Old 03-23-2007, 04:56 PM   #571  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Rockinrobin,
Yeh, I did my usuall seasoning on the fish. But, Yuk! DD did not like either. is ok. everyone has different taste buds.

Bobbo,
glad to see you back.
how were those fruit ripples? sounds interesting.

Lara, hope your dgs feels better soon! sending him an and a prayer.
I am an apple too. My nice legs... are soooo white,
I have been told to put them away! Thats what happens to some of us real redheads.
Oh, I like the banana wraps too. mmmm

Delarimi,
Yeh. fish was frozen. like you said, tasted way to fishy. I will have to see if I can find it fresh. I baked it like I do most of my fish.
I like them pretty plain. with a little Mrs. Dash. in a foil wrap. It works good on most fish.

Tatoos.... can you see that on my milk white legs? I always wanted one... thought it would look gooffy.

littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #572  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello All,
I've been reading here about how much the dogs love peanut butter! I have a GREAT recipe for Dog Cookies that both of my poms just love! I thought that I would share it. I mean we are all trying to eat better ---

Dog Cookies

2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 TBS. baking powder
1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk
I also add a couple tablespoons of bacon bits!

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease (I use Pam) cookie sheets. Stir together the flour and baking powder, set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter and milk. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutter. (I use dog bones and hearts) Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

Both Ginger and Sissy love these!! Enjoy! Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #573  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all --

Thanks to all who sent me "light" thoughts for weigh in. I hate to say, I'm up one lb. Argh... only one more week of biggest loser at work, so that wasn't what I wanted to see. I think being a little bit PMS didn't help. Dang it.

Anyway, no time to read or post now -- I'm catching up with a friend over sushi. I'll post more tomorrow.

Happy Friday and weekend to all!

Claire
(yes, Robin, please call me Claire )
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #574  

I'll share a trick about fish that I learned from my dad... I always buy more fish than I need and freeze the rest (not the trick)... you put the fish in a tupperware type container and cover it with water and freeze it in the water. It "preserves" the freshness somehow. Make sure it is totally covered.. any ends sticking out of the water will get freezer burn. then I just defrost it on the counter. I know "they" say counter defrosting is a "no no" but I do it all the time. I periodically empty the defrosted water so that it does not sit in the water that has melted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
Rockinrobin,
Yeh, I did my usuall seasoning on the fish. But, Yuk! DD did not like either. is ok. everyone has different taste buds.

Bobbo,
glad to see you back.
how were those fruit ripples? sounds interesting.

Lara, hope your dgs feels better soon! sending him an and a prayer.
I am an apple too. My nice legs... are soooo white,
I have been told to put them away! Thats what happens to some of us real redheads.
Oh, I like the banana wraps too. mmmm

Delarimi,
Yeh. fish was frozen. like you said, tasted way to fishy. I will have to see if I can find it fresh. I baked it like I do most of my fish.
I like them pretty plain. with a little Mrs. Dash. in a foil wrap. It works good on most fish.

Tatoos.... can you see that on my milk white legs? I always wanted one... thought it would look gooffy.

delarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #575  

Default ps talapia

a very simple, but great, recipe for talapia. I put a small amount of olive oil in a glass baking dish. I put the fish in and then turn it so both sides have the oil on it (I'm talking not even lining the pan with oil.. as little as you can manage with) ok so both sides are oiled, so now you can measure this if you like I used flavored bread crumbs and sprinkle on top... then drizzle a tiny amount of oil on top of that.. bake 350 for 30 minutes (you don't need that long of a period of time, but I like it when it gets brown on top). I LOVE Vigo brand bread crumbs. You get them in Florida. When I go I stock up or progresso makes a good tasting brand. that and pan roasted asparagus (tsp of olive oil, kosher salt)roll asparagus all around. bake for about 15 minutes til tender.. and then a sweet potato... heaven for dieters

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarimi View Post
I'll share a trick about fish that I learned from my dad... I always buy more fish than I need and freeze the rest (not the trick)... you put the fish in a tupperware type container and cover it with water and freeze it in the water. It "preserves" the freshness somehow. Make sure it is totally covered.. any ends sticking out of the water will get freezer burn. then I just defrost it on the counter. I know "they" say counter defrosting is a "no no" but I do it all the time. I periodically empty the defrosted water so that it does not sit in the water that has melted.
delarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #576  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

littlered-

Flaunt that redheaded pale skin!!! I spent my teens and early twenties trying to get a tan, get highlights in my hair, and basically everything I could to fight it, but once I started "embracing" it, I found that I looked much, much better. Actually, tattoos look BEST on pale, white skin. The colors in them show up 100x better than on tan skin. Look in any tattoo magazine, and most of the models are milk white.
Wear emerald green, black, or rust/spice tones in your clothing, and wear dark nail polish. Dark nail polish looks fabulous on pale, pale skin. (While french manicures look wonderful on tan or dark skin tones.) I usually wear a dark, dark brown metallic, or a deep darkest red-burgandy color.
Make the best of what you've got naturally!!!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #577  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
littlered-

Flaunt that redheaded pale skin!!! I spent my teens and early twenties trying to get a tan, get highlights in my hair, and basically everything I could to fight it, but once I started "embracing" it, I found that I looked much, much better. Actually, tattoos look BEST on pale, white skin. The colors in them show up 100x better than on tan skin. Look in any tattoo magazine, and most of the models are milk white.
Wear emerald green, black, or rust/spice tones in your clothing, and wear dark nail polish. Dark nail polish looks fabulous on pale, pale skin. (While french manicures look wonderful on tan or dark skin tones.) I usually wear a dark, dark brown metallic, or a deep darkest red-burgandy color.
Make the best of what you've got naturally!!!

Aphil,
Got to show off something!
hope to show off a curvy shape soon. No round is not the shape .

I do tend to where dark greens, dark burgandy, (close to red.)
Red is my new fav.color.
Growing Up I was NOT allowed to were anything in the red family. Never wore red till I was preg. 21 yrs ago. At the age of 28!!! Love it now.

As I age, My hair just keeps getting Lighter. LOTS OF pure white showing up. Plus its already got lots of blond in it.

Want to hear something funny?
When My hubby was a kid... he told his mom...
" I won't ever marry a red head and she can't be short or wear glassed either.!!! " Look at my pic in my profile. I am all 3!!
My mother inlaw told me this, years ago.

here is my list for today. busy day. was not as good.

Cal: 1334
Fat: 27%
Carbs: 52%
Fiber: 62
Protein: 21%

Theresa
Old 03-24-2007, 12:37 AM   #578  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today: 1573

Not too bad (although I'd prefer lower.) Tomorrow is the day I actually record my weight, so we'll see... With no exercise and a few high days I'm not keeping my hopes up, but as long as I haven't gained I think I'll be okay. Right?

Littlered~ Aphils right! Us pale girls need to flaunt our white legs not hide them! I may not be a redhead, but I'm sure I could rival you for who "glows" the brightest. She's also correct about the tats. Mine are several years old and look new. No fading at all. BTW, your new avatar is adorable!

Last edited by zenor77; 03-24-2007 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Forgot something
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:49 AM   #579  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Only 1340 cals today, which is crazy since I had two huge burritos for dinner. I'm not really hungry for more, but I did have a pretty lazy day with a long nap.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:59 AM   #580  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone.

Friday's calories, same old, some old - about 1200.

Have a great Saturday ladies, healthy and safe.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:57 AM   #581  

Zenor,

The avitor is my dgd. Jessie. 1st grandchild. Can't you tell, Her pic is EVERYWHERE.
She already has a thing for hats.
Oh, your calories is what I try to get.

Theresa
Old 03-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #582  

BATHROOM SCALES

Two youngsters were closely examining bathroom scales on display at the department store.

"Have you ever seen one of these before?" one asked.

"Yeah, my mom and dad have one," the other replied.

"What's it for?" asked the first boy.

"I don't know," the second boy answered. "I think you stand on it and it makes you mad."

Old 03-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #583  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Cute joke!!

Yesterday (friday) did very good...about 1250 calories. No workout though...my whole body hurt from gardening on Thursday (I ONLY GOT HALF DONE TOO!!! AHHHH) still a bit sore today. Kids are supposed to go fishing with grandpa and I may go out and finish the garden.....

I have 1 pair of shorts that fit me right now!! Its getting pretty hot out already and I need to find more soon.... I'm gonna tough it out a couple more weeks and maybe be able to buy them all in sz 10...right now I'm sort of between sizes...
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #584  

Morning.

I have a question for all of you.

What do you do or eat to BOOST your energy levels?

I have been trying to eat correctly and at least walk nearly every day.
I still seem to have NO energy!

Am I doing something wrong?

Theresa
Old 03-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #585  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies (and I believe we have a gent -- Jman, are you still out there??),

I have a few hours before I go to another baby shower. I had one last Saturday too. I have 3 friends due to have baby boys in the next month! VERY exciting, but I have a tendency to overdue it on shower food (dips, sweets, etc.). I am going to eat something healthy before I go and try to stick to the veggies mostly. Last week I did well at the shower, but then totally went hog wild at the St Patty's party I went to (combo of alcohol and food). Ugh. I'm glad I don't do that TOO often.

Let me jump in to the white legs conversation and say my legs do NOT look best pale white, but I agree that red heads do. BTW, I had dinner last night with one of my best pals who is a very pretty pale red head, and she had on a deep red shirt that looked great on her. I, on the other hand, was a very tow headed child with dark brown eyes. My hair is now dark blonde/lt. brown with some gray sprinkled in. I get it colored, but only about 2x a year because it's so expensive. And I will occasionally touch up the gray roots myself. Anyway, my pale legs look better with a little self tanner.... I use one of the brands that is more like a lotion (there are several brands for about $5), so there it's very gradual and natural looking with no streaking. I actually just bought some last week to get a little color for spring (I don't care in winter). I also don't have the naturally shapely legs like Lara, so a little color helps.

Lara, I also wanted to ask you about your home improvements - I think you were the one who mentioned doing some painting, etc. (it was a couple days ago, I'm sure). I am trying to get motivated to do some painting this spring. What all are you doing? I like hearing about other peoples' projects in the hope that it gets me inspired to do something to my house

Well, I'm going to read a bit here and then head out for a walk. Hubby has agreed to either bike with me or go to the gym after the shower (it's like pulling teeth to get him to exercise with me, so I'm happy).

Hope everyone has a great day... make healthy choices and get moving!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote