Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #181  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

misspriss, Lori- Hi, don't feel bad about your belly roll. I never lost mine and I weigh 105lbs. and I walk and jog everyday, I think having kids, getting all stretched out from pregnancy and being overweight ( even though I had my last child 15 yrs ago) does it to you. I also have alot of loose skin on my upper thighs ans upper arms since I lost weight. It just won't go away!

Well, i lost another 1.5 lbs. and am back down to 105.7lbs. For some stupid reason 105lbs. gives my mind the ok to overeat. I feel safe at that weight to overeat or binge. So, I ate to much today, had 3140 cal. Most of it was making stupid food choices, but I realized what I was doing before it was alot worse. Like later in the day I was craving chocolate, I went to the market to get light chocolate ice cream, I must of spent an hour fighting with myself not to buy it. I'm glad I thought long and hard about it, I ended up buying a 3 Musketeer mint bar( 150cal, 5g. fat) I ate it in the car, then I had 10 Hershey kisses. It cured my craving and it was so much better than eating a whole half gallon of ice cream. I feel great, I don't feel sick and bloated. That was my goal and i'm really proud of myself! I'll still gain weight though, I know it.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #182  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Thanks fruitlady I will try to remember that with ever situp/crunch & squat I do~If they do not work~Cause I hate doing them anyways LOL! & I am sooo happy with the new size I am...And I am a momma of 3 kids. I am trying to get one of those Jillian Micheals bellys I guess! Doesn't hurt to dream...Or will it? LOL! If I aint firm by My 2 year anniversary Of counting calories ~which will be November 11th~which is a little short of 3 months away~i will give up on that idea becoming a reality! LOL

I have an idea for u ~maybe try to make 104 your new goal number Or something lower than the 105 so when u get to 105 U can maintain without binging! Maybe it's just a mind thing ~saying to u I did it now I can celebrate! Who knows LOL~I think u rock regardless~u look amazing in your avatar girl!!~oh Since your my peanut butter friend I must tell ya~ I had a few peanut butter & crackers last night~ So I went over by about 300 to 400 calories or so~UGH! I LOVED IT though! Until after then I felt guilty But I got over it.LOL
Its the first time in days or Maybe weeks I have over did my calories I think!
Anyways.. I will stay in control today....I had the hubby hide it(the yummy peanut butter)! ~LOL

Last edited by Lori259; 08-15-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:35 AM   #183  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Hello, Ladies!

About those rolls on our bellies. I've been reading that they could very well come from estrogen dominance. Nice big subject.

We're still waiting for rain. My tomatoes and okra are finally producing some fruit, which is nice. And the hummingbirds are here visiting, which is especially lovely.

Have got myself well in hand again, and am going forward. I got rather lax when I reached my goal for this challenge, and didn't keep going. I realized I should have said ten or twelve pounds rather than eight. But, am going again, which is nice.

I wish you all an especially nice day.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #184  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning ladies --

I weighed myself this morning, and I was 169.8 !! I almost can't believe it, I am in the 160's again !! YAY !!!!! The last time I was this low was late 2008....

I went looking thru our pictures yesterday and found my "before" pictures, taken this past winter -- boy, do I look fat! I am 20 lbs lighter now. I can't wait to try on those same jeans and take a picture.

This is how I feel today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

Last edited by KarenBee; 08-16-2010 at 08:01 AM.
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #185  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Ok, why is it that my kids are already fighting? I mean, they just got up. It makes me crazy!!!

Karenbee: YAY! Congrats! I'm so excited for you to be in the 160's. What a great feeling.

Silverlife: I think everyone needs a good rain. I love home grown tomatoes. They have so much more flavor than store bought ones.

Fruitlady: I'm an ice cream lover too. I have a weight watchers ice cream bar every night. It seems to help keep me from making bad choices during the day since I know I will have a treat at night. The one I eat only has 130 calories in it and is very satisfying. Have you tried buying skinny cows or any of the weight watcher ice creams? It might help.

So, I'm in the home stretch. I go back to work on Friday after having a lovely summer off. It makes me feel sad and happy all at the same time. Between work, my kids going back to school, the kids soccer practices etc, things are going to get crazy busy again. I like being able to sip my coffee and check this message board in the morning, but in a few days, I'm not going to be able to. UGH, kids are yelling again. Have a good day guys!
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #186  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hello gang, just a quick check in...

I've got a rest day on tabs today. Well, except the never ending mountian of laundry.

I woke up with my head pounding, body aches and my nose all stuffed up. DD had the sniffles last week and i figured it was allergies. Singular seemed to help her last week so I took a clariton and i hope it helps

I will check back in later..have a great Monday
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

karen--congrats on the 160s!! and bout the goodwill clothes...the only thing that sucks is when u really like something and then it doesn't fit for long!! haha but atleast we're shrinking!!!

amelia--1lb/week is slow, but like you said, going in the right direction! I've only been averaging 1lb since I started on 3fc...it can get very frustrating, but in the long run, you'll look back and be like "Wow, I've lost X since X" keep up the good work!!! let me know if you figure out who to up the loss/week!!!

as for me, DH & I went on a road trip fri-sat and I def. overate! buuut, the good news, I'm only up 0.4 today! and TOM should be coming any time this week, so i'm gonna be craving, but hopefully I can keep the grazing to a minimum!! haha I've been very lax on exercising, but plan to change that this week! AND i need to take measurements, bc I've only lost a couple lbs, but my shorts are WAY more loose! especially those from goodwill that I cant even wear now! LoL

Hope everyone has a great week! Only 3wks left!! WE GOT THIS!!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #188  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Hello World!!! I've been working out really well but I probably need to lower my calories...well at least according to my iPod app Loseit. I was excited today because I tried on all my winter coats and they are WAY too big !! My clothes are getting loose and I'm thinking it's because I've been running and I have moved from 1mile runs with alternating walk/run intervals of .25 miles to 1.25 miles run .25 walk and .5 mile run at the end. I think that will help me some more. I got some new running shoes Saturday but they aren't comfortable. I'm hoping it's just that I need to break them in because I spent my money on them.

Three weeks left and we will be telling each other how wonderful we did and what we accomplished. So let's make it as wondrous as possible...even surprising yourself with your progress. PUSH!!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #189  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Jiggle, you just reminded me that I have no winter coat -- I got rid of mine after last winter -- it was a size 12 red wool full length coat that was so snug in the hips that I couldn't button it all winter and had to leave it open, so I donated it to a thrift shop. I would be able to wear it this year -- but at the time I was going thru a period of trying to reconcile myself to just being that size for the rest of my life and liking it. I had convinced myself that it was impossible to lose weight because of my missing gallbladder and starting menopause -- I had read that both of those things make weight loss more difficult, so I wasn't even trying. I even gave away a bunch of skirts and pants that I thought would never fit again -- that would fit me very soon. Oh well -- it will be nice to get some new clothes.
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #190  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Hello again!

Ok...I'm back at work now (BOO!), but I had an AWESOME summer and now I'm ready to kick my plan back into high gear...counting every day, getting back into my regular exercise routine and posting here more often! (I have slacked off in ALL those areas.)

I can't even begin to keep up with this thread since I last logged on, so I will try to start over today with what's going on with everyone Hope everyone is doing well!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:16 AM   #191  

Good Morning, all!

The rain finally came, so I won't have to water today. Will decide about walking with an umbrella.

Am staying on plan, and sending you all best wishes for success today.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #192  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

Ugh! Bad night and not so great morning here! Will spare you guys the details but could use any extra anybody has to share!

Keep up the good work chickies! Have a great day!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #193  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Fruitlady you look great, wouldn't think you'd have a belly roll at all. I have five children so I know that it will be there. I can deal with the belly roll as long as it's not as big as it use to be. I never in life want to be asked/told ... You pregnant again? <--- use to drive me crazy

Lori I know what you and fruitlady mean about the pb. Every time I make sandwiches for the kids I want to lick the knife, then get a spoon. But I kind of fixed that with the Slim Fast peanut butter crunch only a 100 calories and I still get that taste. I know it's not the same but I would never be able to just have a little of the real stuff

Karen Congrats on the 160's Most of my winter coats wrap around me also. Tried them on when I cleaned out my closet. But I do have a few that I really liked that from when I was lighter that wouldn't close, I figure by winter I will be able to wear them comfortably.

Saggzz, I think I actually did better when I had all of the running around to do. At least I wasn't near my fridge all day The emails are already pouring in for me too with the kids activities starting.

Amelia don't you just love laundry. I've decided to stop complaining about it since in order to keep on top of it, it must be done daily. Even though I believe that our oldest cleans her room by throwing every thing on the floor into the laundry baskets. I still complain about socks though
Hope you got to rest and the Clariton worked for you.

KDM good for you on the inches. I tried to take my measurements about two weeks ago and apparently I don't know how to do it right. I get the same measurements that I got a long time ago.

Hi Jiggle hope you get those shoes broken in also. Congrats on the inches loss and loose clothes

Hi NorthernExposure welcome back

Thanks SilverLife back at cha'

Westernsoutherngirl anytime and as many as you want

Last edited by love2b150; 08-17-2010 at 12:46 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #194  

Westernsoutherngirl, am sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs!

Love2b,

Ladies, the belly rolls do get smaller and flatter. I promise!

Sending you all lots of smiles and best wishes.

Last edited by SilverLife; 08-17-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: added boldface
Old 08-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #195  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone!!! I can not believe there are now less than 3 weeks left! Feeling confident that I will make my goal.

My son is doing a hockey camp and we are leaving the house as close to 7am as I can...guess it is a good kick start to getting back into the morning routine since they start on the 26th and I start on the 30th.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote