Old 03-22-2007, 02:16 PM   #526  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

hey all,

I have a question to ask all of you... What is the best, most accurate scale.
I need to buy one soon. mine is off by tons. I need more accuracy than that !
really, it is off by anywhere from 4-10 pounds. according to where one stands on the darn thing.

Zoe,
Good luck, you can do it! It has only taken me 21 yrs. to try to loose my baby fat.

Diva,
come back!

Lara,
Thanks for the WHOHOO!
I am doing this for me.

But I also have to be a good example for my dd. She and I are doing this together.
SHE has lost almost 3 pounds. Doing nothing but Curves, and eating the healthy food I cook. Glad she has. but seems like I am working so much more.
Oh well, thats what happens when you are almost 50, not 21.

Today is dd first time to get on my treadmill! so it seems to have given her some incentive!
So far I have 1 mile today. Curves maybe later?

Theresa.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #527  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarimi View Post
boy do I have to learn the lingo here! I thought WW was weight watchers!
delarimi-

In 95% of the forum, WW DOES mean Weight Watchers. However, every now and then it is just a shorthand for whole wheat.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #528  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Here's a link to the La Tortilla place--you can search for stores that carry them:

http://www.latortillafactory.com/jad...tewelcome/Home

WW stands for Weight Watchers
ww stands for whole wheat

We all get confused from time to time!!! It took me forever to understand what DH, DD and DS was!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #529  

I bought a doctor's scale many years ago (the same kind that you stand on in a doctor's office). It was a little pricey but I am a nut job when it comes to precise weight, so this tells me 1/4 pound increments with no guess work and sometimes that is all I'll need is a 1/4 weight loss. I have had this for at least 14 or 15 years and it is still working perfectly. I got it at Service Master but they have since got out of business, but I am sure there are many places that carry them. If you think about how many scales a person goes through in 15+ years it is sure worth it
delarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #530  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

HAND IS UP! I have a question for the apple shaped pros.

I am an apple, no not the kind you can eat unless you are lypo suction machine and then I would gladly let you take a bite (HEHEHE). I have been reading and they say apple shape people should watch the amount and type of carbs they consume because we are carb sensitive. I do try and make sure all my carbs are good carbs, ww, brown, that type thing but should I be limiting them also a certain % or total carbs for the day? I know everyone will view it differently but I am open to all suggestions. Deep inside I think I need to limit even the good carbs but I just like to get other peoples point of view.

Last edited by GrammyL; 03-22-2007 at 04:26 PM.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:25 PM   #531  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Allison~ That is so funny that you mentioned the ww tortilla with the pb and banana. That's what I packed for my lunch today (plus veggies.) I had never heard of anyone doing that, but it sounded good to me. Now I find out everyone does it. LOL!

I love the La Tortilla Factory Tortillas! Low calorie and high in fiber (8 grams for the little ones and 14 grams for the "burrito size.") Yum!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #532  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyL View Post
HAND IS UP! I have a question for the apple shaped pros.

I am an apple, no not the kind you can eat unless you are lypo suction machine and then I would gladly let you take a bite (HEHEHE). I have been reading and they say apple shape people should watch the amount and type of carbs they consume because we are carb sensitive. I do try and make sure all my carbs are good carbs, ww, brown, that type thing but should I be limiting them also a certain % or total carbs for the day? I know everyone will view it differently but I am open to all suggestions. Deep inside I think I need to limit even the good carbs but I just like to get other peoples point of view.
As far as I know-there is no truth to this.

I am an hourglass figure-I am *smallest* in my waistline area with larger hips/legs and bust, and I am extremely carb sensitive, because I am pre-diabetic, and gestational diabetic. (diabetic when pregnant) My aunt was also an hourglass figure type, and she was diabetic before she passed. I am pretty sure that diabetics, hypoglycemic people, and those with numerous other carb sensitivities come in all shapes, sizes, and body types-whether they be apples, pears, or hourglasses.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:42 PM   #533  

I found a place close to me and will try them.. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Here's a link to the La Tortilla place--you can search for stores that carry them:

http://www.latortillafactory.com/jad...tewelcome/Home

WW stands for Weight Watchers
ww stands for whole wheat

We all get confused from time to time!!! It took me forever to understand what DH, DD and DS was!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #534  

Default weight tracker

I found the place for the weight tracker and followed the steps, so now how do you get the weight tracker into this message?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #535  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
CoolMom-I recommend that you take your calories to 1800-1900 calories. If your baby is nursing exclusively (no cereal, formula, etc.) then your body is using about 500 calories a day making breastmilk. An 1800-1900 calorie level diet would equate to a woman not nursing eating 1300-1400 a day.

Do this for a few days, and let me know how you are feeling. A mother nursing exclusively should not eat below 1800 a day.
Yeah, I might have to make some adjustments. I came up with the 1700-1800, basically the same way. Normally, I can't lose an ounce if I eat over 1200 (sucky metabolism and poor activity), so I added the 500 to that number to get the 1700. I still kept my caloric intake the same yesterday, but felt much better after adding in some more fats.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #536  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarimi View Post
I found the place for the weight tracker and followed the steps, so now how do you get the weight tracker into this message?
After you create your tracker, you need to copy the "code" and then go to user CP and click on edit signature. In the box, paste the "code" and you should then see your tracker in your signature.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #537  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Wow!

I see that I'm going to have to be a lot more active to keep up with this group!! I've had a good eating week so far. I ate great on Monday, but Tuesday I had insomnia (didn't get to bed until 5:30 ) and ended up having a sensible snack in the middle of the night, which put me a little over for the day. Wednesday I did great again and today is shaping up well. I've been great with the exercising, too, and I haven't binged once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyk View Post
I have done calorie counting in the past. but when I missed a day of counting I just let myself go.
Just an idea -- maybe it would be better to at least estimate the calories you've eaten in the evening or next day if you miss a day. That way you stay in the habit of counting, even if you go over or miss a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
(I am editing this as well, to let Jman know that the figures are different/lower for males than they are for females.)
Thanks, Aphil! I remember you from the last couple of times I've gotten serious. You're always very helpful.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #538  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Hey Diva! I think you are quite a popular member of the thread so I do hope you'll keep posting. Very entertaining! You do need to do you..but you seem like maybe you're a bit hard on yourself goal wise sometimes so I just got concerned. At any rate, I'm looking forward to meeting up.

I just got one of those hand held fat % monitor thingies. I'll tell you guys that skinny DH was at 8%. LOL! Yup, that would be about right. He tried my elliptical and worried when he saw the calories burned number on the monitor, saying but he doesnt WANT to burn any calories. LOL Anyway, I'm too embarrassed to say what my fat % is. Will keep you girls posted as it comes down.

Finally having a better day calorie wise, but no energy to work out. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Last edited by Mami; 03-22-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #539  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

evening all. I hope all of you had an good day.

here is my numbers for today.

Total:
Cal: 1489
Fat: 21%
Carbs: 57%
Fiber: 50 gr
Protein: 22%

I tried the TILAPIA fish some of you mention, I did not like it as well as my dog did. I won't eat that one again. Yuk!

Instead I ate the left over-half of a pizza from last night. With beens and Pea pods, and with my Yam.

I walked 30 min. and went to Curves, 30 min.

sleep tight.
good night.

I am going to read a good book and go to bed.

Theresa
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #540  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

1648 cals today
no real exercise, just some shopping.

I bought some jeans, and am thinking I'll have to stick to the black knit pants until I lose more weight.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote