Old 05-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #631  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
Michelle - I just want to say thanks so much for all the work you are putting into this challenge. I imagine it is taking a lot of your time and effort and I just want to tell you that I really REALLY appreciate all you are doing.
Ditto that Michelle - your a sweetheart
Old 05-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #632  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Dora -

Ooohhhh, an Oregon gardener! I must pick your brain. I'm moving to Eugene this summer, and have no idea what the gardening season is like there. I've been gardening for years, but I think your season must be different. Please help!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:18 AM   #633  
Believing is Seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Amarie View Post
Dora -

Ooohhhh, an Oregon gardener! I must pick your brain. I'm moving to Eugene this summer, and have no idea what the gardening season is like there. I've been gardening for years, but I think your season must be different. Please help!
It's not all that different . . . except this year!!! I saw on the news that my area is 17 degrees cooler this year than last! Normally, there is no frost after April 20th or so and summers can be blistering during August. It's so cool you'll be coming to Oregon and Eugene is the "big city" for me (I live in Roseburg - and love it) Yes, it rains a lot, but the hills are sooooo green in spring. Look forward to talking to you more Amarie.

Dora(gone) to Oregon!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:17 AM   #634  
Believing is Seeing

Here's the veggie garden area

Old 05-01-2008, 02:22 AM   #635  
Believing is Seeing

Well . . . I made that 200 x 150 on photo bucket . . . sorry for the space hogging!!! Tips for better photo hosting please . . .

Dora
Old 05-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #636  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Default End Of The Days Suck

Im having trouble i start the day really well.. im positive making great choices and all in all happy .. and at the end of the day i seem to muff it up.. lol

Breakfast is good lunch is good.. and i spent a few day ignoring the snack monster in the afternoon but now 2 days in a row i have given in..
Yesterday it blew my cal budget( no excuse i was really stupid last night im not even telling you what i had after dinner i was feeling very down .. lets just say my cals yesterday ended up at before exercise 2999 becuase of this item)
and today its 4 pm and i have only 100 cals left for dinner.. i really suck at this lol..

I have done 75 minute walking this morning and a further 20 minutes this afternoon which i know means i could eat more and then a further 40 minute walk thisevening because my daughter was bragging to my son about the park she went to this morning but .. i find if i do eat back what i have burned i dont lose weight.. i could eat my 1800-1900 cals not excercise and i lose weight np .. but the minute i go over that exercise or not i either gain or dont loose ..

my cals atm are 1828 of my 1920 top limit .. ( i use calorie king) and document everything .. according to calories king im at 1191 cals after exercise.. .. but i dont think i should eat anything else.. because then i wont loose .. yesterday i was over so im really dont want to do it again..

The afternoon im always really hungry and tired.. and even a bit grumpy lol... I thought about making my little afternoon thing my dinner and maybe having a snack later... when i would usually have dinner .. but i dont think my hubby would like that much..

I try not to worry so much and just let it be but going over once i dont mind.. but twice...... hmmmm .. not good enough.. im starting to wonder if i should have joined this becuase i have no will power and feel like im just gonna be a weight on everyones shoulders..

Im happy every morning but i get bummed in the afternoon .. i miss my hubby and wish i could lose weight and be sexy for him when he comes home.. but this time im heavier then whenh he left.. and i feel like im getting nowhere.. and its all becuase i suck at this .. I thought joining the challenge would help.. but it seem im just weak.. ...

so do i now skip dinner or do i just have a plate of salad.. and hope to scrape in under that 100 cals??

Last edited by amouse; 05-01-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #637  
TBL "JB" Blue Team

S/C/G: 285.1/ticker/155

Height: 6'0"

Hello All

You'll be happy to hear I managed to sleep. I had a stress dream that I walked into my sewing class and suddenly we had to have an entire fashion line designed and ready for a fashion show no one told me about. Shudder. IRL we just have 1 historically accurate costume to finish but I'm a little behind and my brain decided to torment me. I'm actually taking a brake from enlarging my 1/2 scale pattern now. When every thing's finished I'll post pic's.

I'm on plan today but gave myself the day off exercise so my body could actually recover. I'll be right back in tomorrow though, yeah swimming! I've been eating a lot of apples. My mom sent me a bunch of really good organic one's she'd picked up at the Farmers Market. I love my mommy!

You all have the cutest fur baby's! I have two very cute kitty's but I'll have to wait to post pic's until I can barrow a camera.

QOTD: My shirt would say "So I can lace my corset even tighter!"

Lisa - Sending you and your family good vibe's sweetie.

RE: exercise classes. I have fallen in love with my YMCA . They don't offer the widest range of classes but what they do have is very well led. There are people of all shapes, sizes, ages, and colors. Everyone is very friendly. At my old gym (24-hr Fitness) people where all about checking each other out and looking good. It was like a dating service. In the locker room the women would change into their skin tight workout clothes, do their hair, put on MORE makeup, then go "workout". I took one class there and left feeling worse about myself then I had since middle school gym class! No one judges at the Y.

Re: growing veggies; I wanted to start a container garden but I have a black thumb.

Last edited by LittleBigGirl; 05-01-2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:23 AM   #638  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Just a quick update on me.

We went to the grocery store as soon as we got paid. We spent over 600 dollars!! LoL!! But to be fair, I had to buy enough food to last me until the next paycheck, dh had to buy some food to take underway with him, and then we bought dvds, games luggage, and other stuff that we really needed. And yes, I really need 2 bottles of nail polish, lol.

After we were done grocery shopping, dh was putting the stuff in the trunk, and I was in the car. Well, this song came on the radio "My Soul And Hearts Inspiration" by the Righteous Brothers, and I just started like non other. He'll be leaving in 3 hours and going underway for 2 months. I have no clue why I'm even crying in the first place. I survived a 7 month deployment..I can make it through 2 months. I just hate being here without him. We're planning for me to go visit him in SD when they pull in there for a week or whatever. So at least I'll get to see him. But I just hate it when he's gone.

To make matters worse..he was looking for one of our old phones so he could bring it on the ship..and he found this old white one. And it has my mom's voice on it. Well..just to be sure it was that one..I plugged it in and played the message. And as soon as I heard her voice, I started bawling my eyes out. My heart just started hurting so bad, like she had died all over again. I hate that dh is leaving, but I hate it even more that I have to be alone again on the 2nd anniversary of her passing, which will be in May.

Anyways..thats my little sob story right now. Dh is almost done packing, so I'm gonna get the Wii ready, cuz we're gonna play a game of something, lol. Goodnight all..Be back laters!!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:24 AM   #639  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

WHEW, lots of posts to comment on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
for exercise!

Maybe if I'd actually get my work done in the office and stop chit chatting I could get the exercise challenge up eh?
Thanks! And thank you for setting up the challenge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuz View Post
Mine too! I just finished week 2 of couch to 5k today... i'm scared for friday though.. part of me is wondering if i'm ready, the other part is pretty confident it'll be no problem at all...

i just had lunch, too, a good recovery meal of mushroom/feta/goat cheese omellete.. and it was delicious!
Don't be scared for Friday. Just focus on each day and try not to project anything on any days in the future, not even a couple days in the future. Stay in the 'now' and you'll be good for Friday!!

Lovely lunch too - I took your cue and had a mushroom/feta/spinach/zucchini omelette this morning!

Quote:
Thanks Michelle.

Nice looking birds. Kinda remind me of an eagle.
OK totally random comment here

I was watching a Czech movie a few days ago and there was this whole conversation going on about eagles vs. ospreys... and honestly I had no idea about a bird called an osprey... so how strange is it that I get a two lessons in ospreys within 48 hours of each other?

