Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #526  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Good LORD, woman, what a commute! I commute about an hour each way to work and home, but I don't have to take any highways (thank goodness!).

Also, you have a chinchilla? How's that work out for you? I only ask because we were thinking of getting either a chinchilla or a pair of sugar gliders (this was in our pre-puppy days), and we did a lot of research on both. Many sources said chinchillas were so delicate that you coudln't handle them very much and that they were very sensitive to their environment, that a change in temperature more than a couple degrees could actually stress them out to the point they could die! How has yours been to take care of, and how long have you had Chinny? Sorry for all the questions!
I only have to commute 3 days a week, and I have a hrbid that can use the HOV, so the commute takes about 45 minutes, which really isn't that bad.

As for Chinny, we have had him for over 3 years and other than him being an escape artist, we haven't had any trouble out of him. I did a great deal of research on them. We got ours from a breeder, not a pet store. They say to get them young. I will say that he isn't really big on being held, but loves to be scratched. We keep him in our basement, and he is very active in the evening.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #527  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
We will be stopping at Cracker Barrel for breakfast so anyone know of what I should try to eat there? I'm on WW, but I'm not sure of points for breakfast stuff there so I don't know what to eat.
DO NOT get a "meal" or anything called "Lumberjack". Order from the a la carte. You could get a single egg, whole wheat toastand they may have a fruit cup (ask if it is from a can..if yes, skip it). You could get oatmeal and fruit. Clearly, gravy is not an option.

No pancakes or waffles or french toast....all made with icky white flour and white sugar.

They may have cold cereal with skim milk.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #528  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Ok Blue Team I'm in need of a pep talk and/or advice!!! I'm heading to Richmond for a Nascar race and I need a pep talk to do well and stay OP when I'm there and some advice about what to take. We will be stopping at Cracker Barrel for breakfast so anyone know of what I should try to eat there? I'm on WW, but I'm not sure of points for breakfast stuff there so I don't know what to eat. Plus we tailgate the rest of the day so any ideas of some healthy things I could bring to grill and eat for snacks?
Cracker Barrel has their menu on their website, so you could start there to plan ahead what you might order

As for tailgating, I vote turkey burgers or veggie burgers, fat free (or low fat) hot dogs, maybe some turkey Italian sausage or keilbasa, cold cut sandwiches, soy crisps, whole grain rolls/buns/bread, and some fruit salad in a cooler on the side. Oh, and lots of water
Old 04-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #529  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Jennifer - DWLZ was a blessing when I did weight watchers. She has a good number of chain restaurants with points listed. Here's the link to Cracker Barrel: http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/crackerbarrel.html

My best advice, skip the food there and rent an audio book from the store. That's all I ever get at Cracker Barrel. Probably not practical for breakfast though.

Need some advice of my own. We have a family message board site with myfamily.com, but some of my extended family, quite frankly, are nuts. I'd like to host my own for my immediate family, does anyone know of any free sites that let you do that? It's only $30 a year with those folks, but free is always good. We'd want to be able to post pictures and leave messages, chat really isn't a requirement though.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #530  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
Josephine - Stop waiting for some guy to buy you those roses. Buy them yourself!
But, but, but they are so EXPENSIVE!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #531  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
DO NOT get a "meal" or anything called "Lumberjack". Order from the a la carte. You could get a single egg, whole wheat toastand they may have a fruit cup (ask if it is from a can..if yes, skip it). You could get oatmeal and fruit. Clearly, gravy is not an option.

No pancakes or waffles or french toast....all made with icky white flour and white sugar.

They may have cold cereal with skim milk.
Thanks onthetee those are some really great suggestions! I think I'm going to do just what you said and get just an egg and whole wheat toast with fruit (if it's not from a can )

Jillybean-great suggestions for tailgating food! I'm going to talk to my hubby and see which of those ideas he likes the most. Thanks!

Dixiedieter-Oh yes I am a DWLZ-aholic! The only thing is from what I saw there wasn't points listed for breakfast foods.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #532  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Ok Blue Team I'm in need of a pep talk and/or advice!!! I'm heading to Richmond for a Nascar race and I need a pep talk to do well and stay OP when I'm there and some advice about what to take. We will be stopping at Cracker Barrel for breakfast so anyone know of what I should try to eat there? I'm on WW, but I'm not sure of points for breakfast stuff there so I don't know what to eat. Plus we tailgate the rest of the day so any ideas of some healthy things I could bring to grill and eat for snacks? Any butt-kicking or whipping would be apprecitated because I want to do well for you guys as well as for myself!

Thanks!
Being that I've worked at a Cracker Barrel (in Hampton) I'm happy to help.

You will definately be safe with eggs, as long as you order them without cheese. They actually make their scrambled eggs out of a carton (like egg beaters which may contain some milk) but I'm thinking if you get scrambled eggs with no cheese you should be good with a protein (not to mention it will save you $0.40 )

Next up... you'll need carbs cause being that my parents are Nascar fans, I know its a long day at the track. So, you can gladly ask for 2 slices or whole wheat toast and they can do that for you. Make sure you tell them butter on the side. We had many complaints because prep would slather on a thing of butter on each slice and they weren't supposed to. As for jam or jellies, you can ask for sugar free jelly cause they know people are diabetic.

Ok so carbs, protein.... hmmm meat maybe?

Since breakfast is going to be early in the day for you and you'll be busy walking around at the race (hopefully!) you'll probably want a little meat for your meal. You can probably get away with 1 piece of turkey sausage (yes they have that!) but ask them to cook it with no oils or butter. If it comes out with a puddle or lots of shiny all over it... don't eat it cause they didn't listen to your request. (Granted its gonna be kind of shiny cause there is some fat in it but yea... you can be a good judge. )

Ok so I tried to do some research on Daily Plate just to give you an idea of your breakfast total. But because Cracker Barrel doesn't have nutritional info for menu items, that can't be done.

As far as your tailgating stuff... Are you preparing any food for the cook out? Your best bet is to volunteer to make a main dish (eg like a meat or cassarole... something hearty) and take it. That way YOU control the calories and nutritional content of your meal. It also helps that you do this because when you get there you'll be able to say you can eat something other than junk. If you're feeling up to it... take a main dish and a side. This should insure your success.

I don't know how tempting concessions are for you and I think you're allowed to bring some food into the track, but if not, sneak in low fat, low calorie snacks in your purse. Usually when they check your purse, they don't make you open all the hidden pockets. I know cause I've done it elsewhere with cameras. And worse comes to worse if you need a drink... ask for water... its usually free

Hope this helps!

Also and I'm adapting this whole thing from Anna since she's the of great ideas...

Eat like a in the morning (hence why I gave you all that stuff at CB in the morning), moderate in the middle and light in the evening...

I know those weren't her exact words but it was close!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #533  
budding cinephile

Oh.... and most importantly

STAY WITHIN YOUR POINTS / CALORIES!

PS: The fruit comes from a great big can so nix that idea...
Old 04-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #534  
Michelle the Vegan

Reading chellez's post made me HUNGRY. This is a bad thing! LOL.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #535  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Umm...I'm sorry that I didnt see it posted the first time. I was only asking.
Oh fiddlesticks on me...

I wasn't yelling, just wanted to make it big so everyone could see. Sorry if I made you upset.

Forgive me? I'll send my puppy to give you kisses!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #536  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Reading chellez's post made me HUNGRY. This is a bad thing! LOL.
Go eat some fiber rich yummys and drink water.... hunger will go away!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #537  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
But, but, but they are so EXPENSIVE!
But you are worth it!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #538  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Go eat some fiber rich yummys and drink water.... hunger will go away!
It's more of a response to all that sexy food talk. Someone says, "Potato" and I feel a hunger pang. I'm a freak like that.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #539  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

quickly popping in...

exercise done! 40 min on the elliptical/ 315 cals (watched Paul McKenna on my DVD while sweating like the dickens!)
Old 04-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #540  
Made of Starstuff

Nori - I'm glad things are looking up for your nephew!

Jill - The chinchilla I had as a kid (Nutmeg) wasn't really big on being held, but he liked being scratched and tolerated () us petting him. Though, the big thing about chinchillas is that owners must be very careful about heatstroke. They don't sweat. They don't deal with temps above 80 or high humidity very well, so they overheat quite quickly if not looked after.

Jennifer - Great advice given already. Just wanted to wish you luck!