Old 04-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #511  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Umm...I'm sorry that I didnt see it posted the first time. I was only asking.
Honey, she isn't yelling at you or anything, so don't fret for even a second!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #512  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Very cool! I've never done a running clinic and I've always wondered how they went. One of my regular running routes is constantly in use by a big "Team In Training" group, and it seem so nice that they have water stations set up for members during training runs. I have to tote my own water on my long runs, boo hoo!

When is your race?
It is kind of nice running with a group. We don't have water stations (yet?) but the group atmosphere is kind of nice and last night some of the girls in the lead even circled back to hang out with us in the back.

My race is on August 17. It'll be 6 years and 2 months after my first half!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #513  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I just got caught up on posts from yesterday, but I can't remember much of what I read, so I know I'll miss commenting on some things.

Chellez - Congrats on the car. I saw one of those yesterday and thought how cute.

Rhonda - I feel like a poser too. But I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a poser, I've just gotten bored, and that's allowing me to justify cheating on my food plan and not working out as much. Could this be happening to you?

I'm attaching a picture of my baby. I need a new picture, most of you have seen Tia before. Please forgive the red dress, I'm trying to find her a blue t-shirt, but I can't find one small enough for a price I'm willing to pay.

Josephine - Stop waiting for some guy to buy you those roses. Buy them yourself!

Lisa - I'm sorry you BIL isn't doing better. I can't wait to hear what Erica says about your weight loss though.

Kim - WTG on the running. We have a running club after hours near my work but I haven't joined in. Still too much social anxiety.

Velveteen - you really do look younger!

No more personals, I've lost my train of thought.

I mentioned that I was getting bored. I'm thinking of switching gyms again, maybe to one that offers some classes. I'm trying to work on my shyness. (Don't laugh, I'm shy IRL, really! It's just on here that I won't shut up.) I think that facing my fear head on will help me. Fitness classes are my worst nightmare. Is everyone else skinny and toned? What if I can't keep up? Is everyone watching me. Goldfish syndrome, I know.

I'm off to go look at hairstyles now. The other night I decided to try and trim my own hair. Bad idea. Very bad idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tia Christmas 2007 web.JPG (32.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #514  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Dee, thanks! and your baby is a beauty!!! (get her a BLUE dress, come on!)

I totally understand the fitness classes phobia. Really. If it weren't for my gym buddy, I wouldn't do it. It's been probably... 15 or 16 years since I did classes. I just feel so... I don't know... like I'm the biggest, unhealthiest, most uncoordinated person in the room. I still haven't gone to a class yet, but I made a commitment with my friend, and that's going to happen next wednesday. I'll let you know if I survive.

took me years to figure out how to trim my own bangs so I don't recommend it to people... it's probably not as bad as you think though
Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #515  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
We have a chinchilla, my son named him "Chinny" I know a really unique name, but he was only 5. We have had him for 3 years now.
Aww They are so cute, aren't they?! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do ^^
Old 04-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #516  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Just checking in! I had a great OP day yesterday with food and exercise. I walked for an hour with my fur baby. She is a 5 yr old boxer / heeler mix. DH usually takes her for her walks and he swears she doesn't do this to him, but I felt like I looked like a Marmaduke cartoon!! She chilled out after about 15 minutes thank goodness! It was a great day to walk though and I'm hoping to do it again this afternoon!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #517  
Made of Starstuff

Velveteen - If you're almost 40, I wish I looked almost 40 now!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #518  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Fae, you are too kind. Seriously. You guys don't see my wrinkles and it now takes two boxes of mega-black hair colour to get all my silver stuff.

(I hear my DF's voice in my head saying "This is the part where you say 'thank you'" I still don't take a compliment very well!)

Thanks a lot
Old 04-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #519  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
It was sooooooo hot in the bedroom last night that I started getting sick from the heat, and had to put the fan up higher. Then when I walked out of the room this morning, I was freezing cold. I'm wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants now, lol. Its much too early for me to be awake..I wanna go back to bed. But I cant. Eh, oh well.
I don't know where in WA you are, but here in SEA, it's been kinda "warm" at night for me also. Night before last I woke up to see that I'd stripped down to undies during the night and was still hot. Either that or I'm starting some hot flashes!! I'm not old enough (nearly 37) I don't think, so I'll just assume it is getting warmer! The sun is out and it's blue skies today.

My nephew was just discharged. He needed 3 blood transfusions and luckily they believe that it was only a virus that caused this - not a genetic condition like they thought at first. My sister is still in shock after being at the children's hospital for 2 days though. They were on the Hem/Onc floor and so obviously little Lucas was the "healthiest" child there. So sad what these kiddos with CA go through.

All the fur babies are ADORABLE! Almost cute enough to make me want to get one. I had to put my dog under a few years back due to illness and have never had a strong enough desire to replace him. I know my girls (3 & 4 years old) would LOVE to get a pet...
Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #520  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Dee - re: classes. No everyone is not watching you! They are busy watching THEMSELVES in the surround mirrors! Seriously! My next challenge to myself is to do a spinning class. Have you done those? They look intense! As intense as you want it to be I guess.

Last edited by Nori71; 04-30-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #521  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
They were on the Hem/Onc floor and so obviously little Lucas was the "healthiest" child there. So sad what these kiddos with CA go through.
I am with you. One of the hardest things about taking Meara to the doctor is seeing all the other neuro kids in the waiting room. Meara was running around pointing out her letters, chattering like a monkey, being a totally normal three year old. I want to make her stop because I don't want the other moms to feel bad, and my heart is breaking for them. I want to say, "I'm so sorry", and I am sorry for all they have gone through and will continue to go through. But I am not sorry that my daughter is healthy, happy and whole.

It very much throws my complaints about her climbing and being a Gazinta into perspective.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #522  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Dee - re: classes. No everyone is not watching you! They are busy watching THEMSELVES in the surround mirrors! Seriously! My next challenge to myself is to do a spinning class. Have you done those? They look intense! As intense as you want it to be I guess.
What? It's not all about me? Actually the spinning class is one reason I'm thinking of switching gyms. The new gym has spinning classes really early and at lunch. A co-worker used to go to those and swears they are fun. Don't know I believe that it's "fun" but it does look like a good workout.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #523  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
I've just gotten bored, and that's allowing me to justify cheating on my food plan and not working out as much. Could this be happening to you?
Yeah, it might be a touch of boredom. But, I can't let that keep me from doing this. From reading the maintenance threads, I know that my pattern of eating and exercising must continue for life it I want to maintain a big loss. Bored or not, I gotta do what I gotta do, right?

Have you looked at Build-A-Bear for some blue clothes for your baby? That's what my youngest DD uses to dress Hunny. Doesn't she look positively thrilled with the whole dress-up game?

027.jpg

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-30-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #524  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Good LORD, woman, what a commute! I commute about an hour each way to work and home, but I don't have to take any highways (thank goodness!).

Also, you have a chinchilla? How's that work out for you? I only ask because we were thinking of getting either a chinchilla or a pair of sugar gliders (this was in our pre-puppy days), and we did a lot of research on both. Many sources said chinchillas were so delicate that you coudln't handle them very much and that they were very sensitive to their environment, that a change in temperature more than a couple degrees could actually stress them out to the point they could die! How has yours been to take care of, and how long have you had Chinny? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #525  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Ok Blue Team I'm in need of a pep talk and/or advice!!! I'm heading to Richmond for a Nascar race and I need a pep talk to do well and stay OP when I'm there and some advice about what to take. We will be stopping at Cracker Barrel for breakfast so anyone know of what I should try to eat there? I'm on WW, but I'm not sure of points for breakfast stuff there so I don't know what to eat. Plus we tailgate the rest of the day so any ideas of some healthy things I could bring to grill and eat for snacks? Any butt-kicking or whipping would be apprecitated because I want to do well for you guys as well as for myself!

Thanks!