(by the way, the film is hilarious, but you've probably never heard of it - I actually went to the film production company in Prague to buy a box set of this director's movies...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigoskyy View Post
Hey everyone! I'm Danielle, or Dani. I'm 21 [and a half, haha] & from Michigan. I've been married for 3.5 years to my Marine, Paul & we have a 3-year-old son, Kade. [And for that matter a 4-year-old pug, 5-year-old cat, 1.5-year-old albino corn snake, a 6-month-old corn snake, & some fish.] We just bought our first house in August, so I'm diving into gardening. It's going awesome so far. Besides that I'm into crafts, sports, reading, writing, psychology, forensics, teaching, learning, & lots of other stuff! I work full-time at a daycare & I start going back to college on Monday[part time]! I'm definitely going to need motivation between work, school, & home life!

My first task of this whole challenge was to cut out soda. Hi, I'm Danielle, and I'm a diet coke addict. It's been 4 days since my last drink. =D I'm pretty proud of that. I used to drink entirely too many diet cokes each day, thinking it was okay since it was calorie free, but really I'd rather have the calories than what is actually in diet soda. Anyhow, I'm making it through my first personal challenge, and can't wait to get going on here!
Hey Dani! Welcome!!! I hope you get all the support you need here and MORE! Good luck cutting out soda!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post

Velveteen...you don't look anywhere close to 40!

I am off tomorrow for a scrapbooking weekend with some friends. If this thread is going to be as busy this weekend as it has been up until today, I am going to be spending some significant time reading when I get home!
Time to get some dinner ready for my crew. It's taco night...something easy because my DH is away, and it's just me and the kids! I am sticking with salad tonight, as I caved in and had McDonalds for lunch.
Have a great night everyone!
Thanks! You all are too kind, really!

I hope you have a great weekend. Remember your BLUE TEAM friends and stay as OP as possible!

Quote:
What is your Just Beachy Challenge goal?
Like Angie, I don't really like to put a number on things like things... while I'm definitely focusing on now, I do sometimes get that old scary feeling of failing in the past when I've set unrealistic goals for myself. However... I did make a 10% goal (-22 lbs) for the end of June because I think it's realistic this time.

As for the end of the challenge... I'd say it would be great if I could be 10 lbs less than my 10% goal - so 188lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
I did really really good today on my eating. I think what everyone had told me stuck in my head one way or another. I ate 2 eggs for breakfast with about a cup of white rice (I'm half japanese and grew up on rice, ate it everyday of my life so it really won't bother my weight gain) with alittle ketchup. No snacks due to somethings that are extremely bothering me and just don't have an appetite due to this type of stress. Ate my famous Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup (without the tortillas) this soup is extremely healthy. Nothing but veggies and chicken. So easy to make. Didn't eat any snacks again due to the stress and it's already almost time for dinner. I am so proud of myself. Woo Hoo.
Tawnya!!! I am SO SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! way to go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
I did make it to the gym tonight. I am taking a class that combines pilates and yoga. Men can you work up a sweat ! Logged all my food and water.

Paula
WAY TO GO Paula!! Great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
ok girls im so proud of jill ( aka jillybean720) i had to let you know over on the thread for the challenge this morning she wrote

"67 minutes a day?! I thought you said we were starting slow to get into the swing of things Sorry, Blue Team, but I can't go from 0 minutes a day to 67 a day (especially when I didn't even read the rules until 7pm on the start day).

Anyway, thanks for posting the challenge, and good luck to everyone!"

Then later chelle gave a shorter option which works out to 33 minutes day and jilly came back on and wrote this

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez
Could you do 30 mins?

I didn't realize it was so many minutes a day, so I'm going to post a second option for just this week...

Unfortunately the closest beach on the list I have is Ocean City NJ which is 132 miles so it would be 33 mins a day

JIlly wrote Well, after I left here all pissy about it and finished my whining, I decided I wasn't going to go down without a fight. I went and changed, put on my sneakers, and then took my most hyper puppy out for a 45-minute fast walk (she was panting to keep up with ME!) and then stopped home to switch pups and took the less hyper pup for a 25-minute walk. So i did it--I went from 0 minutes to 70 minutes today.

So, moral of the story: put that competitive spirit to good use!

Thanks, chelle!

OMG im so proud of her and i love her team spirit .. i had to share her achievement.. GO BLUE team ...

ooh yeah and Chelle your are fabulous too great work girls
I couldn't agree MORE with this! I saw Jill's post in the other thread too and I was totally in awe that she went out and kicked it!! So Jill, GREAT JOB!!! You so ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
Im having trouble i start the day really well.. im positive making great choices and all in all happy .. and at the end of the day i seem to muff it up.. lol

Breakfast is good lunch is good.. and i spent a few day ignoring the snack monster in the afternoon but now 2 days in a row i have given in..
Yesterday it blew my cal budget( no excuse i was really stupid last night im not even telling you what i had after dinner i was feeling very down .. lets just say my cals yesterday ended up at before exercise 2999 becuase of this item)
and today its 4 pm and i have only 100 cals left for dinner.. i really suck at this lol..

I have done 75 minute walking this morning and a further 20 minutes this afternoon which i know means i could eat more and then a further 40 minute walk thisevening because my daughter was bragging to my son about the park she went to this morning but .. i find if i do eat back what i have burned i dont lose weight.. i could eat my 1800-1900 cals not excercise and i lose weight np .. but the minute i go over that exercise or not i either gain or dont loose ..

my cals atm are 1828 of my 1920 top limit .. ( i use calorie king) and document everything .. according to calories king im at 1191 cals after exercise.. .. but i dont think i should eat anything else.. because then i wont loose .. yesterday i was over so im really dont want to do it again..

The afternoon im always really hungry and tired.. and even a bit grumpy lol... I thought about making my little afternoon thing my dinner and maybe having a snack later... when i would usually have dinner .. but i dont think my hubby would like that much..

I try not to worry so much and just let it be but going over once i dont mind.. but twice...... hmmmm .. not good enough.. im starting to wonder if i should have joined this becuase i have no will power and feel like im just gonna be a weight on everyones shoulders..

Im happy every morning but i get bummed in the afternoon .. i miss my hubby and wish i could lose weight and be sexy for him when he comes home.. but this time im heavier then whenh he left.. and i feel like im getting nowhere.. and its all becuase i suck at this .. I thought joining the challenge would help.. but it seem im just weak.. ...

so do i now skip dinner or do i just have a plate of salad.. and hope to scrape in under that 100 cals??

OK, Amy, I have ONE suggestion for you... if it's late-aftenoon to dinner that you have trouble with, PLAN what you'll have for dinner first (maybe the day before) and then work around those calories. I have these issues too and this is what I do. And I have to say, I have been busy with WW again for now 5 weeks, I have PLANNED every day the night before and I have stuck to plan... it makes it SO much easier to follow. (and by the way, I've lost weight every single week) Sure it takes a little bit of time to plan out, but after a while it's just routine.

I have a rotation of the things I like to eat and the WW points (in your case cals) so it's pretty easy to keep things varied, eat healthy AND follow it each day.

I hope that helps you a wee bit - I wouldn't suggest skipping dinner, I would say better to eat something and go over a bit, then plan the next day ahead and try to rectify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigGirl View Post
Hello All

You'll be happy to hear I managed to sleep. I had a stress dream that I walked into my sewing class and suddenly we had to have an entire fashion line designed and ready for a fashion show no one told me about. Shudder. IRL we just have 1 historically accurate costume to finish but I'm a little behind and my brain decided to torment me. I'm actually taking a brake from enlarging my 1/2 scale pattern now. When every thing's finished I'll post pic's.

I'm on plan today but gave myself the day off exercise so my body could actually recover. I'll be right back in tomorrow though, yeah swimming! I've been eating a lot of apples. My mom sent me a bunch of really good organic one's she'd picked up at the Farmers Market. I love my mommy!

QOTD: My shirt would say "So I can lace my corset even tighter!"

I'm so glad you got some sleep!!! Freaky dream though! Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Good that you are taking care of yourself! I bet you'll have a great swim tomorrow (today?)!

I wish everyone a GREAT THURSDAY!! GO BLUE!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #640  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Just a quick update on me.

We went to the grocery store as soon as we got paid. We spent over 600 dollars!! LoL!! But to be fair, I had to buy enough food to last me until the next paycheck, dh had to buy some food to take underway with him, and then we bought dvds, games luggage, and other stuff that we really needed. And yes, I really need 2 bottles of nail polish, lol.

After we were done grocery shopping, dh was putting the stuff in the trunk, and I was in the car. Well, this song came on the radio "My Soul And Hearts Inspiration" by the Righteous Brothers, and I just started like non other. He'll be leaving in 3 hours and going underway for 2 months. I have no clue why I'm even crying in the first place. I survived a 7 month deployment..I can make it through 2 months. I just hate being here without him. We're planning for me to go visit him in SD when they pull in there for a week or whatever. So at least I'll get to see him. But I just hate it when he's gone.

To make matters worse..he was looking for one of our old phones so he could bring it on the ship..and he found this old white one. And it has my mom's voice on it. Well..just to be sure it was that one..I plugged it in and played the message. And as soon as I heard her voice, I started bawling my eyes out. My heart just started hurting so bad, like she had died all over again. I hate that dh is leaving, but I hate it even more that I have to be alone again on the 2nd anniversary of her passing, which will be in May.

Anyways..thats my little sob story right now. Dh is almost done packing, so I'm gonna get the Wii ready, cuz we're gonna play a game of something, lol. Goodnight all..Be back laters!!

I'm so sorry, sweetie. Lean on us when you need support!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:45 AM   #641  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

aww, thanks Amy and Renee (re: the exercie challenge thread)!

I just couldn't stand the thought of chelle kicking my rear from day 1 Besides, a 70-minute walk is NOTHING compared to what the TBL contenstants go through on their Day 1, right?! And they don;t all keel over from heart attacks, so I figured I'd survive--and I did! Plus I met someone in the neighborhood with a Shib Inu--SUCH a cute dog!

Francie, big Deployments are rough whether it's for months on end or even just a few weeks. My sister's first husband was in the Navy and whenever he was deployed, my sister would work extra hard and teach their dog a new trick or 2 before he returned. The dog ended up being one of the most well trained dogs I've ever met! Do you have some sort of hobby or activity you can sort of immerse yourself in while he's gone? Aside from posting on 3FC, of course

My Just Beachy Goal doesn't have a number, like many of you here. But I am working on being thin enough to fit in a roller coaster without fear of the harness/restraint not closing properly I haven't been on a roller coaster i years due to fear of embarassment, which sucks because it was one of my FAVORITE things I'm thinking I might have to get below 250 for that, though, so I doubt that will happen during this challenge, but I can sure get a good start!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:53 AM   #642  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Thanks girls..

I just plan on working my butt off!! I bought a new game for the Wii. So I guess I can rot my brain playing video games and watching non stop reality tv. I dunno..we'll see what I can find to do around here.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:58 AM   #643  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I know this is completely irrelevant, but I just looked up at the tv, and the closing credits for Inuyasha were on. The voice of Shipo is done by someone named Jillian Michaels. I thought that was funny

Francie, what game did you get?? I'm waiting for Wii Fit to come out. Jeff's been playing a bit of the new Smash Brothers; I tried playing it with the Wii controler, but it was horrible! Definitely needs the GameCube controller.

I should start playing tennis and boxing on the Wii--that wil help get my exercise minutes up

Last edited by jillybean720; 05-01-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:04 AM   #644  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen View Post
Don't be scared for Friday. Just focus on each day and try not to project anything on any days in the future, not even a couple days in the future. Stay in the 'now' and you'll be good for Friday!!

Lovely lunch too - I took your cue and had a mushroom/feta/spinach/zucchini omelette this morning!
I try to stay in the now, but not too much - staying in the now is what got me here in the first place lol!! I'm just nerved up because It's an early work day so i'll be getting up early to do it, it'll be cold... etc. i'll be just fine. during my run I was omg this is so hard.. how on earth can i do this, but each interval i feel myself picking up pace and it getting easier.. i'll be fine
also, did i say mushroom/feta/goat cheese? lol that's a lot of cheese! it was mushroom/spinach/goat cheese!

anyway, good morning all, i'm off for work for the day in a few ... i can't stand these super early days, and i have two this week - one is saturday! my eyes are all puffy, i have no makeup on and i'm really glad right about now that i don't have to look nice for work
Old 05-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #645  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hey Blues:
So many pages, so many losers. Wow! How does a chick keep up?

Josephine: I am definitely a non-runner. I'm a fight, not flight kinda chick. I've done 2 C25K sessions this week, and so far I'm enjoying it, but I know I'll have to go slowly. I really don't like running, or jogging, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Strangely, my shins hurt when I walk fast, but not when I'm jogging. And, I don't think I'll become a runner, but I think jogging is a good way to stay healthy, especially when on vacation. No gym needed, and you can scout out the neighborhood where you're visiting.

Rhonda: If I had any sense, I would've started walking before I started C25K. In my mind, I was thinking that I am on the move constantly at work, so throwing in a few seconds of jog time can't be that hard. Silly me.

Jennifer: Did you follow the plan exactly and do Week 1 for 3 days and then go right to Week 2? I'm thinking that I'll repeat at least 1 or 2 sessions from week 1 just to make sure I'm going slowly enough so that I don't hurt myself.

Chellez: If you want to make that Soy Caramel Macchiato even healthier, I think they can make it with the sugar-free caramel syrup and drizzle a bit of the real stuff on top. My drink is a Soy Sugar-Free Vanilla Latte, and I came down from the White Chocolate Mocha. We won't discuss the calories and fat in that monster.

Suite: I love your quote from Shel Silverstein. Every time I read it, I think that it would have been wonderful to hear that growing up.

Dee: It shocks me that you like Buffy. You seem so much more normal than me. As for that tattoo, it only hurts at first, then it's just a little bit of pressure associated with a buzzing noise. I've got 4 tatts (plus, 1 cover-up and 1 enhancement). So, I've been under the gun 6 times. Those first few moments, I always ask myself if I really meant to pay for this kind of pain, and then I'm half-asleep and zoning out. Also, my tongue is pierced. Think it was a 30th b-day gift to myself or something. Both eyebrows were pierced (at different times), but both grew out. Neither of these piercings hurt. My girls never hurt me, so I see no reason to hurt them with piercings. Funny thing, getting my ears pierced hurt like heck!

QOTD for Tuesday: What do you think losing weight will change in your life? What do you think will be different? Better? Worse?
I will be healthier and more active. I will not wonder about weight limits for adventurous activities, like kayaking, hang-gliding, rock-climbing. I will look forward to running into old friends and family I haven't seen for years. I will be a belly dancing fiend!

Chinchilla Owner(s): somewhere in these 600 posts I know I saw mention of a chinchilla. I've been thinking about getting one, but I have tons of questions. Can I PM you?

Gardeners/Growers: I know there are several of you out there. Does anyone belong to one of those co-op or community gardens where they assign you a little piece of land to grow whatever you want? Is that a big city thing? I don't have a yard, but I love my plants and would love to try my green thumb at growing some veggies, herbs or fruit.

OK, I'm 19 pages in, and it's 330 in the morning. I just can't read the next 23 pages . I have to work tomorrow. No more reading. No more writing. No more 'rithmetic. Um, OK, I'm tired and slap-happy. Sorry my personals are so outdated.

Good night / morning Blues! Happy Thursday all around!