Old 05-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

weighed myself just now and i am 147 pounds so my goal is to be 137 pounds by june 1st. had a good day today but had track in school so i only walked 2.6/4 of my planned miles coz i was tired after running the 1500 (i came 32nd/64 in my class wooop wooop ). if i manage to lose this 10 pounds and keep losing at the same rate i should be around 132pounds by my b'day which means I'll no longer be considered overweight (by my bmi) what a great b'day present!! of course im not expecting anything in fact if anything im a little pessimistic.
oh yeah and at risk at sounding amazingly stupid what do you mean by onederland?
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #32  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Congrats Mas! ONEderland is basically when we get under 200.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #33  

Thank girdle for this thread!!! I'm going to try for a whopping 15 pounds and that's because I always lose 6 pounds of water really, really quickly!!!

I feel really unhappy right now, but also highly motivated too at the same time.....ugh, no wonder my head hurts.

It's going to be fun because everyone seems so into it.

Ray xo
Ray of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #34  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys

Wow there are a lot of posts...and lots of new people this month...welcome everyone.

This month will be better I promise myself. I only lost 4 pounds last month and even at that it was hard. I am going to go the counting calories route. I have found a great site that has a fantastic journal and calorie counter so I'm filling it in everyday. One of the things I have discovered about myself is that although I usually average about 1000 -1200 calories a day...about 50-55% comes from fat! I guess I never realized that. So I am analyzing all the data this site gives me and my goal for April is to change that percentage and get it between 20 & 30%.

This strategy coupled with the running I have been doing (5K 3-4 times per week) and who know what will happen. I am not setting a weight loss goal this month. For now I am going to focus my attention the plan – not the end result, because without a solid plan…I don’t achieve the end result and that makes me cranky!

Until Later…
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 AM   #35  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

hey all...
it took me two days to find the new may challenge!!
Hello again to all the April Challenge kids and a special hello to everyone new!

look forward to chatting with everyone!
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:15 AM   #36  

I was off to a bad start yesterday but feel great today. The sun is out, which makes a huge difference for me and I slept really deeply last night!!

I think I will stop TRYING. I try for everything and it feels like I try all day long. I'm just going to quietly acknowledge that I'm doing this......watch my calorie intake, exercise and think of other things too!!!!

Ray xo
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #37  

goodmorning everyone

How's everyone doing? HOpe you all had a good day yesterday. It's nice to come in and read the posts, as always. Yesterday went ok for me but it was a funky day. I had my beef as planned but I had more bread than I would have liked. I found myself more hungry than usual yesterday and I really am not sure why, it's not around TOM right now. As much as I attempted to sleep early the night before , I didn't sleep well and felt sooo tired....maybe that had something to do with it, don't know....or perhaps my body needed something. I had plenty of protein and carbs for energy and I got a good night's sleep so I feel like myself again today! Also, that hunger seems to have passed, looks like it was a one shot deal and just lasted a day, so that's good! Despite my lack of energy yesterday, I did manage a 40 minute walk in the early evening, so I am thankful for that. I also picked up a nice watermelon for when I want something cold and sweet.

Jellybeanz, way to go on the workout! BOy does that soak in the hot-tub sound soooo good! : ) Do they have a pool at the gym too? As for the 239, TOM just came around the other day and most likely just a temp. fluid retention. I once read that right after TOM, metabolism is high and to take advantage of it by exercising, etc. and the weight rolls right off. The extra fluid takes a hike too, I always have to watch my salt intake around that time though. ANyways girl, keep up the great work

buttermom, I think your goal of 7lbs. is a very reasonable number and not small, particularly as you have already lost quite a bit and at this phase. I had to work hard for the 7 last month and will be golden to do that again this month. I sure am going to give it my best shot and just hope the loss doesn't slow down too much on me yet....but whatever it takes, I am going to keep on truckin! YOur doing great buttermom : ) LEt's keep it going.
What did you mean by doing some challenges and posting how we all did? Could you elaborate a bit? Do you m ean like a daily thing? IF so, mine will be......no bread today! lol

JasonsLea, congratulationsssssss on the 5.8 lbs loss! That is a great start indeed! : )

Mascara, the 2.6 mile you walked is great! Given your current weight, I am not sure how quickly you will lose but we are all different and it's hard to say. I feel that Lytricia hit the nail on the head along the lines of saying how she is putting her focus on the plan and not so much the numbers or end result. Do the best you can, focus on plan and the so called "end result" will follow.....you may just hit that goal or get close to it. Keep on truckin and bravo on the run!

Ray, hi there. Hope your feeling better. I know how you feel, we want that weight off and we want it fast! I have my numbers goal in mind but am putting all of my focus into my plan, day by day, and just doing the best I can and I am going to remember and remind myself of what Lytricia said (for when that loss is slow sometimes) because I feel that sometimes we can get hung up on the numbers and it can really be discouraging. HOpe your having a great day : )

Hi Lytricia, congratulations on the 4lbs! I lost 5 my second month, I was getting impatient but kept at it and those numbers add up!!!! Lytricia, I think your stategy is super!!!!! and one for us to all keep in mind! RIght on! I am wondering if the site you go to is fitday? I don't utilize it myself but have heard many many people raving about it and how helpful it is. Sometimes when I want to look up nutritional info. I go to calorieking.com. It's very good and also lists about 80 fast food chain restaurants. THey have a book in print as well which I want to get for my mom and myself. I looked it up and saw that they have it at borders bookstore. I watch my fat grams too, watch out for some of those frozen dinners! I always get some as back-up and have them in my fridge, should I not feel well to cook or don't have the ingredients in store, etc. SOme of those are highhhh in fat content! ugh! I always read the nutritional labels, needless to say, having back-up this way has saved me on a few occassions.
ok, am I rambling again? lol I guess that's a good sign, I am rested and have my energy back! Anyhow, I think your strategy rocks and congrats on the running THat's super.

Hi nosnah : ) hello to you too! I am one of those "April challenge kids", I will always be a kid! Hope all is well

okay ladies, I best be moving my tail because this kid has a ton of stuff to do today and yessssssssss, I am going to put my exercise first and duties after! It's a new day , let's focus on today and making it a good day! Have a great one all nice to hear from you all, talk soon.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #38  

ray, I just saw your post! RIght onnnnnnnn girl

I slept good last night too, it makes a world of difference, jeesh. Ok, I have to run. Have a good one : )
Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default howdy ladies, hope all is well today

I changed my ticker but I kinda feel like a fraud lol! my first mini goal was below 180 and my scale has read 179.6 for several days, so I claimed it but until it reads a solid 179 i'm gonna feel like a fraud. Tom is almost over, so maybe by monday's weigh in, I will be there?!!!!
hope everyone is doing well! good luck! I also added a more strenuous workout, so maybe that will help?!
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #40  
Buttermom

S/C/G: 220/205/165

Height: 5.4

Hello all yea so i went to the dr.s office yesterday and i weighed 197 so yea im sticking to my 7 lb goal just make it an even 190 she said that i looked really good she noticed before i even weighed myself that made me feel really good .

Fullsteam hello thanks for the support makes me feel better i know 7lbs is alot of weight but i do notice that i have slowed down a bit im thinking of going to the personal trainer for some pointers .

as for the challenges im thinking like maybe a new work out video or maybe setting a challenge like a new way to work out or something maybe like a weekly challange and when we weigh in we will say how we did like u with the no bread thats awsome and then ull let us know how u did on monday !!

well u guys dont have to of course just adding some more action to my weekly weigh in

ok so my weigh in will be monday and for this week my challenge is to actually complete my work out dvd I have the method cario bootcamp and last time i did it (years ago :-) ) i did like 5 minutes and i was done so this time ill do it from start to finish it says it has 3 high energy, super-toning, fat burning workouts ha ha ha ha so ya ill let u all know how i do

well i hope everyone is having a good day here in cali it started raining me and my aunt and my sister do daily walks around an indurstrial area infront of my house but dosnet seem like well get to do our one hour outside maybe ill invite them over and well have a treadmill party ha ha ok so really im done for now i get out of control with my typing ha ha and sorry for the mispelled words i have a tendency to just forget when im on here oh well

ok so anyways adios

marie
buttermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #41  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Is it too late to join in? I weigh in on Tuesday mornings. Im hoping to loose 5-10lbs this month!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #42  

Hi all! Welcome to everyone who just joined. I hope we all have a great month! I've been doing great, and then today, I got really hungry and ate a big lunch (turkey, ham and provolone sandwich/popcorn/banana and string cheese. Don't know why I have to tell what I ate, but feel like I should. ). Ugh. I will make sure to have a SlimFast for dinner and get some time in on the treadmill. I don't want to take anymore steps backwards, I've been doing that for too long and have come too far (finally)! Have a great day, ladies!
MygirlsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #43  

I was just tweedling around on my lunch hour and I was just thinking: why don't I just get the job done (weight loss that is) it just seemed so simple in that moment. Mind you I was staring into the sun.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #44  
Greeneyz

S/C/G: 243/239/150

Height: 5'4"

This is my first entry, and I have never tried blogging before.
I guess I will get weighed tomorrow and check back here.

I need to find out how to add the measure at the bottom of the post.

