Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

Card: I so hope you are going to enjoy your days off. Don't try to do too much, and give your migraine time to go away if it can. My MIL ended up retireing at 45 because she couldn't work due to migraines And a good friend of mine has been on disability for 8 months, and the dr just told him this week she thinks it's a really bad migraine. So I've never had a migraine, but know that they can be devestating, so take care of yourself to get them gone!

Dolly: my hubby and I had a similar agreement (he's agreed to wash the pots/pans, and I do plates & glasses and stuff) Since moving in with my dad (we are saving up for a house) he hasn't been doing them because my dad gets to them first. But my dad was out of town this week, and the pots & pans just piled up until yesterday morning- the day my dad was coming home

Yesterday was a much better day, I spent it with the kids at the house, but we went for a walk, and did some chores around the house. I am hoping to get to the gym today, but my 3yo is telling me that she hates going Maybe I'll do some more DDR, and maybe get over to the gym tonight without the kids.

My neice turned 15 yesterday, so I need to get out to get her a gift before Sunday. Any ideas on what a 15 yo girl would want? Her 3 favorite things (besides her friends) are Basketball, her IPod, and her cell phone. (the order changes daily LOL) she's on the Junior Varsity Basketball team for her high school & is very good. (her team is actually playing at the Staples Center this month) anyway, I was all about computers and boys at 15...so I'm not sure what to get her.
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Happy Thursday!

Hi all:

I've been working to incorporate meditation into my day and yesterday was my first day. I need more relaxation and mindfulness, I have been told. Anyway well see.

My dh used to be really on top of the dishes. Now he will let them sit--not for days but longer than I like. I want them done right away. Every once in a while I crack and do them. I have to say he is good about other chores, I think he could help out a little more with house cleaning but he does other stuff that is integral to the functioning of the house--it is hard to complain--but i have a few times about the dishes. As a matter of fact there is a pile of dishes right now--makes me want to go on strike with the cooking!

Back on atkins today. Yesterday I did a super deluxe vacuum job--behind furniture etc, which took an hour and then washed the dog. I was kinda beat so did a 20 minute walk instead of 30. I figured I did plenty of exercise.

Aimin: When you get a chance, let us know what program you are following--eating, behavior and exercise! Whatever you are doing it sounds like it is working!

Card: sorry about the work stress--I know what that is like. Good for you for taking care of yourself and getting some time off. As for housework, mine is never done. The big vacumming project was just the tip of the iceburg. There is so much to do! Anyway, if I came over I am sure we would just sit around and drink tea and have a good time!

Dolly: I was in College Station a while back for a conference at A&M, and there was this really good restaurant that I went to on a little back street. We liked it so much we went twice! Its a nice town.

kate--yup, i can relate--I hate it when I am exercising and I bend over and pinch the roll around my middle!!

luxor: enjoy your nieces birthday. the only thing I can think of is maybe you can buy her an I-tunes gift certificate--I think you can get those online. Or a cute case for her i-pod? Maybe if you log onto I-tunes you will get some ideas.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #138  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Hey there! I am just going to post a short response now because in an hour and a half, I am going to traffic court for the first time ever to fight the most unjust speeding ticket in the history of moving violations! Wish me luck.

To answer your question about my plan, I am not on anything official. I did a little calculation and figured out that for my height/weight/build, I need to take in 1300 calories a day to safely lose two pounds a week, so I log everything I do into fit day and I mostly just watch the calories. I have been eating a lot of ethnic foods like Thai salads and Vietnamese Pho for the veggies and for the interest it brings to my lifestyle change. I eat no later than 7:00 p.m. and bedtime is at 10:00 p.m.

I also exercise every single day for at least 30 minutes in the evenings. I rotate my workout collection so that I am constantly building and burning in different capacities. I do a lot of Turbo Jam, which I did for 40 minutes last night, I do a lot of Yoga Booty Ballet, Carmen Electra's Striptease , Quick Fix total Mix, Minna Lessig's one-minute workout, Windsor Pilates, Quick Fix Total Mix and New York Ballet. I also have a Total Gym in my workout room that I use for strength training, stretch and pilates. So far, since Jan 1, I have only missed one day of exercise and last night I did 30 minutes of yoga after my turbo jam to equal a full 70 minutes!

By the way, I just discovered another pound lost this morning so officially, all of my Christmas indulgence has been erased and I am back to pre-Christmas weight of 160. I need to update my tracker!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
I'll check in later!!!
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #139  
Goodbye Fat!

Luxorbea, how about a gift card from itunes for her ipod
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #140  

Thanks, Ladies! I didn't know you could get gift cards for ITunes...I'm going to go check that out
Old 01-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 206/198/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

So challenge number 2 (Dinner with the girls) went pretty well I think. I ate pretty normally during the day then for dinner I had a very small piece of cheese bread, Spanakopita (spinach and feta cheese in filo pastry) and a glass of white wine. It felt good but I haven't actually had a chance to source the calories yet. I may be up for a surprise because I'm sure there is olive oil in there.

I've felt very busy this week. On top of going out with friends last night, my class started back yesterday morning (I am studying Psychology part time); I've been finding alot of crazy sales so I've been shopping like a mad woman; Plus I've had alot of things to do with DD. There is no reason I should feel that I won't have some success this week but I guess just because it hasn't been my number one focus (even though I am still eating well) it feels like I'm not working as hard at it.

Aimin ~ WOW!! Good for you on the exercise! I wish I could be that commited. You are going to hit your goal in no time if you keep that up!

Snow ~ good for you with the vaccuuming. The cleaning jobs around here are starting to build up a little bit too so I think tomorrow I'll do a good cleaning and maybe burn some of those Cals too. Four bathrooms though....YECK! Gotta hate doing the bathrooms.

Luxorbea ~ have fun with your niece's birthday and I agree...and itunes gift card would be a great idea!

Dolly ~ perhaps if you left DH's dinner out for 2 days, he might change his dishwashing habits!

Kate ~ Ya houses have a way of sucking out all the extra funds, that's for sure! Goodlife actually offered a promotion in St. Thomas to join the gym in St. Thomas only (which is where I am living now) for only $7 per week with no administration fees. I couldn't pass that up. And congrats on the new house by the way..are you building?

40 ~ good for you with the mini-chill. I tend to sugar-medicate some times too. I'll have to remember that.

Mia ~ Good for you with the workout and there is always tomorrow.

Card ~ I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad day, especially when you weren't feeling well but hang in there, it sounds like things will get better soon.

Hope you all have a good couple of days and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's success with the next round of weigh-ins.

Cubb
Cubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Well I had a great day today doing a little housework, nothing major, mostly just resting on the couch. Then everyone came home, son is suspended again. DD and DH got into a huge fight. Life would be alot easier if I lived in my own little bubble. Oh well, I have already called in sick for tomorrow. But I am hoping they do not cancel school. Because then I will have three kdis home instead of two and really that just takes all of the fun out of a sick day.

mia - working out is great. It helps alot with not eating so well.

40 - you are absolutely right, I should not be going to work sick and from now on they will just have to do without me. I am very tired of putting myself out for zero appreciation.

Kate - great reasons!!!

dolly - vent, vent, I feel so alone when I am the only one doing it. And you are right, my dh has not figured out where the kitchen is in our house.

Lux - there are excellent accessories for ipods and cell phones. Maybe you could look into something like that, and you can't go wrong with clothes and jewelery with my 16 year old.

Snow - meditation sounds like a great idea. I may try and incorporate that. I need a little help dealing with stress.

aimin - sounds like you have a great plan.

cubb - it sounds like you made it through challenge two no problem. keep up the good work.

Well off to rest again. I need it after dealing with all of these people in my house, I love them dearly but man do they yell alot.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #143  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

Hello all you wonderful people. Went out today ..all day ..first day since 26 days..Mom is better so I really needed to be let out of the cage ..and it felt great
however, I must have pop eyed 20 fast food joints.. I was salivating all over myself just thinking about it But I made it through the day ,not falling into the old trap that got me in the mess Iam in ... so I guess I am finally getting somewhere in my quest to love my myself enough to get healthy . And also to be able to pass a mirror or a clean glass without shame .And wondering who is that fat person looking back at me ? Where did I go... I always hear the inner voice desperately calling for help to get out .... be patient....Iam working on it ...... have a great night ... and sweat skinny dreams all Annie
annie4atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #144  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Annie I can definately relate to that reflection in the window or mirror. Sometimes I see that reflection and it's a bit of a shock. It's not the me I see in my head. The worst is tell no lies photos.

I've been thinking about the reasons why I want ot lose weight and here's what comes to mind.

# 1. Reduce my risk of health problems associate with being overweight. I have a family history of type 2 diabetes and heart disease. I want the 35" waist down to 29"
#2. Set a good example for my two teenage daughters. I don't want family history to be repeated.
#3. Physically feel comfortable in my own skin again. Doing yoga with a belly roll really affects how the you can do the poses.

Today has been a pretty good day. I ate well. Had a small amount of dark chocolate because I just had to but planned for it. 30 min. of intervals on the elliptical and a fairly intense upper body workout.

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #145  

good morning all...

i laughed when i was reading the dh/dishes trials...my dh leaves his dirty dishes in the sink even when the dishwasher is empty...he never checks to see if he could put his in...he just leaves them for me...he's kinda thoughtful like that!..worse than the kids in that respect...

snow-i got a dyson vacuum for christmas...it was actually something i really wanted...and i haven't stopped vacuuming since!...i'm slightly mental about this new obsession...i didn't have such an enormous interest in vacuuming until the 'new baby' arrived!...but everytime i vacuum i'm considering it excercise since (the only downfall) the thing weighs so much!

card-i understand the stress of teenagers...currently our 16 son is a bit of a handful...but i keep thinking "this too shall pass"...and i truly hope we all make it through all right..my 21 year old son wasn't much for acting out so i was hoping it would be the same with son #2...but no...everyone is different...i feel for you...stress in the family home is hard..take care...

luxor-hope you found something for your neice...although my daugher is 15 too...i couldn't come up with anything to suggest...my daughter's first choice is always clothes and i have to take her with me to let her choose..because god forbid i have the worst clothing taste ever!!

aimin4thin-good for you! down from your christmas gain...!...isn't it nice to know effort pays off?..it was my christmas pics that shocked me into doing something about my weight...usually i'm the designated photographer since i'm most familiar with the camera...(intentially i avoid pics)...but there was shocking (!) photos of me christmas morning...well they shocked me..guess everyone else has a pretty good idea of what i look like...i have been avoiding mirrors...and never check out my body...but the pics really struck me...and it is time to change my eating/lifestlye...

cubb-good for you for staying on track eating out with friends...i'm going with a friend on saturday out for lunch and i'm slightly dreading it...but she is supportive so i should readjust my attitude...
awesome deal on the gym...i should check that same gym out in london and see if they have any deals going....i could afford that...
i too am taking a class..i'm nearly finished studying for my immigration consultant certificate...after that i plan on opening my own business..(so scary..but exciting too!)...it's certainly a lot to juggle...school/child care...but i think worth it...
so glad you are doing well....

today is my first week on my eating/excercise plan...it feels good...my jeans aren't as painful as they usually are around the middle!...also i like the feeling of taking care of myself rather than the internal negative chatter i engage in when i'm eating poorly...

hope everyone has a good day...
take care,
kate
kate66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #146  

Height: 5'5

hi everyone, just stopping by

I only have 37 more lbs. to go, seems a lot more easier than 40 lol.
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #147  
Goodbye Fat!

Oh my it is amazing how dirty dishes can stir up conversation

When today afterwork could pose a problem...a bunch of us from the office are going out for Mexican food and magaritas...not such a good idea when Mexican food is my bigges downfall. So I am going to get fajitas or a salad and one margarita b/c I have to drive home. Two and I would be on the floor. The problem will be the chips and salsa while the food comes. Yikes!!!!

Then we are going to Austin for the weekend, but that should be okay in theory. I have gone before and not overindulged. I am going to keep strong though. Only one cheat meal a week right!?!?!?!?

truelies: I with you my 24 seems better than 25!

kate66: "negative internal chatter" I am still laught from this comment

40: Those are some great goals

annie: Driving by and smelling fast food get me all the time

card: Good for you for relaxing on your sick day, I hope your at home today with no kids!

Cubb: Part of the healthy lifestlye is learning to be social and still eat healthy! It is my biggest challenge!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #148  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

Hi everyone ...
Nina- wow lady you work out lots!!! I really have a struggle there ..I know to well about type2 diabetic since Iam one of the unlucky ones to have it..great job! and very good reasons to lose.

Cubb -wish I had a gym close ..but Iam so far from the real world.. good for you ..by the way ..you are beautiful,and have a gorgeous family!

Card- my son is 30 at the moment but believe me ,you know the song Cry Me A River? well that was me crying over my teen... no matter what you think now ..it will get better and better..and now we are closer then ever..I never thought he would live long enough for me to say that, as His life was in danger from his own parents wanting to kill him hahaha now we look back and laugh instead of cry ... wish I knew that back then ..I would not have as many grey hairs ... cheer up ... Life has a strange way of making us go through things for A reason we will not know yet ...

luxor- Iam not sure what the gift is for Iam behind on posts .. but what about a nice aunt& niece manicure and then supper ..those time will be remember her whole life.

aimin4thin- good for you on the loss..I know its awful to gain ..but nice to see it gone again..

Kate- I cant believe anyone likes to vaccume ,but like you say its great exercise ...I have all wood floors ...they have to be dusted and washed ..I guess just as bad.

nickki - isint it nice to be going down instead of up..great motivater,, good for you...

so far this has been an ok day .. my my Rheumitoid Arthristis is really kicking in with the wet damp weather we are having..no fun ..I can just imagine how the exercise will go today ..whaaaaa anyway I really feel fat today ..bloated and just feeling like I have gained ..I hope not ..maybe its the water not sure ... If the scale I have does not cooperate on monday its in trouble Annie
annie4atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5'4"

I am going to join you in this! I want to lose 34lbs by the set date! Wow! To look so far ahead. I really am doing this aren't I!?!

also.. I guess it is my nature to do this sort of thing (nerdy geek)..... if I have all the data correctly on everyone's goals: the total weight loss would be

772lbs !!!!

That is wonderful.

Nina----Will lose 32 lbs by May 6th
Leygh--Will lose 24 lbs by May 6th
Dolly---Will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Little---Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Sno----Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th--6 down, 30 to go!
Katie--Will lose 15+ lbs by May 6th
100percentME--Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Krista---Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
chr1st1na---Will lose 20 lbs by May 6th
Annie---Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th...3 down 33 more to go
Kim--will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Calejo--Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th
stopeating --Will lose 23 lbs by May 6th
Mia--will lose 27 lbs by May 6th
Chaarli--will lose 30 lbs by may 6th
Bridget- will lose 36 lbs by May 6th.......5 down 31 more to go
miafluker--will lose 34 lbs by May 6th.
card--will lose 38 lbs by May 6th.
Elsie--will lose 27 lbs. by May 6th
TRACY--will lose 25 lbs by May 6th
Cubb--will lose 26 lbs by May 6th...5 down 21 more to go
Nikki-- will lose 40 lbs by May 6th.
Ogibson--will lose 25lbs by May 6th..6.5 down 18.5 more to go
Kate--will lose 32 lbs by May 6th..
Worldsbestmom5 – will lose 34lbs by May 6th
worldsbestmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #150  

Just got back from the gym, so I feel great. It was very crowded this morning, but I managed to get a treadmill and a bike. Too long of a line for the weight circuit, so I'm going to try and get there tomorrow for weights. (They have a 2 hour limit on childcare because some people were abusing it and leaving their kids in there all day) And I always leave time to shower there because it's the only time I get to shower alone LOL (my 2 and 3 year olds are constantly joining me when I shower at home )

My main temptations for today are a box of doughnuts (my son "forgot" I told him to buy a half dozen, so he got a full dozen, plus a couple extra cinnamon buns) Lucky for me, I don't like most doughnuts- they are just too sweet for me. I'm not gunna even look in the box. Hopefully I can forget about them and the kiddos will finish them up tomorrow morning. My other challenge is going to be taking the kids to the mall tomorrow. I'm thinking of skipping the mall (I need to buy a gift for a friend, and there is this little store that has cool stuff she'd just love) and seeing if there is something cute at Target. Going to the mall by myself is fine, but the kids seem to equate mall with food court...

I'm trying to not make a big deal about trying to diet so the kids don't get obsessed with it. (A few years ago, I was dieting, and my son would hide the candy he got at school for class parties because he was afraid he wasn't allowed to have candy if I coudln't have it) For the most part, my kids choose healthy foods (their favorite snack is cucumbers!) But we go to the mall so rarely, that they always want a pretzel and a blizzard from Dairy Queen...

Annie- I'd love to do the manicure with her, but her schedule is so booked right now. I think I'm going to write that on my calendar tho to do this spring when she has more free time

Hope everone has a great day!!!