Old 07-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #76  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon Everyone! So glad that the work day is over....woohooo, let the weekend start!

AnneA- Thank you! I'm 5'3,short! LOL! I haven't decided if I wanted to stay at 140 or go further, though I will decide once I get there! LOL Oh yeah, I take what I can get, if the number changes, and stays for 3 days, I'll change it! LOL

Pita! We look forward to getting to know you!!! Good for you for making a lifestyle change.

Craftymommy- LOL I feel your pain...my brother got all the tall genes! He's stands at 5'8, not that tall, but taller than me. Good luck shopping for an outfit.

Jaceycat- Woohoo to you for not gaining, I think those are pretty nice as well. You felt like you were so sinful, but then you don't gain....

QueenJane- KUDOS to you for wearing the swimsuit, I wont even wear a tank top out in public, let alone a swim suit...to the pool or beach that is! LOL

TannyMc- Give it a couple more days, if nothing happens tweak it a bit.

Jcogs- The beginning is always hard, you're trying to squash your old habits, and adapting better ones. Hang in there....you won't regret it!

Well off to work out! Talk to you all later!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #77  
Counting Calories is fun!

S/C/G: 201/192/148

Height: 5' 8"

Jeanette that's great! Slow and steady is the way to go. But two pounds already this week? Awesome! I'm so glad you found the support you needed here. I feel the same way!

Hi Heather, welcome to the forum! I also eat about 1500 calories per day. So far, I've had no problem with being hungry (Well, maybe a little ) Try using one of the free or paid nutrional diaries. FitDay, NutriDiary, MyFoodDiary, CalorieKing all give you and idea of how much of each nutrient you need. Makes it a lot easier! And helps you stay healthy and on track.

Megan - I used the range I was given in my nutrional diary (CalorieKing) I feel satisifed and never too hungry and so far, it's working! Everyone's different though.

My husband is getting packed and ready to leave for New Orleans tomorrow. I won't be going with him this time and I'm fine with that. Too humid down there for a California native like me! But I WILL miss the incredible food!

Have a nice evening everyone...
AnneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:52 AM   #78  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I guess I can't post that one website....weird! lol
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #79  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

They do block some websites on here. Don't remember the exact reason though.

So how is everyone doing this hot weekend??? Garage sale is going very slow. Course Traffic is down too. Everyone must be out on the water. My mom came and picked up my kids. They are going swimming at my aunt's house. Which is good because after what I cam home to yesterday, they would have been spending all weekend up in there room if that wasn't already planned. One of them got into the nail polish, again, and stunk up the house plus put it in the toliet so I ended up with nail polish on my thigh. Then last night (after I woke up because I got a major headache from the smell of the nail polish) I went to open the window to air out the house some more, I find that one of my darlings cut out a a chunk of the screen about 1 inch wide and about 6 inches in length. Needless to say that my dh or I were not happy. My house already has terrible windows and that was the last one with a good screen. Well no more. I am so sick of them ruining my house and my things. Anyone know how I can get them to stop this??

Calorie wise yesterday and today have been decent so far not the greatest though. But I was 135 this morning so it's all good. I am going to have to buckle down this coming couple of weeks. My goal date is only 5 weeks away. Well back to watching tv...I mean tending to the garage sale.
Mary
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!
I used to come here a lot but then I went on vacation for a couple weeks. I lost weight on vacation (surprise!) and now i'm ready to start counting again.

I am just wondering- how many servings of fruits to YOU eat and how many servings of grains do you eat a day?

I am having trouble finding a healthy balance- its either zero or a ton
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I haven't been logging my food in the last couple days, but today I'm going back on plan! I meant to start yesterday, but I went deep sea fishing with some co-workers, so I was on a boat most of the day. Man, are my arms, shoulders, and back sore! Fishing really is a sport! I had fun though and I caught my limit of fish. Yay! We caught mostly rock fish (blue and vermilion.) One guy caught a ling cod, but it was 4" too small so he had to throw it back. The whole trip was paid for by our glass (wine bottles) vendor, so it was free too.

I also have some exciting news. DH was offered the job in Central Washington and he excepted it yesterday. So, we know where we are going (finally!) I'm really excited! I think this was the job we were both really wanting, so it was an easy decision to accept. This weekend I'm going to try and go through stuff and separate out what I want to throw away or donate. I plan on using moving as an excuse to pair down.

RockNroll~ Welcome back! It sounds like you had fun. To answer your question, I normally eat about 3 servings of fruit per day (sometimes more right now because everything is so ripe.) My amount of whole grains varies, but I'm pretty sure I have hole grains with each meal. I rarely eat processed grains unless we go out to eat. I love brown rice! Sometimes I find it harder to get veggie servings in because I normally gravitate towards fruit first.

to all the new girls!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes everyone!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello all
Well, I calculated everything today for the first time. I think I was around 1100 cal. or so-now I can't remember exactly. I ate light during the day and then splurged a bit at dinner. We had a going away dinner for my hubby because he is leaving tomorrow for 10 days. I calculated everthing at sparkspeople.com. I really am liking the site so far. I am still working at getting in the right amount of fat, fiber etc. I also worked out today for the first time in a long time. I did a 20 min. cadio and a 20 min. ab routine. It was my TurboJam dvds. I really liked them. I think that I will really be feeling it tomorrow. Ok-gotta get my boys in bed. Talk with yall later.
Heather
heath13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #83  
Back to make it to goal!

Heath- I do Turbo Jam too!! I love it!! It does definitely give you a work out!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #84  

Hello!

zenor - Congrats to your husband on the new job!

Today was actually good. I was going to splurge a bit because we went to a wedding. But I ate mostly salad, fruit, vege's, and half a cordon bleu chicken. Not too bad. Okay, I did have a little bit of wedding cheesecake (man that was good). All in all, not the splurge I was thinking - which is good of course. It was a lovely (and fast) wedding, and my husband was the officiant. It was a nice day.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
crafty mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #85  

Calories for today~ 1326
Fiber~ NOT Enough! (22 grams)

I'll post more tomorrow or Monday, this week wiped me out! Time to veg out.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone,
Well another day is here. My DH is now gone for 10 days. BOOHOO!!! He is so wonderful that I am going to be going out of my mind without him. Oh well, life as a Navy wife. I hope all of you are having a great Sunday. We are moving slow around here today. I had to take DH to work at 6am to drop off. I crashed when I got home. The boys stayed up really late too, so we all slept in way too long. I have a lot of cleaning to do today becaue we are having company come through tonight. They are very close friends of the family. I am glad they are going to be here the next couple of nights. It makes time with DH smoother. Well, off to housework-oh JOY!

Zenor-Congrats. to hubby on the new job. Most of my mom's side of the family lives in WA. I too lived in a tiny town growing up off I5 about an hour south of Olympia. It is gorgeous there, but I hate the rain. My sis lives in Pullman, and it is nicer there but more snow in the winter. My husband's side of the family is all from Oregon. We talk about moving back for the boys, but I think we all love the sun to much.

Tinky-I knew you did Turbojam. I started the thread about TJ on the exercise video site. You posted there. I love it but very sore today!

craftymommy-Way to go at the wedding! Keep it up.

Rocknroll-Weight loss on vacation-nice going. Hope to get to know you better. I don't have a set number of fruits/veggies that I eat because I am just starting and my goal is to just be wiser at food choices in general.

Almost There-I hope your garage sale picks up. As for kids, diferent things work for different families. I have a 3 yr. old and 6 yr. old-both boys. Today, we started a chart that listed things they have to do like shower, brush teeth, geting dressed to picking up their room, playroom etc. Everytime that they take care of one of these catagories w/o chaos they get a sticker. Also, if they are constantly fighting, not sharing or anything else two brothers do then they get an x. If they get 5 xs then they get a time out. I am just starting today so I will let you know how it goes. They were very excited this morning to get showered etc. so they could pick out stickers. The will also get something after a certain number of stickers, but not sure how many yet. This is to make things easier for me while hubby is away. I am sure you could put a multiple twists on this idea. Good luck.

Ok-to everyone else have a great day.
Heather
heath13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #87  
Back to make it to goal!

How's everyone's Sunday going? Well I just got home from grocery shopping, we were seriously low on supplies at home. I almost had to break into the boy's junk drawers. LOL!

Heather-Forgive me it totally just went over my head! LOL I remember when I first started, oooh it burned all my muscles now I have a good sore to them, but if you do Turbo Sculpt it helps you out too!

Well I'm off to have my lunch, then walk my puggy out. See you later!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #88  

Cals for today~ 1604
Fiber~ 21 grams (still NOT enough. Ugh!)

My calories are high because I had a kitchen disaster that required a beer afterwards. Trust me, I needed it! Kitchen disasters are rare in my world, but when I screw something up I REALLY do it up good! Let's just say that salt-crusted fish isn't supposed to taste so salty that you can't eat it. Well, first of all, I couldn't get the crust off the fish... it took an ice pick and a cleaver... so dinner was chocolate cupcakes, beer, and a bit of somewhat edible fish. TOM is coming too. That might explain why I had such an explosive melt down. Ah well, it could have been a lot worse. Now that I look back on it, it's kind of funny.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

These weeks are going sooo fast!
I made chicken in the crockpot this week that was ...um ... less than savory? we ate it but it was nothing to write home about and I'll do something differently next time!
A round up for last week? Average 1530 cals/day and I'm at goal!
What next? I'm not sure. I think I'll try to stick with 15 or 1600 and see what happens.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #90  

WooHoo! Congratulations Susan!