Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello To All. First off I want to Thank everyone for the compliments on my picture.. That really makes me feel good. I really appreciate that so much. I fully intended to get back on the treadmill today but after cleaning the house a bit this morning and then running across the full 5 acres and back 4 different times this afternoon to show the 5th wheel I think I will wait and see if I can't get that started tomorrow!! But surely running back and forth like that shoudl have done something!!

Zoe, I think I told you that I was more or less using the ww points with slimfast-- and I have never used the 35 extra points either. I don't think that I have even had to "dip" into them at all. we jsut finished supper and I still have 8 points left! I think I'll probably fix us a piece of angel food cake and strawberrie with a little fat free whipped topping. That should take care of that. Actually, I just totaled that up and I will still have 4 points left. Oh well-----

Lynn and Phyllis-- good to hear from both of you. I think I'm going to need some of that sent this way too!

Joanne, I'm so glad to know that you aren't eating so few calories!! WHEW!!!

Linda D-- I got those car seats at PetSmart and they have just been wonderful!! Both Ginger and Sissy ride in them all the time and like it that they can see out the window. They did real good on the 2,000 mile trip this Summer from here to PA. and back.

Bobbi-- Thanks for posting that little bit about "Restrooms" I just never thought about it.. But I know there have been times when we have all been there and I can still here my Mom saying those words still!!

Marylynn, Trish, Theresa, Cat, Gail, Heidi, Sue and anybody else I might have missed I hope you have a good night.

Lily--- Hope your Birthday was just FANTASTIC!!

Chat later.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:57 PM   #377  

Hi To Everyone,

enjoy all the posting and still getting to know everyone. This weekend we had overnight guests. This is a couple we have some stressed history with so always interesting for me to cope with increased stress, more snacks and wine about and not over eat. Not that successful but more success than I have been in the past. So back to preplanning and recording all the food tomarrow.

I still am a true monkey see (the food) monkey want (the food)-This is a couple who sees this pattern as a lack of willpower/discipline. I can follow a rather strict pattern as long as there in NO treats in the house. They always have to bring something. Wine, cookies, cheese, crackers, fresh bread-yaaa I got to hear how they can have bags of cookies and candy about and have them last for weeks. Ah, I of weak moral character.
The best news was that it was a short visit and we are now snack free.

the bathroom saga was a riot.

Just finished watching a dvd on "who KIlled the Electric Car ?" Again the power of car makers and the oil companies insuring their profits-Old IKe was right about the military industrial complex messing with government.

wishing everyone success
sue

Last edited by coastalsue; 08-26-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 155/145/133

Height: 5'5"

Hello Golden Girls and Golden Guys (if there are any?),

My name is Linda (yep, another one) but you can call me Lindy. So nice to meet you! Tonight I joined 3 Chicks looking for a support group and found this thread. I've been reading (and giggling at) your posts on my laptop while the family is trying to watch TV. They are giving me looks

I have been overweight since having my last child - 17 years ago. Joined Weight Watchers several times over the years but never stuck with it long enough. I was ill a few weeks ago and during that period I had an epiphany of sorts about my weight problem. Now I'm on a mission, FINALLY getting serious about my weight. I'd much rather hear my stomach growl than feel stuffed and sluggish from eating too much food. When I wake up in the morning I feel encouraged that I can overcome my tendancy to overeat for another day.

I hope you have room for one more Linda-Lindy! I'd love to be a member of your group.

Good night - hope to see you tomorrow!

Lindy
Old 08-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #379  

Hi Lindy!! to the Golden Girls!! I think that you will like it here and we look forward to getting to know more about you.. So please post often and remember we are all on this journey together!! Have a good night!! By the way---- My hubby is always wonderign what I'm laughing at when I'm on the computer!!! Love it!!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:33 AM   #380  

Hello Lindy again---- Just thought that I would let you know that we have an "Introduction" thread if you would like to go to it also. The link is: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117547
Thought that you might like to post an introduction there. Have a good night!!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:39 AM   #381  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Lindy,

Welcome ~ you'll like it here. It is a wonderful group ~ so kind, caring and supportive. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Take care
Old 08-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Sunday - August 26

Good Morning, Everyone,

Hi Zoe, remember, the more you lose, the longer it takes to lose more. Unlike many things in life, this gets more difficult the better we get at it. Congratulations on your lost pound
Do you know about Dottie's Weight Loss Zone? It's a great site for WW's. Especially the restaurant area http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
Lists all major chain restaurants & gives the points for their menu items.

Hi Paula, great to see you. Glad to hear you're getting used to your new computer.

Hi Karen, see the link above I posted in Zoe's message for WW info. I've been looking at a pet stroller in Pet Smart - for when I need to transport my fat cat to my dd's B&B. Right now, she goes into my shopping cart. When she gets into the car, she sits in the passenger seat. I don't know if she'd sit in a car seat.

Hi Sue, I don't like that couple. What do you do to cope with their behavior? I'm sorry you had to put up with them.

Hi Lindy, From now on, you are a Golden Girl. Now when you get up in the morning, you come say, "Hello!"

Hi Gayle, what are you doing up at 3 in the morning? Was it 3 AM where you live?

OK - another hot/humid/rainy day here. I have 1 more set of papers to grade (then I'm finished with this course!), and then, I'm off to the gym for the morning.
Hopefully, I'll get to see my dd later today. They're having innkeeper problems, so they need to stick close to home.

Got a new bathing suit - couldn't figure out how to rotate the photo without making it too large to post - sorry. PS - I look better if you don't enlarge the thumbnail

Check back later,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-07-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #383  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Hi there LINDY . . . of course we have room for one more Linda. Just proves how popular that name was during a 'certain' era, I guess. to the Age 50+ Forum and as well. I'm sure you will love it around here as much as the rest of us do -- at least I certainly hope so.

Another day . . . another Humidex record for Atlantic Canada. Yep, poor old Nova Scotia set another "mugginess" record yesterday and today is supposed to be even worse. Weirdest summer I can remember since I moved here, 13 years ago. Actually the whole continent has been having a pretty weird summer.

At least my BGL has been doing fairly well. Kittens have also been pretty good. Thought I'd escaped the dreaded 'fruit-fly infestation' this year, but had to break down and set out the vinegar jars yesterday after I had to wrestle a bunch of them for my last peach. So that also meant I had to put the rest of my fruit in the ridge, including the tomatoes which are just not as good if you keep them in the fridge.

So, don't know what the rest of you have planned today, but my plans include doing as little as possible in front of the A/C. We are supposed to be getting some severe thunderstorms later today and hopefully that will clear out a lot of the humidity.

Have a fun day everybody . . . see you again soon . . .
Old 08-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #384  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! I am in the studio with DH (which is where our respective computers reside); he is working on a gigantic canvas, and we are listening to Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mombasa, and it’s very hard to sit still....on top of which I have drunk three (count ‘em - 3) cupsa cawfee, and am bouncing about wondering if this excess energy will perhaps aid my painfully slow weight loss....ahhhh, I suppose not, as the bouncing is primarily mental (although there is a little inconsistent and primarily unconscious shoulder movement and foot spasms going on from time to time). ANYWAY, I have been over to DD3’s where I fed their khats and (ack) cleaned out their litter box, which in all honesty, could have been a lot worse than it was, but still, just the idea of cleaning a foreign khat’s litter is somewhat off-putting, isn’t it? And of course ONE of her khats, acquired when she was a sophomore in college and thus lived with yours truly from itty bitty kittenhood to grown khatness until DD established a home of her own (My gosh! She’s turning 30 in October! That makes the khat 10 years old!) so he isn’t exactly foreign, but khat # 2, named Jasmine by my GD and called “Jazz”, which never fails to evoke images with me of “All That Jazz”, Bob Fosse, and what a great job Roy Scheider did in the movie role, has never lived with me, and thus holds “foreign khat” status in my sheltered little philosophy of life with pets. So, while cleaning up behind her is impossible to distinguish between cleaning up after “Old Siggie” (Sigmund) it still makes me a little squeamish. Yes, I KNOW I am slightly eccentric and maybe even crazy at times, but I DO have these strange little twists and turns of the psyche and I’ve learned to live with them. Now, I need to change the subject. A discussion of khat boxes simply has no place here on 3FC! Mea culpa. (I need to stop typing what I’m thinking, eh?)
SO, yes, Lynn you’re right....I’ve also made note of the fact that if you should actually succeed in dropping below 150 #’s with the WW point system, you are rewarded by being allowed fewer points! If that isn’t a non-incentive, I don’t know what is! But, unfortunately it seems to reflect the way our bodies function, which I’m beginning to find quite annoying, here. Surely somebody could’ve come up with some design improvements by now?
Sue, I can’t imagine even bothering to entertain such unpleasant people. I guess there must be some reason why you feel obligated to, but in all honesty, the older I get, the less I feel the need to tolerate people with whom I have nothing in common, and in fact dislike. Maybe it has something to do with feeling that time is simply too precious at my age to waste it with those sorts of folks. (Of course, it may be that I’m just growing more crochety and difficult as I age, but I have no intention, I‘m afraid, of “going gentle into that good night....” (thank you Dylan Thomas).
Welcome aboard, Lindy! This is where we come and let it all hang out. Feel free. (You may have noticed that I’m a HUGE kvetcher and whiner, but it’s SUCH fun!)
Hey Meowee-Linda! Yup, the weather has been strange for sure. Global warming, doncha know? Yay, Gore! (The man is so much smarter than the Republicans want to give him credit for.....oops. No more politics, I SWEAR!)
Tee, Phyl, Jo-annie, Cat...hey, girlies! Hiya Gayle!
Okay, so ONE thing doing the WW point system seems to be doing for me is creating this overwhelming craving for fresh vegetables. After doing my regular grocery shopping yesterday, I drove @ ten miles out into the country to a farm stand and bought fresh tomatoes (The neighbors are home....no more late-night commando raids on their garden), zucchini & summer squash (small & delicate, NOT the size of baseball bats!) eggplant, cukes, onions, an two ears of corn which I shall cook for DH for supper this evening (somehow, when I’m dieting, I feel REALLY VIRTUOUS when someone is eating something that I really shouldn’t/don’t want to eat). I had a very late lunch - I cut up and cooked one zucchini, one summer squash, a small onion with a little garlic, some fresh ground pepper, and pretend butter in a small frying pan, ate that with TWO THICK SLICES of fresh tomato (yeah!) and Boca burger. It was soooooooo good! I am developing a new appreciation for fresh veggies - just in time for them all to be out of season, eh? My life has been one long series of bad timing episodes...

Okay, it’s almost noon. Looks like it’s not going to rain (It was overcast earlier) so I guess I’ll have myself a bike ride.

Have a great day, all you wonderful GG’s, you!

TTFN,
Z
Old 08-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #385  

Default All That Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
...khat # 2, named Jasmine by my GD and called “Jazz”, which never fails to evoke images with me of “All That Jazz”, Bob Fosse, and what a great job Roy Scheider did in the movie role...Z
Hi Zoe,

I LOVE that movie. I have VERY few movies on tape (now I need to get them on DVD), but All That Jazz is one of them - Chicago is another. Love that man! My niece is the primary instructor in my sister's dancing school. She borrows a lot of moves from Fosse with her choreography. BTW, just watched Ballet Rousse - it was a GREAT documentary. Did you know that Dali and Matisse did set design and costumes for the Ballet Rousse?

Lynn
Old 08-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #386  

Good Morning !!! It looks like it is going to be a really nice day here. I ended up fixing "real" pancakes this morning since Tim wanted them. After eating them though--- I'll go back to my protein oatmeal pancakes from now on!! So I'm really going to make the effort to get on the treadmill today and get in some walking on it.

Lynn, I got this stroller for Ginger and Sissy and I just love it!!! In the picture they are both in it. But I ordered it from Ryan's Pet Supplies. It is a wholesale place that anybody can order from. And I spent less on the stroller through them even with the shipping than I would have at PetSmart. I found out about them from a groomer here in Florissant and I'm glad. They have lots of neat ideas! You can check them out at: www.RyansPet.com I thought that you might enjoy checking them out and you can order a catalog from them too. And Thanks for that link--- I have it bookmarked now!

Linda-meowee-- Hope your day is really good. I know when we finally sell the house and get moved to MO. that I will have to get used to the humidity too. We usually go back every Summer so we have never forgot about it but it is different when you are only going to be there for a couple weeks.

Zoe--- enjoy that bike ride!! I found a "kids bike trailer" that I thought if we weren't planning on a move I would get to put Ginger and Sissy in. Of course, I would still need the bike to pull it too--- so guess it will wait until we get settled again. But it was only $10 on craigslist! Soooooo Tempting!!

Well, I'll be back later to chat--- better get things done here before it gets any later. Bye Bye

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #387  
Lifetime Loser

Hey Karen, think we might list our condo on Craigslist, did you get any hits from there? Your dogs are too cute!

Zoe, I feel bad you can't get all these fresh veggies after summer and that your neighbors are home . We pretty much have most of them year round down here but I will have to get use to that if we ever get to Ohio. Did you know you can have 3 slices of Pepperidge Farm WW lite bread for 1 point! I just found that in my info.....that means toast in the a.m. and a sandwich.....woooohoooo.

Welcome to our new ladies, Sue and Lindy......you will love it here.

Hi Gayle, hope you get some response this week about the position you applied for. You don't look like you need to lose much weight from your photo. Enjoy that grandson.

Hey Joanne, Trish, Bobbi and Cat.....hope your weekend has been a good one.

Lynn, I also remember I didn't do well at all that year we were in the other group either. We are both doing much better this go round....let's keep it up. Looking good in that bathing suit!

Lyn, I hope it wasn't too hard to get back into the swing of things at work after vacation....that is usually hard. I'm sure your back to walking.

Lily hope your birthday was a good one....

Marylynn, I also enjoyed your post and the info you shared. It is nice to hear all sides of the issue. Thanks for sharing.

Linda, I hate the humidity too but living here in Florida it is just part of our summer.....I am use to it now. Glad the kitty's are being good for you.

Hi Paula, good to hear from you.....keep in touch when you can.

OK, I want to complain .... I walked 3 miles with the dvd yesterday and was up 1/2 lb., what is with that, I didn't eat very much. We swam this a.m. to try to shake things up a bit.....I am starting WW today....something has got to give!!!! I think I will try doing the "Wendy Plan" that is explained on 3fc WW section (you vary the amt. of points each day) and I am going to make some of that 0 pt. veggie soup even if it is 90 outside.

Does any one know if sugar free jello is any points?

I'm sure I missed a few GG, sorry I'll catch you next time.

Phyllis
Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #388  

Default SF Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post
Does any one know if sugar free jello is any points?
Phyllis
Hi Phyllis,

SF jello is 0 points.

Lynn
Old 08-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #389  

Default Pet Stroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Lynn, I got this stroller for Ginger and Sissy and I just love it!!! In the picture they are both in it. But I ordered it from Ryan's Pet Supplies. It is a wholesale place that anybody can order from. And I spent less on the stroller through them even with the shipping than I would have at PetSmart. I found out about them from a groomer here in Florissant and I'm glad. They have lots of neat ideas! You can check them out at: www.RyansPet.com I thought that you might enjoy checking them out and you can order a catalog from them too. And Thanks for that link--- I have it bookmarked now!
Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for the Ryan's link. I'm going to order the stroller for Princess.

Lynn
Old 08-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #390  

Hi Phyllis, We have our house and the 5th wheel both on craigslist. We've had people from NM and San Diego both come to see the house from the criagslist. We advertised the boat and the tractor on craigslist also and they sold the same day I posted the ad for them! It does work. Plus you can put 4 pictures in with your ad. Good Luck to you. I may have to check into that "Wendy Plan"

Lynn, great bathing suit picture!! You look really great! Makes me really want to get busy and get motivated. Glad you got the link to Ryans. I always get a "real" catalog from them so I can see all the stuff they have. I bought the grooming arm for them so I can now do that at home and save about $30 per dog each time. And the grooming arm was something like $25. So it has already paid for itself many times.

OK I think I'm going to go ahead and put in my "Dirty Dancing" movie ---Love Patrick Swayzee!! and just walk on the treadmill until I can't walk anymore. I'll check back with you all later.
Closed Thread