I am 43 and have been overweight since I was 7 years old. I would like to lose 108 lbs. I am not sure how I will accomplish that, but I look forward to reading the posts.
Greeneyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #45  

Hi again ladies ,

Jenn, wateraddict, and greeneyz It's never too late to join, welcome aboard! Greeneyez, glad you posted! Don't worry about the entry, etc. , we will help you along the way

Tracy g? 179.6 is below 180, so yesssssssss girl, come on, you made it to that mini goal! Of course you did! congratulations : ) As for TOm and and all that, what really helps me is to stay away from salty foods and whites! No white bread , pasta of any sort, and cheeses........which really retain fluids....at least for me! Well, I really can't have anything salty much at all that time.......no red meats etc. and must stick with low fats like chicken and fish.........veggies and fruits, and lot's of water. This helps me eliminate the extra fluids. Working up a good sweat through exercise helps too! : )

buttermom, congrats on that weigh in! As for that slowing down, I am determined more than ever to fight it, I just learned a warm front weather pattern is coming our way! Lot's of water, fish, chicken, fruits and veggies for me! I am breaking out the bazooka's girl! I truly think your rocking, keep up the great work! buttermom, I love your idea of the weekly or daily challenges, etc. sure, w hy not??? whoever wants to participate can, whether it be a daily or weekly thing. For me, holding myself accountable in such a fashion really does help, I think it's a great idea, go for it girl! I am curiousssssssss, is your bootcamp dvd workout by denise austin by any chance? I just sent away for some new dvd's about 2 months ago or less? but still do her old workouts. If your doing the one I think you are, that's like a whole 3 segments, 20 min. each??? and of high impact? hey, lol. I love your spunk, I push myself too but just becareful not to push too hard too soon! We need to find a balance in our push factor, ohhhhh, i hope I am making sense? anyways girl, go for the gold and let us know how you make out. and always remember, guage yourself against yourself!!!!!!!!!! your own fitness level and where your at, what others are doing is insignificant! We start by starting with what is a bit of push for us and gradually increase to where we want or always with that slight push. Oh god, am I sounding like a mother hen? Just trying to help : ) anyways, love it, love it, your idea! I think it is right along the lines of our one day at atime thinking, and with that being said, hmmmmmmmmm, okay, I will do my toning and walking tomorrow, no bread and ah yes, my omelettes for dinner!

wateraddict, love your nick, welcome aboard once again : )

mygirlsmommy, can I mug you darlin? hahahaha that sandwich sounds mighty fine to me! lol I am glad you posted. Sometimes if I feel or felt I ate more than I wanted for the day, I say to dh, "hey, can I tell you what I ate today?" lol somehow, I just need a reality check or whatever it is. Often times, he would come back at me with, "what? nooooooooo, that's real good"! It helps to get an objective viewpoint sometimes and although it's all relative, it sure can help! It's wild you know, like to me, what you had does not sound that bad but yet I know that I would feel, and have felt, the same way, if I had or have something over plan! On a few occassions my girlsmommy, I did the same thing. I would have what I consider is a big lunch or at least more of a dinner than a lunch. I did exactly the same thing as your doing, I would reverse lunch with dinner on those occassions, thus having say a salad and or fruit or raw veggies for dinner! I rationaled that at least by reversing my lunch with dinner, that I (as most of us) typically burn most cals during the day! Needless to say, it did work out! On those few occassions i did that, and reversed meals, it worked! I don't do that often because I love my dinners, lol and am more of a night person...but on occassion when that happened I got through it by doing what your doing! I like your plan, onward and downward! keep on truckin!

Ray? I was stuck for a long time. I couldn't move forward until I let go of the past or stopped feeling sorry for myself for whatever reason. Let it go girl, start fresh, and start anew! I feel that we need to, or it helps us, to take with us what ailed us in the past as far in as helping us with the future, but aside from that, I truly feel its best we let it go and move on. I hope I am not coming out too strong, I am only trying to get across what helped me.....and what helped me was to somehow forget all that and leave it behind so that I can move forward. I love the sun too ray! May you always feel its briliance!

greeneyes, once again welcome aboard! THere are so many different diet plans on here, scope the boards out....you may find one which suits you

well ladies, a pleasure as always! I had a great day! I did my workouts and felt energetic today, much unlike yesterday!! Hearing that a warm front is coming our way surely is added incentive! I am like full steam ahead 10 fold now! lol. I want to say ty once again for being here! Without you all here, and your wonderful support, I know I would not have been as successful. You guys rock! thanks girls Let's keep it going. We have to finish up a good day tomorrow and to awaken to a successful and good day tomorrow! let's hold strong. Always, Sia