Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #541  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Haven't posted for quite a while. I see quite a few new faces on here, took me quite a while to catch up on the postings.
Went to a wedding shower last Sunday and tried to stay away from the desserts. I'm OK if I don't even try a bite.
No weight loss this week. Congrats to those who are doing so well on your activity and keeping within your calorie range.
WoodLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #542  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all - My day has been ok, but no exercise again. So that makes 5 days with only 2 days in there of exercise. A really pitiful week for me on that count. I work Thursdays from 7:30-7:30 -- there is a little break in there of an hour and a half when I can exercise, but today it just didn't happen. Argh... at least my food choices have been healthy and calories right on target. I just have got to get back in the groove of exercising!!!!

2 things ... the least significant first: I read back a few pages, which I always do if I have time, and I still couldn't figure out the banana wrap thing. Can someone spell the recipe out for me... is it a wrap, spread with pb, and a banana? I think I'm really sleepy because it's just not clicking with me, but whatever it is, I think I would like it.

Second thing... the conversation between Diva, Aphil, and Mami has me a little concerned. I commend all three of you for standing up and being very honest with your feelings -- Aphil and Mami with your concerns and Diva with your response. I think feelings are getting hurt, though, and I HATE THAT. Diva, you are valued on this site and on this thread. I don't think you should stop posting here, nor do I think Aphil meant for you to.

As tenuous as an internet relationship may be, I think we all feel like we have friends here. We come here at the end of the day to talk about our struggles and successes, share anecdotes of our lives, advice, encourage, and cheer each other (and sometimes kick each other's butts!). We express concerns or worries we have about health issues or even personal issues, but I guess it's a fine line between having those worries and expressing them. I can't speak for Aphil or Claudia, but I do think both of them spoke out of genuine care and concern. Maybe they just want an explanation. I don't think it's unreasonable for Aphil and Mami to express concern -- the 300 calorie day just sounds way low to most of us. I'm guessing many here are like me in that we can't fathom the concept of not getting our calories in (I wish!!). My husband though is type 1 diabetic, tall and thin, and he has days when he just doesn't want to eat. He drinks a little gatordade, has a smoothie (if I force him) and calls it a day. I'm struggling if I can have a snack every couple of hours. While I can't relate to the people who have very low days, Diva's calories did look fairly balanced once she laid them out for the week. Just the one very low day, mostly around a 1,000, and a couple over.

So, as a fairly objective poster here, I can understand the origins of the concerns, especially Aphil feeling responsible as moderator, but I also see that Diva is trying to do what works for Diva... eating in an extremely zigzagged fashion. I hope someone else can get on here and express themselves more eloquently than I have (I'm sooo sleepy), but I didn't want to ignore it and lose Diva all together. Anyone else get what I'm trying to say? Hope so, because I'm going to put this ramble out of its misery.

Please send visions of feathers and all things light to me tomorrow at weigh in. I'm not feeling too confident... we'll see.

Claire
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:44 PM   #543  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Claire
I don't think we could have said it better.

thanks for putting my feelings here.

theresa
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 PM   #544  

S/C/G: 167/145/125

Height: 5'4"

ditto claire and theresa....

calories for today: 1635

Woodlily: we're approx. the same weight now (you're a few pounds ahead of me!), have the same goal, both have not posted for awhile, and are both from minnesota...i feel like i'm reading a reflection
chloeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:44 AM   #545  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today: 1489

No exercise today, but I hope to be back into my walks next week.

Today was a much better day than yesterday and my stress level seems to be evening out. Thank goodness! Too many more days like that and I would have dove head first into a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

Walking~ I don't know how everyone else makes them, but this is what I do. I take a whole wheat La Tortilla Factory tortilla and I spread 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter on it. Then I slice up half of a banana and line up the slices, roll it up and eat. I took one for lunch today and I heated it in the microwave for 20 seconds. It may be simple, but it's sooooo good!

Good night everyone!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:14 AM   #546  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Just over 1600 cals for yesterday of the most horrible stuff. Orange juice! I haven't had orange juice in years. And full fat sour creme?? The inside of my head need some work folks.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #547  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

"Please send visions of feathers and all things light to me tomorrow at weigh in. I'm not feeling too confident... we'll see.

Claire"

and an to go with it. Is that close enough for you visions of feathers? Good luck. You are doing great already!

I Just got off the treadmill, I walked an ave. of 3 mph. for 22 min. and did 1.25 miles. My best to date. I will get back on later if time permits. family day!! get to see my granddaughter today.

I am off the Giant Eagle. to get MORE fruits and veggies... and maybe some beaf and potatoes for hubby
tacos sound good!

later ladies.

let the sunshine down on your hard work today.

Theresa
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 AM   #548  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone.

Walklingtolose, I agree with everything you said about the ongoing "conversation". But for me the real revalation in your post, is that we can now call you something else. I see you put Claire into your signature. So can we call you that? It's a lot easier then Walkingtolose . I am sending you good Mr. Scale vibes. Good luck.

And DIVA please stick around. You are such a valuable member of this team.

Theresa, I'm sorry you didn't like the tilapia. Did you spice it up well?

Zenor, that banana wrap sounds mmm, mmm GOOD.

Mami, so you got of those hand held thingamajigs? Cool. I can't believe you won't tell us your body fat%. But of course, that's your choice. Even more unbelivable is that you think it's that bad. I think you're exagerating. You and your brand new elliptical. (I'm so jealous). Let me ask you. Did it take time til you got used to it. How long were you able to go right away. And did it make you dizzy at first? That's what I hear.

Susan, today will be a better day. Sour cream is just about my least favorite food. ICE cream - that's the cream that I like.

Thursday's calories - my usual boring 1200.

Have a great Friday ladies. And a stupendous and healthy weekend.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #549  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
While I can't relate to the people who have very low days, Diva's calories did look fairly balanced once she laid them out for the week. Just the one very low day, mostly around a 1,000, and a couple over.

So, as a fairly objective poster here, I can understand the origins of the concerns, especially Aphil feeling responsible as moderator, but I also see that Diva is trying to do what works for Diva... eating in an extremely zigzagged fashion.

Claire
I want to point out that I did not say what I did lightly. I have stated before, that zig zagging calories is one thing-that is where someone who wants to average 1400 a day, might eat 1200 one day, and 1600 the next. Zig zagging calories does not mean eating 1700 calories two days in a row, and eating 400 the next day with overexercising-so that you average out at 1200 at the end of the week.

You are correct, about Diva's calories for the week. They average out to 1121 over the last week. That is STILL under 1200 calories, which is a bit on the low side. However, if you go back further, the week before the calories averaged out at 890. The week before that they average 824. The two weeks before that, they both averaged out at 1019. There are lots of of instances where there may be a higher day of 1700ish...with low days that week of 300-700 calories afterwards paired with overexercise-to "make up" for it.

It is something that I do not recommend, and I can no longer sit silent about it, because it is affecting others in the community.

I hope everyone understands.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #550  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls & our gentleman friend!

I was lost yesterday with no computer, makes me wonder how I'd do stranded on a deserted island.

Wednesday's Journal:
Exercised at Fitness center
Calories...1,222
Fat... 21%
Fiber... 59 grams
I kept track of all my fiber to see what foods other than Fiber One and Flat Outs had the most in my diet.

Fiber One~14g
Flat Out~9g
2 slices low cal bread~4g
Tomato/Spinach soup~4g (8oz.)
3 Bean Salad~4g (4oz)
lettuce/Fruited Jell-0/rice & onion~1g
The Flat Out probably is my better choice for sandwiches instead of the bread.
Flat Out 90 calories ~ versus 80 calories in bread but F.Out has twice the fiber.

Thursday's menu:
Calories...907 (Ooooops!) Low calorie supper is to blame.
Fat...20%
Fiber...49 grams
Fiber One ~ Egg whites scrambled with turkey breast ~ 2 slices of toast
Lunch: Not much, I was pacing the floor waiting for the internet tech to come over. He didn't get here until late afternoon, totally messed my whole day up waiting for him. I had Jell-0 cubes/cream cheese dessert sprinkled with F. One and FF/SF Cool whip and a bag of dehydrated "Fruit Ripples"
Supper: Large Arugala salad with mixed vegetables ~ Albacore Tuna ~ Balsamic Vinegar/Olive Oil dressing.
Snacks: Fruited Jell-0 ~ Popcorn ~ FF Milk

Zenor... You're right about the Stevia, it tends to be bitter when sprinkled on food. I can't tell the difference when mixed with liquids like Ice Tea, etc. You'd fit right in on the Calories Counting Geeks thread, I started one a couple of months ago just for a laugh and so many people posted the geeky things they do.
Theresa...I remember my mom chopping the heads off chickens too, what a sight that was. It's amazing how long they can run around, hence the saying "running around like a chicken with it's head cut off" I never thought anything of it as a child but now I won't care to watch. I think it's cruel, we took ours to a butcher so I didn't have to watch.
Claire... Thanks for your comments about DH, he is a cutie. Everyone at his office used to call him Sam because he looks like Sam Elliot the actor. Kind of hard to tell that in the picture, it's too far away.
Delarimi
Walking2lose... Thanks, I make my print larger too but mostly for myself. It's so weird that I don't wear glasses, I see distance, T.V. , cooking etc. without them. But I need them for reading only, you'd think it would be the other way around.
Quote:
By the way I make the type bigger for those that have a hard time reading the smaller print.

Lara

I was thinking of our friend Diva yesterday and got very frustrated that I couldn't voice my opinion. I certainly don't need to now, you covered all bases perfectly.

Diva... I hope you see how much you're loved!

DH wants to get ready early for our trip into town for errands and Fitness, see ya!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-23-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #551  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Just popping in for a few minutes before work....

Claire~I don't go to the trouble of slicing my banana. I spread the 1 T of PB on the ww tortilla, pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds and then put the whole banana in there and wrap it up. Bananas are curved, so it usually breaks in half when you wrap it.

Diva~we hope you haven't left us.

Bobbi~I got my Fiber One cereal last night. Now I can't decide on a banana wrap for breakfast or a bowl of Fiber One.....decisions!!!

Everyone have a great day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #552  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I have to say it, happy dance, I release another pound and what I didn't realize is I am down 4 lbs since this time last month. Even though I feel like I am not going any where fast, that is 1 lb a week. At this rate it is going to take a while but at least I am not fluctuating other than water weight gain during TOM. Just one more pound and I get my 5 lb avi. Maybe by the end of next week. WHOHOO! Slow but steady.

Aphil ~ Thank you so much for the response. I was diagnosed with prediabetes two years ago, diabetes last year but I have it under control with exercise and diet. So, I am probably like you just ever sensitive to carbs and need to make sure they are good carbs that I am eating. I would so like to have an hour glass figure but I am sure I will be one of those that narrows in the hips just enough to not be straight up and down.

Bobbi ~ I so missed you yesterday. I love reading your posts and seeing how you keep your calories within reason. You are so wise. Is the tomato/spinach soup you mention something you make? I get a little chuckle about your evening snack of popcorn and FF milk. When I was growing up that is what we had every night when we watch TV. Rarely did we not have it. Now my parents can’t have it because of their diabetes, makes both their blood sugar soar but I think its because they don’t limit the amount they have when they do eat it. One of those Tupperware bowls, the big kind for taking to family gatherings, isn’t a serving. I know they don’t eat it all but close. So, they just don’t have it anymore.

Diva ~ Hope you stick around and like Bobbi said, I hope you see how much you are cared about.

Well DH might get to come home tomorrow if the big guys approve next week off. It is time because all the men are getting cranky. I know DH is very cranky anyway and he said the others keep saying they are ready to come home.

DH paid a laundry mat to do his laundry. Now, everything is falling apart. He said every time he goes to put his socks on the tops of them rip off, his long johns are ripping apart, good thing I bought more on clearance, he said everything is stiff. I think they put them in to hot of a dryer for to long. He is not real happy about it. I told him take the things back and he won't. His choice.

YDD and I bought two parakeets yesterday. We had to buy everything because I haven't had a bird since I my ODD. I bought a white bird with black/gray fringes and a light purple tummy and ODD's is white, black and gray fringe with little blue around the neck. Have to make sure my Rat Terrier is locked up because he was breed for hunting and he was stalking the cage and licking his chops (literally) and had those eyes that said, "Just turn your back Mom". I remembered after I bought the birds that he caught a wild bird last year and I made him let it go. He stopped after a while but I am sure he would still like to get them. So I made sure the dogs were locked out of the living room.

DGS was sick again last night. This flu is really kicking his little rear and he can't afford it. I have him tonight and hopefully he will be OK. I almost don't want to take him but at the same time I miss him and I know he misses Grams and wants to come out. ARG! I may pump up the air mattress and sleep in the living room with him just so if he does get sick its not all over my bed again. I have a king size bed and the comforter doesn't fit in my washer, its a pain.

So, off to do some work and will check back.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #553  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Lara-the grass is always greener, huh? You envy the hourglass figure, but when I am teaching class, I always envy the great, muscular legs that the apple figure types usually have.
One of my students has the most gorgeous legs-she has a nice tan skin tone, and her calves are to die for! Very muscular, with nice ankles. If I had her legs I would wear shorts and high heels just to go collect the mail.
The apples want the waistline of the hourglasses and pears, so they can "tuck and wear belts" and we want the great legs of the apples, so we can look great in shorts.

Oh-editing this to tell you congrats on being 4 pounds down this past month!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #554  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the congrats Aphil. Here I felt as if I wasn't going anywhere and then to see I am losing a pound a week, I am happy because one of my goals this year is to lose a pound a week. On my previous program I wasn't doing that because I was yo-yoing so bad. Since I started counting calories, except when TOM hit and water weight gain, it has been a steady down ward. Funny how you can forget where you were a month ago until you look.

I must admit I do have very muscular legs and do where shorts all summer long to show them off. I don't even have to do anything other than walking to build them up. One trait I received for my Dad is a little work goes a long ways on building muscle. My family builds muscle very easily and that has its good points and bad. My brother works construction, doesn't life weights, and looks like a muscle builder. Sounds great, well not when just work makes you so muscle bound that it causes back problems. I had never heard of such a thing but my brother has so much muscle in his upper body that it is causing him problems.

Like I said I do like to show off my legs but now I have to be careful at my parents. Now, either you hate them or love them, I have a second tattoo which can't be covered by socks so I will have to hid my legs a little more often. They can't do anything about it at work, nor do they care but I do have to hid them from my Dad or I will have to listen to him go ON and ON about it. My first tattoo can be hidden with a taller sock, this one can't. I think its beautiful and its a symbol of my love for my grandson. No, I won't get one for each grandchild but will probably add their names to form a circle around the drangon. Who knows, I may only end up with a couple because ODD has a uterus condition now that may make pregnancies high risk and painful and YDD keeps saying she doesn't want any, yah right.

OK I babbled enough. I better get going.

Last edited by GrammyL; 03-23-2007 at 11:35 AM.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #555  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Lara~too funny about your dog! My dogs have discovered (of all things) peanut butter. I use it to stuff their Kong dog toy (I fill the toy with these little liver snaps--kind of like kibble and then pack the hole up with peanut butter). I send them outside for these treats and they just love them! Anyway, the past couple of days, I've been putting PB on my tortilla and wrapping a banana up in it. Boy, they go crazy thinking I'm making them a treat!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote