Old 03-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Birthday weekend report:

Although I didn't count any calories, I feel I did pretty good. Friday started with the usual for breakfast, 1/2 a sandwich (turkey and artichoke) with a southwest corn and bean salad. Dinner was Chilean sea bass with too much wine and creme brulee for dessert. Saturday breakfast was a very small continental bfast at my conference. I concentrated on fresh fruit but did have a tiny sweetroll with my coffee. Lunch was 2 small turkey and avacado on croissant sandwiches, fresh fruit and a small salad. Oh, and a brownie. Dinner was just appetizers at my party and I didn't over do any of those. I also kept the drinking to a minimum.
Today my in-laws are taking me for an early dinner, so I'll just be snacking this afternoon for "lunch". DH just went to get fast food for him and DS. DD and I had cereal late this afternoon and feel we can manage without the fast food (yeah for us!!).

My weight did climb back up to 141.5, but I'm sure it will be back to the 139 I saw Friday by mid-week. Those fluctuations don't phase me as long as the overall picture sees the downward trend (and that has been the case for the past 6 weeks--albeit SLOW downward trend!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Allison -- Happy Birthday! Your weekend food sounds incredibly tasty, even if a little high. It's to be expected --it's your birthday. Have fun at dinner!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #409  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Did an hour at the gym... I'm going to skip the exercise dvd. I did the best I could today with the gym. I actually got a little shaky, which I'm sure is a result of the lingering hangover... how embarrassing. Anyway, I did some damage control and will come in low for calories for today. I also have ziplocked 5 baggies of Fiber One to take to school to snack on. This will be my second week of doing that.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'd pay good money to add an extra day to this weekend... oh well... onward to Monday!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Happy birthday Allison!

I'm low for the second day in a row. I'm seriously just not hungry. A good mother would cook a decent meal for supper tomorrow wouldn't she? Salmon sounds good.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Hey kids,

Bobbi, your Cajun fries sound good but I'm not good with that spicy stuff. I'm going to try them anyway and just cut back on the spice. Maybe substitute garlic for the cajun.

I ran in the WIND and SNOW (flurries but it's STILL snow) and FREEZING COLD. I was so beat leaving here this morning but once I got to the race, I was pumped and ready to go.

This course is hills on top of hills and I just wanted to finish this in 55 minutes or less.

I'd eaten two bananas and six ounces of yogurt in the previous ten hours and was running on no sleep in 24+ hours. And smoking stupid cigarettes. Can you believe how stupid I am?

Even so, I did it in 43:19!

Yippee for me!

I came in DEAD LAST...

AGAIN...

Which means I am CONSISTENT!!!

I almost came in NOT dead last but the six-year-old kid got his second wind or something and flew right past me at the 2.5-mile mark. I wanted to kick his butt; however, by the time I finished, he was showered and napping.

It was fun, fun, fun! I was so psyched! Burned a bunch of calories and that ounce of Gatorade someone gave me on Mile 1 just FUELED my legs like you wouldn't believe.

Got home by 12:15, showered, and met my girlfriend for lunch at 1:30. Got home at 4:00, slept until 6:00, and now I'm back at work.

Miz Claudia, I am a computer systems analyst for Pfizer. What that means is that when a server goes awry on the global level (40,000 servers worldwide), I fix it or find someone who will.

What that means to the public is that your meds are safe.

I'll post my calories after I eat dinner, but wanted to read up on all of you and tell you about my adventures on concrete.

Robin, you sound good! Really good, strong, focused. And Susan, save me some salmon. God... that sounds so good right now!
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You did good Diva. I'm proud of you ... and your little competitor. Too funny!
Have a good dinner. The salmon will be ready tomorrow at about 5:30.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #413  

Calories for today were 1785 with 28% coming from fat.

1785 is unheard of for me. They put SWISS CHEESE in my grinder. Four slices! I didn't realize it until I was halfway through the thing. That alone was 426 calories. :-(

Average calories for the week are 964/day so I'm not going to let this get to me.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #414  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAbsoluteDiva View Post
Calories for today were 1785 with 28% coming from fat.

1785 is unheard of for me. They put SWISS CHEESE in my grinder. Four slices! I didn't realize it until I was halfway through the thing. That alone was 426 calories. :-(

Average calories for the week are 964/day so I'm not going to let this get to me.
Considering all the exercise you did and your hectic lifestyle you mentioned, I think it will be ok Congrats on the run!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

yesterdays tally.

Total:
Cal: 1544
Fat: 21%
Carbs: 56%
Fiber: 67
Protein: 24%

Walked 1 mile.

curves this afternoon, will do treadmill this morning.
I am depressed, still no movement on the scale at my house, will see what curves scale says.

What is your take on High protein diets vs. just reg healthy diets?

Curves diet That I start in a few weeks will either be high protein or High Carbs.

Have a sunny day.

Theresa
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:47 AM   #416  

I believe that we need adequate protein, especially if we are strength training to support our muscle-but I don't believe in low carb diets. Confusing huh? I believe that there are too many health benefits in whole grains, fruits, and veggies to limit them so much. Good carbs are different than processed/refined/sugary carbs.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #417  

I think that WHAT someone eats is actually more important than fat grams, protein grams, carbs, etc. That is where I put most of my focal point on. I tend to try and eat pretty clean (more whole foods and nutrient and antioxidant rich foods, etc.) rather than focus on carbs, fat grams, etc.

Two people can have the same amount of carbs at a meal-but one person's may have come from a fat free pudding, and the other persons may have come from antioxidant rich blueberrries or a pomegranate...or two people may have similar fat counts-but one persons fat may have come from bacon, and the others from more nutrient dense almonds. The same is true of protein, calories, etc.-so I try to focus more on WHAT am eating, rather than so much percentage of this or that.

I try to ask myself before I eat-what is this giving my body?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #418  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Aphil ~ That was some really sound advise about the calories and its exactly what I have been doing. I am going to stay around 1500 - 1700 calories a day to start with and see what happens for now. You can take every test under the sun and not know how many calories you really use a day as an individual. Right now I am losing at this count the 1 - 2 lbs recommended. This week more than that but I have been bloated and most was probably water weight. This week and next will be the true test to see if I am in the range I need to be.

Bobbi ~ Thanks for the recipe, I really enjoy all your posts and tips. We love FF's so I need to find a way to make them healthy. Sure hope its good news today.

Diva ~ You did fantastic. You are a winner no matter where you placed, you did it.

Yesterday I finished painting our ceilings, its all finished now. While we waited for the paint to dry to make sure we didn't need to do touch ups, we went horseback ridding for the first time this year. My horse, Smoke, was very well behaved. It wasn't easy for him because he wanted to run but he did his best to control himself. He had his neck arched, nose tucked, tail up but managed to stay in a slow, steady, smooth rack. He is a Tennessee Walking horse and they throw their feet out to the side when they walk which is called a rack, its a nice smooth ride. It was fun but I am sure I will feel it tomorrow in the ribs because of the rocking motion from side to side.

Well I better get going and get something done here at work. I have been putting things off that I just don't feel like doing right at the moment but its time to face them.

Calories Sunday: 1532
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #419  

Thanks, Grammy. I'm working on it.

But right now I'm working on getting some sleep. I think the shortbread Girl Scout cookies in the pantry are keeping me awake. I'm not a baked-goods fan, but those cookies are sooooo good with hot coffee.

Good night, ladies! I'll catch you later!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, Diva~don't get me started on GS Shortbread cookies!!! LOL, thankfully, when DD bought cookies, she didn't buy those! I have been known to eat half a box in a day (with coffee, of course!). WTG on the run!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a good weekend and didn't end up drinking as much as I could have (you know how St. Patrick's celebrations can end up!). I slept like a baby last night and I feel it is because I didn't have much wine yesterday. So my goal this week is to limit myself not to no alcohol, but to just one drink (cabernet) per night. It should be doable and it will really help with the overall calorie count.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote