Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! Sure hope everyone is doing good tonight and ready for a great weekend!!! OK! Maybe that might be a little to chipper!!!
I did get on the scales again this morning and I didn’t lose anything this week! Nothing! So I need to get busy and make something happen!

Bobbi, That is really to bad about your trees.. I know I would be so sad to see that happen. Right now we have almost all pine trees here but we have “ONE” Aspen in the yard that I have been babying!! Put up a little fence around it so hopefully Ginger and Sissy will leave it alone. It is up about 10 inches now. I know about the time it really starts to do good the deer will probably munch it to the ground!

Cat-- I did the South beach when I first got back from vacation and it really helped to jump start me. I’m just not sure that I could follow it all the time. But I really do enjoy the slim fast shakes and I buy the powder and then mix it in a blender with strawberries or even a banana. It makes really good shakes. But on the weekends I usually take a break from the shakes for breakfast and have either eggs or the protein oatmeal pancakes. Gosh they are so good!

Zoe, -- It really sounds funny to hear you say that it will be Winter in another 4 months!!! We’ll probably have snow next month! And it will definitely be snowing for Halloween! But it really did feel good to get my car all cleaned out. Besides that it gave me a break from the house which I really needed!! I do try to (kind of anyway) do the WW points but use the Slimfast shakes. A shake without the added fruit is 3 points.

Gayle, Glad to hear that you are doing OK. Glad the hurricane missed Houston. I have a cousin who lived in Houston and just moved back to MO. A couple years ago. She said she didn’t like Houston at all. Of course, she left her husband there! He refused to leave and she refused to stay--- so needless to say that marriage had a lot wrong with it before the move.

Theresa, sounds like you are doing good back at Curves. I’m planning on getting a routine down somehow with the treadmill, mini trampoline, Ab lounge and WATP’s-- I should be able to get something worked out for me and just stick to it. I know I can ‘cause I did it before-- Darn vacations!! For right now I kind of put the Wal-mart job on hold. I talked to them about it and at the time it seemed that these people were really interested in buying the house and their lease was up on their apartment on September 1. So after talking it over with them they just put me back in the computer as “rehirable” and I can go back to it. If I start here now I can’t transfer for 6 months and if I would have to quit to move I can reapply for a year. So they were happy that I was up front with them about it and right now I’ll just wait and see a while longer. Still hoping the house gets sold and we can move before Winter gets to bad.

Lynn, that was so nice of you to check on our GG’s. I know they appreciated it and we appreciated finding out that they were all OK. That is a good picture but I agree -- nobody looked very happy! My goodness!!

Heidi, your puppies are so cute! I like to watch the “wiener dog races” I get lots of giggles from that. Congrats on your weight loss!! Good job!!

Happy Birthday Lily!! I hope you have a really great day tomorrow and enjoy your very special day.

Hi Joanne--- I hope you had a Wonderful time at the concert--- Sounds like fun. I was going to ask too--- 400 to 600 calories daily? I know on the slim fast site they recommend 1300 minimum and I am usually at 1000 or better. Still haven’t made it to 1300 but that sounds awfully low.

Marylynn, What is Muay Thai Boxing? Sounds pretty interesting. Kind of scary though when you talk about bruising!!!

Linda, Loved the jokes---- I can totally relate to the sands shifting!

Trish-- don’t sweat out the scales. Sometimes it will do that and then the next week you will show a loss. I know last week I lost 2 pounds but this week nothing. So will just have to ride it out and do something different or better. I know after I got back from vacation I stayed the same for about a month. So frustrating.

Theresa, Loved your jokes too… In fact I sent the 10 stop sings on to some of the family!! Too funny!

Well, guess I’d better get off of here for now. I probably missed someone and I’ll apologize now for it. It isn’t intentional. Oh before I forget-- this is a picture of Ginger and Sissy in their carseats.. Spoiled!!!
Have a good night.

Last edited by Karen31; 06-08-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #362  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Nice new avatar pic Karen. Trying to read the posts, but struggling to stay awake. So, guess I will give that up until another time.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Take care all
Old 08-25-2007, 07:13 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/www/hackdiet.html

Just found the "diet book" above - nothing to buy - lots of neat computer weight-loss tools.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 08-25-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #364  

Happy Birthday, Lily

Lynn
Old 08-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Smile I'm better today

Lily

I got up this morning and did 3 miles with WATP! There! Karen, Zoe, and Phillis Maybe you are all right. Scales Lie

I've got to go. My Mom and DD want to got to a yard sale!!!

Here's some for all of us!!!!

TTFN, Trish
Old 08-25-2007, 08:23 AM   #366  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

First, Happy Happy Birthday, Lily!!!!
My Daughter's BD is tomorrow...first time we haven't spent it together in 26 years. She got a goody box from me yesterday filled with all kinds of Louisiana treats and body lotions, soap etc and was thrilled. (probably more thrilled by the check in the card!) Her BF said "Oh, man, we can EAT!!". They have both just started their jobs and it's a tad "tight" around there.

I'm headed out to start cutting back all my roses for their August "haircut" before it gets too hot out there to breathe. We had a tiny amount of rain last night so it's a bit cooler this morning, but will heat up to the high 90's so I only have a little window of time to work out there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #367  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks Theresa for sharing the "lighter side of life". Here is one we girls can all relate to:
ISN'T THIS THE TRUTH ??????
You may need to stop at the women's restroom . . . Be prepared!When you have to visit a public bathroom, you usually find a line of women, so you smile politely and take your place. Once it's your turn, you check for feet under the stall doors. Every stall is occupied.

Finally, a door opens and you dash in, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the stall.You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't matter, the wait has been so long you are about to wet your pants! The dispenser for the modern 'seat covers' (invented by someone's Mom, no doubt) is handy, but empty. You would hang your purse on the door hook, if there was one, but there isn't - so you carefully, but quickly drape it around your neck, (Mom would turn over in her grave if you put it on the FLOOR! ), yank down your pants, and assume ' The Stance.'In this position your aging, toneless thigh muscles begin to shake. You'd love to sit down, but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold 'The Stance.'To take your mind off your trembling thighs, you reach for what you discover to be the empty toilet paper dispenser. In your mind, you can hear your mother's voice saying, 'Honey, if you had tried to clean the seat, you would have KNOWN there was no toilet paper!' Your thighs shake more.Y ou remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on yesterday - the one that's still in your purse. (Oh yeah, the purse around your neck, that now, you have to hold up trying not to strangle yourself at the same time). That would have to do. You crumple it in the puffiest way possible. It's still smaller than your thumbnail Someone pushes your door open because the latch doesn't work. The door hits your purse, which is hanging around your neck in front of your chest, and you and your purse topple backward against the tank of the toilet. 'Occupied!' you scream, as you reach for the door, dropping your precious, tiny, crumpled tissue in a puddle on the floor, lose your footing altogether, and slide down directly onto the TOILET SEAT. It is wet of course. You bolt up, knowing all too well that it's too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with every imaginable germ and life form on the uncovered seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper - not that there was any, even if you had taken time to try. You know that your mother would be utterly appalled if she knew, because, you're certain her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, dear, 'You just don't KNO W what kind of diseases you could get.'By this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so confused that it flushes, propelling a stream of water like a fire hose against the inside of the bowl that sprays a fine mist of water that covers your butt and runs down your legs and into your shoes. The flush somehow sucks everything down with such force that you grab onto the empty toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged in too.At this point, you give up. You're soaked by the spewing water and the wet toilet seat. You're exhausted. You try to wipe with a gum wrapper you found in your pocket and then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks.You can't figure out how to operate the faucets with the automatic sensors, so you wipe your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and walk past the line of women still waiting.You are no longer able to smile politely to them. A kind soul at the very end of the line points out a piece of toilet paper trailing from your shoe. (Where was that when you NEEDED it??) You yank the paper from your shoe, plunk it in the woman's hand and tell her warmly, 'Here, you just might need this.'

As you exit, you spot your hubby, who has long since entered, used, and left the men's restroom. Annoyed, he asks, 'What took you so long, and why is your purse hanging around your neck?'
This is dedicated to women everywhere who deal with a public restrooms (rest??? you've GOT to be kidding!!). It finally explains to the men what really does take us so long. It also answers their other commonly asked questions about why women go to the restroom in pairs It's so the other gal can hold the door, hang onto your purse and hand you Kleenex under the door!This HAD to be written by a woman! No one else could describe it so accurately!Send this to all women that need a good laugh
A Friend Is Like A Good Bra...
Hard to Find
Supportive
Comfortable
Always Lifts You Up
Never Lets You Down or Leaves You Hanging
And Is Always Close To Your Heart!!!

Share this with a friend!
I Just Did!

Old 08-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #368  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Karen, thanks for sending the above joke. You probably e-mailed it to all on our list but I thought it was too funny not to share with everyone that checks into the Golden Girls site.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:58 AM   #369  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi GG's . . .

Yes indeed that is definitely a moment. I have now twice over the same joke -- many thanks to both of you. Luckily, I'm home and close to my own (relatively clean) bathroom.

BTW KAREN -- I just love those doggie car seats.

We have sunshine today and, while that is terrific to see after the torrential rains we had yesterday, we also have 97% humidity to go with it. High humidity is one of the things that causes me to retain water, badly -- so I'll be trying to drink extra today to keep the ankles flushed out -- so I'd better be careful about those :lol2: moments, I guess.

Other than that . . . nothing too big on my agenda . . . hope everybody has a great, fun, kind of day planned. See you soon . . .
Old 08-25-2007, 11:04 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good morning!

Just thought that I would pop in for a minute and let you know my son came home for the weekend. He has been working in Grand Lakes, Colorado. He said when he got up yesterday morning (up there) it had been snowing all night and was 22 degrees!! Winter is coming!!

Better get busy now but I'll be back later.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #371  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi a quick flyby as I head out to a pedicure.

I AM SO SORRY FOR MY TYPING ERROR -- LOL

I meant that I am ingesting an "extra" 400 - 600 calories a day. OMG I can hardly live on less than 1600 so there is no way I would ever do a low low --- silly low diet. Ok in my past (when I was in my 20's) I did a stupid 800 calorie a day -- pee on a stick diet -- one of the dumbest things I ever did -- ok it's right behind my getting into a car with a drunk driver.

Anyway -- sorry for the scare -- off for pedicures and hair stuff
Old 08-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #372  
Lifetime Loser

Hi everyone, I really have been reading all your posts....just swamped here trying to get this condo ready to put up for sale. Just finished the closet in the spare bedrm......only one more closet to go...YAY!!!

My dh and I walked the 3 mile dvd today.....I may crash at any moment! Trish, it is a great accomplishment isn't it.

I promise to keep up better on a daily basis. Oh Joanne, I am glad your not on that low of a diet, whew....had me scared.

Hope everyone has a nice week-end.....Karen, didn't recognize you! Looking good.

Phyllis
Old 08-25-2007, 04:09 PM   #373  

Default Saturday - Aug 25

Hi Everyone,

Hi Zoe, I'm sure you already have it, but just in case, here's the recipe for the 0 points WW soup - http://weightwatchers-recipes.blogsp...-recipe-0.html

Hi Linda (Meowee), we've got some of that miserably high humidity here in PA today. Around 95 degrees and 70% humidity.

Hi Lyn, I made it to the gym yesterday. Plan to go first thing tomorrow morning. Didn't get there today.

Hi Joanne, here's some - get back on that horse!

Hi Trish, you wrote, "I have just been ghosting in because this week's weigh in was a gain of 1.8 pounds. I could argue that I was on vacation last week. But the truth is that I had not been logging my food in. Plus my habit of using more than my allotted extra 35 weekly points in WW has finally caught up with me. I'm a little bummed!!!!!"
Now, you know us better than that! When things are NOT going well is the time we can be of most help to each other. Please don't stop posting because of rough spots. Ask Phyllis, before I settled down, I posted for around a year on another thread with her and never lost an ounce.

Hi Karen, I LOVE your new photo. You look more beautiful than ever!

Hi Phyllis, Glad to know you're OK.

Today is too hot to do anything outside. I went to lunch with my dd & sil - I had already eaten, so I had a garden salad while they had lunch. I stopped and bought an ear of corn for tonight. So far this summer, my corn hasn't been very good.
I just have 2 more papers to grade & then I'm DONE with this class!!!

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 08-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #374  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hello, hello. Omigawd, it’s soooooo haute here! Feels like the tropics fahgoodness’ sake! I was feeling too lethargic to type, but here I am....jes’ can’t keep away, I guess.
KAREN! OMIGAWD! What a GREAT picture! You should definitely get that one blown up and framed, girl! You look awesome!
How was the concert, Jo-annie? (I, of course, spent Friday night at home here with DH, chatting and acting silly as usual. He was painting and I was critiquing and arguing about what should go where in the picture. He ended up painting the end of my nose. Grrrrr. It mostly came off, but there IS a little greenish tinge if you look at it in a certain light...)
Okay, TA DAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed myself. <drum roll> And I lost....<continuing drum roll> a GREAT BIG one freaking pound! ONE! I swear, being old is soooo rotten! And that was without EVER using ANY of those 35 so-called BONUS POINTS! I guess if I’d used any of them, I wouldn’t even have lost the pound. Okay. It’s definitely better than the plateau I’ve been sitting on for three weeks, so I’ll take it, but grudgingly, I must say. I was SO hoping for at least two pounds, but I suppose I should’ve known better with this sluggish old body of mine. I’m going to stick with the WW points, though, because it helps me to really stay on track - I’ve got a chart I made with point values, and I’ve been REALLY keeping a food journal as opposed to my half-hearted efforts before. I’m surprised, actually, that I lost what I did, doing it so lackadaisically.
Marylynn, it’s kind of refreshing to hear about the system from an “insider”, so to speak. I’m sure that the money spent curing the medical profession’s mistakes is ONE of the things that jacks costs up across the board. Muay Thai boxing? Bruising? Um. Nuh-uh. Not for me, and YOU be careful, lady! It sounds like if you make a wrong move, you could break something!
Tee, that thing about choosing the wrong HMO was TOO funny! You know my DH is a software engineer for a hospital, and I read it to him and he ....wait...I have to get this in the proper accent and all....” Hah! (This is DH talking) I think this woman friend of yours (he means you, Tee) has really researched this ...sounds like she KNOWS what she’s talking about! Hah, hah, hah, hee hee hee!” I swear, sometimes I just wanna strangle him. Love him to death, but he’s a good one for stating the obvious, eh? OMG, the BUSH story was just TOO on target. Is he really that stupid do you think, or is he clever like a fox? Either way, I don’t care who replaces him, just so long as HE’s out!
Trish! You just get BACK here, girl! You KNOW how I’ve been kvetching and whining around here, and if all these wonderful GG’s put up with ME, you KNOW we can handle your little set-backs! Eat veggies! If you hate veggies, just think! You could eat eleven WW ice cream bars a day, and you’d be right where you belonged for points!
Lynn, that book is VERY interesting! I’ve been reading some of it aloud to DH since this guy thinks the way he does - and we’re both enjoying it. I don’t know about all the charts and things - I’m sure DH would have no trouble setting them up, but I don’t know if I’d like to use them. I tend to run in the opposite direction when I see graphs or charts or any of that stuff at work....but we’ll read to the end and see what we both think. Thanks for the link! Thanks for the soup link, too. I’ll check it out in a few minutes.
And that’s all she wrote...Hiya Bobbi, Cat, Phyl (let me know if you run across any other WW ideas, okay?), Gayle, and Meowee-Linda! And Hiya to the rest of us, as well!

TTFN,

Z
Old 08-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I wanted to pop in to wish Lily a Happy Birthday! I hope you've had a very nice day.

I haven't had time to read any of the posts so I have no idea what's been going on here. I am OK, just very busy. Halloween season has already kicked in and I'm getting a costume order a day. I've been doing a lot of cutting out fabric and purchasing fabrics that I don't have. Most of my time has been spent sewing and visiting my dad. I do take my hour of personal time and go to Jazzercise.

I'm getting used to my new computer too. I finally figured out how to get my printer installed so I don't have to go to my daughters and print my orders out. I installed a new mail server so I can get mail without having to log on to the alternative mail site. I am a computer dummy so these things are a big deal for me.

I hope to be back to reading the boards again soon.
Closed Thread