Old 03-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #421  
rai

S/C/G: 193/178/140? -->size 6 or 8

Height: 5'7

Congrats DIVA on the race! You did great. Have you signed up for your next one yet? You should do one in Chicago and then we can run together.

Fiber One, hmmm what can I say about it? It's GREATTT dry. I like to eat it plain or with some dried cranberries in it. However, I like to eat my cereal with milk and Fiber One does not taste that great in milk. However, I have found a solution: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 Cup Kashi Go Lean, 5 oz soymilk and some splenda (I also like to add some more dried cranberries).

Oh, guess what!!!??? I have one the challenge with my husband. For those of you that don't remember, my husband and I were having a challenge to see who can get down to 170 pounds first. Well, I WON!!! Today (Monday is our official weigh in day) I weighed in at 168.5 and he was at 177. My prize is that he has to cook dinner for 2 weeks and wear a T-Shirt that says "I'm a big fat loser".

Now my next goal is to get to 155 pounds by May 14.

Last edited by rai; 03-19-2007 at 01:15 PM.
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #422  
rai

S/C/G: 193/178/140? -->size 6 or 8

Height: 5'7

Bobbo, why does the potatoes (for the cajun fries) have to be soaked in water?
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Those are some good cookies. I started buying premeasured cookie packs because I can't eat just a serving sizes out of a box, I want the it all. For some reason when its measured and I know how much I get for the calories, I can control myself.

Allison, I am glad you had a wonderful birthday. Sounds like a good idea, they say one glass of wine a night is good for the blood. Wine burns my throat and make my ears feel like they are on fire so I don't drink it. My boss said I am missing some enzyme or something, common mainly in Asian Pacificers, that causes this reaction to my system. I thought it was my imagination until he told me that.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 PM   #424  

Go Rai, GO Rai
Old 03-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #425  

I so look up to those of you who can jog/run. I have a bad hip from a horseback ridding accident and when ever I jog I end up in pain the next day or sooner. So I just speed walk and thats fine with me.

I am finding calorie counting a lot of fun. Today for lunch I had a big salad with lots of veggies, slivered turkey and vinegar dressing (no oil). For dessert, because the salad was low cal, I had a banana dipped in SF pudding. All this goodness for less than 300 calories. I am full, satisfied and happy.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #426  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Quote:
Bobbo, why does the potatoes (for the cajun fries) have to be soaked in water?
Rai...........I don't have a clue but I caught a Martha Steward show making french fries and she soaks them in cold water with ice cubes prior to making them too.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hello, Just wanted to give you all hugs

Sometimes all we need is a hug and a word of wisdom .
I feel better today.

I walked 1 mile, and will go to Curves in 1 hr.

Just have to forget the scale for a few weeks. I know I am eating correctly. And working out dailey. Thats the most I can do.

Theresa
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Rai...........I don't have a clue but I caught a Martha Steward show making french fries and she soaks them in cold water with ice cubes prior to making them too.
Part of this is to remove the surface starch from the potatoes-in a lot of fries recipes, this affects the batter/coating/spices/crisping in the recipe for them.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Aphil,

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I do appreciate them. I have just been feeling blue. Working very hard and feeling like I am getting no where. I guess I need to give it all a little more time. Thanks...

Bobbi, prayers for you today. hope the test goes easy.

Diva, my goal for today... To be able to keep up with you in a year or two. You are an inspiration. Keep up the good job.

Lara,
painting...yuk! we are doing the living room floors this summer ( refinish) Yuk! oh well I will be happy when THAT'S done.

Girl scout cookies... I told the little girl I had no money . I did not even want them in my house. She just looked at me like I was crazy. yup thats me. I like the thin mints.

later

theresa

Last edited by littlered; 03-20-2007 at 08:42 AM.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #430  

I just went to FitDay and registered, its fun. For those who use it, how accurate do you feel it is for the activity part? I put in my typical day of activity and they estimate that I use close to 3000 calories a day.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #431  

Theresa, thin mints are my favs and hard to say no to. The last time we had them in the house, I ate a row at a time. Yep, now how did I gain again? HEHEHEHE! I have a problem stopping once I get start on something. So, I usually don't even start because one taste sets me into a bing. I am getting better about it now. I have learned to savor foods.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Thin mints are also my downfall-and mint chip ice cream, grasshopper cookies, Andes mints, and anything else mint/dark chocolate. The combination is evil.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Lara~the consensus with most of us is that fitday isn't the best in the activity area. Food area, yes, activity, no--it needs manual tweaking. But it is better than nothing!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #434  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Wow, this is a long thread! I hope you all don't mind if I just jump in. I just had my third baby last week, and started my Fitday entries two days ago, as well as sloooooow walks around the block. And tonight I am headed to a TOPS meeting. I've never tried TOPS, so we'll see if its anything I'm interested in continuing.

A little background...

I am a medium build person, who is normally not heavy (except a little mom fluff). But, every time I get pregnant I balloon up 80 pounds. But, then I get on the ball and lose it. So here I am, once again, saying hello to 200 pounds (at 5'3"), and ready to head back down. I was actually 230 before the baby delivered, but lost 30 pounds of baby and water the first week.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #435  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
Wow, this is a long thread! I hope you all don't mind if I just jump in. I just had my third baby last week, and started my Fitday entries two days ago, as well as sloooooow walks around the block. And tonight I am headed to a TOPS meeting. I've never tried TOPS, so we'll see if its anything I'm interested in continuing.

A little background...

I am a medium build person, who is normally not heavy (except a little mom fluff). But, every time I get pregnant I balloon up 80 pounds. But, then I get on the ball and lose it. So here I am, once again, saying hello to 200 pounds (at 5'3"), and ready to head back down. I was actually 230 before the baby delivered, but lost 30 pounds of baby and water the first week.
Congratulations on the baby!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote