Old 08-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #166  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

M3rma1d, I am very sorry you are going through this and I am in agreement with everyone that has given you advice. He has to respect you and your wishes in order for the relationship to work. There is no compromise on respect. And YOU are NOT fat and ugly, erase that from your mind and your vocabulary. You're doing great and if he can't love you the way you are knowing that you are changing daily then there is definitely someone that will. Hope everything goes well with the test on your eye.

Envelope hope you feel better

Amelia wave that wand this way too

SilverLife you can also record your daily weigh ins on August of wind will blow me away! (Daily Weigh-in Thread) Sorry I don't know how to post a link. I've posted there the past two months.

Westernsouthern congrats on the 2lbs. Our oldest just got her permit also she's 17. She failed the first two times. She drives fine but keeps saying she wants to learn how to drive like me. I told her I started on a straight shift. She thinks that's too hard

Hi Lori, Purduefan and Fruitlady

Saggzz, they told me I can't gain 2lbs in one night from one meal so it must be water

Dcapulet, you're good ... are you driving by yourself? I wanted to drive from Vegas to Colorado and it was only 12 hours I think is what they told me. But once I found out that the bulk of it was desert I decided not to. Didn't want to take that drive alone.

KDM, on the shorts in four weeks WOW

Went crazy this evening ate 753 calories over dinner time just eating what I wanted. Total calories 1940 today, whew that's a lot for me. Tomorrow will be better and on point. Hope you all have a good night.

love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #167  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Only had 1105 cal. today, cause i was working. Tomorrow is a long day at work, so probably won't eat too much either. Maybe I can finally lose this weight.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #168  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM322 View Post
I put on a pr of shorts I've only worn twice and they're too big!! Just wore them 4wks ago! But oh well, that's y I got them at goodwill bc I knew I wouldn't be in them for long!!!! It made my day, but also sad bc I liked em so much!!
I know what you mean -- I just bought some "new" clothes at the Goodwill that I really like, and I can't wait until they are too big....
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #169  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Love - thanks SUPER MUCH for the tip - I was going to go that way (through CO) to get home, but after I found it's all desert, I am taking another way. I am doing it alone, and though I am brave, all that open nothingness is SCARY. So thanks again!!

Just prepping to go - so i'll be MIA until Thursday (hopefully!)

Have a nice week(end) all!!

Last edited by dcapulet; 08-14-2010 at 12:34 AM.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #170  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Default tantrum time ;-)

***Beware***self indulged-whiny post ahead..proceed with caution***

Today is not my usual weigh in day, but because DH hasn't hidden the scale from me my eager butt keeps stepping on it every day and todays weight was 172.4. OK...i should be happy right? After-all, that's one lb down from last Sunday weight But the first thing i thought of was "ONLY 1 LB?" I've still got today and will weigh in tomorrow (hopefully eating my words) but this one lb a week loss is KILLING ME...I'm mean seriously, i want to lose more every week...

So..when i get on the scale tomorrow and im still only down ONE FRICKIN POUND there are three things i can do. I can just keep going with what im doing and just deal with it. I can lower my calories(gulp) or i can add in an evening walk (more exercise therefor more of a calorie deficit)

Think i will add in an evening walk.

p.s WHERE is that whoosh fairy?

ok..Climing down off of my soapbox now

HELLO TO EVERYONE!!!
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #171  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

"Whoosh" fairies for everyone!

MissPriss, hope that helps oodles and oodles.

Love2b, fatsecret.com has a weight chart in their software. I'm pretty happy using that. Am not too keen on posting daily weight on the forum. Thanks for the idea, though. Hope your day is going spiffily.

Sending you all best wishes for a splendid day!

Last edited by SilverLife; 08-14-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added a thought
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #172  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Dcapulet, good for you going another way, nothingness is quite scary ... Wishing you safe travels.

SilverLife, I use that one too when I remember it . Thanks for the whoosh fairy oh how i would love to have a visit

Hope everyone had a great day
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #173  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Well, I lost 2 lbs. of water weight, probably from working, that usually does it. I hope I'll lose more cause today was an 8 1/2hr. day at work. It gets really busy, there is alot of exercise and lifting involved. I had 1370 cal today because I decided to have one of my huge breakfasts so I would'nt get hungry all day, I stayed hunger free all day. There are too many goodies and fattening foods at the farmer's market, so I can't get hungry when I'm there working. Good luck to all this weekend!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #174  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation Must Read Very Interesting ~ignore All Errors Please!

Misspriss(Amelia) ~I have been losing 2 & 1/2 to 3 pounds a month for the last 5 or 6 months & it was driving me bananas! I still have This belly roll I fear will never leave But I am dealing with it imaptiently I must admit But dealing LOL ~All I can say is 4 pounds a month is better than that is! ~Be proud Your Beautiful anyways & I lub ya~U have the cutest country accent I have ever heard & I adore ya singing on myspace! So there I said my speech to ya for the day~Be happy Hot thang!(totally a non gay message~And no I do not have issues with gay people~One of my best friends in school was gay & glorious & i Adore her wife too ~there great people! Just not my personal preference.) ~ Anways Me & Amelia Are straight & we are both married with kids) she is just one of my bestest buddies & I adore her!
& I feel the need to explain myself now because of the below stuff From Facebook today Has me all aggravated & full of anxiety! Y'all must read It's interesting!

OK now that I gave Amelia a speech cause she is totally pretty as can be & needs to remember that & that losing 4 pounds a month rocks!! ~LOL (hugs* My friend ).........

I wanted to get everyones intake on the new hot thang on Facebook ~Those things where u press u like a saying...Well the newest one I have been seeing pop up that some people on my friends list have clicked like too Really pissed me off so ~ heres what it says then It says click if u like this ...

~Hi, Welcome to Abercrombie. Our sizes are; Small, X Small, Anorexic, Bulemic, and Malnourished."

I read that & totally was uanble to comment ~only was able to press I liked it too ~thats an only option To it~which
I refused to do ~it was degrading to People! Anyways heres what loud mouth me wrote on My facebook wall....

"I hate this thing people have been clicking they like~Hi, Welcome to Abercrombie. Our sizes are; Small, X Small, Anorexic, Bulemic, and Malnourished." ~thats awful to say! Would people get pissed if it said welcome to Lane Bryant Our sizes are Large,XL,overweight,Obese, Morbidly obese , Fat a$$,& God even We hope we carry your size!?(I would be offended over either Personally)"

Then I also wrote this as a comment cause your limited to how much u can write on a wall post....

No offense to those that clicked they liked the above saying About Abercrombie.. I was just wanting to say it's degrading to some people...& make a point that neither of the above would be pleasant to read for different sized people~(I was heavy all my life until I started my journey so I am in know way degrading heavy women or thin women) Just had to speak my peace on the subject. Hugs*

~So what do u all think? I know I should have added men to it too! I was just so pissed off at the whole thing & Lane Bryant was all I could think of that sold plus size clothes cause I am a yard sale/thrift shop/walmart/clearence stores queen....And 2 be honest I rarely got anything much different when I was heavier...So I aint sure what lane bryant sales But I was trying to get my point across cause I knew I had recieved a few of there catalogs in the past & they had plus sizes in them~Anyways~I know it was a bit much But I hope they got the point.....& yes I know what I came up with for the Lane Bryant bit for heavier people was nuts but I had to get my point across somehow! I am still aggravated about it! And I know I will be the unpopular lady with issues when people read that when they log onto there facebook pages ~especially the ones that clicked they liked that saying ~OMG! Anyways I click i like some things sometimes ~such as ~they call them skinny jeans ~not make ya skinny Jeans~because I bought some recently & They didn't make me look skinnier LOL~So I thought that was a bit funny ~ But I think most everyone can relate to that being true That owns a pair of skinny jeans~the above statement about abercrombie sizing is totally untrue ~just because A person is skinny~going on the abercrombie thing~Doesn't mean they do not eat correctly or they are unhealthy~I was unhealthy when I was heavy severely & still have a few probs not weight related though Or To do with what I eat..
THOUGHTS PLEASE.....

~Sorry to write a book but I thought y'all Would be the best people to talk this over with cause we all struggle with weight issues~ & i adore y'all & your Thoughts!

I hope I didn't go too far ~but I felt it necassary~I am tired of being picked on whether your small or Big ~it's Getting out of control!

Last edited by Lori259; 08-15-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #175  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies -- hope you are all having a nice weekend...

I stuck to plan calorie-wise today -- came out to about 1300-1400 and I feel stuffed full and satisfied -- but...

I made my homemade lentil soup today -- I never knew that you could calculate how many calories are in a recipe so easily, but I saw a reference in another post on 3FC about doing that, and tried the recipe calculator on Sparkpeople. My soup ended up being very low calorie since it is vegetarian /vegan, and is basically just lentils, vegetable bouillon cubes, carrots, celery, canned diced tomatoes, and spices. I had 2 very large bowls late this afternoon/early evening, and then my daughter and I shared two bags of reduced fat/low butter microwave popcorn.

Like I said, my calories came out great, but my sodium intake was way over the top (I track that on Sparkpeople too).

I should have known better, because I tend to bloat if I eat too much sodium, and yup, about an hour after the popcorn I felt myself blowing up like a fish. My ankles and feet became visibly swollen with the water retention. I took 3 of these herbal water pills I have (my usual dose when I need them is 1 or 2), and am waiting to "expel" the excess fluid.

I made a huge pot of soup, and it's really yummy, but I think I am going to have to limit myself to much smaller portions from now on -- it's too bad because it's so low in calories -- and eating the popcorn after the bouillon based soup was just plain stupid. Oh well, live and learn.

Oh yah -- I weighed myself this morning, and I was 170.0 -- I usually pay no attention to the fractions of lbs, and just make note of the whole numbers. I have watched it in the last several days go from 170.8 to 170.3 and then today 170.0. Do you know what that means? It means that if I stick to plan and get rid of this excess water in my system, in a few days if I weigh myself I should be in the 160's again. YAY!!!!
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 AM   #176  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Good Morning

Lori-You wonderful little lamb you, just sending you a and a for speaking up for what you believe in! Your positive attitude is so inspiring! Thanks for you sweet words Im trying to deal with the 1lb a week loss but dang..i want it to be more! I think i will add in four-30minutes walks in the evening this week and see if i don't lose more next week. But don't get me wrong...im pleased to be seeing a consistent weight loss every week

Congrats to everyone on there weight loss this week! Were doing so good!
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #177  

Haven't posted here in a sec.. but down to 253.5.... Labor Day goal is just around the corner!

Edit: I changed my Labor Day Goal... now it's NOT just around the corner lol... 10.5 more pounds to go!

Last edited by Lippy100485; 08-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Lippy100485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #178  
NEVER GIVE UP

Misspriss(Amelia)
~Yw~& I want this belly roll away so bad that I wanna see some more loss too~So I know how ya feel~Just wanted to basically let you know your amazing as anyone is with any type of loss! (oh & the above thing(abercrombie ~facebook thingy) I believed in ~Was just way to much for me To keep my mouth shut up about LOL! Anyways...Off to eat my lunch..TTYL

Last edited by Lori259; 08-15-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: removed some words
Old 08-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #179  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I'm checking in to see how everyone is doing and to post my progress.

Yesterday I went shopping for the baby girl's clothes for the fall. But of course no shopping trip is complete until I try on something. Well I was in Ross and decided to get some additional workout clothes. I tried on addidas xl bottoms and they were very loose. I decided to go with the large so I can wear them a little while. I was looking at my legs since I was trying on bottoms and to my excitement, the look really good. So much smaller than they did a few months ago. HOW COOL!!! I also purchased some running shoes since I run more than I walk.

Lori - Are you telling me that this belly may hang on longer than I want it to or it will need to be hidden unless I see the surgeon? I hope not!!!!
Misspriss - It's good that there is loss every week. You are doing a great job.

OH and Lori I think it's really bad for people to say things like that and I find it highly offensive as well. maybe the person that started if felt like that because they wanted to purchase something and all the sizes were too small or made for people with no curves. So they decided to go there with it. That's one of the drawbacks of the internet people tend to say things when they can't be identified.

Looking forward to a great week and tremendous loss. Have a great loss week.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #180  
NEVER GIVE UP

LOL jiggle I am an apple shape~So my belly is the last thing to be leaving for me~I have struggled with it my whole journey
Anyways....Not a surgical matter it is firming Just still some of it there ~a roll. LOL! So I will continue my situps/crunches Until it is gone~It's going off rather well with every new month. I am basically losing inches rather than pounds.~So as long as u exercise with weigth loss I think you will be fine~My skin Suprisingly is coming back together pretty well The more I exercise! SO DO NOT PANIC!!!

Yeah I agree with ya about the Abercrombie thing someone proboly got mad they didn't carry there size. ~I just thought when i read that ~that even the ones saying they liked it was degrading thereselves a bit by saying they was too big for abercrombie~If ya know what I mean~So I didn't even really get why they would click like it! I do not even own any abercrombie I don't think unless I have it from a yard sale~ I just thought ~the making fun of skinny & heavy & in between people must stop & I think a life full of getting picked at made me take it personally ~now that I am smaller I get picked at too is all I could think ~LOL I am still mad about it! LMAO~I need to calm myself ~I do have an anxiety disorder I must remember this & calm myself LOL!
(oh & some of the people was the skinny girls from back in my school days that hung out with the people who made fun of me When I was heavy cause I always have been until now~and they must have gained weight ~nothing to be embaressed about ~but it was like I felt there picking all over again~LOL)UGHHHH MUST CALM DOWN!

Anyways Hope u have a super weight loss week this week too~U ROCK!