Old 01-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #121  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay just stopping by briefly, I have been super swamped at work the past few days and the last thing I want to do when I get home is get on the computer. I haven't weighed myself this week yet so don't know if I have lost any. I don't feel like I have, but a nice surprise would be nice. I will see tomorrow morning.

Everyone keep up the exercise and eating healthy w/ portion control!!!

We can do this girls!!!!!!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #122  

Nina----Will lose 32 lbs by May 6th
Leygh--Will lose 24 lbs by May 6th
Dolly---Will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Little---Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Sno----Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th--6 down, 30 to go!
Katie--Will lose 15+ lbs by May 6th
100percentME--Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Krista---Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
chr1st1na---Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Annie---Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th...3 down 33 more to go
Kim--will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Calejo--Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
stopeating --Will lose 23 lbs by May 6th
Mia--will lose 27 lbs by May 6th
Chaarli--will lose 30 lbs by may 6th
Bridget- will lose 36 lbs by May 6th.......5 down 31 more to go
miafluker--will lose 34 lbs by May 6th.
card--will lose 38 lbs by May 6th.
Elsie--will lose 27 lbs. by May 6th
TRACY--will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Cubb--will lose 26 lbs by May 6th...5 down 21 more to go
Nikki-- will lose 40 lbs by May 6th.
Ogibson--will lose 25lbs by May 6th..6.5 down 18.5 more to go
Kate--will lose 32 lbs by May 6th...

hi everyone...

someone asked what a sahm is...stay at home mom

isn't it nice to have those children who go to school back in school?....ahhh the sound of only one child at home...lovely....

i have been eating well...but didn't excercise yesterday...we are renovating a house (when it's done we'll move there)..i worked there yesterday so i guess it was physical...just not traditional excercise...

i was checking out the before and after pics at this site this morning...there is some really inspiring stories....its so nice to see how other people have meet the challenges and struggles of weight loss...

hope you are all well,
take care,
kate
kate66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #123  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

thanks everyone and congrats to everyone that lost
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 206/198/145

Height: 5'7

Just a quick hello...

Welcome Aimin4thin and congrats on your weightloss so far.

Grats everyone on these results we are seeing!

So I just went out tonight and joined a gym, something I haven't done in a few years! I've decided to go with a personal trainer for the first little while that way she can get me on a program that will hopefully work for me.

I have NO idea when I'm going to go though but I'm sure I'll work it out.

I'm finding the second week to be a little more difficult as I am settling into things and not obsessing about my diet so much. I came close to giving in a couple of times but so far I've held strong. C'mon ONEderland.
Cubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #125  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Morning Chicks,
Welcome aimn4thin. The more the merrier!!! Well Cubb I'm also finding week two to be a little more challenging and am finding old habits can be hard to break but I'm determined to establish new healthier eating habits. Going to the gym is the one thing I find easy to do. I love to exercise and that's probably why I haven't gained more over the years.
I work with young children all day long and am feeding them nutrient dense high calorie foods freqently through out the day and it's really easy to snack along with them so goal for the week is to make sure I have all my meals organized separate from theirs and not to alow any sneaky snacks cross these lips only planned food.
Have a great day all,

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #126  
Goodbye Fat!

Lost one pound! I am finally below 150! This is the point where I always become content with my weight and don't think I need to exercise or eat healthy anymore, but I know if I want to keep losing and then maintaining I need to keep this up. This is a lifestyle change anyway so why would I want to go back to my unhealthy ways?

I also had a breakthrough on Sunday on when and why I emotional eat. My Dad came over Sunday evening and I proceeded to stuff my face with all the food in my house. I realized that it is him that makes me nervous and uncomfortable thus leading me to food. Next time I am going to learn from my past and be in control of my eating and try and find some other way to get past the awkwardness. (Backstory, Dad left my Mom two years ago in a bitter divorce, has been hard to cope with)
Old 01-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was a really bad day for me. I had a busy day planned out, and my schedule got messed up from the get go. Over winter break, I let our normal routine slack off, since we really had no time constraints, but now it's really difficult to get my younger kids back on a routine. As a result I was fighting with them over getting dressed and new that my carefully planned schedule was going to have to be thrown out.

So, I got nothing done outside of the house yesterday, and not too much inside either. My 2yo is coming down with a cold, so she was being extra clingy (plus she was missing her older bro & sis who were at school) I spent a lot of time sitting and reading and telling stories to the kiddos, and snacking on their snacks...

Since I was sitting so much, I am incredibly sore today. I am going to do some stretches, and hopefully that will help. Hopefully I will be feeling better by the time my hubby gets off work and I'll be able to get over to the gym while he keeps an eye on the kiddos

I'm going to try not to let yesterday get me down.

Dolly- Congrats on being under 150!!! That must feel incredible! And it's great that you recognize a trigger and are making plans to deal with it in the future.

Cubb- I really hope you enjoy your new gym!

40- It's so easy to snack on whatever kids are eating! I hope having all your foods prepared and planned with help, I think I'm going to try that out as well I know I hate cleaning and cutting celery, but I love to eat it LOL I guess I should just do the whole bunch at once

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:47 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Wednesday!

Hi all:

yesterday was my splurge meal and I didnt do too bad--scale is the same so that worked out. I also started walking again yesterday. My knee gave me few twinges but it feels pretty good this AM so I am hopeful it is going to be okay.

Yes week two is less glamorous than week one--now we are settling in for the long haul! Maybe it is time to really think about why we are doing this--to get ourselves motivated.

I have a ton of reasons but I will summarize:

1. My health--the overwhelming evidence of health benefit speaks for itself.
2. My comfort--being overweight is uncomfortable--my knee for one will greatly improve with me being lighter, let alone other aches and pains. Plus being more comfortable in public--not worrying about tiny chairs etc.
3. Clothes! I love clothes and buying them and wearing them. I have a whole drawer full of cute stuff I want to wear. I have two pairs of pants high on my list--one is only slightly tight the other is very tight.

Hope everyone has a great day and again--congrats to all of us for our efforts! Lets keep it going.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #129  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default Thanks!

Thank you all so much for welcoming me to the fold. I use to be on this forum many moons ago and I find that I do so much better with accountability.

Cubb- enjoy your personal trainer. I have always wondered if that would help my progress out. Let me know how it goes. How often are your meetings?

40 before 40- Congrats to you on breaking 150. I am dreaming of that day as I am at 161 at present. Good on ya for avoiding those kids snacks. That has to be tough. Rather than thinking of this as the time you become complacent, think of this as the Kablooey phase! The Kablooey phase is where you have reached a great weight and you look good, but you can totally kick it up a notch and become wo-wubba hot! And the best part about the kablooey phase is that you are just doing it for you. Imagine those after pics when you compare them to your before pics. Girl, your results are going to be Oprah Show-Worthy! Keep up the good work!

Dollypie- Emotional eating can be tough, but that is very self-aware of you to realize what your trigger is. Once you know what causes it, you can control it. Maybe you can even funnel that energy into something more productive than eating. I used to get really red-faced poppin angry with my annoying coworkers and it made me want Mexican food (well, I live in Fort Worth, Texas so you can't throw a tamale over your shoulder without hitting one!) Until I realized that I felt so much better if I would allow myself one glass of wine if I promised myself an hour of yoga. That was the trade off. The wine got me to relax a bit and then the yoga helped me to center myself. The bonus was that I even learned how to better deal with day to day frustrations using some of the tenets I learned in yoga!

Luxorbea- Don't kick yourself for one bad day. We all have them. The most important part is what you do after the bad day. Case in point, I gained 6 pounds during the Christmas indulgence period...6! But I was soooo naughty then I didn't know whether to be upset about the 6 pounds of happy it wasn't 10! I could have given up and said well 2007 will just be another fat year. But in 9 days of diet and exercise, I have dropped 5.5 of the six pounds I gained. One day can't hurt you too terribly much in the realm of diet if you get back up and hop on the wagon. Best of luck to you!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

LG
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #130  
Goodbye Fat!

aimin4thin, okay everytime my Dad upset I am poppin' the Pilates video to keep me from eating and eating more. I live in College Station, TX and that is so true about the Mexican food places to and that is my favorite type of food. I grade the quality of the restaurant by the salsa. Joe T's in Fort Worth has great salsa by the way!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Height: 5'7"

I had the worst day ever. Well okay maybe not the worst, but definitely in the top 10. I was called insubordinate for refusing to give up my break for a job that I could have done after my break, which is a lousy 15 minutes. My boss who is never at work and when she does show up on that rare occasion when the stars align, does next to nothing but nitpick the staff would not even explain to the co-ordinator the situation. I am just cranky and I ate chocolate I was so ticked off. Then all of the staff got in trouble for not working hard enough while the boss has been gone for around 5 months. She has not worked for more than 3 weeks in those 5 months and those were just days spread out here and there. I went to work with a major cold, the flu, a sinus infection and a migraine for that!!!!!!!! I am calling in sick for the next two days. I need the break. That place is just getting to me. I would look for another job but my boss is quitting or being told to leave soon and the lady who will be taking her place is the person I get along with best at work. So if I can just hold on for a few more years (groan) possibly even a year, it will improve. This time I just cannot grit my teeth and bear it though. Talk about adding insult to injury.

mia - congrats on the 2 pounds. Don't you hate those jumping scales?

lux - I love my crockpot for those busy days and late shifts, it saves me from many a takeout meal.

Snow - good luck on the housework, if you get yours done you can come and visit me and do mine?

aimin - welcome and 5 pounds already that's great!

kate - reno is definately exercise, we've been working on the house we are living in and it takes alot of work and sore muscles to get a room done.

cubb - joining a gym is great. I am sure you will see results.

40 - I hate snack time, it is the 3:00pm snack that does me in most days.

dolly - I know the feeling, stress eating is one of the things I am currently working on. I know I shouldn't, I know I'm going to be mad at myself, and I do it anyway.

Well off to make a pot of tea and ignore my housework. I will clean tomorrow when I am not at work. I will take the two days to get rid of the migraine instead of grinning and bearing it.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #132  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

card im sorry your day went so bad. i just got home from work and i was suppose to get off at 6 so i know how u feel
hi everyone i worked out this morning but didnt eat so well today i guess ill try again tomorrow
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #133  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Card so sorry about your bad day. I don't know how you can stand the negativity. Working through illness shouldn't happen in a registered facility. Hope you finally kick that migraine. Seems to me it would take at least two days to recover.
Dolly recognizing the trigger is half the battle and poppin pilates will work wonders. I'm sure I was rewarded with sugar as a child because whenever I feel stressed at work home etc. I seem to reach for something sweet to help me cope and of course this doesn't help just makes things worse. So today whenever I felt myself get stressed I took a mini chill moment that didn't involve food. A little visualization and nothing but plan food passed these lips today.
Lux hope today was better. Sometimes reajusting expectations is the only thing to do with a day like that.
Sno putting the reasons for your goals in writing real brings home why your setting them. I'll do a little soul searching and write some down as well.

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #134  

man, can i ever relate to some of the issues here...

40 and luxorbea - it's really difficult with the small children snacks...i didn't realise just how much i 'finish up' my three year olds meals and snacks until i had to journal and pay attention just exactly what i'm eating...i am finding that some of the snacks i buy for 'the kids' were actually more of what i liked..i am buying snacks for them that i don't find tempting...(sorry kids, no chocolate and ice cream in the house for now!)...

dollypie and pie- i'm all about the emotional eating...when i'm with my mom i find i snack and snack and snack....although i love my mom and we mostly get along very well...sometimes i feel on edge with her...most specifically about weight issues...she doesn't really understand why i just don't "get it under control"...

cubb- good for you joining the gym!...currently all our extra money is going into our house money...but after it's done i too plan on joining a gym ...

snowbrocade-excellent idea...focussing on the reasons why weightloss would be awesome!

my reasons:

i limit my activities..(ie. swimming) because i am ashamed of my body..i would love to wear a bathing suit in the summer and be ok with it...

i hate the feeling of weight around my middle...would like to bend over and not 'feel' my stomach

i would like to have more energy

a big hello! to everyone...and hope you have a good day!
take care,
kate
kate66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #135  
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning Chicks,

Just a quick hello this morning. So I have vent about my DH right now. We have had an agreement since we have been married for 5 1/2 years. I will cook him dinner if he does the dishes. He usually sticks to this, but sometimes he leaves the dishes for two days and it drives me nuts. I know I should complain b/c alot of my friends DH's will not even touch the dished, but I just needed to get it out.

card: Sorry you had a horrible day yesterday. I would have taken the break too. I am sure your boss knows that noone likes her and just comes in to flex her muscle to show everyone she is boss. People like that drive me nuts too.