Old 04-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #571  

Height: 5'7"

Thought I would stop by and say hello. I am actually going out in the yard to plant my squash plants and this morning I noticed my grape tomatoes have blooms. I love grape tomatoes and they really really produce alot of tomatoes. WE couldnt keep them all picked last year. My sister in law has no yard and she is doing the upside down tomatoes this year. She got baskets to grow them in. She said they just hang with tomatoes.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #572  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

I'm a little late, I need to get caught up in this thread! I was having problems with my internet. Comcast came and replaced all the big metal generator looking things in the ground of our sub-divison, so we're back up and running well!

* What do you prefer to be called? Dani
* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? I'm not following any specific diet or anything. I'm just eating right [good balance of everything, carbs, protein, water, fruits, veggies, ect] and exercising regularly.
* How can we help you achieve your goals? We're just starting and this forum has motivated me! People with the same goals, advice, talking, ect.
* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? A partner might be nice. I do need inspiration in the morning. I am definitely not a morning person, and am at my lowest of self esteem and motivation at that time.

Hey everyone! I'm Danielle, or Dani. I'm 21 [and a half, haha] & from Michigan. I've been married for 3.5 years to my Marine, Paul & we have a 3-year-old son, Kade. [And for that matter a 4-year-old pug, 5-year-old cat, 1.5-year-old albino corn snake, a 6-month-old corn snake, & some fish.] We just bought our first house in August, so I'm diving into gardening. It's going awesome so far. Besides that I'm into crafts, sports, reading, writing, psychology, forensics, teaching, learning, & lots of other stuff! I work full-time at a daycare & I start going back to college on Monday[part time]! I'm definitely going to need motivation between work, school, & home life!

My first task of this whole challenge was to cut out soda. Hi, I'm Danielle, and I'm a diet coke addict. It's been 4 days since my last drink. =D I'm pretty proud of that. I used to drink entirely too many diet cokes each day, thinking it was okay since it was calorie free, but really I'd rather have the calories than what is actually in diet soda. Anyhow, I'm making it through my first personal challenge, and can't wait to get going on here!

GO BLUE TEAM!!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #573  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Just stopping by to say Hi. I'm having an off day for some reason. I layed down in bed to read at 9am, and ended up sleeping until 12pm, lol. I'm so tired right now. I need to stop staying up until 3am reading, lol.

FYI: I'm gonna need a lot of support tomorrow. I cant say why just yet..but I'm just dreading tomorrow..I'll explain it all later.

Well..I'm gonna go get back to my grocery list. I only have 4 items on it, and non of them are food related, lol.
I should be online most of the day tomorrow

You get my message about my big letters? (its a page or two back)
Old 04-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #574  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I just lost my entire post!!

hopefulpinkangel...thanks for posting the MP3 link for C25K podcasts. I was only able to find them in itunes, and was having trouble downloading them from there. I will give this site a try.

Velveteen...you don't look anywhere close to 40!

Dani....nice to meet you! You have a very busy house! I also used to drink alot of pop...especially Coke. I am finally down to about 1 or 2 Diet Cokes a week. Good luck with your personal challenge!

I am off tomorrow for a scrapbooking weekend with some friends. If this thread is going to be as busy this weekend as it has been up until today, I am going to be spending some significant time reading when I get home!
Time to get some dinner ready for my crew. It's taco night...something easy because my DH is away, and it's just me and the kids! I am sticking with salad tonight, as I caved in and had McDonalds for lunch.
Have a great night everyone!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #575  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Oh fiddlesticks on me...

I wasn't yelling, just wanted to make it big so everyone could see. Sorry if I made you upset.

Forgive me? I'll send my puppy to give you kisses!
If you just give me your puppy, it'll make it all better?? LoL!! J/k..I'll just take another kitten instead. Dont tell my dh.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #576  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
I LOVE NASCAR !! My dh and I watch it togather every weekend. We went to the Texas Race about 4 years ago. Who is your fav. driver?

Paula
Hi Paula! Hubby and I are big Dale Jr fans, but I am also an in the closet Jimmie Johnson fan Don't tell anyone though
Old 04-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #577  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Just stopping by to say Hi. I'm having an off day for some reason. I layed down in bed to read at 9am, and ended up sleeping until 12pm, lol. I'm so tired right now. I need to stop staying up until 3am reading, lol.

FYI: I'm gonna need a lot of support tomorrow. I cant say why just yet..but I'm just dreading tomorrow..I'll explain it all later.

Well..I'm gonna go get back to my grocery list. I only have 4 items on it, and non of them are food related, lol.

We are here for you!

I'm on WW and I can eat turkey bacon . . . I say go for it!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #578  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I just tried doing the core ball dvd that I have..and it SUCKS!!! I need to find another one that is better. Oh well..at least I did 17 mins worth of warm up exercises, lol. And got to bounce on a ball
Old 04-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #579  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Nice to meet you Dani! Still haven't caught up on here! I'm such a slacker!

I'm doing ok. Could be better but I'm sure I will get more into the game as we progress. Hugs to everyone. Hope it's going well for each of you.

I'll try to come back soon!
Selina
Old 04-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #580  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

What is your Just Beachy Challenge goal?

Normally I try not to put a number as a goal, but this time I am thinking I will. So my goal weight is 165. My starting weight for this challenge is 180 so I think that is realistic. My size right now is a 14/16 and I would like it to be a 12/14 by the end of this challenge.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #581  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Mine is to see a difference in the mirror and in my endurance. It's always difficult for me to see my own success, and when I don't I get discouraged.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #582  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Good lord! I go get a haircut and things get crazy around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Reading chellez's post made me HUNGRY. This is a bad thing! LOL.
It made me never want to eat in a restaurant again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuz View Post
part of me is wondering if i'm ready, the other part is pretty confident it'll be no problem at all...
you will be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariarose View Post
I would love to grow some vegetables (or anything edible for that matter)! Does it require a yard? Does anyone know of anything that can be grown in a pot on a sunny balcony?
Google container gardening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I know I keep seeing infomercials for upside down hanging tomato plants.
MIL had some and they worked well.
Quote:
I'm writing out my grocery list right now..and I have a serious craving for bacon. Is turkey bacon okay to get?
Matter of opinion. Some of us would say that unless you can find nitrate/nitrite-free processed meat, it is not worth the cancer risk.

I may not get to run tonight. Grrrr.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #583  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post

Normally I try not to put a number as a goal, but this time I am thinking I will. So my goal weight is 165. My starting weight for this challenge is 180 so I think that is realistic. My size right now is a 14/16 and I would like it to be a 12/14 by the end of this challenge.
It's pretty exciting thinking about where we can be by the end of this challenge! Not that I want all this fun to be over, but I seriously CAN'T WAIT! I'm sure you will reach your goal!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-30-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #584  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
What is an ospray??
A really big bird. The first time I saw one was last year. Here we have 6 of them here on the mountain. They are super fishermen The first one I saw flew through my yard with something big in his claw.. he landed in a tree in along my driveway.. and chowed down on a trophy size rainbow trout! This fish would have made one of those guys on those fishing shows look good!

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAbou...de/Osprey.html
Old 04-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #585  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Yay more details on the exercise challenge are up! Go READ !