Old 08-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #196  

What a weekend. More, I had a rough monday! My thighs, arms and butt are aching! thanks to a day of gardening. It's rough work Have pics on my blog about what my hubs and I did.

No pics of the TSP's this week. More on Monday!

I came back from my weekend getaway to a broken scale. So, needless to say my weigh in this morning, which included traveling sodium filled fast food (even though i was 1600-1700 cals all weekend), heavy yard work bringing on lots of soreness, was not very nice to me.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #197  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

Just popping in to say I really hope you guys are right about the belly rolls! I had them even when I weighed 115 lbs long ago in a galaxy far far away! Seems like mine are always there just smaller or bigger depending on what I weigh!

AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HUGS YOU GUYS ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #198  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I'm back from my afternoon workout and it was a good one. I'm working on something a little different. I decided to walk two miles and eat 1200 calories today. If it goes well that will be what I'm doing for the week to see what happens. I lived on 1200 calories and 30DS when I first started this exciting journey. So I'm hoping this walking and 1200 calories works well. I'm in hot pursuit of a healthy me.

Western - Just remember, it's gonna get better...it always does.
Shylah - I was looking for the new pics. I think I can wait til Monday...AAAAAHHHH the memories.
Envelope - Is something in the air...I feel confident...not sure I will make that size 12 but for sure a solid 14!!
Silver - I'm going to take you and Lori's word on the belly rolls...
Love2b - Hopefully by tomorrow they are working like the old ones.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #199  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Lori- yeh, i gave up on that Jillian Michaels stomach I will never have. Did she ever have children??? Glad you enjoyed the peanut butter, it's totally worth the extra calories once in a while. I made 2 servings of my own two days ago, I just crave it at least once a week. I don't buy it anymore, I make my own, that way I don't go crazy on it and it tastes just as good.

I see we have alot of ice cream lover's here too- I didn't try Skinny Cow or weight watcher's brand yet. I think it's about the same calories and fat as the light or fat free other brands. I find that it depends on how much sodium is in it, it does not do as much damage if I eat a lower sodium light brand. I tried Edy's 1/2 fat light chocolate( 100cal, 3 g. fat, only 30mg. sodium for a 1/2 cup) I ate the whole thing in two days plus lots of other crap in the past three days. only gained 2 lbs. That's real good for me, usually it's 5 lbs! All depends on how much sodium you take in.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #200  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Westernsoutherngal, more hugs to you!

Ladies: yes, the belly rolls really do get flatter and smaller. I really think it is hormones. The more we eat so that our metabolisms are not estrogen-dominant, the more things normalize. That means sleek!

Fruitlady, do you ever make your own ice cream?

Sending you all lots of good thoughts!

Last edited by SilverLife; 08-17-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: corrected typeface
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

I'm sore and I love it! I finally got back into the gym, today was my second day, and the bf and I go for bike rides at night which is good too. I start next monday at my new job so I only have a few more days left of getting into a habit. I'm also on a new eating routine...i found lots of recipes on fitnessmagazine.com that listed breakfast's under 300 calories, lunches under 400 calories and dinners under 500 calories. So i'm trying out the recipes and so far so good. hope I can keep it up.

I will pop in later. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #202  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Peaking in to say hi! I am doing well. 167 as of Monday. I made my labor day goal of wearing 36x30 levis!
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #203  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

silverlife- yes, I did make my own ice cream for a while. I don't have an ice cream maker, so I was making it by hand. Too much work if it's like 102 degrees in the kitchen, which it has been several times this summer, it made me sick. Now I work and don't have the time anymore.

I had 1570 calories today, not bad after three days of over eating. I was cleaning the house, staying busy and chewing lots of gum is the trick for me. I can't believe I only gained 2.3 lbs. I'm probably not done gaining, it would be to good to be true. I use sparkpeople to count my calories, they say my target is between 1260 and 1640 calories a day to maintain. At 1260 to 1400 I lose, and even at 1500 sometimes, it takes a couple days though. At 1600 for a few days I gain. I am just so confused !
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #204  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Just popping in to say hello Im still on plan and doing pretty good! Feeling a little bit better this morning!

Congrats to everyone with a loss! Have a great day!!
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #205  

Good Morning, all!

Miss Priss, that's a very fancy "Good Morning". Thank you!

Fruitlady, I agree. Sometimes the kitchen gets too hot to do much on anything in it.

Hope you all are doing well!

I'm staying on plan and am off to make breakfast.

Last edited by SilverLife; 08-18-2010 at 07:55 AM. Reason: typing error
Old 08-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #206  

Height: 5' 8"

Yawn....Getting up at 5:30 is exhausting. I may as well get used to it, since I will have to get up around 5 or 5:30 to work out once school starts back up. I have considered working out in the evening, but I really prefer working out in the morning.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

misspriss: love the good morning! Absolutely beautiful! way to stay on plan too

envelope: I totally understand about haveing to get up early to work out. My new job starts monday, and I'll have to get up at 5:30 if I want to work out...i did think about the evenings but we will see. Good luck and keep up the great work!

silverlife: awesome job staying on plan. I'm going to make my bkfst soon and excited for another day!

fruitlady: Im sorry the CCing is confusing for your body. I know what you mean, it's hard when you are a petite person, the slightest change can have a major effect in fluxuation. It may be a struggle, but when I look at your progress from 173 to now..as long as you stay within 5lbs you will never ever go back to that again. To me that's very inspiring and truely amazing

flower: awesome job on the new size!

I'm doing good, lost another 1.2 lbs and slowly getting to my goal. I know it's going to take a while, and the bf ladies....wow! he has lost almost 10lbs! He's doing MFP with me too, so it's nice to have someone to CC with. So I finally got the call that Monday I start at 9am for my new job and I'm sooooooooo excited! So I'm trying like mad to get in a little better shape this week and figure out how I can continue next week when I start. I dont' know if I will get up early to work out or do it in the evenings. If I contiue to start at 9am everyday perfect! then I can work out in the mornings...if it's earlier well then evenings. Also I'm so excited to come up with meal plans too! So today I have to clean the house and workout...oh ya and when I go to the gym I use the elliptical and watch the food network...the worst is when Paula Dean is on...yikes! I'm druling while running lol.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, I'm off to make my bkfst. I will check back in later
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #208  

Good morning ladies! Amelia, love your picture, good way to start the day. I'm glad you are feeling better. Summer colds stink!

Fruitlady - i couldn't imagine having to deal with such a fine line.

Jdon - grats on the success you are having CCing again. It's great! Good luck on Monday, how exciting. I always loved new jobs!

I'm still in a bunch of leg pain. 6 hours of yard work while squatting is just not smart! My hamstrings are killing me currently. So no working out for me this week until they feel 100%. I'd hate to hurt myself further.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #209  

Jdonato, great job finding recipes you like. I think that helps so much. Thanks for the good thoughts, too.

Flower, congratations on your success! I missed your post somehow.

Shylah, I'm sorry about your legs. I know how yard work can be too, too much, esp. squatting. I do that in small doses. Can you soak in a hot bath with baking soda in it? I find that soothing.

If I eat more than 1550 cals a day, I gain. I have to eat 1400 or so, or less to lose. Am not petite, but older; we women get those parameters from all sides. I'm on low carb. When I was only counting calories, I couldn't eat more than 1350 a day, or I'd gain. And had to eat 1150 or less per day to lose. Low carb is great for me.

I'm sending you all success thoughts!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #210  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I got in 2.3 miles on the treadmill today. I feel great. My new plan is going well. I just may surprise myself by Labor Day if things keep going like they are this week.

Everyone is doing well. Good to see that. I just love this group of CCs!!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote