Old 07-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hello girls,
Just another short note,
Mostly to say Thanks for the Birthday wishes. It was sweet of you all.

I would have been on earlier tonight… But my son called… well that always takes no less than 1 hr. Today, 2 hrs.

We get on and its nearly impossible to get us off. He called to tell me happy birthday too.
That and that he loves me. I have just about the greatest kids.

I went to work today, And received a gift from my boss and a coworker.
The patients living there were upset… That they did not know today was my bday.
They wanted to give me something, I told them their smiles was enough. They are so sweet. Gosh I love my job.

my calories for today: 1308
Fat: 27%
Carbs: 47%
Fiber: 34
Protein: 85 27%
I will drink at least 7 L of water by bed. Which is just about now. I have an MRI early in the am.

I hope everyone’s day was as sweet as mine.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

queenjane/coolmom~ I love the squid salad (extra spicy!) It's probably one of the few items with no oil in it. We did also have the spicy noodle which is really fatty, but we split an order. We always get the squid salad and then one order of something else and then we split it.

Tinky~ Coconut is one of the few foods I have a hard time liking, but Tom Ka Gai is so good! I had it for the first time about a month ago. Yummy!

Jolina~
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 PM   #228  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

LittleRed- Yeah the residents sure know how to make you feel good. One of my resident's asked me if I had lost weight. LOL Its hard to not get too emotionally involved, but it can't be helped. I'm glad you're in the field as well.

Zenor- Mmmhmmm Tom Kha Gai is my weakness, I can eat it anytime, on a hot day or cold, it doesn't matter. I also have a weakness for the Panang Curry! I guess I love anything with coconut milk. Thank goodness we don't use too too much of it in Vietnamese cuisine. Otherwise I would be in trouble.

Calories today 1463
Fiber 44 (wooohoooo!)

I really haven't exercise for the last two days, so I've kept my calories lower than usual. Shame on me!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:55 PM   #229  
It's up to me this time!

hey everyone...hope all are doing great! i've been down and out with Pneumonia of all things....which going to the doctor for that only helped me KNOW how much I need this...I found out I have an enlarged heart and high blood pressure.....when it rains it pours....i'm still on medication for the pneumonia that include steriods which are really hard to deal with while trying to lose weight...but i've only got 2 more days on those then hopefully i'm feeling like new again.

but...for the record i've been "soda free" for 7 days now...lol that's a HUGE thing for me....i'm looking forward to getting back to walking...haven't been able to do that for awhile....doctor said not until this is all cleared..so hopefully soon!
jcogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #230  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Jeanette- I hope you get better soon! Sometimes it takes a Dr.'s visit to really open up your eyes. I know that's what it took for me! My Dr. was very straight to the point and dead serious. That shook me up a bit. You can do it though! Congrats on being soda free!! I know it's hard, but think of all the long term benefits. I know it sounds crazy but you're off to a great start!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 165/163/130

Height: 5' 4.5"

Happy hi, everyone!!!

June's Averages:
Cals - 1410
Fiber - 8g (yikes that's low!)
Carbs - 168g (yikes that's high! lol)
Protein - 51g

Not sure how well (or awful) I'm doing with each of these (except the calories) for cal counting. But, at least now I realize where I'm at. Feel like I'm getting the calorie counting down and making healthier choices. Now I just need to polish up on nutrition and get my booty shakin' with some activity!!! I'm a slow starter. *blush*
lilmizzc00kie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #232  
It's up to me this time!

Tinky....thank you for your support.....I know doctor's are great but they scare the heck out of me and i'm a nurse...lol I know better than to let myself go like this....my mother was only 53 when she passed away 15 yrs ago from a heart attack...she wasn't overweight but was a heavy smoker and stressed beyond belief....I know I have to change my ways so I don't do the same thing to my kids.....I guess it takes a big wake up call like that mean doctor..lol telling me that i'm overweight to make me realize it. I told myself "this time" i'm not doing this for me...that never worked before...this time i'm doing it for my kids...they deserve better.
jcogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #233  

Cals for today~ 1505
Fiber~ 38 grams

We are going to visit my sister and her family this weekend (we leave tomorrow.) It's the only time I have to go up to the bay area before we move. I'm excited, but it's a long drive. My sister has struggled with her weight before and lost a lot on WW, so there should be plenty of healthy food while we are up there. Also, this is the first time she's seen me since I started losing weight. She has seen pictures, but it's not quite the same.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:44 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Calories- 1,127
Fiber- 20 I REALLY need to work on that!!
Calories burned: 906

My food was so delicious today!! I had .25 of an avocado in a wonderful salad! It was so good that I would eat it three times a day. Well, not really but it was pretty gosh darn good! I didn't hit my calorie goal or fiber goal so I am totally adding beans back in tomorrow... well technically today. I need to stop staying up so late but in all honestly I won't be sleeping that much this weekend because of the last harry potter book

Zenor- have fun with your sister, it must feel great to shock everyone with your new look!! Your pictures are amazing I might put up pictures when I reach my goal but block out my face because I am so paranoid! Have fun!!

Tinky- great fiber count girl!

lilmisscookie- you'll find that with time you won't really need to count because your so used to the numbers! I love counting, its a great way to control exactly what your eating and its fun finding out what works out for your own body!

jcogs- i hope you feel better soon!!

to everyone!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:53 AM   #235  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Calories - 1450
Fiber - 20 (little low today but I indulged in pizza, naughty me!)

I was 194.5 today! Dang a few days after TOM and the weight is dropping fast, probably will come back next time, oh well lol.
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Ugh my TOM SHOULD be here any second! I have bloated and up 1 full pound on the scale. It was up 2 pounds but I have been working out hard to try and get rid of it. If my TOM does not come today I will be very surprised!!

Susan- my rib case still hurt from the weights i lifted two days ago
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #237  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday was just about perfect -- 1605, 28F/53C/20P with 30g fiber and 30 minutes of exercise. Scale is still not moving this week, but I'm hoping I follow edzard's path and drop after TOM is gone. Going to visit my mom this weekend -- which is usually fraught with high-calorie/high-fat eating. We're going to pack some "good stuff" from home to try to counteract, I'll try to get in some walking (I could mow her 1.5 acre lawn with the push mower!), and stick to my "nothing after 9PM" pledge and I should do OK.

Littlered: what a great job on your birthday cal count! You must've found some great non-food ways to celebrate!

Zenor: squid salad. I'm so bummed -- it is SO not one of my favorites. Massaman curry, southern thai rice noodles, and anything with coconut milk. Though, the hotter the food, the less I eat, so that's been my strategy with thai food lately.

Tinky: what a fiber count!

Jeanette: soda free for 7 days? WOW! You ROCK! I know how hard this must be -- and while you're sick, too. (by the way, my doctor kicked me in the butt too, which is why I'm here)

Lilmizzcookie: taking is slow is OK -- it means you're forming new habits and new habits will last you a lifetime

Rocknroll: keep those calories up -- you need 'em!

Edzard: way to drop those pounds!
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #238  

edzard & queenjane~ I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that a women's estrogen levels are lowest right after TOM and that is when you will weigh the least. I don't know if estrogen is what makes you retain water or what? But I've heard other people refer to after TOM being their "true" weight. Since, I can't remember where I read that I can't tell you it's accurate, but that might explain why it does seem to woosh off right after TOM.

The scale was down one more lb this morning, but I'm not changing my ticker until we get back. I might do some damage this weekend. Hopefully not too much though. Well, I'm off to pack and get on the road.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #239  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Happy Friday everyone!

I had a freshly stocked kitchen yesterday and went a little overboard with munching, but back on track today. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

RocknRoll ... I'm gona be paraphrasing and mixing up my facts a bit but ... I think ... delayed onset muscle soreness is just that, delayed ... and often longer than you'd think. I often don't feel much for 36 hours or so. And it takes a while to fade. I'm pretty sure that's why folks suggest doing a 3 or 4 day split, so that you're not tempted to work muscles that are still healing from the last session.
Did that make sense?

What were you doing that hurt your ribs?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote