot of white bread too which is typically something I stay away from, except for on rare occassion. I took the day off from exercising too. My analysis of my day (or things I feel led to yesterday) are feeling tired or lack of sleep, pre-TOM hunger and/or blues, the weather, and not exercising! lol THese are all things which may have affected me and I need to always watch for. I see a pattern in that not getting a good night's sleep does have an affect on me. So now that I analyzed yesterday, that's it, I am kissing it goodbye.......only taking my danger zones in mind and aside from that, yesterday is over ladies! TOday is a new day!

I don't feel that extra hunger today, infact the opposite which has luckily been the case for me. Maybe it's pyschological, I just don't let a bad day spiral. THe upset tummy feelings and particularly bad feelings or misery is just something I can't put up with anymore, **** no! I was in that state daily before starting plan and it is way too painful, no thanks! It feels so good to feel good again, healthy , energetic, etc. etc. Nosnah, that's what does it for me. THe negative reinforcement of the bad feelings or depression versus the great feelings.......and the negative stuff is overwhelming to the point where the positives outweigh it by far.......hm, I may have gotten that backwards but I think you know what I mean, it is so powerful ....it is a motivator for me to stay on track.

pigginpodgey, hope your cold is better and that your feeling better. That is superrrrrr that your keeping up with your workouts, keep at it and that scale will move for you! I don't see how you could of put 5lbs. in those 4 days, it must be fluids girl. I think its a good idea that your staying off the scale for now and just keeping at it. THose extra fluids don't always leave right away, what helps me to help it along is to drink plenty of water and stay away from salty foods, bread, cheese, etc. Keep up with the great working out girl and continue to watch your intake, your on the right track and in the end it will show! : )

50lbs.togo - amazing how our bodies can fluctuate so much, and for some of us, to quite a degree. Drinking plenty of water helps tremendously, I'll be sure to be doing that this week to lessen any pre tom fluid retention, etc.

hi treighsie, that's great that you got in some walking time. Those tea's really can have a lot of sugar in them and I would just be conscience of it depending on how frequently you indulge in them, versus an occassional thing. If you love ice-teas and order them frequently, you may want to get an usweetened ice tea...not sure how many places have it (chile's does). Anyways hun, sounds like you made some conscience food decisions : ) and let me tell you girl, I wish rasperry tea was my main concern regarding my consumption yesterday! : ) keep up the good work.

Lekhikaaaaa, congrats on a good day! It is so true what you said about the workouts setting the tone for the day! IT works that way for me and yesterday my taking the day off .....well let me just say I am pretty certain that I would have been much more successful (even given the other factors) if I had done my workout! As soon as I log off, I am going to get my tail in gear and do my workouts. THe housework can wait! lol

tracyg40, you bet! Keep on doing what your doing and you can't go wrong, way to go Congratulationssssss on fitting into a smaller size and on your new skirt etc. keep up the great work.

Nosnah, working out is a big deal! when is that regatta again? As for the rest, hold your chin up girl. We start a new day today, get ready to kick some butt! I have my meals planned for the day, evening etc. that sure helps.

Greeneyes , congrats on the 5lb. loss that is super! Also , ty for sharing the website with us and the words of encouragement and tips!

With that being said, I am ready for our new day! My promise for today is to drink plenty of water...fruits, salad, fish, veggies! oh and my workouts which I have to go do right nowwwwwww. I hope you all have a great day. I'll check back in tonight. Ciao for now girls. let's kick hiney
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #185  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Can somebody please tell me why I ate almost a whole box of Milk Duds???? I got up, did aerobics at the Y, then went to WM to do some shopping for DS's birthday party. Started to feel hungry, saw the box of milk duds, had a free coupon in my box... and you know the rest. I feel so yucky!! Don't even want to guess how many points that was. Guess I'm eating cailuflower for the rest of the day
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone.

ON Tuesday I hurt my back pretty badly which means no exercise for a while. I'm going to watch what I eat and hope all goes well.
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #187  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

hey all.

just a quick note..havent been around much..super busy. gotta get the house all cleaned for this weekend. It's the kick off to camping..woohoo. Going away for the may 2-4 weekend with the family. I went to the gym yesterday, and had an AWSOME work out. burned 500 calories...going to try to get over there again tonight.

I've noticed the increasing number of "TRACY's" on this board...would just like to say...that's my name too lol.
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #188  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

well, i've been good. i am a little disappointed with the scale. but at least it did not go up ( at least not today) so i guess all in all i am still good, but not sure if i will make my goal.
50lbs2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

okay i know i shouldn't but i weighed myself again and im down to 143! i feel so happy now! hopefully this should keep me on track for the wedding on saturday.
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #190  

Hi there girls : )

It's a bit after 7:30 p.m here and the day flew. IT's been a good day. I did my toning and then headed out the door for a walk. It was cold and raw again today but the rain let up a bit and I figured it would be very good for me to get outdoors awhile today so off I went. I dressed warm and brought an umbrella as it looked like it may pour at any time. It was good therapy indeed! Even with the not so great weather, I enjoyed being outdoors. IT's a short drive to my route (about 10 min.) and although it is quite a busy road, the road is lined with brick sidewalks and these cool old federalists style homes (and victorians) with finely manicured front lawns. All of the lilacs, wisteria, and flowering trees are in bloom and just the scent of them whilst walking along is enough to lift ones spirits!

I went grocery shopping right after (only a few minutes from walking route) and got some ingredients I needed for my planned weekend. I kept rather busy and didn't sit until just a bit ago. I am soooooo happy I got my tail outside for the walk ladies, I heard the weather and we are due for a washout tomorrow. I'm all set with the grocereis too. Tomorrow, I'll do my dvd and treadmill. I can't beleive it's friday tomorrow! It sure is going by quick, or at least that's how it feels to me. ANyhow, we have exactly 2 weeks left to our month from today so let's keep on truckin.

Treighsei, apparently you were hungry! I feel that it is so much easier to give into temptation w hen we are hungry, that's why it's one of my so called danger zones and I try to never let myself get too hungry. I eat something before I go! That darn mall and their food courts, lol! I am not kidding! For me, it's a do not enter zone.......and that's because perhaps I am not disciplined enough to just go have a salad in one of them. THose darn scents coming from that place infiltrate my senses and god help me if I am hungry! I eat before I go and just walk on right by those food courts! Even then, the wafting scents coming my way, omg! Treighsei, try not to be too hard on yourself. I know the feeling girl, I am pretty hard on myself when i sidetrack but if i get too hard on myself it impedes me. I have learned to cut myself some slack now, but only to a point....gosh, it's that ever delicate balance or dance or one in which we need to find which best suits our individual needs....both emotionally and pyhsically. THe suggestion I offer is take or learn from it, what your trigger was, apparently hunger and try to counteract it next time....i.e, eating before you go or having a planned lunch somewhere along the way. I recently read that 1 serving of wheat bread, etc. is twice as filling as whites and I have personally found this to be true! Also, along the lines of "you on a diet" (by dr. oz, etc.), having a small bit of protein 20 minutes before a meal can also help (like a hard boiled egg). ANyways kid, I am ramblinggggggggg again : ) feel better, think about what you did do!!!!!! You did your aerobics and then you went shopping so you really burned some cals there and reved up your metabolsim! It seems like we have mulitple goals going here, not just food wise, but health, exercise, etc. .. the list goes on. I always was hard on myself when and if I do not acheive perfection in every arena and now though I of course strive for my best in every avenue, I have learned to pat myself on the back for what I did achieve! to forgive myself and learn from what I did not and how to improve the following day..........we are all human afterall. Allowing myself a craving on occassion (preferably on rare occassion and in moderation) keeps me from feeling deprived and I feel aids me in my quest of a healthy lifestyle. We are all different , and our bodies and what works for each and every one of us varies....or how much or litte we can indulge in certain things and that's why I feel that Lytricia's suggestion of keeping a journal is ideal.

ktandthesmurfs, what happened? I am so sorry! Please try and not worry about the exercise right now, just get better, that is first and foremost. Wishing you a speedy recovery and remember we are here for you so post away!

Hi jellybeanz, another tracy ha? : ) I am so happy for you that you got your new camper and are getting geared up for your camping weekend! way to go sweety. Congrats on the workouts too! super! Have a great time this weekend! : )

50lbs2go, madi said it best when she said maintenance is hard work too. Let's keep it going, as I always say, that bugger scale is bound to move when we fight it and just keep on truckin.

mascara, congrats on the scale going down for you! : ) have a super time at the wedding on Saturday.

well ladies, great to hear from you, as always. Hope everyone has a great night and a happy start to the weekend tomorrow. Talk soo n : ) Sia
Old 05-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #191  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I had an off day. I was feeling extremely lethargic this morning so decided to take it easy....
BUT...got on the treadmill in the evening anyway and did about 3 miles. Not my usual workout but better than nothing. I will work out hard tomorrow!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

It seems that I have gained half a pound sinc hurting my back which is really frustrating. But my back is allready feeling better so hopefully I'll be back to (slowly) exercising by Wednesday. I'm not going to push it and I'm just going to do things that don't strain my back at all.
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #193  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

fullsteam: my Regatta is on Sat! I have 5 races in one day... each race is a 1000 meter sprint, which lasts 4 minutes. I think my heart is going to explode... it should be interesting

kt: it sucks when you get hurt, i had surgery on my leg last month and it KILLED me that i couldn't work out for 2 weeks... just do as much as you can
without pain and it'll get better!

I get my teeth out on Monday! so i am going to be drugged up and on a liquid diet for a little bit, and then i leave for Scotland on Thursday. come back next Tue. then i work three days pack up my crap and move on up to oklahoma. oh and i filled out an apartment application today, so hopefully all that is set up. There is a little drama with the Relocation Package, and so it may be cutting it close to when i actually have to move, but hopefully everythign will work out ok ::crosses fingers::
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #194  

Hey ladies, good afternoon and happy Friday!

Nosnahhhh, good luck tomorrow with the regatta races! wow, you have a busy shedule indeed! You will be so releived once you get your teeth out and it's over and done with! I didn't feel a thing, I don't even remember anything! THe only thing I remember is the nurse saying "oh what a good patient" yeah sure, hahaha....whatever they gave me knocked me out....it was over before I knew it. Have a great weekend girl

kt, I am glad that your back is feeling better.

Lekhika, hope your feeling better today and having a good day. Bravo for still managing a workout yesterday. I felt like that the other day (lethargic) and that day I just couldn't get myself to move!

Yesterday went well and I slept like a rock! I feel really good today despite the pouring rain. I got in a great workout today and built up a sweat, which I just love! Figured I would take a break and come in and say hi, I am going to go putter around now, plenty to do here.

How is everyone else doing? I h ope that everyone is well and and that you all have a fantastic weekend : )
Old 05-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #195  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone! Went to the gym this morning again. I love going there!! And I'm trying to drink water... I weigh in tomorrow... I'm a little nervous... I want to lose lose lose!!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote