Old 08-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone I hate it when the internet is down cant come and post and check on what everyone is doing. Thank you jdonato for your support. Water arobics is great for me. Doing good on the calories and the workouts. Yesterday when I weighed at the pool it said 259. Yea its coming down. Well off to do some searching on the web cul e1.

carrot for each lb lost for Labor Day Challenge
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #77  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Jiggle wishing you many blessing this year and years to come.

Talking about legs ... oh my goodness, my legs will look like sticks when I reach goal. My thighs are looking better though and not rubbing as much so that's a plus.

MissPriss, my TOM has been early every month since starting my weight loss journey. I wonder what's up with that. But at least it comes

jdonato, Congratulations on the new job. I know what you mean about the stores. My husband is 6"6 so it's never a problem when he goes with me. And I sure let him know when I have to ask someone to help me. Then he says you're just asking random guys for help, well yeah, you weren't there, LOL. But it's the same way at home I don't use the top shelves of the cabinets for anything but storage. Can't see up there and I have had more than my share of things falling out.

KDM, Congratulations on the new low.

dcapulet, I have to buy all new clothes all of my clothes are size 16-20 so they all look bad. My jeans and dress pants actually look like they belong to someone else and my tops look like maternity tops (some of them were since my belly was so big). I never thought I would lose weight. I was actually one of those people that didn't see anything wrong with my weight until I couldn't walk up my stairs without panting like crazy or walk to the school bus stop it was getting to be ridiculous. I gave away all of my smaller clothes about 4 years ago, now I wish I had them all. I had some really nice things

Hello to Everyone I'll be back later.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #78  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

Unhappy I totally fell apart!

Hey CC challenge friends, you probably wondered if I fell off the face of the earth.

I have tried to back track and figure out what made me fall apart. I had such a good grip on my motivation and plan and it just left me! I have regained 7 pounds! In three weeks, y'all! The last week I've been grasping at reclaiming my motivation like a drowning person grasping at a life preserver. I think I've finally got ahold.

Next Sunday is my birthday and I've had my birthday dress since about February. I was fitting it perfectly before July 15 - it's a size 10 and I was so excited to wear it on my birthday. I haven't tried it on yet, but I'm afraid it's going to be too snug now. I've only got 7 days to feel comfy in it again!

I know one thing that I've failed at is getting my booty on here and checking in with y'all. I'm so mad at myself for getting so off course and it has been SOOOO hard to get back on course. This is the first day I've been totally OP in over 3 weeks. Getting through the evening will be my challenge.
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #79  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Hi, all!

Susieyarb, I'm glad you are back and posting. I know how it is to slip into something and have it take awhile to get back on my plan.

BigMama, hope your computer is behaving! I always enjoy reading your posts.

It's nice to read of so much success! You all are inspiring.

It would be grand if we could all swap clothes. Amongst us all, we've probably got every size. Oh well, at least we've got the internet and our nifty thread!

Am working on refining my food plan. Am feeling much healthier since stopping the grains and legumes. My bones are very happy and I can wiggle my toes with the best of 'em!

I wish you all a beautiful evening and peaceful rest tonight.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #80  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

susieyarb- you can succeed, you did it before and you can do it again. I think all of us have those times when we just don't care anymore, but once you see the scale going up, you have to get back to it again.

As for me, I'm back down to 105.1 again, I don't understand why the scale went up yesterday, but somehow it came back down. I didn't deserve that weight gain at all, I have been doing real well for the past 9 days. I love working at the farmer's market, it's only Thurs, Fri, and Saturdays, but I get 20hrs.in those three days. Alot of exercise, lifting and running around. I don't have time for my walk/ jog everyday anymore, I miss it. I had 1725 cal today, only because I had a craving for chocolate and I had to have some fat free chocolate ice cream before work. Good luck to all!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #81  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Susie you can do it. Pick yourself back up and smile just like in the picture BIG BIG
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #82  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Quick post~will do personals a later time ~had an allergic reaction yesterday to a puppy~Still having issues cause I am allergic to benadryl also And can only take it in small doses for several days to help with the reaction~I had a pleasant day earlier Now I am feeling like crap again~Keep me in your prayers.
*Hugs to all*
Goodnight everyone.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #83  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLife View Post
Am working on refining my food plan. Am feeling much healthier since stopping the grains and legumes. My bones are very happy and I can wiggle my toes with the best of 'em!
You don't eat any grains or legumes at all? I am curious as to why...

and I glanced at that book you reference in your signature, Eat Fat and Grow Slim. Very unusual approach to eating. If I ate that way I'd spend all of my time in the bathroom -- I can't tolerate any fatty foods since I had my gallbladder out.

I am starting to notice which foods I don't tolerate well -- pasta is one, which just breaks my heart because I am 100% Italian (actually 50% Italian and 50% Sicilian), and I love my ziti and spaghetti and penne and.....but I am noticing when I eat too much of it I get gassy. Same with corn -- and cheese -- I eat very little cheese, other than almond cheese, but I decided to have a grilled cheese sandwich with mozzarella the other day -- I carefully portioned everything and the calories came out right, but boy oh boy, did it make me gassy all afternoon. Never again....

So why no legumes and grains?
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:26 AM   #84  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Good Morning, everyone!

Lori, hope you're feeling better this morning!

KarenBee, the gluten in certain grains causes many people problems. Could be why you don't tolerate pasta very well. Some can eat rice or quinoa pasta. I can't explain the science of why grains and legumes cause troubles, but there are those who can. What grains and legumes do after we've swallowed them is explained in the blog link, Hyperlipid, in my signature, and some at the blog PaNu, link also in my signature. Many, many people are grain- or legume-intolerant, and don't know it.

I'm very sorry about your gallbladder. That's hard. It's great you are doing so much to take good care of yourself.

Love2b, am sending you pretty, stick-leg thoughts!

Fruitlady,

Last edited by SilverLife; 08-08-2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: fixed smiley
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

I did my weigh in this morning and I am down 2 pounds I'm sure I won't make my labor day goal after my MAJOR mess up a few weeks ago, but that is OK as I am back on plan, and doing well again.

I love reading everyones post, and I understand how some food affect some in a negative way, and not others. I can't eat any nuts at all, or my diverticulitus (sp.) kicks in big time. I can eat some fruits with seeds, and not others so I do the best I can with the ones that I can eat.

Have a great sunday everyone,

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #86  
No more +sizes

Good Morning.
I feeling pretty good today. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the spa yesterday. I did GREAT eating withing my calorie range and had absolutely no alcohol during the party. They were trying to pressure me but I didn't yield to it. I know I have a two year that rises very early and I needed to be able to do the mommy thing because they wouldn't be here to help me.

Susie - It's good to see you back. You'll be reporting losses in no time. Missed You!!
Silver - Keep wiggling those toes...
Karen - Is it regular pasta you can't eat or can you eat the Gluten Free pasta. I tried the gluten free and it tasted odd to me...that would be an acquired taste for me if it I had to eat it. I love wheat pasta though.
Slim - Congrats on the two pound loss...you are going in the right direction. Even if you don't make your Labor Day goal you will be closer to it than when you started the challenge.

I plan to do yoga today even though Sunday is my rest day. Yesterday was a rest day from exercise so I will be moving my body today. I need to get my body ready to start running this week. Maybe I'll go walking on the tread mill as well. I really need to push myself these next four weeks so I will have made some good progress for this Challenge.

Have a great day everyone. Lets make it a point to live on purpose today and reward our bodies with things that will make them feel GOOD!!

Last edited by jigglefree; 08-08-2010 at 09:19 AM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #87  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
Karen - Is it regular pasta you can't eat or can you eat the Gluten Free pasta. I tried the gluten free and it tasted odd to me...that would be an acquired taste for me if it I had to eat it. I love wheat pasta though.
[/B]
I have never tried gluten free pasta -- truthfully, I never knew there was such a thing. I tried whole wheat pasta many years ago and did not care for it.

I can eat regular pasta in small quantities, just not a whole bowl of it. A few bites don't seem to hurt.

I just bought some lentils and split peas yesterday and was going to make lentil soup tonight, but now you got me wondering -- guess I'll make it and see what happens. I do know that beans are a problem -- once agin, must be small quantities.

Maybe it is the gluten -- at hubby's request, last spring I tried baking bread with with whole wheat flour and added various other grains too -- did not agree with me at all. I found that the only home made bread I could eat was white bread with unbleached flour, and even then it seemed that the yeast was bothering me. Maybe I should look into this gluten thing....
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #88  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone! Yesterday my mom and I took the girls to the uniform store to get their shoes, tights, socks, hairbows and lunchboxes. While we were out we went out to eat...I was thrilled to find lo cal selections and I put half my meal a way as soon as I got it. We also stopped by the mall and my kids had a huge case of the I want, I want I want...I do not give in and my mom did pretty well, except at the Disney store.

I am down to 190.6, and am so thankful I started CCing again last month. I am also thankful for you all to chat with about CCing and losing weight, it means so much to me.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #89  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning

Im a happy camper today, down about a lb i thought TOM would mess me up but im happy to see a loss for the week. @ 173.4.

Next week im going to try and stay @ or below 1500, its time to get the scale moving. I went over two night last week by about 400 on each night so no more of that crap! Size 10...here i come (come ON WHOOSH FAIRY)

Lori- speaking of dogs, we watched Marely and Me last night and i was balling like a big baby at the end

Susie-You can do it! Glad to see you check in!

slimnup-Congrats on your loss!

EVERYONE...Hello and have a wonderful day today!!!
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Good Sunday Morning everyone. Hope all is well with you. Just thought I'd stop by before getting ready for church. And yes computer is acting right so far. Doing good on calorie counting and the labor day challenge. Just cant wait till monday morning to get back to the pool. ty silver for your kind words. I enjoy coming here and reading all the post, its very encourageing to me and i'm spreading the word out about the site. Hope it helps everyone as it is very encouraging to me keeps me on track and motivates me to try hard so my posts shows that its working to reach my goal. I know we can all do it and we are going to get there some day. Well guess I'd better get off here and get ready for church. Will post later today.

Labor Day challenge to lose 10lbs. started at 264 now 259
carrot for each lb so far
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote