Old 01-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #151  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Dolly Pie- Mexican food is a HUGE temptation, but there are tricks of the trade, take it from a Fort Worth girl. First of all, a lot of restaurants are doing grilled fish recipes that are delicious with lime and salsa, secondly, chicken soft tacos without cheese are virtually angelic as long as you watch the portions. On the cocktails, shy away from the sugary sweet margarita. You can opt instead for a Michelada. It tastes kind of like a margarita, but is made with beer - even light beer and it is balanced out with lime juice and a tiny little dot of hot pepper sauce thrown in for fun. Also, I portion out a little plate of 6-10 tortilla chips the second I sit down and then I break those into little bits to dip, spacing them out until my meal comes. Trust me, I went out for a Mexican food dinner the other night and enjoyed everything I had for under 500 calories. You can too! Just be creative and don't think of what you are missing out on. Margaritas have been served before you were born and they will be there when you reach your goal weight. It isn't that you aren't EVER gonna have it again, just not right now. Think of how proud you will be when you wake up tomorrow with no feelings of remorse or regret! Best of luck girl!
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Happy Friday!

Hi everyone!

Some great posts--wonderful to hear from everyone. sounds like most of us are doing pretty good and stickign with our goals--that is great in our second week--the time is going to go really fast so lets all stick with our goals till may!

Whew--it was cold today in Santa Barbara--I actually wore two sweaters and had a fire in my house! I had a great day--my girlfriend took me out for lunch and to a massage--it was great! I have an nsv--my friend had a piece of chocolate cake with ice cream--my favorite and it sat in front of me for half and hour and I did not touch one crumb!! Then I came home and took mywalk with the hubby and the dog--my face still feels cold!

Aimin--that is some good advice--for me the chips would be problematic too--I could just inhale the whole basket! But our idea about portioning them out and breaking them up makes sense. After all the more we can go eat at our regular hang outs and still stay on plan the better!

Luxor--great job with the exercise--I admit I love doughnuts but they make me feel sick afterwards so I mostly can avoid them.

Worldsbestmom5: Thanks for doing the totals for us! It will be fun to see if we meet out goal or even surpass it! Tell us about you plan of exercise and eating! Also let us know your motivation for losing.

Annie--I relate to the bloating--I feel totally pms and I alwasy feel like my skin is all stretched tight. Great job on the outing--looking doesnt cause any weight gain--right?

Dolly: you have been doing great for so long--I know you can manage your eating this weekend!

Kate--now is the dyson vacumm a special kind? I would like to have a better one.

Nina: great reasons why you want to lose!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #153  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Tgif

Evening Chicks,

WBM5. Do tell abit about your plan and goals. Adding everything up really looks impressive. Now lets make those goals a reality chicks.
Annie I'm not usually such a gym fanatic but I need knee surgery due to an accident I had in Oct. The only exercise I can do is low impact and the weights are really helping rebuild my torn leg muscles. I'm on a waiting list for the surgery but it won't happen until April.
Aimin you really have the restaurant thing down to fine art. I love eating out but usually choose Japanese while trying to loose but Mexican is my favorite.
Luxobea my gym is crazy right now too. It should last until mid Feb and then things calm down. People are past their New Years resolutions. I don't know how you can pass donutes up. Next to chocolate they're my biggest weakness.
Hope you've finally kicked that headache Card. You should hear my house some days what with my hubbie and 15 year old son go at it tooth and nail just for fun. I've threaten all three of my teens with family counciling so many times I finally made them all sit down and write out and sign codes of appropriate conduct. Can you tell I'm psychology major. It works pretty good but I think it's the threat of having to do the contract all over again that keeps them in line.
Cubb I think a few extra calories once in awhile especially if they include "good fat" keep your metabolism guessing. I've hit some of those Jan. sales myself.
Katie I was looking at a dyson last week. Is it as good as they claim?

I'm taking a break today from the gym and just relaxing after a busy week. I'll be going both days this weekend though. My house is in a rare state of quiet and there's no way I'm going to give this time up. A good book and a cup of Tazo Zen green tea are on the agenda for this evening.

Have a great weekend and to all

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 246

Default diet and exercise

I am trying to follow the 6 week body makeover as seen on tv. I am eating chicken and tuna, veggies, grapefruit, pineapple, potatoes and rice. Mrs. Dash on everything and egg whites. I hate egg whites so I have got to switch that.

I had grilled up a ton of chicken and froze it and have kept it at work. Now I am out of it and we have a ton of snow. It is also butt cold out there and I am not grilling! SO I guess I will bake. I have the chicken already.

Excercise: I work at a university and they have many services available to us. I signed up for yoga (mon and Wed) and pilates (Tue and Thur). There is also a drop in water aerobics after work at 5:30 Tue & Thur that I plan to attend. I also want to do dance dance revolution with teenage daughter on weekends.

I love water and usuaslly don't have a problem drinking it. I can up the amount though. Often get 40oz.

Personal life: I do have 5 kids 20 year old just moved back out but this time into a dorm on my campus. He is doing better than in the past. I think he can do it this time. Before (@ 18) he moved out in anger and into his own place. (Bad idea for a stupid 18 year old.)

18 year old is enlisting in the Air Force and leaves the end of the month.
SAd for me. Not handling it to well. I am so selfish. I think it will be good for him but I am scared for him. But he is a big boy. I don't know if it will be good for me!

14 yo daughter, brat. She has her moments when all the stars align. She really isn't that bad. Just stubborn

12 yo son, Still wonderful he really is fun to be around.

6yo son. in kindergarten and he is so fun and a little monster too! WE never spoil him.

As for hubby. He stays home and tries to run the house or does it run him? He has MS and stopped working 2000. We always said he would raise the last one. DH (Which I am not sure what that really means... Dearest Hubby...dedicated hubby....dorky hubby....dirty...dusty...dingy...demanding.... these last ones came from the kids!) gosh what was I going to say?

Well he not at interested in watching his weight, not that he is fat. He has a big gut though, which to him is something to be proud of. I told him when he has his heart attack not to come crying to me. So he eats what he wants when he wants and brings all manner of junk into our lives. So I am only here on the homefront. Oh, he says to me do whatever you want he doesn't care what i look like. I should take this as a compliment I am so wonderful that it doesn't matter what the package looks like. Of course we won't talk about his tastes really! I will live in my fantasy world!

I am trying to catch up on all of you. I am reading your posts and will start getting involved in them soon. Good weekend all.
worldsbestmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #155  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

ok ...Iam hear to tell you all I messed up tonight ..big time and I have to take the walk of shame I dont think I will be weighing in on monday ..cause if i do it will be discourseing so I will wait till next monday and kick my *** for not staying on track why did I do it I dont know ...expeciall when all was going so well ...... Fat Annie
annie4atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #156  

Hey Annie,
Chin up We all have those days. It's what you do after that counts. One day is but a bump along the road. Reset your goals and work day to day for small successes. Don't beat yourself up. I had one of those days on Monday but just set my resolve for Tuesday and took until Wednesday to get it right but have been on track ever since. If your having a hard time stay on plan you might need to tweek it a bit. I can only go low carb for about 3 days and then need to include healthy complex carbs with my protein for a couple of days.

Nina
Old 01-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #157  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

thanks!! I bought dr ozz book .I get it tomorrow so will read all i can to motivate me ... I just needed those carbs you are right ... and back on plan ... interesting to see what dr ozz has to say ..He says that he can take inches off your waist line like megs inches in only 2 weeks ..hey . I have to try ..cause IAm diabetic and need to get it off there ... thanks for the kind words .. Annie
annie4atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #158  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone not doing so well right now but ill tru harder
by the way 40 before 40 and all of the low carbers
what do you guys consider low carb
are fruits allowed or is it basically an atkins like diet that
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #159  

Mia I'm not doing low carb but following Body for Life eating plan which allows protein complex carb combining and fruit is definately allowed when combined with proteins like low fat dairy or portion controlled nuts etc. I'm also trying to practise intuitive eating(carefully paying attention to the reasons why I eat or want to eat) Atkins is to restricting for me and I don't feel well when I restrict carbs to much. A bad day can easily turn into a bad week into a bad month etc. if we dwell on the negative. I have learned to forgive myself after a slip and get on with it. Think about why and make it happen is how I'm focusing these days. I know you'll have a better day tomorrow.

Nina
Old 01-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #160  

i have the bfl plan from the site it seems very doable i just can not seem to get a protein and carb in for the snacks i normally eat 3 meals a day and a possible snack due to my hectic work schedule.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #161  

hello again,

annie4atkins- don't beat yourself up...it takes time to change habits...just remember your success and know you can keep going...

wbms-hello and welcome to you...i just joined the group a week ago and am finding all kinds of helpful advice and good support...5 kids...wow..i have 4 but 5 wow!!!my kids range from 21-3 years...so i have a spread too...thank god they all aren't teenagers at once!

snow-i laughed when you said cold was 'two sweater' weather... i live in ontario canada and i am more suited to two sweater climate...lol...but am here...

i have the gray and yellow dyson..it has the same ampage as the more expensive purple/gray model but is less costly and it has a few less attachments than the purple/gray one....i have two cats...and the family...and i actually have mostly wood floors..but i prefer vacuuming over sweeping...think it does a better job (just personal preference)...i didn't mean to become the dyson unpaid representative...lol...and honestly i'm not a clean freak...two things i don't mind doing laundry and vacuuming...confession is over!

maifluker-don't let an eposoide or two of not great choices let you give up...it will work...be patient..and try again...

i have stayed on track with my eating...but not my excercise...i was looking at an excercise thread and one woman recommended just telling yourself i only have to do 5 minutes..then when she was excercising...she told herself only 5 minutes more...and soon she talked herself into doing her full excercise routine...i'm going to try this...
take care,
kate
kate66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #162  

thank you so much for the support Kate66, your right
i also have a hard time working out i think im going to try to do the 21 day challenge again but do it for 10days i have a feeling if i just get into the habit of working out then i will not have a problem because i feel so good afterwards, i just need to hold myself acountable
Old 01-14-2007, 11:09 AM   #163  

Mia BFL. takes some planning if you work outside the home. I try and keep a written list of the combos I like because thinking about it all the time takes to much time. i use LF cottage cheese combined with frozen berries or other types of fruit, yogurt, small amounts of nuts, LF cheese, protein fruit shakes and when all else fails, having a protein bar stashed helps. Not all 5 of my meals will always have protein depends how I'm feeling. PMS time requires the protein though or I end up in a binge.
Kate, winter is finally here. Snow ,snow and more snow in the picture. maybe I'll get in some crosscountry skiing in finally. It's my favorite sport and such a good workout. Three teens in the house is "CHALLENGING" to put it mildly but keeps me on my toes.

Have a great day all,

Nina
Old 01-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Sunday

Hi all:

I have that puffy eyes feeling from bloating for PMS--I expect TOM to be here mid-week. Eating has been fine. Also exercise--but I think I will take a day off because my knee is still kinda shaky. Maybe one day a week will be good for me to take a day.

My plan is kinda funny because I do very well on low carb but cant stay on it long because I get tired--plus being low carb too long makes me really gain when I eat any carbs. So I balance 3-4 days of atkins induction with calorie counting on fitday for 3 days with what ever I want. It seems to work pretty well--I was averaging 2lbs a week loss. I usually have the low carb over the weekend--I lose more on the low carb. I like the variety and feel I get the best of both world this way--we'll see how it works on the long run.

Worlds best: thanks for the nice summary of your plan and life--your family sounds wonderful! My hubby brings home junk too--I figure it makes me stronger when I resist.

Annie: keep telling us how you are doing and set goals--the more you try the more success you have. Motivation takes some building and we can help! I want to hear more about the book--what is it called? How does it take inches off?

Miafluker: hang in there--I know you can do it--just keep us posted on how you are doing and what you need help with. And maybe make a list of what is your motivation for losing? That can really help.

kate: I know--I kinda miss cold weather sometimes living here. I have a bunch of really nice woolens that dont get used much.

Nina: hmm--cross country skiing--I always wanted to try that! It sounds so peaceful--in a quiet wood!

Take care everyone and hang in there for tomorrow!

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 01-14-2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: changed spelling
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #165  
omeomy

S/C/G: 275/269.5/155

Hello all I hope everyone is doing great I weighed in this A.M. and i'm down .5 I was hoping for more but i'll take it........I wish everyone a great day..

Nina----Will lose 32 lbs by May 6th
Leygh--Will lose 24 lbs by May 6th
Dolly---Will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Little---Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Sno----Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th--6 down, 30 to go!
Katie--Will lose 15+ lbs by May 6th
100percentME--Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Krista---Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
chr1st1na---Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Annie---Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th...3 down 33 more to go
Kim--will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Calejo--Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
stopeating --Will lose 23 lbs by May 6th
Mia--will lose 27 lbs by May 6th
Chaarli--will lose 30 lbs by may 6th
Bridget- will lose 36 lbs by May 6th.......5 down 31 more to go
miafluker--will lose 34 lbs by May 6th.