Old 04-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #496  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Does the blue team have a exercise challenge?? I know this was asked before, but I cant seem to find it..
See Here for Exercise Challenge

so many people asking over and over... kinda needed to be over sized...
Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #497  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
Just wanted to drop a line and say hi. Missed my workout becouse my new godchild was born so I was at the hospital enjoying the baby. But I will get back at it tonight. Have a good day !

Paula
Congratulations! What a lovely reason to miss a workout!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I just looked at my Maxine calendar for yesterday (when I was tearing it off to show today's Maxine cartoon) and laughed. Thought I would share it with you all:

Maxine is sitting at a computer with a mug in her hand and the caption says: "Shopping for clothes on the internet is great. You can wildly underestimate you size without facing an eye-rolling clerk."
I love it!

Quote:
Oh..and now that I'm offically 23, I'm basically old. Last night on the news, they did a story about how this place put up this sound machine or whatever to keep teenagers out. And they were like..if you're over 25, then you can't hear it, because as we get older, our hearing gets worse. Well..me & Fonzo are both under 25 (he's 24).. and we couldn't hear it!!!!!!!! OMG, I was so unhappy, lol. I probably blew out my hearing going to all those concerts when I was a teen. And Fonzo works around machines all day and doesn't always remember to wear his ear plugs, unless he's going up to the flight deck. This sucks..I'm too young to be so old, lol.

Oh ya..and my legs totally hurt from yesterday's workout!! But arms don't!! I think my arms got over all that from playing with the Wii, lol. Too cool!!

Anyhoo..I shall go roam the site for a little bit.
don't worry darling, you are not OLD yet. I'm almost 40 and I'm NOT OLD! So there! (But yeah, concerts will do it to you... that's when I feel old... I now wear earplugs when I go to shows. I feel like a real rebel when I don't have them in! )

If your legs hurt from your workout you must feel satisfied knowing you really worked it last night! WHOO HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Mine would say:

"So I can swing my whip with toned arms rather than flabby ones"

Now THERE'S a great saying!!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #498  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen
don't worry darling, you are not OLD yet. I'm almost 40 and I'm NOT OLD! So there!
40 is the new 20. Or so I keep telling myself since I turned 40 last year.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #499  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen View Post

don't worry darling, you are not OLD yet. I'm almost 40 and I'm NOT OLD! So there! (But yeah, concerts will do it to you... that's when I feel old... I now wear earplugs when I go to shows. I feel like a real rebel when I don't have them in! )

If your legs hurt from your workout you must feel satisfied knowing you really worked it last night! WHOO HOO!

You sooooo DO NOT even look 40. You look 20!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #500  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
SEE Velveteen! What did I tell you!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #501  
I was born this way hey!

LOL!! But its true. She must have really good genes!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #502  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

you guys ROCK! Thank you so much!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #503  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
See Here for Exercise Challenge

so many people asking over and over... kinda needed to be over sized...
haha, you're awesome. I think people just see the Black Team exercise challenge thread and wondered if the Blue Team would have our own as well So you can blame whoever started the Black Team exercise challenge for everyone bugging you

Last edited by jillybean720; 04-30-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #504  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am super busy today, so I don't have time to get caught up w/ everyone, but I hope you are all doing well.

I am on plan, so far today...(today will make day #5 in a row!). Plan for tonight is to go to the gym--legs/back--weights and cardio.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #505  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Great job! About how many people are in the clinic? Did they give a schedule to follow and will all the runs be with the group or do you do some by yourself?
There are about 20 people doing the 1/2 and I think 5 or so doing the full. The lecture and the first part of the runs are together with the fulls doing an extra loop.

The clinic instructor sends out an e-mail once a week with the weekly distances (this weeks runs are 4, 3, 3, 3, and 7). The lecture and clinic runs are on Tuesdays and there are group runs on Wednesdays and Sundays and the other runs you're supposed to do on your own. I'm not sure how many group runs I'll make it to since my son is in soccer on Wednesdays and I'm so not into running at 8:30 am on Sundays! I'll have to change that by race day, though, since it gets underway at 8 am.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #506  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
haha, you're awesome. I think people just see the Black Team exercise challenge thread and wondered if the Blue Team would have our own as well So you can blame whoever started the Black Team exercise challenge for everyone bugging you
Yea... I was wondering why they just didn't wait. I can't exactly do everything and cover all the bases at once ya know?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #507  
I was born this way hey!

Umm...I'm sorry that I didnt see it posted the first time. I was only asking.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #508  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Umm...I'm sorry that I didnt see it posted the first time. I was only asking.
You weren't the only one asking--like I said, we can all just blame the Black Team
Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #509  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
Hi everyone! I am super busy today, so I don't have time to get caught up w/ everyone, but I hope you are all doing well.

I am on plan, so far today...(today will make day #5 in a row!). Plan for tonight is to go to the gym--legs/back--weights and cardio.
WTG on being OP for five days in a row!!

Quote:
I have to agree. My jaw dropped when I read that you're turning 40!

So I hopped on the scale this morning even though it's not my official weigh in day and I'm down 1 lb from the weekend. Yeehaw! Now I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to get my run in today. It's snowing again and my son has his last Beavers meeting tonight. I don't want to miss it because it's his swim up to Cubs plus I can't leave the little one with my hubby since he's the leader and will actually have to be paying attention to the group and not the wacky 2-year-old running all over the place.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #510  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
There are about 20 people doing the 1/2 and I think 5 or so doing the full. The lecture and the first part of the runs are together with the fulls doing an extra loop.

The clinic instructor sends out an e-mail once a week with the weekly distances (this weeks runs are 4, 3, 3, 3, and 7). The lecture and clinic runs are on Tuesdays and there are group runs on Wednesdays and Sundays and the other runs you're supposed to do on your own. I'm not sure how many group runs I'll make it to since my son is in soccer on Wednesdays and I'm so not into running at 8:30 am on Sundays! I'll have to change that by race day, though, since it gets underway at 8 am.
Very cool! I've never done a running clinic and I've always wondered how they went. One of my regular running routes is constantly in use by a big "Team In Training" group, and it seem so nice that they have water stations set up for members during training runs. I have to tote my own water on my long runs, boo hoo!

When is your race?