Old 07-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #151  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hello Ladies!! Wow, this weekend has flown by so fast.

Zenor- Oooh it must feel so wonderful yet a little nerve racking to be by your goal!! You've done such a great job. But I do hope you stick around on here! LOL! I haven't been to Baja Fresh in a couple of years. We have a couple up here, but haven't been. You know you're not the only one that has said that about them!

LittleRed- Nice to see you again! I was wondering where you've been! Well a plus side to working at Curves is your free pass, and helping people make a difference by encouraging others, like you've encouraged us!! But I do understand that whole standing around thing, some people don't want to be bothered. Well I look forward to seeing what your decision is. Don't worry you'll be back at it when the your busy schedule dies down a bit, but you should be proud that you haven't gained!

Petra- Woooh, you're almost there too!!!! You can do it!! I wish you the best of luck in getting this new position! More money, and doing what you know best is always a plus!!!
Yeah being in the shorter end of the clothes dept. I know how you feel!! Some petites are a bit long or a bit short, finding the just right cut takes patience! LOL

Susan- Thank you for the Will power dust!! I could always use it!! I love walking as well, its nice and I find it relaxing even if I'm power walking.

Bargoo- You go girl!!!!! I know you can do it!!! White pants, wow, that will be my goal next year to wear a nice pair of white capris, because by the time I will be able to wear them it'll be cold! LOL

RockNRoll- Congrats on your 4.3 lb loss! That's an accomplishment!

Well I like to announce that I've officially lost 25 lbs to date. I'm now in the 70's!! Woo hooo!!!!!! It's been a bit of a struggle, but I was so happy this morning when I looked at the scale. On top of that I said no to Pizza, and McDonalds breakfast yesterday! I got a little ways to go, but this is great progress!

Well ok off to the shower. I rewarded myself with a nice workout! LOL!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #152  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Well tomorrow I need to weigh in for the labor day challenge and I am not happy. I don't know what happened we got back from camping and I jumped on the scale it said 195 (after lunch), the weather that day was super hot and seattle went into high heat for a couple days and staying near 80 since. The scale jumped to 198 +/- since then and hasn't moved!! Its depressing me a bit, I have been so motivated and really want to lose, I lost it one day this week with PMS but otherwise I am still being good. My ring won't budge so I know its probably a lot of water weight but geez its hard to deal with!!

CONGRATS Tinky I can't wait to be where you are!!!! You are my shining goal, I am gonna draft ya lol.

Wow Zenor its so awesome to be where you are you can basically start looking at maintenance now! Figuring out how things are gonna work and such, I can't remember when weighed what you do now, or will soon, maybe 11 years ago at my wedding? Sad for me to say....I am only thirty, I need to get these weight issues handled now before other life changes make it harder! So where is your success story and before and after pics (I want to see the before for inspiration!) Bout time to start drafting those, I think being so close qualifies you!

Well chickies I am going to try and make falafels and see if I even like them, I do like chickpeas so hope so! I made a list of as many "meals" as I can to choose from for descent calories (325-450) with high protein and high fiber. So if you have a favorite let me know (no wheat though). Follow in all those success stories footsteps those seem to be key ingrediants for all.

Talk at ya later,
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It's be hard to say no to that job offer of Littlereds ... ooowhee ....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #154  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/150

Height: 5,4

jcogs: try adding the water flavorings to carbonated water i drink it all the time. i was a pepsi addict for years, and i also dont like diet soda. have you tried coke zero it is the only diet soda i drink now.
cablgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #155  
It's up to me this time!

cablgurl, I haven't thought of carbonated water...that's a great idea! I haven't tried coke zero...I was thinking it was like diet coke. the only diet soda i've found I can stand is diet mt. dew...too much caffiene.

I was telling myself tonight as I was in the kitchen getting my breakfast and lunch planned for tomorrow that "desperate times call for desperate measures" i've heard that somewhere before....lol i've made the decision to go cold turkey....no soda at all...i'm someone if I can't have what I want I just don't want it...which means if I can't have real soda I don't want the diet stuff....lol so i've told myself...tea...and water...that's it....I can't let this get the best of me...i'm bigger than the soda and I just have to say "NO" lol
jcogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:45 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today~ 1554
Fiber~ 25 grams

I've posted pictures in the goal photo album. I know I'm not quite at goal yet, but I just couldn't keep you guys waiting another 3-??? weeks . I'm not sure how long these last 5 lbs will take me, but I feel really close.

I'll still be around while I'm maintaining. I plan on upping my calories very slowly after I reach goal, so I'll still post my cals on here. Besides, I'd miss everyone!

jcogs~ I used sparkling water to help kick my diet coke addiction. I really enjoyed trying out all the different carbonated mineral waters out there (there are alot.) My favorite is Gerolsteiner. I just have it as a treat now, but I used to drink a liter of carbonated water a day when I was first kicking the soda habit. You can do it!

edzard~ How'd you like the falafel? I love them!

Petra~ Good luck on the job front! It must be nice to get paid what you're worth. I've never felt that I have been paid my worth. I hope you get it!

Littlered~ What a great decision to have to make! I'm a big fan of working as close to home as possible to keep my gas bill down. I think you'd be great at that job too. You are great at motivating people!

Congratulations on all the losses! Keep up the good work everyone!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Theresa (Littlered) -- Happy 50th birthday!!!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #158  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Wow So many people close to goal!!!!!

Thanks for the clothing advice. I am shopping tomorrow, and looking for the empire waist/ non maternity looking tops. and some petite length capris.

Another amazing coincidence is that I too have a job interview on Tuesday. An easy extra couple half shifts giving shots to outpatient folks, a "shot nurse." She sounded really cool and relaxed. I wonder if I could work with my baby strapped to my back? LOL

weightloss update: HELLO 150s!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good Morning.
Just a quick note, before the dr’s appointment.
I have decided not to take the job at curves…Yes, I know it sounds insane.
While I was so grateful, I have a reason.

I have really enjoyed my other new job, helping at the home to feed the old folks.

And so I have said a few prayers to help me make a decision that would not leave me unhappy.

God sent me my answer at work last night.

The daughter of one of the residents (new),
walked up to me and hugged me.
then she said
“ I had the patience of Jobe””
”and Thank you for doing such a wonderful job.”

I was so tickled and surprised, I almost cried.

While the other job does sound like the job to take, I have to follow my heart. I told my favorite lady resident, I had a job offer, And she almost cried.

While there are many frustrations, working at the home. I feel so good about what I do.

My son, is disappointed that I am keeping this job. Because I work 6 days a week, at dinner time.

And he likes to have dinner parties. I guess he will just have to hold a plate for me. And a big glass of wine. After all I most often am done by 6 pm.

I have to go for my dr’s appointment now,
I will be back later After I get a workout too.
have a sunny day.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #160  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Well, I lost 3.5 pounds last week, which means I've lost 5% of my body weight. 10% -- here I come! I averaged 1561 calories/day, 28% fat, 49% carbs and 22% protein with 27g fiber/day -- and I didn't eat after 9PM at all (which was my goal last week and again this week). I did join the Y, and DS and I went Saturday and Sunday just to splash around in the pool. Going to try to get my butt over there 2x this week during lunch to sweat a little w/o DS.

Zenor -- you are smokin' You look just fabulous in your goal/progress photos. I'll say it again, when I grow up, I want to be just like zenor!

Tinky -- what willpower to turn down pizza and McD's. McD's isn't a thing of mine, but I have a hard time turning down pizza!!! Congrats!

Edzard -- How did you cook the falafel? I haven't made it since I've been counting calories, but I assume my old "fire up a pot of oil" method probably adds a ton of calories!

Jeanette -- Way to go on deciding to kick the soda habit -- just think how much FOOD you can fit into your calorie allotment now that you're not drinking 200+ calories of high-fructose corn syrup a couple of times a day!

Coolmom -- are you a babywearer? you mentioned having babe "strapped to your back" -- what are you using? (I still "babywear" my 28-month-old)

Littlered -- sounds like you made the right decision -- the old folks would've missed you.

Last edited by queenjane; 07-16-2007 at 10:27 AM.
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Hey guys! Good morning

Yesterday's Calories:
33 grams of fiber

I ate way too much sliced deli meat which is really high in sodium... and sodium + me = water weight gain!

So I have decided to give myself a little challenge this week. I am going to cut out canned beans unless I rinse them for a long long time and I am also going to cut out all deli meats. I am switching from walnuts to almonds and I am going to snack on veggies rather than the deli meat.

I am also not going to weigh in until friday or sunday... not too sure yet!! So I'm going to have a different week food wise

Well I'll talk to you guys later!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Littlered~ I completely understand! Sometimes the right decision isn't the obvious one. It is nice to have an offer though. Makes you feel special and wanted. Just goes to show what a good employee you are.
Your birthday is on Thursday right?

RockNroll~ Sounds like a good plan! I feel so much better since cutting my salt back. Especially during TOM, I have almost no bloat and hardly any other physical symptoms (still a grump at those times though.)

queenjane~ Thanks!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #163  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Hello Everyone!

Edzard- Awwww, be careful now, you don't want to over inflate my ego! J/K!
Well recruit away!! You willl be there soon than you think!!!

JCogs- Great job to your for kicking your soda habit. I know it's hard, but be persistant!

Zenor- I'll go ahead and post it here too, but you look WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so inspired by you! You've done such a tremendous job!!!
I'm glad you'll be sticking around!! Some people lose and just go!

CoolMom- Have a great time shopping!! I will be doing that in Sept or so.

LittleRed- Congrats on your decision. It is a wonderful feeling to make a difference in the life of seniors. I think that's why I really can't get away from it. I bet your residents are blessed that they have someone who really cares about them.

QueenJane- Congrats on the 3.5 lb loss! You go girl!!!! Yes, it was very hard to resist. Pizza and pasta are my weaknesses. I don't trust myself with it, so I eat the Lean Cuisine spaghetti to help with it. But Pizza I haven't done yet. LOL!

Well my co-workers are making fun of how baggy my pants are and how low the front area is starting to sink. LOL I guess I'll take it as a compliment!!! LOL! Looks like I also got a couple of people calorie counting too!!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh Littlered ... you look after the elderly! Now I completely understand. I love geriatrics! My dream assignment when I get to work at 3 would be a coupla wards full of old people.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #165  

Default back on the scene!

I'm back, finally! We're in our new NC home (as of Saturday) and I just got my computer set up today. We had been in limbo for 3-4 weeks.

It has been a very long, difficult 4 weeks for me. Some of you may remember that my husband took a new job and we had to pack up and move very quickly, with the 3 little ones. I haven't been to Curves in a month, I didn't weigh-in and my eating habits got terrible with all the take-out. My mood suffered for it, and I feel terrible physically. My scale says I'm only up a few pounds, but it feels like 15 (seriously) because of the lack of exercise.

But I have a plan for getting back on track.

1. Good, Whole Foods
I just filled the house with healthy foods. I am meal planning each week and have set up one for this week.

2. Exercise
There's a Curves just a few minutes away. My apartment complex also has a fitness room, so I can add some cardio in addition to Curves. I've set my schedule so that I'll work out at Curves on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and want to do some sort of cardio Tuesday and/or Thursday. On Saturday or Sunday, we do a family hike.

3. Scheduling
As I mentioned before, planning meals and putting exercise on the calendar. More importantly, I'm scheduling it with my husband. His new work schedule is less flexible, but more predictable. We have a set "appointment" for him to be home from 5:30-6:30 so I can work out. My meal plans have taken into account this, and on those days I work out at Curves, we have a easy meal that I can prepare during the day. I'm also a big procrastinator, and this makes all aspects of my life more difficult. With scheduling everything, I am more focused and get things done more efficiently.

4. Tracking
I'll be posting on FitDay and 3FC again to keep me honest.

5. Self-Care
With all the moving around and reshuffling, I was not able to care for myself the way I had been. Some days I chose to sleep instead of shower, because I was so exhausted from packing. I didn't have my nice lotions and soaps for use after a shower. I was wearing the same few outfits because everything was packed up, and those outfits were "working" ones and not nice looking. All my jewelry was packed up. This makes a big difference for me.

6. Accountability
This is the big one. I realize that my back-sliding is MY FAULT. I know I made some less than ideal choices, and I knew it at the time too. But I also know that I can and will easily get back on track, because I've done it before. I have still lost 25 pounds, and I know I will do it again.

I'll post again tonight with my numbers for today. If anyone is interested, my little babies are now sitting independently and are close to crawling. My toddler is doing better, she has been struggling along with my husband and me with the uphevel. I hope to check out your numbers, too!

cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote